Why did Nixon win so easily in 1972?

Why did Nixon win so easily in 1972?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uuqHK69N6_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There was a large majority of white people in America

Because you retarded Americunts didn't have nearly as much immigrants as you have today.

>Tfw you will never have another red out

The LBJ nigger vote machine hadn't fully started yet and Democrats were on the verge of extinction.

That's a good explanation but a lot of these states were blue in the presidential elections before '72

After his first term he was very popular.

>implying Trump won't sweep the Rust Belt

the democrats ran bernie sanders of that era, so that's why they made super delegates after mondale fucked it up too.

He was well liked and didn't have any major fuck ups yet

He was ascendant. It doesn't seem like it now and it probably didn't seem like it then, but Nixon was a historical figure.

He is the realization of everything a politician is and it was very necessary for him to take office at the time.

It's fine. We are heading towards Balkanization. It will most likely occur when the Left makes an earnest push for gun control/confiscation in the next 15 years.

Unfortunately, due to cuck evangelical Christians there will be no white ethno-state as a result, just a conservative one that will slowly succumb to the same degeneracy as the current one.

wow did NY have a fucking famine its delegates are cut in half

Florida collected a bunch of new yorkers.

That's because prior to 1972 the Democratic party used to actually care about (white) people. JFK, for example, was a democrat but was based as fuck.

I'm not too familiar with George McGovern's policies, but it was Carter (D 1976) who ushered in the age of pandering to minorities to gain votes. "I'll have those niggers vote democrat for the next 200 years" is an actual quote of his, relating to government welfare.

Yes, pretty much.

It's the same thing happening in California right now. Some merchant ran off with the source of value, so the job market decayed from inside, so people migrated to other states in huge numbers.

Look forward to Dodgers fans becoming just as annoying and omnipresent as Yankees fans.

There's a uh, reasonable explanation for all this

>15 replies and no one mentions he ran against George McGovern

Sup Forums kind of doesn't know what it's talking about. It was a blowout because the dems picked a horrible nom

Why did Nixon had such a huge success ? He was an introvert, not particularly good looking or good speaker, is it because he was such a masterful tactician ?

>why is USA painted red for a Republican again

To answer your question, he promised to end the draft.

Democrats have always been the party of no-rights.

IIRC he was running against George McGovern in that election, who was considered absolutely unelectable, and was actually the reason the Dems introduced 'superdelegates'. They wanted to make sure another McGovern never got on the ballot.
Also, though Nixon's reputation was destroyed by Watergate, his first term was well received by the so-called 'silent majority' in America. In his re-election bid he promised that he had a secret plan to end the Vietnam war as well

Weak Democratic candidate.

the '72 election is the closest possible analog for a Trump/Sanders confrontation, if that helps you understand.

Hillary will do better against Trump but she'll still lose.

>They wanted to make sure another McGovern never got on the ballot.

He was a pretty great speaker. The checkers speech was brilliant.

I mentioned him in

>"I'll have those niggers vote democrat for the next 200 years"
wasn't it LBJ who said that?

Well these people move to states like Colorado and Texas so you could argue that isn't positive

>make sure another McGovern never got on the ballot

>I'll have those niggers vote democrat for the next 200 years
that was LBJ (D '64)

that quote was from lyndon johnson.

The Democrats were the Southern racists prior to the 1960s.

>based Reagan
the last decent president, the last 4 ones have been terrible

too bad he got shot, which made him far less capable

Yes, I looked it up and you're right.

If anything, that only makes more sense when asking why those states voted blue prior to 1972 though.

Who ran against Nixon? MA native I assume. Natives usually win their state

also

With that giant long nose, you can obviously see why.

Dont know why i asked that stupid fucking question

Roger Stone

He hated kikes though. You should listen to those leaked tapes, he says jews are born spies lmao.

They're still the southern racists.

They just have better systems now. Southern factories will put a black guy "in charge," and then that one guy will break every labor law in the books and have the assembly line workers speaking not one word of complaint.

Southeast entire factory is black. Southwest entire factory is Mexican. Both sides have short lives and shorter stairways.

It won't be guns that causes balkanisation of the US.

