Sausage Party's Animators Were Allegedly Treated Like Shit

Wtf? I hate Sausage Party now.

>No matter how you feel about the raunchy animated hit Sausage Party, at least it's nice to see a cartoon theoretically aimed at adults making bank.
>Or, it would be nice, if a bunch of people weren't dicked over making the movie.

>The production cost were kept low because Greg would demand people work overtime for free.
>If you wouldn't work late for free your work would be assigned to someone who would stay late or come in on the weekend. Some artist were even threatened with termination for not staying late to hit a deadline.

>The animation department signed a petition for better treatment and paid overtime. When the letter got to Annapurna they stepped in and saw that artist were payed [sic] and fed when overtime was needed.

>Over 30 animators left during the coarse [sic] of the production due to the stress and expectations. Most of them left before the paid overtime was implemented.
>This was met with animosity and was taken as a personal insult to the owners. _Their names were omitted from the final credits_ despite working for over a year on this film.

dorkly.com/post/80148/sausage-partys-animators-were-treated-like-shit

Other urls found in this thread:

dorkly.com/post/80148/sausage-partys-animators-were-treated-like-shit
variety.com/2016/film/news/sausage-party-animators-unpaid-overtime-1201838425/
youtube.com/watch?v=_dKjLE_uLFg
youtube.com/watch?v=hBGU_VTHEJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

test

i was treated like shit too - in the audience watching this feature length dogshit

lmao Sony can't never catch a break

Good. Serves them right for working on this garbage

>at least it's nice to see a cartoon theoretically aimed at adults making bank

Why would I be glad that a shit movie is making money?

>dorkly.com/post/80148/sausage-partys-animators-were-treated-like-shit
At least link to the Variety article, what the fuck is dorkly.

variety.com/2016/film/news/sausage-party-animators-unpaid-overtime-1201838425/

People assume this will usher in an age of adult animation. Realistically well get a bunch of copy cat movies with """"""adult humor"""""""

>willingly paying to see this
>blaming others
take responsibility you fucking manchild

>Animators who worked on the project only agreed to speak to Variety on the condition of anonymity, fearing that speaking out publicly could limit their professional opportunities. Some described a hostile workplace where staffers were expected to work overtime for no pay. When staffers tried to leave the job early they were told they would not be credited or were threatened with reprisals.

>“People would go in to talk to Greg [Tiernan] or give their notice and there’d be screaming about being blacklisted,” said one animator.

>The animator claimed that Nitrogen had no human resources staff so any complaints about working conditions had to be made to line producer Nicole Stine, who is Tiernan’s wife.

>“There was no one you could go to,” said the animator. “It was uncomfortable.”

>Other animators said they had a pleasant, professional time on the project. They were not unhappy that some staff had been denied credit on the film.

>“Artists were expected to get their work done on time and meet their quotas,” said another staffer.

>For its part, Nitrogen is hitting back at the allegations.

>“These claims are without merit,” said Tiernan. “Our production adhered to all overtime laws and regulations as well as our contractual obligations with our artists."
Any cucks in Canada can confirm your shitty country has no overtime? What's the real story here.

meant for

Waaaaaahhhhh

I graduated the Detroit Academy of Art and I dooodle sausages for a living and I'm furious I'm not treated like a star!

why don't people show us millenials any respect? WAAAHAAHHHHHHH

>I graduated the Detroit Academy of Art

topkek

Wow what a faggot this guy is

>Activists on the issue, like the blogger Lay, have supported U.S. tariffs on foreign-made films equivalent to the tax benefits received overseas. “It would lead to better competition in the industry if they didn’t have the benefit of those subsidies,” Lay said.
So basically he wants the US government to pocket any subsidy money made by shooting in another country. WHAT A FUCKING KEK.

I hope this guy dies in a fucking trainwreck.

Animators, software developers, engineers, and any job where you make somebody elses dream come true is pathetic.

