Is there a more reddit scene then this?

Is there a more reddit scene then this?

youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Canada
breitbart.com/london/2016/08/08/uk-man-sentenced-180-hours-unpaid-work-offending-muslims-police-facebook-page/
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/01/14/377201227/controversial-french-comedian-arrested-over-facebook-post-on-paris-attacks
wsj.com/articles/german-police-carry-out-nationwide-crackdown-on-internet-hate-speech-1468429275
youtube.com/watch?v=vVX-PrBRtTY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVIbuIGAu38
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>we used to be
>almost all scientific achievements listed were due to migrants after the second world war, particularly Germans
>we explored the universe oh yeah but you technically speaking we didnt do much we just stole all the blueprints for most the accomplishments because we gave people a choice: work for the US or DIE
>strongest economy after Europe destroyed itself half a dozen times, not even gonna start on the fact that the US has 4 times the amount of citizens the biggest European country has, kinda logical for it to have the strongest economy
Pretty sure there are more reddit like scenes, though.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

>hurr durr the US isn't number 1 in every single category therefore it's not the greatest

No country is you fucktard. If the USA isn't the greatest, than which one is?

Which Jew wrote this shit anyways?

>t. Bitter Nazi sympathizer
Sorry, Hans, you lost the war. Both times. Take it easy, buddy.

>stating facts is being a Nazi sympathizer
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

I think what confirmed it's reddit-worthness is when people share it all over facebook saying it really makes you think.

I love this show.

>I'm a butthurt yuropoor

No one is listening, yuropoor. No one at all. Stay mad ;^)

It really is interesting listening to a yuropoor's viewpoint.

Why are Americans so mean?

Aaron Sorkin.

>diversity and opportunity
>freedom... and freedom
ok gg good answers guys, well thought out sentences. good use of the english language.

>declaration of indepence, constitution
hmm no, sorry I won't let you go to the airport unless you answer the way I want you to. where's your freedom now bitch?

If only Donald Trump ran with this instead of blasting his fat mouth off on Twitter he'd be ahead in the polls. Fucking Hillary plant.

>Almost september
>Still very obviously vague and non concrete policies
>Still shit posting in real life every chance he gets

Anyone who doesn't think he's a plant is retarded desu

If you watch that scene without context and without seeing the fallout then you missed the point or you're a rabid conservatard who's just as bad as the radical libcucks.

It's completely true though

I'm not sure which is the greatest, but I'm pretty fucking sure that the US isn't even in the top 10

Honestly, no

I think you've found the most reddit scene in existence OP

Not even exaggerating

hes right until he gets into the
>HURR WE USED TO BE DA BEST BECAUSE MUH GENERATION

nah.

>you are the worst generation ever
>his generation has been in charge and still is and has caused every single one of his complaints

Nope, and everyone ITT saying "he's right though" is guaranteed to be a Reddit regular

I want another film with nolan batman.

You need to go back.

BUT WHEN WE WUZ KIDS WE WON WW2 AND THE COLD WAR AND GOT TO THE MOON AND NEW DEAL AND THE WHOLE THING FIX THE PROBLEMS NOOOOOOOOOOOW

Same here, I love Aaron Sorkin even if I don't agree with many of his political views. The Newsroom is the best show he's created, even better than Sports Night

>All these ungratful Amerifags

Would you honestly rather be born in the boonies of Scotland or Londonstan, or fucking Paris?

Regardless of whether it's Reddit or not this is truly one of the shittiest scenes to ever open a show. I still can't get over that bitch holding the sign in the crowd. I can only wonder how much coke sorkin did in order to convince himself that was good writing

I thought he was on the wagon

>all these assmad americucks

They call it 1rst world problems for a reason. Or maybe you believe China or kek some tiny frozen Scandinavian country is the worlds super power?

Once again a namefag shows why he's a retard.

>implying we've been to the moon

lmao
van allen belts say no

you "went to the moon" because your country was afraid that Russia had the ability to nuke you out of orbit

some of your citizens heard about Sputnik and immediately believed America was doomed to nuclear Armageddon from space

the moon landing scene in interstellar

>You know who has freedom?
>Canada has freedom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Canada

>the UK
breitbart.com/london/2016/08/08/uk-man-sentenced-180-hours-unpaid-work-offending-muslims-police-facebook-page/

>France
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/01/14/377201227/controversial-french-comedian-arrested-over-facebook-post-on-paris-attacks

>Germany
wsj.com/articles/german-police-carry-out-nationwide-crackdown-on-internet-hate-speech-1468429275

So we have: corny dialogue, America bashing, a complete lacking of understanding of the word "freedom", a lack of information in general, snarkiness, autism-paced speaking, irrelevant and erroneous statistics. Yep, definitely the most reddit scene in history.

