Why do people smoke cigarettes?

Why do people smoke cigarettes?
I can't see any appeal to it. It yellows your fingernails,eyes,teeth, stains carpet and walls and stinks awfully, not to mention the part where you could get COPD, heart disease, stroke, and cancer literally anywhere in your body. I'd say the risks outweigh the benefits but there are no benefits?
I understand drinking and smoking pot and doing hard drugs, the end goal in that is to get drunk/high, right? but cigarettes don't do any of those things. What's the point?
pls explain to this autismo why people smoke, I just can't wrap my head around it.
gif unrelated

I smoke after good fuck, or just to shorten time when bored mate

It's still better than being a faggot.

Is it tho? At least faggots enjoy it.

dunno but I do know for sure that you can pretty safely judge the quality of a person based on smoking status

in descending order
-ex smoker
-current smoker
--tried it but didn't like it (non smoker)
-never smoked
-social smoker

Addiction.

Just wait til one night when you're shitface drunk and someone offers one to you. You may accept it, and eventually go down a path of no return.

>autismo
>can't figure out why people smoke

Lol autism means you have trouble picking up social situations... this being one of them and your difficulty comprehending it, I think you may have autism.

I think you may have it too since you don't understand why I put it in the op in the first place...

>Cigarettes don't give you a buzz or high

Lol faggot detected. It's like coffee.

Coffee keeps you awake for a few hours though. and I said high, not buzz. I've smoke cigarettes thrice before, only got a tobacco buzz once which lasted less than a minute.
not to mention coffee is way less harmful...

>Getting addicted from a single zig
Topkek

You'll never "understand why people smoke" being this dense. You just want to seem better than other people.

>projecting this hard
Having trouble quitting eh?

One s u c c of a ciggarette and the msn was hooked

Because it makes you look 30% cooler

Because peer pressure turned into a habit, which became an addiction.

Having trouble getting off your ivory tower?

Smokers enjoy smoking

So you smoke cigarettes for the buzz?

>not understanding how addiction works
It usually starts with a metric ton of cigarette cartons.

It relaxes you and speeds up your perception of time a bit.

Great after a meal or while waiting for a bus or something

Just because people from the dregs of society smoke does not mean that everyone who knows better is privileged. Or did you mean high horse?

>knows better
>implying we don't
Straight edge is still edgy

>I'm 12 and I don't understand why people do stuff that I don't do.

Everyone likes something detrimental to them. That's why healthy foods taste like cardboard.

Pick your poison and let it kill you.

My grandmothers and grandfathers smoked. my mother and father smoked. now i smoke. it's my destiny niggers

Sounds like you should learn to cook my dude.

Because a 110 year old man with 90 years of smoking behind him can die in his sleep whilst a 23 year old triathlete can get lung cancer without ever being in the vicinity of even 2nd hand smoke.

Life sucks and you die regardless.

I know how to cook, I was targeting probiotics and other full on healthy diets.

>bread and sugar give you alzheimer's

when you start it seems a good idea or cool , others do it so why not

then you cant stop and ignore the fact if all round fuckin awful

Fucking commoners amirite

why rush into death
the old man who smokes ( try find a 110 year old who smokes , never happened , gave up years before yes but not 110 ) got lucky to live so long and the athlete was unlucky to die so soon

Life may suck and yes you die but its the living in between that counts for everything

Smoking calms you down and takes your mind off things. I work construction and there are so many situations where either someone is being dumb or where nobody can figure out a good way of getting something done where you almost need to have a smoke before you blow your top

When people smoke for x amount of years and develop a disease or cancer and whoops they don't have any money to pay for treatment, that Free™ government healthcare comes in and society has to pay for your mistakes via taxes that I didn't agree to paying
So now I have to pay for niggers, white trash, retards, WATER since I cant even collect rainwater without being fined for breaking 'regulations', and dumbasses who purposely gave themselves cancer
Congratuations on being another scourge on society

>95 years of smoking

>purposefully gave themselves cancer
>implying that every smoker on the planet is from your shitty U S of A

Literally everything americans consume is cancerous. Energy drinks are 10× as cancerous yet you don't condemn monsterbros.

why is social smoker the least quality of the rest?

Because they smoke only to appeal to others. Lvl.1 smoker.
>that's how everyone starts.

As a 10 year smoker I respect non smokers fully.

Monster doesn't affect other people

The rally cars and monster trucks they sponsor do.

>implying people who attend these types of event aren't already obese, cancerous and diseased

Hey man fuck you WRC is nothing like Nascar or monster trucks you faggot it requires actual skill

Rally usually takes place in small town/country back roads.

cuz depression and stress

nicotine has subtle calming effects in moderate doses.
it is the most addictive drug legally available, and is widely distributed.

i quit smoking 4 years ago (vapefag now) still using nic in my vape. i have no intention of quitting my nicotine intake.

> there are no benefits?
outside of the calming effects, no. most of the harm from smoking comes from the effects of burning both tobacco and the chemicals added (or created during combustion) by tobacco companies to preserve the product. more than 4000 chemical products are inhaled by the smoker every time they light up, most of them toxic or carcinogenic.

in many respects, smoking tobacco is the equivalent of snorting cocaine in that the effect is outweighed by extent of harm done to the user.

and like most coke and opiate users most smokers find it hard to quit the habit because the addictive nature of nicotine is hard to overcome, even when social pressure to overcome it is high.

I smoke because I'm chemically addicted to nicotine.
And it makes me look cool

Pretty much this. Applies to every smoker.

Cause knowing that I'm killing myself slowly makes me feel good