Like most jobs?
>making food
>Selling tvs
>fixing cars

Computer graphics goons are literally a dime a dozen nowadays.

Plus, the koreans will do better work for 1/2 the cost.

American Millenials getting their first taste of reality when mommy and daddy aren't there to coddle them.

>any job where you make somebody elses dreams come true is a fulfilling job I want to have

Fixed your post.

You millenials sure do have amusing mental gymnastics to justify your laziness and lack of work ethics.

This is a truly remarkable post, people don't usually posses such a stunning lack of humility

>you millennials

Stop trying so hard to fit in

How will Sony spin this to create a false culture war and bring in more dumb sheeple to support it?
There's got to be some way to blame white males.

Before you blame the Jews you should look up how the Japanese treat their animators. US ones are spoiled, but got a taste of Nipponese conditions here and are whining.

>Plus, the koreans will do better work

No they really won't.

I don't work because it only helps "the man".

how the hell to fucking kids today even think like this?

This is some nigger level laziness right here

That's any fucking job, mate. If you don't own your own business or if you're not your own boss, you're always working for somebody else's dream.

Der Eewige Nip

>American Millenials getting their first taste of reality when mommy and daddy aren't there to coddle them.

THEY DIDN'T TREAT ME LIKE THE SPECIAL LITTLE SNOWFLAKE MOMMY SAID I WAS!!!!!

Have you EVER made somebody else's dream come true? Probably not.

Try doing something for others for once. It may be more personally fullfilling than fulfilling your own desires...

For some reason, millenials don't get this... they're all entirely self focused.

This.

People who think that they're paid too little should kill themselves.

my ticket was free you retard

>People who think that they're paid too little should kill themselves.

Find me one entitled, snotty kid who doesn't think he's "underpaid"?

Go over to /biz/

tons of delusional kids have no idea what work ethics means.

You LIKE companies outsourcing jobs?

Fuck you!

If you don't want jobs going overseas work for cheaper, faggot.

this isn't news, animators have always been treated like shit, most companies never manage to make get a second job before going bankrup

GReat so Chinks get more of your American money XD

this is why America is Cuck'd ladies and gentleman.

Or you should get off your high horse and work for a proper wage instead of one inflated because you feel like you're entitled.
We've taken back plenty of manufacturing jobs with prisoners who know the value of a dollar and for people in American territories willing to work in sweatshop environments with nearly competitive costs.
You want your job? Do what it takes to attract it.

I bet you voted for Hilary Clinton.

Every animation team is treated like shit. It's a problem in Hollywood along with the rampant pedophilia and drug abuse.

I vote for the Green party, you libcuck.

*cough*KIKE

who the fuck cares? this was by far the least funny and most cringe """""comedy""""" i've ever seen. do shit work, make shit wage

>implying market economy hasn't always been the American dream
Commie piece of shit.

>Allegedly
Who cares?

>someone has masturbated to this
>it was me

> just accept free overtime
What a cuck.

Either you do the work or Mr. Sheklestien will find some desperate minority to take your job.

Welcome to the present year.

I can't wait for the 8 minute DVD version

>theoretically aimed at adults
Heh

The owners were black women, obviously they were trying to do damage to the production due to mysoginistic and racist views

Animators have always been treated like shit.
It's easy to get away with because they are behind closed doors and no one knows how it work.

It's been going on since Disney was born.

>millenial

Why are people blaming the ANIMATORS for the comedy?

It's like saying the costume designers or cameramen are the reason Game of Thrones is shit when it's 110% the writers and directors.

It's a joke you fucking autist. Honestly, how do you even function? Is english at least your second language?

>atheism
>sex
>violence
"Adult humor"

Like a slave, niggers always complain about why they're treated so badly (although I do think that these black "people" deserve to be treated like what they are - shit), but in reality, it is their fault for getting caught in the first place.

