Why is it so hard to get a job now a days? Is it because I'm acoustic? Or is it because America is fucked?

Why is it so hard to get a job now a days? Is it because I'm acoustic? Or is it because America is fucked?

>Is it because I'm acoustic?

Yes. 4/10 for making me reply.

Has a lot to do with where you live and what you are trying to apply for. I've never had any trouble finding a job low income job.

america is literally fucked.everything is outsourced, and internships wants 4+years of experience doing the exact task they assign you to

>litorally found internships for junior/senior students that required 3+years experience using the specific lab equipment of theirs

Something's wrong..... I literally feel like I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel when I try to hire someone. My only real criteria is that they can't be retarded and the need to have some sort of mechanical aptitude.

Being acoustic? Fuck, nigger. Maybe thinking isn't your field?

If jose can get a job so can you.

There are tons of jobs. There are more vacant jobs than unemployed people. If you are unemployed, you are a failure, and a faggot,

Yes, I don't care how amazing you might be. If you're a millenial, you're fucked.

Agreed. In 17 years I've only been unemployed for two weeks and have had 11 jobs. 2 to 3 jobs at a time while I was at engineering school. Op is either a nigger, lazy like a nigger or has impossible high expectations for themselves.

Because companies are constantly hiring unskilled brown people and dumb women to fulfill their SJW quotas.

pay no attention to people who have jobs. they don't know the real job market because they are employed. uncle sam is giving tax credits for hiring immigrant workers, therefore, no incentive to hire American labor. jobs are going to foreigners and immigrants.

this

Job market is fucked. I skipped town when I hit 19. At 21, I had to get a job and kept going to restaurants and stores filling out job applications, but was never hired. Eventually I got a job at a movie theater, because they were hiring anybody then. After a couple of years and a few manager changes later, I got a manager who was a complete asshole and cut my hours. Started sending out resumes to manual labor jobs for more pay and more hours. Nobody would hire me due to lack of experience, until one day there was a local job fair. Finally there was an employer who was taking anybody, so I joined for a few months, until they let me and a bunch of people go after the holidays. That job gave me enough experience to apply to any other manual labor jobs I wanted. Employers want experienced people, but don't want to give the experience. Being unemployed for a long time hurts too.

Jose gets hired because he cheaper than an American.

with over 90 million unemployed workers, i find this hard to believe. have you tried ADVERTISING that you are hiring so people who need jobs can find you?

Disagree. If you got the experience, they will take you. If you are just starting out, you are fucked.

>no social sensitivity
>no interpersonal strategy
>no capacity for empathy

yeah you sound like every other loser engineer

I live in NZ, where the job market is better, yet literally only once in my life have I seen a shop with a sign saying a worker was needed.

Because you have no drive and possibly think a trade is below your bankrupt IQ. Thus no money + depression = soundgarden

>acoustic

Are you guitarded?

no its because of "Made in China"

2.9 billion chinese need a job...

Sounds like you want a job for experienced people. Pro-trip: if you have 0 experience stick to jobs listed as entry level.

Wow I need to give that a try.

nobody should be required to have a job or money to survive or live comfortably, that's fucking horse shit

I've never seen an entry-level job, except for dead-end jobs where the experience can't lead to a better job.

Seriously, every job that isn't dead-end and should be entry-level still has requirements.

With a job

Just imagine 10 or 15 years from now when every truck driver, bus driver, cab driver, etc is out of work thanks to self driving cars.

You fuckers are afraid of outsourcing, illegal aliens, assorted minority groups, etc - you are being duped into fearing other people who are all about to get fucked in the ass with you.

My company is hiring like crazy, as are other companies around here. We only hire non retard, non lazy tech unix people.

Blue state coastal elite FTW

Sounds like excuses. Any job is better than no job. Once you have a job continue looking until you find one more appealing to you. It's that simple. I started out cleaning toilets.

So im actually certified acoustic. I cant get a job to save my life. People just tell me to get a job. What does that even look like. So if a job is the result, what are the variables? Im a constant for sure. Like how can i force someone to give me a job. Its not just a loaf of bread.

