Anyone still listening to Synthwave in 2017?

Anyone still listening to Synthwave in 2017?
Who is the best artist of the genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

qxtsnightclub.com/human-music/
youtube.com/watch?v=mxzCde1AfUw
youtube.com/watch?v=4l4BdcFcmUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5mqe10W0VVY)
youtube.com/watch?v=JLzYAteddO0)
youtube.com/watch?v=rGHeclHZOXM)
soundcloud.com/therevengermusic/the-revenger-escape
jamendo.com/album/150636/transmissions
youtube.com/watch?v=6XrnLzroHN8
danajeanphoenix.bandcamp.com
nightclubband.com/album/requiem-for-romance
deadastronauts.bandcamp.com
themidnight.bandcamp.com/album/endless-summer
fm84.bandcamp.com/album/atlas
kosmischerlaufer.bandcamp.com/music
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Com Truise is my favorite. New album this year too

best album

>Anyone still listening to Synthwave in 2017?
yea, giant fucking losers

Have Mommy and Daddy given you permission to post of Sup Forums?

Palm Highway Chase is good

Just went to a Synthwave(and other electronic shit) focused mini-festival. A lot of cool guys played there.
Magic Sword is absolutely great. If you haven't heard of them check out Volume 1 and Legend EP. Specifically I'd recommend "In the Face of Evil" and "Legend of the Keeper" off of each album respectively.
Betamaxx was a lot of fun, but I have yet to buy any of their stuff.
The Rain Within wasn't super fantastic live, but I still like that guy's stuff a decent amount. Both EPs are solid.
I love Dance with the Dead and own all their shit, but their live performance made me assmad for various reasons.
Night Club was fucking great. I'm definitely going to buy their shit.
Street Fever was probably my favorite act, though I wouldn't exactly call him a Synthwave artist.
Arcade High was super great. Love their shit. Check them out definitely.

I honestly can't say who the best Synthwave artist is, but Magic Sword is one of my top 3.

>Just went to a Synthwave(and other electronic shit) focused mini-festival

Where was it?

qxtsnightclub.com/human-music/

>Anyone still listening to Synthwave in 2017?
Yes.
>Who is the best artist of the genre?
The Midnight.

The Midnight is great, but they have a few mediocre/shit tracks on Endless Summer
cough cough fucking lonely city

that's not synthwave

I am

Controntational is prety gud
youtube.com/watch?v=mxzCde1AfUw

literally kill yourself

I still don't know what synthwave is, but probaly steve moore. The dude was doing it like 10 years before it good big.

youtube.com/watch?v=4l4BdcFcmUQ

>this year

more like this week

Synthwave (to me at least, people I've talked to lately seem to have wildly different ideas on what it actually is) is really electronic music with a strong 80's influenced sound. Whether that sound is influenced by lighthearted 80's synthpop (youtube.com/watch?v=5mqe10W0VVY) or maybe darker action/horror movie synths (youtube.com/watch?v=JLzYAteddO0) really doesn't matter too much. As long as it has that distinct 80s sound incorporated in it.
A decent amount of synthwave artists have removed themselves from the stronger 80s influence and kind of just go off the sounds to make their own stuff (youtube.com/watch?v=rGHeclHZOXM) but that influence is still recognizable.
I've checked out Steve Moore and yeah I'd definitely classify 99% of what I've listened to as synthwave. Guess I'll have to keep him and the movies he's composed for in mind from now on.

Yesterday, I was listening to pic related for the first time. It's pretty good, like Perturbator, but more cinematic.

synthwave is some of the worst shit ever

Non Paradisi is great, but man GosT fans can apparently get autistically hyped up to the point where its charming

wasn't it coopted by alt righters?

they tried to make fashwave which was some low effort fad. they've coopted it as much as the commies have with laborwave.

less good than Perturbator, too modern-sounding, very uneven

more like a couple days ago it leaked

Really? I fucking love Lonely City. Sleeper hit of the album imo. Nighthawks is the weakest track for me. Days of Thunder is probably their best release, though.

