Why do people have a hate boner for this film

why do people have a hate boner for this film

Some people hate it because they are predisposed to hate everything Nolan because the think it makes them seem more sophisticated and patrician.

Others hate it because of MUH LOVE TRANSCENDS SPACE AND TIME, which is a stupid reason because the science behind the film is very well explained, and certain studies in the field of quantum physics / quantum mechanical entanglement suggest that something of the like is certainly possible. Either way, you could easily just dismiss it as something Brand's stupid character would say because she was at a loss for words in the moment.

because of memes

I disliked interstellar but not for those reasons, I just thought it was too long and overall really boring. it is my least favourite nolan movie, and nolan is one of my favourite directors

>certain studies in the field of quantum physics / quantum mechanical entanglement suggest that something of the like is certainly possible.
kek
get out esoteric faggot

>love trascends time and space

No thank you. Keep your bullshit to yourself Nolan. You better not fuck it up with Dunkirk.

Morphogenetic field confirmed

>Nolan
>overblown shit
>Matthewe "Tryhard" McCauaneaughey
>Caine
>Hathaway
>Damon
>stupid robot
>dumb expositions
>DUDE SYMBOLISM LMAE
>preposterous
>dull characters
>tryhard technobabble
>poor man's 2001
>Nolan

How's that arts degree treating you?

Because it's amazing and Sup Forums hates amazing films

>symbolism
this is how I know you love BvS and will never achieve anything in life

>certain studies in the field of quantum physics / quantum mechanical entanglement suggest that something of the like is certainly possible

ITT: Nolan gayboys:

I finished law school, senpai.

Never seen that flick, and never will, cocksucker.

>stupid robot

Interstellar was a fucking boring, empty, hollow shell of a movie.

Nolan has only made ONE good movie in his entire career, which is Insomnia. Deal with it, you insufferable little shits. Gaykirk will be an epic abomination.

literally the greatest robot in cinematic history

Interstellar would be GOAT if it cut out 30 minutes of the bullshit on Earth. The exposition is too long and weak to explain why we need to fuck off Earth entirely. The actual space segments are amazing, though. The movie begs for a fan cut.

And I didn't get told it would be alright alright alright, which is honestly should be contractually requirement for any McConaughey movie.

Apart from that one line, accurate. I don't think they ever pretend what Brand said was anything but stupid, and low and behold she gets to her bfs planet and he's dead.

The characters were shit, and the ending cringey, but at least we got some nice scientific data out of the whole thing. Based Kip.

I dislike it because Nolan writes terrible dialogue/characters and the plot is resolved through blatant deus ex machina.

LOVE TARS LOVE

because its obvious that Nolan just wanted to make his version of 2001 A Space Odyssey also the film isn't very well written.

>famous scientist has a evil plan to kill his rescuers and steal the ship
at this point the movie dropped into solid 5/10

Just like your moms asshole

I didn't hate it but didn't like it either. There were so many bad moments. It feels like a plot that isn't meant for a movie, and needs several seasons of television to develop properly.

>implying 2001 was well written

2001 doesn't rely on dialogue anywhere near as much as Interstellar. And the concepts in 2001 are certainly more interesting, at the very least.

>a biochemical process in the brain that is used for reproductive purposes and child rearing is somehow the secret to astrophysics in the universe

hoo boy your a special kind of autist aren't (you)?

>Implying that my posted implied 2001 was well written

>2001 is an inferior narritive and Kubrick never should have been anything more than a DoP

I agree.

>implying my implication imploded

>excuse me while I dismiss something early in the film which will inevitably become important later on

It was so transparent that they were going to create the anomalies.

Because, while pretty ambitious, the writing is some of the worst I've seen in a Nolan movie. I'm not talking about the "love" sections either. Its more the fact that he pulled the same thing in inception by adding a character whose sole purpose is to explain stuff (JGL in inception, the robot in this one). There are multiple scenes that would be better (like the bookshelf one) if that robot would just shut up for once.

Doesn't help that the idea of 'deep' for Nolan is reciting babby's first poem so people think he's a real smart guy.

That's bullshit yes, but it is possible that consciousness arises from QM effects in the brain.

There is like none sci-fi movies? Any ok would be welcomed.

>More dialogue = better story
This is not ever necessarily true, and Interstellar is a great example of that fact.

>2001
>a story

>Movie is fine for the most part and pretty grounded.
>"Love transcends time and space"
>Whatever, pretty dumb but maybe she's supposed to come off as a dumb retard
>All of a sudden Matt Damon
>Epic TWIST where he decides to try and kill everyone because you can't have a hollywood film without autistic retard action that is completely out of place
>"SO WHAT IF A COMPUTER ESTIMATES I HAVE A ONE IN A BILLION CHANCE TO DOCK? I'M GONNA DO IT ANYWAY"
>It fucking works
>Fall into a black hole
>Survive and make it back home

Into the fucking trash.

>long self indulgent shit
>shitty characters with boring motivations
>love transcends time garbage
>scientists explaining science to scientists for the audiences sake
>in the end, it doesn't even matterrrrr ending.

Actually I found it tedious and corny for most of the runtime. Bogged down by creative decisions that deflated what would've been tense or dramatic moments.

laughed at the "starving" americans

I liked it
it was pretty good and the visuals are pretty awesome

Damn tars was the best part of the movie

>everyone hating on MUH LOVE SPACE AND TIME
>the movie literally never proves that at any point other than in the tesseract
>which is easily explained by the co-ordinates in the paradoxal time loop set to transmit messages to Murph was simply set by the aliens, because it was

Holy fuck you guys are all fucking retarded as shit

I think the plot was a vehicle for the visuals. The innocence and brilliance of youthful perception. A love letter to our world and what is in it

It contradicts itself. The film contradicts itself. In the first 22 minutes they lay down many plot holes.