Simple demographics will do that. It's already happening, US politics is fracturing along ethnic lines

It's why a multicultural society simply cannot work. Every group votes in its own interest, and in a country as large and diverse as America, it will inevitably produce tension and conflict.

The US welfare state has been gutted as whites become more outnumbered because each group doesn't want to help the other. There's a reason why the 90% white US of the 1950s had strong unions and greater redistribution of wealth, because people like to help their extended group. Just look at Sweden. Once the most homogeneous country in the world, it constructed a fantastic welfare state because people had no problem aiding each other. Now, with mass immigration, welfare is slowly being attacked by neoliberals, who import migrants for cheap labour and to break up homogeneity.

Same with Trump?

He was a pretty good president if you put aside all the corruption and paranoia.

George McGovern was actually a pretty cool guy. I read his book about flying Lancaster bombers over Germany... he went through some real shit.

Back then he was considered a cuck, and nobody liked cucks then, so he got pasted by Nixon. Compared to what we deal with today though, McGovern would be considered redpileld as fuck and liberals would be tearing into him twice as hard as they do Trump.

>modern controversy is that people have to watch every word they say
>70s had paranoia

this is one of the first pictures I saved on my phone

Nixon was right about jews being unloyal to america
Its why the jewish owned media still portrays him as a villain to this day.

Carter actually won in 76, and nobody was going to fucking beat Reagan in 84

How that make him less capable? If anything it helped him for a short time because congress would do whatever he wanted because they felt bad for him.

He promised to end the Vietnam war that everyone hated LBJ for.

Here is a map of the white vote in Romney vs. Obama.

I'll let you extrapolate your own thoughts on this. Also you get a nice look at your future if you don't stop importing arabs.

The historical reason that you'll read in American History textbooks is that his opponent heavily campaigned towards demographics that didn't go out and vote

The actual answer is because the democrats nominated a Sanders

All the things he was paranoid about were true though. He literally dindu nuffin.

Yeah, a bullet made his brain into porridge

Carter won because the merchant establishment was doing 24/7 hitpieces on Republicans just like they're doing right now. This year is time for another McGovern/Mondale. If Hillary gets v& like she's supposed to and Sanders becomes the candidate, there won't be a single blue state in 2016.

>i'll have these niggers vote democrat for the next 200 years

t. LBJ

Before anyone suggests the media smear campaign will work again: modern "journalism" is even more distrusted today than congress.

Nixon was a good centrist president.

D Y N O M I T E
youtube.com/watch?v=uuqHK69N6_w
1:37
>mfw

Nixon was based,

People forget that Nixon's first term was actually extremely solid. He desegregated schools, opened relations with China, he started phased withdrawal from Vietnam and achieved a ceasefire with northern Vietnam.

When he went up for reelection, he was extremely popular and well liked.

Too bad he lost his damn mind during his second term.

>Carter won because the merchant establishment was doing 24/7 hitpieces on Republicans just like they're doing right now.

No, it was because Ford hadn't been elected, had pardoned Nixon, and in the debates stupidly said "There is no Soviet domination in Eastern Europe!" Even then it was really close.

No Carter won since Ford was basically the same as R-Money at the time

what do you mean by R-Money?

I'm still baffled that there was ever a period in living memory where Georgia, Maryland, West Virginia, and Minnesota all voted the same way

Its a slang name for Romney

Romney is rich as fuck (not Trump-tier mind, but enough to be out of touch with regular people), hence the nickname R-Money

>George McGovern
I'm looking this guy up and Sanders campaign is a virtual mirror to his own. Lots of donations and support from young liberal voters but still BTFO, except in this case, he's losing to the nomination and not the lection.

>Not a single blue state.

This e-mail meme needs to stop, it's not going to happen but I digress, you're severely underestimating the current political landscape. We have millions of more immigrants and young liberal voters now than we did 30 years ago. Don't underestimate their desire for free shit

Fucking Massachusetts. I hate this fucking state.

So the right gives us either space marines or a world where oxygen is replaced with testosterone.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Because Democrats nominated a guy who had literally 2% of the Democrat vote after Kennedy junior got shot.

