Kel Valhaal is the name of the logical agency of faith and acephalic becoming in the The Ark Work...

Kel Valhaal is the name of the logical agency of faith and acephalic becoming in the The Ark Work, a gesamtkunstwerk which lives at the threshold between philosophical materialism and religion. It is also the moniker for the electronic project I’ve had going since 2010, though I’ve never done an official release until now. The aim of the project is to activate transcendental catharsis using the elements of sound design, and to gnaw on formal and cultural deadlocks between electronic music, rock, rap and classical music. Ultimately these are means of activating a creative-emotive state of divine intuition that is attuned to the object of ultimate concern: what the mystics call the “gift of tears”.
“If Liturgy is a vehicle for grand rock albums, Kel Valhaal is more low key, more of an ongoing flicker;; less finely wrought, with more frequent and shorter releases, more variation, less consistency, more experimentation.
“This music should be approached as one of three wings of a rotating vortex of music, thought and drama called The Perichoresis. Taking up the legacy of American Transcendentalism and German Romanticism with all its contradictory attraction and repulsion to/from underground music culture, the project has a horizon that is ethical, political, and eschatological. Kel Valhaal in part functions to ground Transcendental Qabala (a system of thought) as is also in part the manifestation of Aesthethics (an art practice). These three wings of the Perichoresis propel the ongoing drama of The Ark Work, which is a messianic intervention into global destiny.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lhK1we1PDiU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._L._Hunt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That really activates my transcendental catharsis

Holy shit, HHH's pretentious bullshit has put me off of Liturgy more than anything else (that and his shitty vocals and annoying ass guitars)

Yeah it's hard for the uneducated to grasp philosophy.

this isn't philosophy, this is pure vapid and empty new age shit

btw filtered

thanks hunter, i now understand this masterpiece even more and am so fucking smarter for it

>my soundcloud beats aren't getting enough attention on their own merit
>better write a manifesto about how transcendental they are

it sounds like midi southern rap vomit hunter.

HHH is a genius guys. Don't let these posers fool you.

it's good, but it's not transcendental 12/10 shit, i can understand the philosophical nature though

why do people hate hunter again? even if you don't like the philosophical/prophetic shit, the music is jaw-dropping
youtube.com/watch?v=lhK1we1PDiU

>it goes fast and then it goes slow and ten fast again
>jaw-dropping

yeh no

>>it goes fast and then it goes slow and ten fast again
>le oversimplification meme
if that's all you could take from that song then maybe you shouldn't have ventured outside of your trap-rap playpen

Isn't this guy HHH's grandfather? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._L._Hunt

No wonder his music sounds like it was made from a rich kid who never had to work a single day in his life

>JFK conspiracy allegations

holy shit..

all fucking loser kids in the indie scene come from wealthy rich white families

i think his music is awesome but i a struggle to wrap my head around the philosophical/ spiritual aspect of his music. i feel theres some sense of irony within it but also its obvious he spends a lot of time thinking about that shit so its not a complete joke. either way it provides a traditionalist ideological framework into a popular culture realm wherein probably no one who listens to can fully relate. that tension is super interesting and the response toward his work and ideologies is fascinating as well.

providing a philosophical/ religious framework to a popular music framework tied to a globalized, post internet, late capitalist rubric is insane. it is impossible for me to relate to notions of traditional religion and i think almost all young people are in the same boat especially those listening to experimental popular musics.

his use of academic, ancient religious, and almost fantasy literary language speaks to a relationship between words and art. it reminds me of white "ethnomusicologists" using academic language to describe religious/ spiritual / ritual musics. it points to something culturally about thought, language, music and how cultural and ideological frameworks inform all three and all three inform eachother.

>completely made up bullshit centered around the most autistic genre of music
>philosophy

I hope this is b8

man, you really fall for the shittiest attempts at philosophy, don't you

sup hunter

the philosophical framework is not in his words but about words. by limiting philosophical thought to a world of linguistics it inherently falls into a framework of thinking governed by a ruleset defined by the rules of language (which are arbitrary--- for example read about languages that have no abstract pronouns and how it governs fundemental understandings of existence to have a different language system.) hhh's writing is a lot of hot air and thats entirely the point--- to resolve philosophical, spiritual tensions one must break from the ties of linguistics. he uses ridiculous texts, combined with over the top but historically culturally spiritual or transcendent music forms within a capitalist mold of popular music systems.

ie-- hunters philosophy is not in his words but within thought that occurs through the mixture of that type of writing and that type of music packaged within a capitalist post-structural framework of popular music.

*tips fedora*

tl;dr

listen to better music fag