WOW, STOP SITTING ON YOUR ASS ALL DAY AND JUST GET A JOB, SON.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WALK INTO A STORE, ASK FOR THE MANAGER AND GIVE HIM A FIRM HANDSHAKE.

>moon landing was a hoax fag
>insulting anyone's intelligence

i'll take a pass, thanks.

I've watched this countless times but it still hurts watching.

What precise and concrete policies has Hillary put forth DESU SENPAI FAGGOT-KUN!?
Why is shitposting IRL seen as a negative?

I've only seen it twice

Should I put myself through it again

no

Why would Hillary plant a guy who is constantly bringing up her crimes and saying we should jail her? Don't think he'd be a bit more lenient if he was a plant? Why Would he be drawing massive rallies that fill stadiums, while she can barely fill an elementary school gymnasium?

yes

How is hatespeech part of freedom of speech?

oh yes I forgot
freedom of speech is limited to only things that we like.

That's like asking, "how is bread part of a sandwich?"

It's the supreme Facebook / Reddit
People ooze over it

America can literally never get its crime down because it has 45,000,000 nogs. Higher than the entire population of Scandinavia

Wut? Bread is essential part of sandwich. Taking a shit on it isn't. Also
>food analogies

Promoting hatred is different than stating that you don't like a thing

I really detest when progressives speak in a "sorry to go against the grain of expectation" way as though they are complaining about political correctness, they are literally the biggest cause of it, no one should be sorry to say their opinion.

>Why would Hillary plant a guy who is constantly bringing up her crimes and saying we should jail her?
Are you saying either of those things helped ruin her campaign? Because Trump just sounds like an incompetent cop.

I'm in my own country, fucknuts

Unfortunately my country is one of those countries that are even worse than your shithole

until they decide that stating you don't like a thing is now unacceptable

now its hate speech.

don't ask questions that inspire hate. That is hate speech.

>they are literally the biggest cause of it
Who?

So the US is THE super power?

I know globalization & all, but come on.

Trump's slogan is "Make America Great Again". That implies America is not great anymore.

>Promoting hatred is different than stating that you don't like a thing
why should it be illegal for someone to hate someone else and speak their mind about it? The idea of "promoting hatred" being an prosecutable offense is absolutely ridiculous

Hate is an essential part of freedom.

>food analogies
I'm sorry, I've just never had to answer a question so stupid. It caught me off-guard.

*slow claps*

And being able to say what you want regardless of how "problematic" it may be is an essential part of freedom of speech you ridiculous cunt

well as we know europe is a highly enlightened country to allow such laws.

I remember Liberal parroting this clip to no end 4 years ago

Nowadays they'll tell you either that

a) America was never great and you can't make something great "again" if it never was in the first place

or

b) America still is great and any idea that It needs to be made great "again" is wrong

Freedom of speech includes the right to be hateful AND the right to be hateful against those who are hateful.

Most people, including the so called "red pilled" turds here think Freedom of Speech means:
>I say whatever I want to say and nobody can reply to me negatively

>Are you saying either of those things helped ruin her campaign?
Yes, undoubtedly

> Because Trump just sounds like an incompetent cop.
I guarantee you've never listened to one of his speeches.

greatness is relative and in no way permanent. Some other countries can move up and things can even out, the slogan doesn't blame anyone, it just says action is now needed to make it great once more.

>implying this would actually shock people

The setup of this scene is ridiculous.
>Hmm, how can I construct a scene for my sockpuppet character to spout off his political beliefs? I know I'll make everyone around him a silly cardboard cutout and he's the only enlightened one there, like me :^)

Yeah, but it's not great anymore because people who think like Jeff Daniel's character have taken over and ruined everything.

Sounds like your run-of-the-mill (((Sorkin))) script.

>the slogan doesn't blame anyone

Of course it does. It blames the entire nation. It implies the people have let go. The slogan puts the blame on you, by saying you have been voting for the people who have made the country not so great. Now, you should vote for him and make it great again.

this

what a retarded question for a college student to ask and what a retarded response from the other panelists.

Does The Newsroom hold up The West Wing?

And speaking of WW, there must be some similar scenes from TWW where one of the characters goes on a rant.

Does anyone else hate Aaron Sorkin's tv shows, but like his movies.