Are you on the artistic spectrum?

it's not

honestly I think it really depends on how people interview, I always get hired and I really think it's just because people like me in the interview and think I'm smart, I think you just have to win over whoever is picking people

>Tech guy here

I could actually probably get any job I want, one of the issues is my salary/benefits requirements

The higher you climb in the field the harder it gets to find top quality high paying jobs

Many sales, solutions, project managers can make up to 200k and the actually engineers doing the work will make barely 85k

That might also be because I'm not CCIE or CISSP

Once I hit that if I chose to do it, I might make it

what skill do you have?
ive worked with several autists, they tend to be smart. socially awkward but most engineers are that way

I failed university (UK), had shit college / school grades. Figured my life was absolute cancer so I went into the Royal Marine's, for 3 years, now im coming out and am back where i started. Find a trade and master it. Im learning Ruby and Python and busting my fucking way into the world of development. Pick a trade and fucking master it. Doesn't matter where you have come from, doesn't matter if you have a degree, all that matters is a portfolio or fucking awesome skills, which everyone can work for. Crush it.

Well, i used to work at NTOC. Now im stuggling getting anything.

Live? Maybe, survive? Maybe not

I was out of work for six years as an adult. Literally no one would take me. Zero experience. Everyone wanted someone with experience. Finally I just started lying on my resume. It worked.

theres a shitton of IT security hiring going on now. have you tried? do you live in a shit place?

Lets make "because im acoustic?" The 2017 an hero.

NOC?

What is your experience? What kind of certs do you hold?

Never did an interview without getting a job offer. Now that I do the interviewing I see why. Most people are complete autists in interviews.

ive cut interviews short before because people suck so much! lol

this is 100% true. interview well and you got it. practice practice practice.

There are a couple factors affecting job availability in the US. The ACA de-incentivizes hiring full-time employees, because it is expensive to provide healthcare insurance. A lot of jobs are replaced by automation, and higher minimum wage laws lead to more jobs being replaced by machines. And where I live, a lot of the available part-time jobs go to people over the age of 65- it is cheaper for an employer to provide Medicare supplemental insurance than full insurance, and the AARP lobbies very effectively so there are tax breaks for hiring people over 65. The economy is rough, it has been 'recovering' for eight years without getting better. A lot of older people can't afford to get by on pensions and social security.

The model of 'work a full time job for 40 years and retire with a pension' is more rare than it used to be. My parents' generation could expect to stay at one job for a career and retire. My grandparents' generation could expect the same. But that model is not realistic nowadays, people need to acquire new skills for new jobs frequently. Some jobs allow for working 40 plus years, but most jobs need people to have a plan for what they're going to do next. And the economics, at least in Arizona, favor hiring people over 65 for part-time work. When I go to the grocery store, the deli staff is all people over 65. And they're mostly not happy about unretiring and working, but they can't afford to not work.

its niggers

U mad? I'm guessing it may be that your wife got fucked by the gardener because your micro penis couldn't please her

Kek, niggers don't work!

>They do, my office is full with them
>I learned its a mix though
>Many are just Africans who immigrated to the US in early 2000s and have been here ever since
>Can't really call them that I guess
>They might be black, but they work hard, dress well and are pretty cool to work with

I'm 51 and I'm here to tell you, snowflakes, making a living is easier than ever before. No, you're not going to get a lifelong union job at the factory with a pension and three weeks of vacation. But holy fuck - get some skills. It's a gig economy. If you can do anything at all, you can get work. Work at making income, not having a job. Check gigs and remote work. There are a million things out there. You've got time to be online camping on this fucking site but you can't use that time to find work and quit being a useless eater? Come on, children.

Oh no only 85k a year how do you even fucking survive

Try Uber?

Be more specific about the position you are hiring for, the rate you are offering, and the general location the work is at (ie city)

Examples. Please.

Its always easy to find work if it costs more to do the work than the amount paid

Hate to break it to anyone who hasn't been paying attention for the last 25 years but this is all a collective effort by wall streets largest to suppress the value of working class labor.

That's right. Through things like outsourcing, offshoring, temporary immigrant workers, tax incentives, loop holes, payroll tricks (like salary swindling), and just plain old firing multiple workers in favor of driving one worker to the point of insanity.

