Sup Forums approved literature?

Sup Forums approved literature?

I don't even like tennis but this one blew my mind.

I really liked that Danish Dynamite book.

any good m8?

Best bio I've ever read. Rare for an athlete to be so insecure of himself

Yeah, basically agassi's father was a nut and then so was agassi. He does not come off as a shining positive example of humanity in this book he's just fucked.

He hated tennis all the way up until he quit from his body giving out but couldn't stop playing.

recently read Graham Hunters book about the spanish national football team and their euro - wc - euro triple, it was superb

best sports book I've read

Jari Litmanen or Sami Hyypiä. The best football books.

Believe it or not, but he is not alone in that regard. Other players feel the same way. I'm pretty sure Vania King's father forced her to play even when she didn't like the sport.

Tennis is hard on the athletes. Tough sport on the body and the constant travel and grind at the lower level is tiresome. I think players might start to hate the sport because of what it saps out of their body.

That being said, I still think it's a fantastic sport. Really fun to play once you get good at it too.

Oh, and the book was good.

>Believe it or not, but he is not alone in that regard. Other players feel the same way. I'm pretty sure Vania King's father forced her to play even when she didn't like the sport.

It happens with a lot of athletes. Carlos Vela, the Mexican soccer player, doesn't even like soccer, his favorite sport is basketball. But his parents made all their kids do it, and he was the best at it so he was like "ok".

You also get the sense that a lot of other top athletes don't really care about their sport either, like David Beckham picked AC Milan to win the Champions League in 2015, when they weren't even in the competition.

Yeah it is pretty common. It's one thing to lose ambition and start to stop caring, but there are definitely athletes that never had the passion and love for their respective sports from the beginning.

The shit with his hairpiece was insane.

The secret footballer books are fun breezy stupid reads, there's nothing wrong with that

Most biographies lose me as a procession of names and dates that don't mean too much to me but Ken Dryden's comes super highly recommended and was very good imo

The Universal Baseball Association, Inc. is my #1 recommendation to anyone who loses themselves in fantasy worlds

also thought Indian Horse by Richard Wagamese was exceptional even though it took me five minutes to google up the name

I Believe In Miracles by Daniel Taylor.

How a literal pub team won the English league and European Cup in the space of four years.

It's a shame that decades of mismanagement has returned them to a bunch of boozers with fans clinging onto a fading past.

F R I D A Y
N I G H T
L I G H T S

Got me semi into American Football too.

>The Universal Baseball Association, Inc. is my #1 recommendation to anyone who loses themselves in fantasy worlds

What's this about?

>texas high school football

Shit is even crazier in real life than it is in the show they've got HS stadiums bigger than PL stadiums

This is a great read, everyone should check it out.

Doesn't provide much new insight desu just standard managerial cliches and players he didn't like

His auto biography was pretty cool, too, in spite of the alleged inconsistencies.

bump

>pub team meme

Oh for fucks sake, he spent more on players than almost any other team back then and kept breaking transfer records, he was a GOAT manager but he was just an infinitely more charismatic Pep that got less EXPOSED

>a gas, yes?

>tfw no life long rival

most athletes have parents or father figures who pushed them into the sport and limited their freedom

my parents said i could do whatever i wanted, and that's why i ended up a neet shitposter

Mike Tyson never raped anybody.

THIS

>a lot of other top athletes don't really care about their sport
kek Marat Safin never even hid the fact that he didn't enjoy tennis. he said his mother pushed him to purse tennis even though he preferred football. he even said he never cared to watch tennis on TV because it put him to sleep lol
Safin was a fucking legend. could have accomplished so much more than he already did if only he gave a fuck

Test