Does anyone know what this is? I found a box of twenty of them today

Does anyone know what this is? I found a box of twenty of them today

I can take a picture of the circuit board inside

Seems to have a mini microcontroller in it

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/
microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/AT91SAM7S256
aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Outdoor-Safety-GPS-Locator-Wristband-Watch-SOS-Personal-Anti-lost-GSM-Realtime-Tracker-with-Lanyard/32800367770.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.69.Elfy2e
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bumpo, I'm very curious...tried looking up the chips but nothing

looks like one of those alexa light control things

No way to tell without knowing what some of the other ICs are. Atmel/ARM STM32 MCUs are like $5 each now, there's nothing to be gained from dismantling it for parts.

Only guessing, the two sensors with the bluish dots in the centre could be proximity detectors. But you wouldn't really pack that much extra circuitry into a proximity detector.

tl;dr - it's worthless, you can't use it for anything, shovel them into the trash.

somebody here will know
reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/
inb4 plebbit

Should I plug it in and power it up and see what it does?

>plug it in

It's not powered off the AC outlet you know, it needs low voltage DC to one of the pins on that edge connector and uless you know which pins are the power rails then you're wasting your time

And even if you did power it up, it won't do anything. it'll just sit there doing whatever processing it's meant to do. It almost certainly needs to communicate with another system via that pin header.

throw

it

in

the

trash

microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/AT91SAM7S256

Took it apart, battery in the bottom

Any brand or decal that might give any info?

i feel like i am watching a real life episode of better call saul

the board have no name on it ? check under the battery

My best guess is that its part of a dash board or something, maybe someone had an old car that used parts like that

not really a car part, look under there is a usb, the same for phone, that the way it charge. But i dont understand the board

look at the top, you got 2 pin for -unknow- stuff
then on at the top there is a 10 pin block (dont know the english name and too bored to check google translate), same under.

does it do anything when you power it on?

looks like a bbc iplayer to me
circa 2014

Just noticed something - this yellow thing lines up with the golden circles on the 2nd picture... looks like little springs

I think this thing delivers all types of readings from devices in motion (yellow thing being an gyroscope / accelerometer of some sort)

Didn't mention before, but I found these in one of the highest funded research facilities in the us. So I'm curious if anyone has seen these before, or if they're a new tech

Share more pics of the thing, both outside and inside. Start with markings that it might have

post it on Sup Forums

Anything specific? Only thing not shown are the sides, where the switch, USB connector, and another pin can be seen (connects to the two pins seen next to yellow thing in

If there are no outside markings then it probably is something that was tested on the facility you mentioned before. Without any additional info there is nothing you can do (easily) to know what that device does since all the parts on the device are readily available and can be put together by an amateur. My suggestion is to keep 1 if you want and trash the rest. Post pics of the sides if you want though

>mini microcontroller
I think you mean a macro nanocontroller

Looks similar to the covert recording devices we used back in my days in the FBI to watch child predators.

Hmmmmmm

I've seen this same circuit in a DARPA facility

>Only guessing, the two sensors with the bluish dots in the centre could be proximity detectors.

Those are membrane buttons. They line up with the two button indicators on the face marked one and two.

Note that picture one is rotated 180 degrees from picture two.

Well we have some kind of 2-button transmitter.

The golden circle next to battery is a patch antenna, which is then makes contact with the outer casing.

The case bottom has USB port for programming.

That was a NAMBLA facility, not DARPA

The yellow thing could be a sounder of some sort, like a piezo buzzer. The metal contacts next to it look like tamper detection since they connect to the circuit board when installed and appear to be connected together.

those yellow circle and black square pieces look like a vibrate motor (like they used in older phones) and headphone or AC power jacks...

pic of sides?

Garage door remote? One button for the door, one for lights or a gate?

Smart man

pic shows the "watch strap" the whole thing sits in, and under the battery now (two serials but nothing comes up on google)

Lay a ruler next to it for scale

McChickin. Do I win?

its probably an ankle bracelet for people on house arrest.

where did you get these?

Nah, I've had those. The strap would be electrically connected to the circuit or there would be a skin sensor on the back side.

You have no idea what your messing with, get these as far away from your house as you can and into a body of water if possible.

Security alarms. Strap them to trees or poles, they detect Invaders. Good luck.

Okay, so we have a two button, battery powered, watch sized device.

It looks to be rechargeable with a standard micro b usb. Has what looks like a single-pole, double throw switch on the side and appears to be digitally programmable.

Gonna go one step further and say the switch on the side is for power.

It's not for wet environments since the case isn't weather tight, so outside use is limited.