Bernie voters are actually overwhelmingly white people though, the immigrants all go for Hillary.
If the US was still 90% white like the 1960s you'd have Sanders picking up the democratic nomination easily.

Nixon appealed to the youth across the country and got most of the hippie vote, he supported the 26th Amendment that lowered the voting age to 18-years of age and spewed anti-war rhetoric at universities.

He ran his campaign like a conservative Bernie Sanders.

he used the magic words
ima
get
us
outta
vietnam

ctrl-f eagleton

goddamn you kids have no idea.

i'm an old asshole, so I'm familiar with the actual reasons.

People were fed up with hippy shit.

Honestly Nixon was one of the greatest presidents we ever had. He was just as corrupt as every other politician of his time. He just got caught. That was his only fault

and you stupid fucks act like mein kampf is worth reading.

it's a pile of drivel.

read h.s.thompson's fear and loathing on the campaign trail, and you will have a hilarious clue about the 72 election.

This.

He actually was a moderate. Not really a bad guy, he just did some bad things.

Polling better in majority white areas doesn't mean you have the majority of the white vote. Minority vote matters but the white vote is what gets you over the goal line.

>Nixon was one of the greatest presidents

yes and no on that.

Actually Trump is McGovern, though George was a ww2 pilot whereas Donald bailed on Vietnam

Nixon did end the Vitenam war

we need another red out

fucking Massachusetts man

hippies

hippies bombing marine barracks and burnshit

New York's population has stagnated while the rest of the nation grew.

>Nixon did end the Vitenam war

when eisenhower took office, the korean war was a major part of the cold war. he went there. looked it over. talked to the generals. came home and said, "it's a waste of time. wrap it up and leave".

when nixon was elected on his "end the war" platform, he dragged it on for about 5 ridiculous years, because he did not have the balls to be the first president to "lose a war".

see the difference? Ike had balls. dick did not.

did nixon end the ridiculous war or not?

Everyone on both sides knew it was a stupid war. The "Liberal" LBJ knew it was bad. The "conservative" Nixon knew it was bad and ended it

>tumblr

>Because you retarded Americunts didn't have nearly as much immigrants as you have today.

You missed about 10 years in your post there.

Kennedy and Johnson. your post means nothing

Nixon had become paranoid about his chances for reelection after narrowly beating out Hubert Humphrey in the previous election ('68). He set out to destroy anyone the Democrats could throw at him and to that end organized a semi-clandestine fundraising group called the Committee to Re-Elect the President (CREEP).

His team started by sinking Ted Kennedy's political career (who at that point was the presumptive and anointed nominee after his brother RFK's assassination in '68) by leaking details of the chappaquidick incident. What happened was three years prior to the election Ted drunkenly smashed his car into a lake in Massachusetts which led to a female friend who was in the car with him drowning to death while he bailed on her for dry land. Ted used his political connections to hush up the accident but after it got leaked to the press his candidacy shit the bed and he dropped out. Serves that fat piece of shit right, as he was partly responsible for opening the immigration floodgates to this country. After Ted folded like a cheap suit the Democrats nominated a no-name senator from South Dakota named George McGovern who was a pure meme ccandidate and whose only real policy position was being anti-Vietnam war. He nominated a guy named Thomas Eagleton for VP who, as CREEP had later found out and strategically leaked, had multiple electro-shock therapy sessions for clinical depression and bipolar. Eagleton got tossed out and they nominated a tosspot named Sargent Shriver whose only credentials were marrying into the Kennedys and being an LBJ toadie.

So all in all, the complete Nixon sweep was due in part to the utter incompetence of the Dems but mostly because of the masterfully orchestrated (up until the Watergate hotel break-in) pro-Nixon campaign that went on in the sidelines. A shame that Nixon couldn't see past his election, he was a brilliant man and probably one of the most intelligent and calculating presidents we've had in the 20th century.

Politics used to be about politics before identity politics came into play in such a major fashion
Most whites are still not aware everyone else is using the Democrat party for their identity politics, but about an equal share on both ends knows. The Democrat whites who know just chose their own demise because of social leftist thought.

>Kennedy
One of the worst political families around.