People at my theater started clapping at the ending, sometimes I'm so fucking ashamed of being American

People at my theater started clapping at the ending, sometimes I'm so fucking ashamed of being American.

It's not that Americans are children, but rather that they're free to express themselves just as our ancestors did. The Greeks would approve of our theatrical traditions as would Shakespeare. He would be downright confused if you just sat through a play without clapping immediately after a particularly good performance or by not throwing things to express your displeasure with a bad one. While sales can help express an audience's enjoyment, there's nothing like getting the audience involved. What is art without the reactions of an audience--a store of value, a jewel to be paraded about, an investment, a form of money laundering? It seems that your people have forgotten the true meaning of the theatre experience while Americans proudly celebrate this ancient art in it's most vibrant and original form. It's as if you been deluded to think that quietly sitting through a theatrical performance is somehow authentic, when it's actually the plebeian reformers who've put this yoke on your people just as they've done to classical music performances. As a fellow theatrical enthusiast, I hope that some day you get to experience theatre as it's meant to be played.

Difference is at a play the actors and director are there to hear you clap. Clapping at a recording is stupid

I'M DA JOEKA BAYBEE

>the clap meme isn't a meme

My parents taught me to clap after a movie is finished. My mom always clapped after a good joke but my dad says it's best to save it until the end. Why is this a bad thing? You clap at a play, or a show, or a street performer.

Sausage Party got booed in my theater. Guess my city is patrician.

Hahaha thanks op. Aussie reporting in btw.

HONKA HONKA

i hope this is a meme

if you have trolled me well done, but the difference is the play/street performance/show, when you clap, the performers can hear you

there is no point clapping something that isnt there to register the applause

In that case I'd be ashamed being a human

You can thank 20 years of wigger pop culture OP.

I thought Americans clapped? When I went to America to visit my cousins we went and saw Batman Vs Superman. I clapped at the end because I thought that's what Americans did and nobody joined in?

>Movie finished where there aren't even any live performers.
>I clapped anyway.

LOCK ME UP

Well you must be European, because in America we are taught appreciation. Like holding a toast to a marine at the applebees, or paying for a postmans food at the wafflehouse.

HIAM DA JOKA BAYBEE

This movie was fucking entertaining and fun! I am going to see it a second time.

No idea why people like you don't like it

JOKA BAYBEE

Seriously, do Americans really clap at the cinema? Does actually happen often or just when a fanboy comic book movies? I thought it was meme 2bh

WHATS THE BIG FUCKING DEAL??? So what if we clap after a movie, it's just respectful, Jesus fucking Christ you Europeans are shit

Russkies clapping too.
It's their invention actually.

Do you clap at sunsets?

God demands respect.

I know this is bait but who are you applauding? The people who made the film aren't there.

Maybe they were happy it was over and they could leave?

But kinomechanic is.

well.fucking.put

give this man a beer