Are any of the chips you searched related to TX/RX? Anything with a Qualcom label?

have you tried plugging it in to a fucking computer yet, god damnit? device manager? wtf is happening here

>I can take a picture of the circuit board inside
Its not a fucking bomb

Temp & humidity sensor with radio transmit.

The three little silver and gold boxes, on the right edge, are SS gyros? They are arranged that way.

I never claimed it was a bomb, it's much worse than a bomb.

I think I would try that, too, even though I don't see anything but power connected to the usb.

Currently hooking the suspected output pin to a rasp pi to try to get some info out

Or is there a better way to do by using usb?

Or just a generic programmable remote opener. Could be used for anything that has a antenna.

where did you find them?

Common crystal package, likely has the frequency stamped on it.

Pin is tiny af I've never seen it before

I think I would just use a standard phone to usb charge/sync cord and plug it in to a PC first. See if windows asks for drivers or recognizes it

That's not typically used as an output.

Looks like a barrel charge connector.

But then why the usb?

Check the center pin for battery voltage with a meter. Ground would be battery negative.

This.

They leave them around and curious people pick them up and bring them into their houses. Instant FBI backdoor.

Wanderguard for old folks in nursing homes

3.7v

Yeah but why would they be arranged at 90 degree axis from each other? That's how you capture motion in three axis. I'm betting those are piezo gyros.

Alternate charge connector then, not a data output.

I see a motion detector and a microphone.battery looks newer though than an old fbi thingy

They probably put them on dead bodies to detect motion, like thrusting and jiggling.

>where did you get these?

This. We need to know.

Likely I guess. This thing obviously is a remote sensor system

Ok, so usb is only means of data transfer?

I agree.

Nope.

Here's my guess of their functionality. These are sensitive freight tags. They're attached to fragile articles that must be handled in particular orientations and kept within G force limits.

They're just loggers for temp, possibly humidity and 3 axis acceleration.

Isn't that a remote for a GoPro?

Sometimes just firmware update and charging

Dude, FBI are in the 21st century just like us.

Or programming.

I'm betting it's a sensor for a lighting system, like a Lutron system used in high end offices and homes.

This thing is meant to go in your ass OP. So what are you waiting for? Invite your friends over and shove em in your assholes. Don't forget the pics

Then why the two input buttons? Orient and activate?

That is all shit you can buy off digikey, FBI doesn't play with toys like that

The USB is clearly connected to the power. The barrel connector could be for an external battery. Still think you should plug it in to a PC and see what happens.

FBI has stuff that breaks the laws of physics?

It lets you know when the old person you are supposed to be watching tries to go on an adventure

has an ARM processor and a couple gyros.

Again, what are the buttons for and why would it have a power switch. Old codger could just turn it off or silence it.

Nothing happened, no lights on it either to indicate whether anything is happening
Wouldn't make sense, was in an aerospace factory

Its a 3D camera

>Wouldn't make sense, was in an aerospace factory

Okay, now it's starting to sound more like what said.
>sensitive freight tags.

Ok, I guess I shouldn't have said aerospace, it could literally be from any electromechanical department

RTFM.

usually they don't have an 'off' function, being reset when the data is downloaded and they stay off until activated.

Just plug it into a USB port on a pc and see if it loads a USB Comms driver. If it does then you won't anything else without the right app.

rasp pi/linux and then lsusb

Man, I've tried looking this thing up almost this whole thread and I can't find it

Post more op

Anything fragile or requires special handling. Used in many industries.

Obviously not a consumer product. Looks made in China but not garbage quality China, just IPC class 2 typical shit. There are some applications in the lumber industry that use sensors like that too.

Well it does look like it's meant to be worn. The arm processor and 3 axis gyros say it's capturing motion data. I don't see anything on the circuit that looks TX or RX capable, but I'm no expert in that area either. It looks like it could take power through multiple connections and a USB port seems to indicate that logged motion data could be exported, OR code ID could be programmed.

But I can't see where two input buttons would fit in with any applications suggested by a motion tracker and an ID badge/access control device wouldn't have a power switch.

I admit it, I'm stumped.

The circuit board was made in either Taiwan or Utah Compeq is a custom PCB maker

looks like GPS trackers for anti-theft protection

aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Outdoor-Safety-GPS-Locator-Wristband-Watch-SOS-Personal-Anti-lost-GSM-Realtime-Tracker-with-Lanyard/32800367770.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.69.Elfy2e

Pipo cellphone cube gps?

Yea, this has some specific application that you could Google your nubs bloody trying to find but it is likely built for a certain industrial purpose that OP will never make use of.

maybe chicken dinner

If this is true I really just found $600?

Cheap ass GearBest or dx.com fitness tracker

could be

It's not that...I can tell you for a fact there are 3 axii of force monitoring

GPS tracker wouldn't need that

Enjoy your weatherproof light switch op