Its drawn out and predictable.

>Middle of the black hole happens to be the solution to everyones problems
>Also, it sends Cooper back to earth alive and well
wew lad. Laziest conclusion Nolan has ever shit out

I was thinking more in lines of Caine's acting falling apart in the hospital bed, or Matt Damon delivering a bizarre non-sequitor rant about children while Cooper is choking to death.

>we literally have no idea what happens inside a black hole
>they have just determined information may actually be preserved in a black hole instead of destroyed and lost, one of the most basic things about a blackhole may have just been turned on it's head

My man the dude entered a physical dimension higher than ours, and as a result got to do some hanky shit with gravity.

There are many things about science we don't know about. Such things could very well be possible ,but obviously not exactly how they are depicted in the movie. Entangled particles even existing as a thing is the most scifi shit we have in existence.

Oh and we also know how to make Anti-Matter in a science lab, and frequently do for testing.

Show your fat titties Ceph

See that is a valid complaint I'm okay with.

Probably because it's Nolan

even normies forgot about this film, but I thought MMco's performance was top tier+, him breaking down as he leaves the farm really got to me and I didn't even feel for his shitty kids one iota.

All the pseudoscience was visually interesting horseshit, all the actual science was changed to a certain degree to make it also visually interesting horseshit. Anne Hathaway and Michael Caine subplot was throwaway, it felt like they recorded her lines in different rooms than the other actors. Matt Damon was a great surprise to throw in midway through the movie, and his actions were quite believable. Old murph >>young murph, solid 7.5/10 flick

My pleb friends love this movie.

I call it pleb filter, the movie.

its shit if you cant see why and need to ask youre a fucking pleb

nolan is a cliche exposition faggot with no originality or spice

a pleb filter is a film that plebs dont watch or like and are therefore filtered. they are plebs for liking ot but youre using the term improperly

agreed

Biochemist here, please speak to your pastor about these troubling ideas you've been espousing on a himalayan rug-thatching message board

>We don't know what's in the center of a black hole
>Therefore it's ok for Nolan to turn it into a deus ex machina that solves everyones problems.

>deus ex machina
>the entire beginning of the movie is setting up the fact that humanity in the far future had to save itself in the past and it's only way of doing that is nigger rigging physics

Do you believe Terminator is a deus ex machina or something? Paradox loops are a common scifi trope man

>calling the blackhole a deus ex machina
>not calling the worm hole a deus ex machina

The whole movie was a deus ex machina. The entire point of the movie was someone was saving humanity.

Terminator has strong and well presented underlying themes, it's not about the retarded paradoxical time shit. The underlying themes of Interstellar are hamfisted and dumb as shit.

I don't know it was very clear from the start of the movie that someone is trying to save humanity. They spell that out for you even before they go into the wormhole. They literally explain that shit for you as if you are a retarded monkey, so I don't see how you missed this.

If nothing else, the entire movies premise is that the laws of physics are inconvenient and will always limit us in same way. Its probably why the far future aliens couldn't just save us themselves - they just couldn't.

what are you gonna do if he does, huh? what are you really gonna do fagboy?

The docking scene was tense as fuck tho

scientifically inaccurate, therefore shit

bravo nolan

It's just contrarion hipster douchebags who hate it.

It's Sup Forums, what do you expect?

It will be seen as a masterpiece in the future and I will be laughing at all the ppl who were objectively wrong.

It fucking sucked.
Literally the only thing interesting was the visuals.
I hated the character, every last one of them. Every time I try to work out who I hated the most I realize I hated someone else even more. Round and round like some kind of perpetual motion machine powered by pure hate.

The same thing I do every other weekend. Squirt a load of cum into your mom's apelike face and listen to her complain about her autistic son.

See you on Saturday. :^)

jokes on you fagboy, my moms a virgin

I had fun watching it, but I never intended to take it seriously

>hate boner
Hola reddito

I never understood how people could be so retarded about the love shit. It was the girl (don't remember her name) who explained what we are willing to go through for eachother. And if they are willing to do all this for their loved ones, anything is possible. In the end, it was Murphs love and memories from her father that made her see the gravity patterns. Not som physical form of love.

Hate the movie all you want. But the hating on the love part is a real pleb filter.

>implying Sup Forums isn't figuratively reddit the board

What does
>MUH LOVE TRANSCENDS SPACE AND TIME
have to do with
>because the science behind the film is very well explained
???????

TARS and CASE were cool.

"Yeah, it'll come in handy when I blow you out the airlock"

Pretended to be a space movie, yet only 1/16th of the film was based in space

first 20 minutes
>child says there's a ghost in his room
>ghost sends message
who else knew in these first minutes that the ghost was actually McConaughey from the future/another dimension

Only thing i enjoyed about the movie is the water planet and the black hole.

wow you're very intelligent. can't believe we have someone as insightful as you posting here. ever think but studying physics instead of sitting around in your moms basement on a sunny day while your parents cry about where they went wrong with you?

you mad bro??

it sold itself as an "intelligent" movie then threw out all logic and reason at the end

This

I thought the story was borderline vomit inducing and the love story aspect made me hate it but by god it's a beautiful film
absolutely gorgeous

this

Wouldn't a planet that close to a black hole have to be moving around the speed of light to maintain a stable orbit?

Wouldn't a planet that close to a black hole be torn apart and crushed into sub atomic particles?

Wouldn't any living thing be fried by unbelievable levels of radiation if it got that close to a black hole?