These large companies have pushed the government (who is basically their friends behind the scenes) to devalue every worker to the point where it makes more sense (on paper) to immigrate someone temporarily or open up loopholes for temporary workers (so they don't pay you benefits and cap your week at 37.5 hours).

This is the tip of the iceberg however, as ever higher entry level requirements effectively knee cap any college graduates hopes of ever landing a well paying or long term job.

Add to this the ever increasing cost of living and you've got yourself a pressure cooker...

This

Continued...

Add to this the continued tax breaks and hopscotch tax havens that the wealthy use to shuttle money out of the country. The ever increasing cost of healthcare for the boomer generations (it accounts for 1/3'ish of the budget).

Reduction or elimination of benefits, moves for deregulation, inflated salaries of executives, etc...etc...etc... This doesn't even take into account automation and advanced robotics systems taking over most workers jobs in the next 20 years.

It's all starting to rear its head though as big time department stores like Sears, JC Penny and such start to fall apart under their own weight and mismanagement. Wall street is effectively killing itself in slow motion. It won't be long now before we head into another crash as markets generate more bubbles (check out the DOW for fuck sakes).

This is a shit show of epic proportions. 2008 is going to be a joy ride compared to what is coming down the pipe.

No certs. Worked there while i was in the army. Kinda sucks because i have no qualifications though.

Just wait then. Some foreign temporary worker will take your job soon enough. Sorry to say.

>implying i have a job to take

yeah probably. I never have problems getting jobs when im actually looking. Also had a few off the book jobs which in my opinion are harder to look for but easier to get. Infact I have a followup interview this monday.

Basically it's harder for you to get a job because it's an employers paradise right now. They can pick and choose from leagues of desperate workers on the brink of starvation. They will take ANY job and they will do more work than they would have otherwise just in order to not be let go.

Speak to people in HR departments who are bloated with resumes and applicants scrambling for work. Meanwhile they play these fucking head games with the tests and nonsense questions.

It's hard because we're being made to be desperate. This desperate climate in the work force creates driving forces that allow the wealthy to further extract value off the top of every worker in newly realized profits. Ie. If your product/service can't generate new value due to competition, take it from your workers.

This tbh

> be me 18 yo
> want to start an education as a paramadic
> have my own flat and no family ( even no parents)
> have no money for the driver license
> noone wants to give me a job without a license
> the welfare state doesn´t want to help me
> deal with speed and pot
> have no perspective

>Why is it so hard to get a job now a days

It's not. Lower you fucking standards. You aren't going to be making 20 dollars an hour for your first job and you wont be making a decent wage until you get work experience or a masters.

We hire about a dozen people a month here at walmart simply because about a dozen people a month quit. They figure they would rather not have a job than to have a job paying .09 cents higher than the state minimum wage.

Either you have no marketable skills, or have no idea how to market your skills.

This ignores cost of living and the fact that many are on fucking food stamps despite working at walmart because they are unqualified to work anywhere else.

Great. They qualify for Government Assistance and get money for food and other benefits like General Assistance.

If they are unqualified to work anywhere else and they are surprised they are getting paid MINIMUM WAGE then they need to either seek out opportunities to better themselves or seek out a noose.

What's also hilarious is that people will continuously blame each other if they can't find work, not the employers and their bullshit. Or whether or not most jobs provide a livable wage considering the cost of living.

But no, let's just blame each other and give a leg up to rich people so they can fuck us over even further. LOL. The deck has been so far stacked against most people that most people are now conditioned to attack anyone who doesn't have a job as a lazy, worthless shit.

Back in the day my pops dropped out of school, got a job almost immediately, worked his way through a trade somehow and ended up buying a house. All while never having been to college or university. Got paid overtime and had enough money to live a comfortable life. That is all a fantasy today and he's gone now so it doesn't matter.

You are not worth more than anyone. If jose can put rocks on a pallet for 9 dollars so can you.

So the burden then falls on the tax payer because some company has bullied the government (they are one of the biggest employers in america) to not have to pay a livable wage.