I fucking hate The West Wing and The Newsroom, but A Few Good Men, Steve Jobs, The Social Network, and Moneyball are all great.

>"hey i should be able to punch this guy in the face because he's able to punch me too!"

"No". What kinda primitive retard thinks that way?

Do you think any other type of speech needs to be protected? It's specifically controversial & harsh speech that needs to be protected.

youtube.com/watch?v=vVX-PrBRtTY
>this scene is completely serious

>mfw George Washington wrote letters telling settlers to stop expanding American borders
>told whites to stop killing the natives and just leave them alone
>mfw I realise George Washington's vision for America was a loosely aligned federation of states that governed themselves and didn't engage in bullshit European wars or playing the "Great Game"

How heartbroken would be to see that his dream has a become a nightmare? The US is like only 2 notches below the British Empire

Literally no one who is redpilled thinks that otherwise they aren't redpilled. #notrueredpilled
#youaintnoredpillbruv

>>almost all scientific achievements listed were due to migrants after the second world war, particularly Germans

But almost everyone in the US comes from immigrants. Why does that matter? Those people were able to do those things in the US, and for some reason they didn't do them in their home countries. So maybe there's something about the US as a country that allowed them to do those things? Just because a German did something doesn't mean that Germany did it. It still happened in the US, it still benefited the US primarily, and the US still gets credit for it because it's the country where it was done. The original nationality or race of the person is irrelevant to this.

this analogy makes no fucking sense at all.
mainly because you have no point, but also because one is violence and the other is harmless

>inb4 a tumblr novella of getting triggered.

I believe traditionally the word "freedom" meant the right to be ruled by yourself and/or your peers rather than a foreign power or entity which distinguishes it from Liberty which referred to people's rights and autonomy from the government

That's what it meant in Ancient Greece anyway, which is why the Spartans living in a military dictatorship who has a slave population larger than the citizens is technically fighting for freedom when they fought the Persians.

>yuropoor

but I'm #1 HDI

I wouldn't call America "great", but it's "pretty ok". And it's more pretty ok than most other countries.

But that faggot is dead wrong in thinking his generation is blameless when it comes to making America shitty.

He should have seen it coming.

Is he wrong though?

The stupid faggots that got voted into Washington has made this nation less great with every passing day. The people that voted for them are to blame. The people that didn't vote against them are to blame.

It's time for a change. They've proven themselves incompetent.

If you have ever objectively discussed politics or history you would also know that facts are racist and offensive if used to further a right wing extremist agenda.

Feelings must be protected or else what is the point of having anything?

I remember reddit creaming themselves over this scene when it first aired.

Done.

Reddshitters should be shot.

It's funny how democrats have become the "hurrr durrrr america number 1 kill anyone who disagrees... like Russia xD" overtly patriotic party

>"No". What kinda primitive retard thinks that way?
A primitive retard who can read the fucking Constitution you stupid fucking faggot, now get pissed I called you a meanie doodoo head word you stupid cunt.

Because we have a lot of jews controlling our country.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVIbuIGAu38

Anyone can assume responsibility for righting a wrong without previously being assigned the blame. That's okay, i'm sure some people are to blame too.

>Is he wrong though?
Yes. He's using a broad, undefinable slogan as his biggest campaign promise. He got you and everyone else to dress and chant something that at the end of the day won't mean anything.

Sorkin fell off after Moneyball, this much is true.

It's a fucking campaign slogan, not an in depth detailed plan of his intentions holy fuck.

In comparison Hillary's campaign slogan is "I'm with Her". Again, not a detailed in depth plan for a presidency, it's a short little slogan that you can throw onto bumper stickers and shirts and shit so you can advertise your campaign.

I can't believe I had to spell that out to you.

>the other is harmless

Guess why ghettos form? Allowing open racism between groups don't really help minorities to assimilate to culture. How is that "harmless"?

>That's what it meant in Ancient Greece
Are we living in ancient greece, you autistic fucking moron?

This is what an actual free society means in the 21 century.
>Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If you don't have this, then you are not free.

>He got you and everyone else to dress and chant something that at the end of the day won't mean anything
So just like every campaign slogan?

>its not
>but it can be

I dont know anything about this show or the characters or even the context of this one scene, but goddamn I hate that stupid smug cunt

>Guess why ghettos form? Allowing open racism between groups don't really help minorities to assimilate to culture.
No. I won't accept your retarded answer to your own question that is outright false. Ghettos don't form because I say the word nigger. Don't be retarded.

i cant stand aaron sorkin writing

fucking hate it