>Synthwave
yeesh. terrible visual aesthetic, terrible kitsch sound, basically sounds like a parody of 80's music. how can anyone like this?

>yeesh
uhhhhh... uhm, tumblr, much?
ugh
just...
ugh

haha nice

soundcloud.com/therevengermusic/the-revenger-escape

Hate that vocal part of Lonely City with a passion. I don't mind simple repeating vocals, but it feels like the high-pitched screeching vocals really doesn't mix well with me at all. I feel the same way kind of about Endless Summer, but I don't mind it too much because it doesn't have the whole bad AH AH AH EH OH bad vocal breakdown that Lonely City does. Sounds like its straight from a bad EDM track and doesn't fit in with rest of the album. I probably wouldn't mind Nighthawks if they didn't fuck with the vocalist's voice, but it definitely is the second weakest track on that album for me.
Days of Thunder is absolutely great yeah. Shit was on repeat for awhile for me, had Kick Drums and Red Wine as my alarm music too.

I've always been a fan of Lazerhawk. His new album is a little lacking, though.

This it's all cringy alt right neckbeard shit now. As a genre it really was only decent pre-drive

>Synthwave
>Alt-right

Nigga you're retarded even for Sup Forums

>BABY WANTS CRINGIES
>MOMMY GIVE CRINGY MILK

Pertub's last album is a masterpiece, other than that I'm pretty much out of the loop.

Synthwave is still pretty sweet. As cliche and cheesy as it sounds I still listen to it when I'm driving around the empty highways late at night.

Found this band some time ago but I couldn't find anything quite like it in years, anyone knows any artists with a similar style?
jamendo.com/album/150636/transmissions

What do you mean by that?

I'm listening to Non Paradisi again, it's really great. Just as good as Perturbator (although it's not as abrasive).

>Leaked
Damn really? Dare I even ask for a link?

>just as good as perturbator
obviously wrong

Nigger what? GosT's gimmick is precisely that he puts too much distortion on his basses to the point where it ends up sounding almost like dubstep (which is incidentally part of what makes him not as good as perturbator)

>ywn go to a synthwave festival in your short sleeved white suit, Hawaiian print undershirt and yellow tinted sunglasses and snort lines of coke while on the hunt for a murderous druglord

A friend showed me Scandroid and it was pretty neat. Liked the cover for Tears for Fears' Shout.

rec me synthwave with vocals that DON'T sound like drowsy-ass RnB stoner ballad nasal snoozefest bullshit

Droid Bishop underrated as fuck

Anyone else like this EP (Walsh - Smoke Weed About It)? It might not be properly classified as synthwave, but it has a similar aesthetic. Antwon rapped over the last track.

>What do you mean by that?
I saw him live and legit more than a few people who were acting completely normal before started head banging and dancing so hard I thought they were going to fucking dislocate something. It was so odd that I loved it. Especially during Reign in Hell off Behemoth holy FUCK.

yo OP youtube.com/watch?v=6XrnLzroHN8

also
legit name

I like Dana Jean Phoenix
danajeanphoenix.bandcamp.com
Night Club is fun
nightclubband.com/album/requiem-for-romance
You might know about Dead Astronauts, I like a lot of their vocal work
deadastronauts.bandcamp.com
The Midnight tends to have good vocals usually, but they might lean on the too drowsy side for you
themidnight.bandcamp.com/album/endless-summer
Gunship (in the OP) isn't bad at all, but I can't give you a solid recommendation because I simply haven't listened to their stuff enough.
FM-84's Atlas has some great fucking vocal work imo
fm84.bandcamp.com/album/atlas

is there anything similar to drive radio that i can use on mobile and densest play the SAME fucking add every half song?

>work midnight shift
>the only time i drive is when its dark out and there are zero cars on the road
>mfw

Your phone, a bluetooth speaker, shuffle. Or your car if you have one that connects to your phone

kosmischerlaufer.bandcamp.com/music

pic related