I'm not sure you understand that this effectively means they have found a way to socialize the costs of running their operation by involving the government in their loophole. Meanwhile they are reaping the profits privately.

This just proves again how fucking duped people have become. If I created a company and asked the government to supply me with capital to finance my payroll they would laugh me right out of the place. But if Wally World does it, somehow everyones cool with it. Mmmhmm... okay then.

And that's fine, if he's a legal citizen and his papers in order to work. If not, he's working illegally and the government should crack down on it. But they won't. Illegal labor is providing a huge boon to many employers currently (and for decades now) in businesses that are directly benefiting people in high places who are invested in them.

The average joe citizen now has to compete with Jose for the same job even though he isn't legally entitled to work in the country.

The unemployment rate in the US is 4.4%. To put it in other terms, 95.6% of Americans are employed. That's insane. At least 10% of Americans don't deserve jobs. There are plenty of window lickers and mouth breathers that realistically have no purpose other than to suck up resources. I wouldn't hire at LEAST 10% of you fucks to wash my car, let alone doing something slightly more complex, like making fucking food for people and trusting you to not get people sick with your booger picking cum milkers. Frankly, I'm sickened at the level of (in)competence that's expected, nowadays, but you're what we have to work with for cheap labor and we're reeeally scraping the bottom of the barrel when we get to nearly 96% employment rates.

Where do you work then user?

Did you also bust your ass for a decade doing trivial work to finally get enough experience to rise up within a company? Or did you take out a huge loan, studied art history, then came online to bitch about why people wont pay you 30 dollars an hour for your useless degree?

This is America. Superlow minimum wage and the top relaxes and see the money flow inn. Why is it not a revolution in america against this. Workers work, eployers get payed.'

That is precisely the Us V. Them mentality that most dunderheads have been infected with. The divisive message has been used again and again to push attention away from government and big business' cozy relationships onto the working class who have been continually getting the shit kicked out of them.

Effectively, we're working against our own interests. Because we're stupid and easy to manipulate.

You talk about employment figures as if they're the entire story. Meanwhile that doesn't exactly say much about how many of those jobs are temporary, part time, full time, etc. If 90% of jobs are part time or temporary you'd still think things were just peachy. But it isn't.

Also, the degree to which people do their jobs is a factor of their education and the incentive they receive in exchange for their labors. Ie. If you buy product A and it does nothing for you, you wouldn't purchase it. But if you have a worker and you try to milk them dry of their energy in exchange for pennies, they are still expected to perform like a race horse? Really? What's their incentive?

People need to give their heads a shake. If you're not a multi-millionaire with at least 10 million liquid then you're really just a working shmuck like everyone else. And that means you're at risk too.

Firstly, i've had dozens of hard working jobs. I've never put that above anyone. I've worked for more than a decade in those positions. So no, i'm not going to be taking any of your bullshit today thanks.

Secondly, I am in private enterprise, not the labor market. I think you have to have stockholm syndrome to work in most places these days as we are not being given an equitable trade for our time or labors.

Thirdly, i'd advise you to take the wool off your eyes and realize that if you are part of the working class then you are standing side by side other workers just like you. You are all fighting for better wages and fair working conditions. If you are not, then you are allowing slavery to gradually come back into effect. I make no exaggeration about that. You really have to be brain dead to fight against your fellow working class to support the wealthy who are fighting against you.

I envy the people saying they can't find work here...

>Felon and SO.

If you aren't both of these, you guy's got it in the bag. I fucked up my life, and I'm paying for it. Go out and get a job, I've been looking for work at all kinds of entry level jobs. But I mention SO or Felon and I'm kicked out quicker than I can say thank you. Fuck all my IT goals. No high level business will hire me.
"We need you to handle sensitive information from our clients" "Oh you're a felon? Nevermind, peace."

You fuckers got it lucky, stop complaining.

I wouldn't wanna work with a sex offender either

Felons have their own set of problems and employment challenges. But that alone does not nullify or make believe the problems the general population faces in gaining equitable employment.

Your argument basically boils down to those up hill, both ways stories.