Same thing is with these animators, its their fault for having to animate such a shitty movie, but they complain like retards about it. Its a must that animators should be treated like shit. Animators are the lowest form of entertainment.

>aimed at adults
kek. the audience for the movie is children teens.
>implying you wouldn't have LOVED this shit when you were 10
>implying there weren't literal children in the theater because it's R

You're literally a tripfag on Sup Forums. There is no one in the world who's below you.

I have, I fucked a fat girl once.

If you are older than a millenial and still at Sup Forums you have a big problem desu my mexican cholo friend.

I've seen at 70+ year old man here once, forget why he even came here but he was in one of the first /adv/ threads after the new board hype dropped down.

I work between 60 to 80 hours a week doing two jobs, at least 40k each, doing heavy lifting.

Suck it up, half these desk job pussies would fold in the first week of a single one of my jobs.

Fucking destroyed.

Every time

Any body have a link to watch it tho?

Makes sense he needs advice.

youtube.com/watch?v=_dKjLE_uLFg

Ha, he was giving it.

You guys really like going as far as you can out of your own way to be contrarian, don't you?

>at least it's nice to see a cartoon theoretically aimed at adults making bank

>aimed at adults

I really hoped that wasn't the case.

This shit is basically normal in Animation Studios nowadays though.

They are all meat grinders forcing their animators to work 70-80 hours per week with no overtime compensation, and if somebody quits they just get one of the 10 people on the street who would gladly take his job because there's an over-abundance of people who want to get into this field.

WWAAHHH WAAHHH MY PUSSY HURTS!!

WWAHH WHHAAAHH MY PUSSY IS BLEEDING!!!

I CANT STOP THE BLEEEDING!

PUSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

>Glue70
at least you got good taste in music memearino

that's what they get for thinking you can make a living off drawing dick jokes

yeeee boii

I LIKE BIG PUSSY AND I LIKE GOOD TREE

You know you can walk out of a movie anytime you want

>Says the man living in his mother's basement.

Outsourcing these jobs are causing VFX companies to go bankrupt, even if they pump out beautiful work. R&H went bankrupt two weeks before they won a best VFX oscar for Life of Pi.

It's faggots like you that are the reason that VFX houses are going to be fucked in the next 10 years.

Is it supposed to be an epic slam of nationalists that one of them was beaten by a "refugee"?

>at least it's nice to see a cartoon theoretically aimed at adults making bank.

Why?

>When staffers tried to leave the job early they were told they would not be credited or were threatened with reprisals.
>Artists were expected to get their work done on time and meet their quotas

Wow, such a cruelty!!1

Don't worry we take your job cheaper - Pajeet here

I personally avoided the movie after I saw this commercial youtube.com/watch?v=hBGU_VTHEJA and realized Seth Rogan is a cuck who does not deserve my shekels in his pocket.

a dollar goes a lot farther in chink land than in the US

looks like she doesn't have to pay as much for food.
what a fucking pig

She looks like the type of fat girl that when she gets rejected by a guy because she is a fat bitch with no appealing personality traits, she goes online and complains that men are pigs who won't date "real women" like her that have "real curves"

Yeah, how exactly does this support leftists' cause?

>they're as violent as you portray them as

This movie is just bashing ALL THE FUCKING INCEST FREAKS AND PEDOPHILES. GO FUCKING DIE

Go die kike filth

>Allegedly

the creators/directors are jews. of course they were treated like shit. thats (((hollywood)))

Your dad fucks you in the ass

>people think cartoon food having sex is funny

Animators and CG people have always been treated like shit, you must really love the craft to get into that shit

Animators are such crybabies I have no sympathy for them.

>spending months on end with mind rending overtime
>animating a hotdog fucking a bun and watching it over and over again to see if you can improve the Ofaces

Its Hollywood. You're gonna get treat like shit no matter what.

>WHY WONT GRAMPS GET OFF MY INTERNETS THIS IS MY OWN SECRET CLUB