Daily reminder he's 29 and has not even peaked yet

Daily reminder he's 29 and has not even peaked yet

i thought soccer players peak at 27

science says that they peak at 25.

Messi is different m8. Literally the best player in the history of football.

I think he has peaked, he'll start losing speed because he's been playing so much from such a young age (look what happened to Fabregas and Rooney) but he'll still be a god-tier playmaker.

depends on the position
attackers=speed
for defenders 30 is fine
for goalkeepers even 35

He's well past his peak unfortunately

Then what was his peak season then ?

He's past his peak in terms of physical performance. He was a monster some 4 years back where he would incessantly make run after run dribbling past half the team. But he hasnt peaked as a player; in fact the past 2 years have shown his best GOAT performances.

09-12

>I think he has peaked, he'll start losing speed
Donaldo is still faster than a lot of players at 32. Messi can still be on top for 5 years at least

Of course. I'm not saying he's not going to be the best player in the world anymore. It's like Michael Jordan from 1994 to 1998. Still the best, but clearly not as fast as he used to be and not "peak Jordan".

Kek yes he has, he didn't even fucking TRY in the last el clasico, meanwhile running past osasuna's poor excuse for defenders is business as usual - maybe impressive to chicanos, but not me.

Lel, he just had his best CL group stage goal tally ever.

He peaked already.

Nothing will surpass his 91 goals in the whole 2012. The le dribble at everybody messi is gone.

Midfielders can last long as well.

Wingers and Strikers are on a biological clock.

He already peaked. 09-12 Messi is better than any Messi since.

He's a more complete player now, he ain't the mainscorer in his club anymore (and still manages to score just as much as SĂșarez), he's more a passer and a game generator now

>these flags
>these topics
Why do you even bother posting in soccer threads?

1987-????

>ywn see 2008-2012 Ronaldo and Messi again

Casual babby Messi peak opinion:91 goal year (Literally Ronaldo 0.5 this year, absolute tap-in babby against shitty teams)
Most fun Messi Peak: 2011 Messi (Dribble niggas for fun messi)
Patrician Messi Peak: 2015 Messi

2015 Treble winning Messi was the true combination of the best goal scorer, best playmaker and best dribbler all packaged into one desu.

I think he's passed his peak though. I don't think he cares as much OR is just anally devastated by not being able to win with Argentina.

Both Messi and Ronaldo are better now than ever, what the fuck are you people talking about? Do you even watch the games?

Only a retard would think Messi isn't past his peak you stupid little nigger. He couldn't score 91 goals in a year if he wanted to now. Hell he hasn't even scored in an El Clasico in now 5 (I think) matches.

You only measure quality by goals scored? I think you just read the stats on wikipedia but never watch him play

Have you? He can't perform against big teams anymore (no a team that can't beat fucking leicester doesn't count)

What do you mean by "now" and how many big teams has he faced since that?

Just take a gander at the Chile game, little loser let it slip and now you're all running damage control trying to diminish the relevance of the cup made up so he could have an international win, the one which no doubt you'd hold over the euros had he won.

Why doesn't he turn up to big games anymore?

He never did unless iniesta was there to save him

He was literally the best player in that final, counting both teams

>hasn't scored against Real Madrid in 3 years

hes finally out of his puberty phase

>one of the main factors in losing
>best

lol

Hes past his peak, but that doesnt mean he is bad or not world class.
You cant deny hes not on the same level from 2009-2012.

>losing
But it was a draw

Don't ever @me again, you know nothing about football

If it was a draw why did Argentina not get a trophy too?

>received no cup
>cried while chile team taunted him dancing in circles

TOP kek

R A R E

He has definately peaked already. He literally averages half the distance traveled in his games in comparison 4 years ago. Still great yeah, but don't come here telling me that he hasn't peaked yet, that's just being a fanboy.

the fuck are you? you're a country?

But your third world country is even more irrelevant

wew

>when_the_glove_fit.jpg

Kek

His peak as a player was in 2015, his goal statistic peak was the 91 season.

No, peak=/=most goals scored.

>1 balon d'or in 4 years
>1 champions league in 5 years
>0 international trophies ever

>muh system babby

Ronaldo national team trophies:1
Messi national team trophies:0

Not even the best footballer of his generation

Ronaldo played for like 10 minutes in the final, if anything Portugal won without him

RARE AS FUCK

>flag

what the fuck is that, never heard of it

>born too late to explore the earth
>born too early to explore the galaxy
>born just in time to witness the GOAT

jokes aside it actually really helps with the existentialism

>tfw you peaked at 25

>tfw you peaked at 23

>tfw I know pretty much exactly where ascension island and st helena are

are you a demon

I read some freaky ass ghost story about a guy who was marooned on ascension island in the 1600s I think and left a fucked up diary about being tortured by devils and shit

>never get to watch la liga cause poor
>hate la liga fans because fucking obnoxious
>finally watch la liga this year and watching RM , Barca and Atleti every week is awesome

Life is suffering.

>Ronaldo
>better than ever

Do YOU watch games?

He's nowhere near the standard he was from 08-12

The sun never sets on the British Empire

Napoleon shitposting from the grave

I saw that on wikipedia too pham

>the ghost of Napoleon shitposts on Sup Forums
What a time to be alive

It's common knowledge you utter cretin

That he shitposts from the grave?

His peak is long gone. Manlets deteriorate with age, and pizza/sprite nutrition certainly doesn't help. He's peaked, no more CLs and LaLigas for him.

He is past his peak. But what's crazy is even in his post-peak years he's still as good if not better than every other player in history at their peak apart from a very select few.

>Napoleon
>opinion on football

he's becoming iniesta

> 41 and still playing

JUST