What's the best Harry Potter film and do you have any particular memories of seeing any in the theaters?

What's the best Harry Potter film and do you have any particular memories of seeing any in the theaters?

strawpoll.me/11011400

Consensus: Prisoner of Azkaban
My personal pick: Chamber of Secrets
My favorite book: Goblet of Fire

I remember being really hyped for seeing Order of Phoenix in cinemas, mainly because Luna is my favorite character. It delievered. The battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort was great. Overrall the HP series is really comfy.

azkaban is amoung the worst
>that disney bullshit scene with the womping willow
>the pull away action scenes like from a cartoon

worst part is that the director made one of my fav movies, children of men yet made this garbage

>azkaban is amoung the worst
wat
4th, 5th & 7.1 are the worst

7.1 is top 3

we really dont need another thread we just had one save it for another tome

I remember wanting to walk out of the Half Blood Prince when I watched it at the theatre, it was the first time I'd wanted to leave before the end of a movie.

Honestly SEGA. I don't know if the guys that make the Yakuza games are seperated from the Sonic team, but the niggers that make these games are consistent in their product and development.

Literally kino and pleb filter

?????

I think I went and saw most of them in theatres but the only memorable thing about them was the theatre staff warning families buying tickets to the second one about the giant spiders scene.

Shit I'm fucking tired, wrong thread my brother.

Best is Philosopher's Stone, because much like the books it was before the serious fame so was still a kids book. Once Rowling became super successful, she had to go super grimdark to keep people interested, and they made Hogwarts less magical to seem more acceptable to audiences

for me its hard to pick but my top three are 3>7.1>6

You again?

My.pick
>3>>>> 4 or 7.2 >>> 1 or 2 >>>>> 5 and 6 are pretty boring movies.

lots of people agree look at the voting hbp in second and dh1 getting some love :)

yates are underrated if you like dh2 so much senpai you should like the others i do. i like them all

The second film is my favourite
I remember feeling smug that everyone else had left the theatre and therefore missed the post-credits scene with Lockhart

everyone actually likes Azkaban? That was always my least favorite book and movie. 1, 2 are the best in terms of fun, 7.1 is the best film overall

I love 7.1 and 3

7.1 is sooooooooo boring.

Niggas, please

>Muh Childhood

kys boring is literally a pleb critique I cringe everytime. its perfect and a perfect penultimate entry

I liked The Prisoner of Azkaban the most, but I think the only one I've seen in theatres was The Chamber of Secrets. I remember that because it started raining really bad on my way back home and I almost lost a shoe.

Nope, just nope.

>best: i dunno
>memory: Deathly Hallows part 1 is the only time I've ever fallen asleep in a theater. Saw it at midnight with some friends but fell asleep after Harry and Dumby were fighting those zombie things in that big cave. Woke up and Dumby was dead and I was like wtf

3>6>7.2>1>7.1>4>2>5

the one with gary oldman

>tfw people actually defend PoA
>never explained the Marauders
>never explained how Sirius escaped
>all that Muggle clothing
>all that weird quirky humor
>all those Hogwarts layout changes at once
>random scenes of Harry and Professor Lupin just chilling outside of class with no point other than to fuel creepy areas of the fandom
>random fat black kid who never appears again
>seriously if you wanted diversity just give Dean some fucking lines, he's canon and right fucking there
HBP was worse than those. Even with the fucking weird-ass hair in GoF. At least OotP had great casting for Luna and Umbridge (though I really wish they expanded the Battle of the Ministry and included the scene at St. Mungo's).

I have memories of seeing it in theatres and thinking it was easily one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Half Blood Prince is the best movie

You really are fucking stupid.