I hope someone in this thread can tell me i'm full of shit btw. I hate the way things have been progressing but I don't see them changing any time soon, possibly ever.

you're probably not though

But I want to be. The reality of these horrors make it hard to sleep at night. Knowing we're all getting fucked and the wealthy are laughing all the way to Monaco with their 40 million dollar yachts.

25 years? Try almost 40. Ever since the late 70s, the Neoliberal economic consensus has been commoditizing labor, liberating capital, replacing wage growth with credit growth, and trying to fight inflation like it's 1923. We patched the system up after it finally imploded in 2008 but no-one, not in the US or Europe, has a fucking clue how to fix it.

Is right. We only survived 2008 because the US and UK had credible state actors willing to step in and at least address the acute problem. Next time; not so much. When the system goes boom again...invest heavily in petroleum jelly.

feels. we will have our day, user. for now, we wait.

It's definitely because you're acoustic.

I disagree. People are overpaid for the amount of skill they can legitimately put into their work. I don't trust the average person you even drive their cars properly. It's crazy to think that a person that cannot pay attention in traffic, or that will do something completely selfish and stupid on a daily basis while operating a dangerous piece of equipment should be the one serving me meals. I get that you think the big bad corporations are out to get you, but they're overpaying at least 10% of people considering the inferior product WE receive.

I'm not at risk because I'm skilled enough to outcompete at least 50%. Maybe you're one of the idiots that really shouldn't exist.

You are absolutely correct in that this has been going on probably since the new deal 1913 but i've only been alive long enough to pay attention during my own struggles. I've watched these effects rollout over time and what pains me is that most people are blissfully unaware of what it all means. You see it happen and you wonder if it's YOU who are taking stupid pills because nobody else gives a shit.

Get a call center job. They hire anyone with a pulse, and are usually easy money as long as you can put up with the verbal abuse from customers. Do a half-assed decent job with a half-assed decent attitude and you'll probably get promoted quickly.

Let me pop your little bubble real quick because you seem kinda full of yourself. Listen brosky, you depend on countless people every day of your life to continue to exist. Let me show you just a few of them:

Truckers - Ship goods to stores
Clerks - who cash you out at the supermarket
Stock Clerks - Who put inventory on the shelves for you to choose from

That's not to mention...

Sanitation workers - They take your trash away so you don't have to worry about it. Imagine if they disappeared... how much shit you'd be left with.
Construction Workers - Who built your house
HVAC Workers - Who installed the equipment that keeps you warm/cools you.
Chinese Laborers - Who provided probably every electronic device you own to play with
Restaurant Staff and Cooks - Prepare and host you at a restaurant when you just can't get it together for lunch or dinner. Don't act like you've never gone to a restaurant.
Children in Bangledesh - Who assembled and stitched your clothes that you wear everyday.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture. You are not special, in that you think you are strong and stand alone and provide every value upon yourself, by yourself. You are part of society and dependent wholly on its doing well. If society fails, guess what pal, you're going to have a bad time.

>I'm not at risk because I'm skilled enough to outcompete at least 50%. Maybe you're one of the idiots that really shouldn't exist.

This is the funniest shit i've ever read. You think you're a unique snowflake and can't be replaced. Oh you're adorable. When a robot comes along that can do your job 100 times faster than you can, guess what muchacho, you're out on your ass. And when you go around looking for the same job, whatever it is you do, you'll find others have replaced that job entirely with automation. And what then? The breadlines.

This. I'm an good electrician and it's amazing how in demand I am.

This seems super true.

Gravy train won't last forever. Hope you continue to see demand though. Good to know people are doing well.

There's work. You just don't want to do it, mainly because you're an entitled brat with no backbone.

Be prepared to take unpaid internships then. Experience means more than your thirst to prove yourself. There are MILLIONS of educated people out of work right now who are dying to get jobs to prove themselves.

I wish you all the best user. But realize that it's going to be brutal to find work in a lot of cases. You may get lucky, however. I've watched everything in IT go from boom to bust in very short order and then sort of recover a bit... IT's nothing like it was in the 90 or early 2000's.

Another blamer. Blame the victim buddy. I'm sure he's never tried writing up a resume or applying himself/herself. Yup, just another brat looking for a handout.

Hows the weather up there on your high horse? Hope it's sunny.