Describe what your favorite band sounds like to somebody who's never heard them before

Describe what your favorite band sounds like to somebody who's never heard them before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9XKLdLet6Pk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

30 cymbals playing at once

Radiohead: the sound of tears and forsaken smiles.

Frantic male/female screaming, machine gun drumming, mathy/jazzy guitar, a lot of noise, overly pretentious lyrics, and some soft parts sporadically thrown in with no rhyme or reason.

pop screamo

Circle Takes The Square?

If you mean screamo by the pleb sense, BMTH. IF you mean it by the actual genre, William Bonney.

it's american music desu

Pink Floyd's even more angst-ridden child. Don't tell the frontman that though - he doesn't like the comparison.

Yes, and you're probably cool as fuck. Not many people listen to them anymore.

Emotional harsh sounds. Beautiful but painful , in a good way. Melodramatic vocals

Occult themes with brooding chiming arpeggios on guitar w/ Tribal drumming.

>cKy
>technical death metalish riffs slowed down with groove
>lyrics touching on everything for horror, insecurity, failure, suicide and other topics.

I mean Dance Gavin Dance.
>implying BMTH is screamo anymore at this point

I need to know what this is. You had me at occult themes, and tribal drumming.

Killing Joke

youtu.be/9XKLdLet6Pk

Can't even remember how I found CTTS, but I found them early and have loved them. One of the few graphic tees I still wear is a shirt of theirs.

>uncertain as the fingering of a chord torn prematurely from a piano's womb!

Every.Single.Time

I wear my CTTS shirt pretty frequently as well, and that's a fantastic song.

It's like listening to Cold Play live, but they are on the other side of a traffic tunnel.

two mad english dudes plug mathematics into audio software and lets it run for 4 hours

this is such a fucking typical radiohead fan response lmaoo

>like being mysteriously lifted into a nostalgic dream like state, only to succumb to the actuality around you, the beauty, the wonder, and of course the math, only to wander back to the comfort of nostalgia

boredoms

Porcupine Tree
Ride
Autechre

a nerd passionately sings about fantasy novels while a rock band tries to play every opera overture at once

this

even tho i am a radiohead fan ; )

Some faggy psdeuo-psych band that's controversial on mu

Screeching distorted grindcore, sometimes made to sound like Jpop

pretty decent samples set against middling-to-good trap beats with a nu-emo kid singing/rapping along with his melanin-enriched counterpart

GY!BE

Melt Banana

Like being rich and famous but constantly feeling guilty and you try to get rid of those guilty thoughts by buying really expensive things and fucking women.