Sperge here, I need a little nerd Sup Forumsro help

Sperge here, I need a little nerd Sup Forumsro help.
New cheap HP computer. Low end shit with 4 Gb DDR3 ram. Bought it coz its expandable to 12 Gb Ram. Wondering does Ram still have to be paired? I have 4Gb in one of two slots. Can I drop in an 8 in the other slot to take it to 12 or do both slots need to have same size Ram?

Also and More IMPORTANT, how the hell do I get into my bios? I've tried every F key on bootup and backspace and delete. Nothing seems to give me control. Need to change my boot up to boot from DVD so I can dual boot Mint.

Also should I keep Windows 10 or reformat and install 7 and dual boot that with Mint?
I'm not into using Cortana and this box came with a lot of microsoft partner shit preloaded that I will never use. How do I disable spyware and telemetry shit in Win 10? Tried it for a while, not seeing any friggin improvements on the Win 7 I used to use, (Pirate with Daz loader for verification). I don't game or run any major apps, just surf and save pics.

Bring on the advice please, I really have no idea how to get control of this shitty cheap box.

Will self bump a bit with random images if a few people can pop in and advise. Thanks.

inb4 sys32 delete

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_10
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Turn on the computer and immediately press the F10 key repeatedly until a BIOS Setup screen opens.
If nothing happens, press the F1 key repeatedly.

thanks will try that

> I don't game or run any major apps, just surf and save pics
And you need 12GB RAM for what?

Opening folders with thousands of images so i can work with a fuckton of thumbnails

In HP netbooks boot options key is usually the Esc ley (the key on the left side of F1), there arent 6 GB RAM sticks so you have to put 8 gb on the other slot, and in laptops the RAM isnt DDR3 is DDR3L

Thank You. Turned out to be rapid fire on F10

its a desktop.
thanks for the info on the ram

also for having 40-50 tabs open at once

Anybody wanna make a case for me keeping
win 10 for any reason? Does it eat up more resources than win 7? Anybody here know about that art patch or artisan update or whatever the fuck for win 10? Is it any use to anyone? So far I feel like a grumpy oldfag who
wants to use legacy age programs when I use windows at all. For the rest. Open. Fuckin. Source.

98% of the wannacry ransomware affected Windows 7 computers.

My bios is apparently UEFI . Does that give me limitations or advantages I need to be aware of? Also can somebody please bump?

Yeah. Good point. Strong argument in that if its a fact.

Also you don't want to dual boot Linux, you'd be better off running it in a VM.

I've dual booted a bunch of different linux
distros with 7. Why is it not advisable with 10?
Is it a bootloader thing?

So with efficient and win 10 using grub to boot is a bitch you have to add it to some secure page in bios or the first time you boot windows that bootloader will takeover and you can't get to mint

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_10
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7

Use a key like "F2, F10, F11,F12" F10 is usually what HP computers use. Also if you have a 4gb stick in the DIMM 1 slot and you put a 8gb in DIMM 2 or 4 you should be fine. I have a similar configuration in my server but with bigger memory and more sticks

thanks folks. Tits fer yer trubbles

It's small thanks I know but they cant all
have bigguns

I'm in total never territory about virtual machines,
is there a freeware or open source program
in wide use? I once installed one in ubuntu but
operating in my sperge fashion of pushing random buttons to see what does what I never could make sense out of it. I was kinda like a chimp who just picked up an abacus and shook it for a little boogie

Virtual box

Any particular reason you're going with Mint?

Thanks

Because its similar to windows I guess.
Wide variety of ubuntu apps.
Community offers friendly advise in the form of commands I can copy cut and paste, since I have no aptitude to dig deeper under the hood of computer science

I like you OP, You're funny.

>operating in my sperge fashion of pushing random buttons to see what does what I never could make sense out of it. I was kinda like a chimp who just picked up an abacus and shook it for a little boogie
Are you me?

I can help with the VB too.
What do you need to know?
The most dificult part is setting up the HD partitions in my opinion.

Windows 10 likes to overwrite the MBR when it updates, so GRUB (or whatever boot manager you're using) will be overwritten by windows and yo won't be able to get back into your linux installation until you boot from a live ISO and grub-update. Basically, it's a giant pain in the ass.

>Unless you're a gaymer, avoid cucksoft.

Okay, so re filtering whats above down to my options me an Einstein are going over to The Hawkster's house and Stephen will show us how to fuck hookers with our eyebrows under the bust of Sir Issac Newton in his goddamned office at Cambridge, or I can Do half assed surgery with "nomodeset" option in the grub gnu thingamajig.

Nope, both are too complicated for me and my BC bud. Think I may reformat and install Win 7,
update the patch and then dual boot mint on that. I dont need to use windows online anyway.
All internet connected shit I can do in Mint, then I can't get wannacry and forcefucked windoze uprapes and my Mint system will be efficient and up to date and Microsoftee can rot offline and mostly unused except for my scanner.

Does any of that sound logical Sup Forumsros?
Since my paygrade is somewhere below the average I mean. Don't think I wanna learn to run a virtual machine or fix the mint dual boot issue so maybe I will stick with what I think I'm sure I can accomplish. I'm not seeing any benefit other than still suported for windows 10, so fuck it

VB isn't even difficult?
Stop been lazy!

Lol okay. After I sleep I will read more about what a virtual machine does and how. I have Gparted live if I need to create partitions

It should do it itself aslong as you haven't already allocated the entire HD to your cucksoft.

Retard question inbound:
If I VPN over a bridge, can I have 2 different IP's?

Thanks Everybody who pitched in.

Don't close the thread.
I still need a lurker to come answer my question

Okay I will try Virtual Box tomorrow, as its
getting close to 4:00 am here and I haven't slept and their is International hockey is on in two hrs and I'm a hoser so must grab cat nap before puck drop.

This is my thread now!

Sorry I don't know about the bridge VPN ips thing.
Usually a VPN has a lot of alternative ips for you
to break geoblocking specific to your needs.

Funily enough, I alread know what a VPN is.
It would be pretty pointless having one if I didn't.

What I want to know is, if I can use VPN for 1 thing whilst shitposting on the chan without all the headache of logging in and out?

Inb4 cuck pass..... Just NO!

How dis make you feel white boi?

Indifferent....

bamp

Bump!