Why does Sup Forums seem to hate him the most compared to every other rapper?

Why does Sup Forums seem to hate him the most compared to every other rapper?

He fucking collaborated with Taylor Swift

Because he's more successful and hating on the pop rappers (like Drake for example) isn't as satisfying anymore.

people here are contrarian in nature

personally I listened to Section.80 and loved it right away, but I remember that year Kendrick featured on what seemed like 30 rappers albums and most of them were bad

I got tired of him at that point but people kept overrating him until now
even now his buzz has never waned, i can respect that desu

I wish they actually hate him honestly. I'm tired of him.

It's more that people just like b8ing with him. Most hip hop fans on here can agree he's one of the best to do it this decade.

The people that do hate him though probably heard two songs from TPAB and just assumed it was a WE WUZ KANGZ album so they think he's some BLM mouthpiece when he's really not

It's not Sup Forums, it's Sup Forums invading Sup Forums. There are legit reasons to dislike Kendrick, but it's been a long time since I've seen a Kendrick hate thread that was not obvious race baiting. That includes this one.

You're literally the only one who brought up race in the entire thread.

Why do you hate white people?

His stupid frog voice. I hate how it's become the new thing for rappers to have a gravelly voice. Can't stand it.

He doesn't really have a gravelly voice though, maybe in blacker the berry but not usually in his songs. A lot of his songs lose their impact because of his delivery I think

I like Kendricks music but I dont find myself listening to his music to long after it comes out. It doesn't have any lasting power, at least not for me.

i hate him because hes from a blood neighborhood

Shut the fuck up retard

Naturally, Sup Forums is contrarian. I remember TPAB was universally loved. Then DAMN released and now Kendrick is at #1 on the billboard and is more popular than ever before and now everyone dislikes him and he's a talentless hack (and he also hates white people and wants to genocide them too)

Kendrick is a cool guy and I love his music regardless of what people here have to say about him.

>then he released a much worse album than TPAB with a shitty stan following and now everyone dislikes him and he's a talentless hack
well no fucking shit

This. We've beaten the Drake meme more than John Lennon beat his wife. It's someone else's turn.

That year (2013?) still isn't as bad as last year where he was on pop songs all year. Sia, TSwift, Maroon 5, etc.

Still got love for him but cmon KDot, you don't need this

Selling out as hard as possible and appearing on everyone's music is respected in hip hop. Its a sign of success because they only care about money.

>a mediocre album release makes him awful
Yeah whatever you say man. DAMN wasn't that bad and there's no way in hell he could ive up to the hype of TPAB/UU. It just wasn't possible.

More people are on his dick now more than ever, all for his worst release yet. Nobody anywhere can shut the fuck up about Kendrick Lamar. If this guy is the biggest rapper in the game then that's a pretty strong argument for not listening to modern hip hop.

Literally just
>He's getting flack because he's popular
So thanks for proving my point, I guess?

The law of diminishing returns

Also he's wack and I can't stand his damn voice and the symbolism is overrated in his rap and his lyrics are one word rhymes matching the beat that he doesn't produce and he does the hopsin thing being is completely non-introspective.

stop reminding me i'm trying to e-enjoy his shit

I don't hate him, I just think he's a goofy faggot who's way overrated. Section 80 was alright.

/thread

>his lyrics are one word rhymes
Fucking this, the guy gets way too much credit. Cretins think he's deep because he doesn't talk about guns and killing people. It's pretty sad.

99% of people on this site have trash taste in hip hop. Why do you think you see so many Kanye threads when Sup Forums is supposed to be known for pretentious/obscure music?

Kendrick is one of the best of the last 20 years. GKMC and TPAB were both instant classics. DAMN was also solid but not classic-level. That said, K-dot does have a lot of terrible features (Maroon 5, Taylor Swift, etc.)

>Kendrick is one of the best of the last 20 years.
Millennial detected.

If you don't think Kendrick stands out as one of the best from 2000s/2010s then you're probably too busy jerking off to pictures of Lil Wayne on a skateboard

>If not kendrick then lil wayne
Millennial confirmed.

Name 5 better rappers than Kendrick from the 2000s/2010s. Keep in mind influence and album quality

Hopsin
Lil Dicky
Yelawolf
Machine Gun Kelly
Drake

>Influence means quality
Soon you'll be arguing he's better because he sold more. You should really stop embarrassing yourself.

Eminem
50 Cent
The entire Slaughterhouse
Chance
Big KRIT
Nas and Jay both have dropped better albums in the past 20 years than this goofy faggot kendrick.
The list is pretty much endless.

Influence as in 'has had a positive impact on hip hop'. Pretty simple concept

Very simple concept, also meaningless when talking about quality.

This is bait but Lil Dicky is truly a contender
Best comedic rapper I've listened to and dude can flow

I don't hate him. I just think to pimp a butterfly is better than damn. And that he's far better than Kanye.

>Eminem
Some terrible albums but definitely one of the best best from 2000s/2010s
>50 Cent
Again, some terrible releases but still great overall. I'll give him to you
>Slaughterhouse
Lol. Terrible albums. Royce is the only good member and he's never released a classic solo
>Chance
Hating on Kendrick but likes Chance. Found the faggot
>Big KRIT
Very talented but only has 1 album debatably on GKMC/TPAB so impossible to be better than Kendrick until he puts more out
>Nas and Jay
Both 90s era rap so automatically disqualified

Looks like Kendrick still is one of the best

Yeah because impact/influence is irrelevant when judging an artist. I agree its much less important than the music itself, but it still needs to be considered

>Royce is the only good member
kek, stopped taking you seriously right there.

>Hating on Kendrick
Teenage girl detected. Also, Chance is objectively the better rapper, no matter what your favorite youtuber says little girl.

>More albums means better
Another reminder why I don't take you seriously.

>If your debut is in the 90's your follow up albums are disregarded
You're just trying to fit kendrick in a top list. Sad!

2000s/2010s was terrible for rap music so its not much of an accomplishment

>Yeah because impact/influence is irrelevant when judging an artist.
Not when talking about quality. Influence is another subject entirely. The two have very little to do with each other. If influence matters Master P should be in top 10 lists.

He's alright, but I still think TPAB is a masterpiece
GKMC and DAMN are both overrated a bit

>Slaughterhouse
Every member other than Royce is a cornball or mediocre. Give me a solid solo album from Joell Ortiz

>Chance is objectively the better rapper
Let me guess, you're probably 18-22 years old from a white suburban neighborhood, and you and your bros had some really great bonding seshes while smoking mad bowls to Acid Rap and singing Cocoa Butter Kisses

Chance is the definition of overhyped

>More albums means better
Never said this. But you can't say someone is one of the best rappers of recent memory if they only have 2 albums, only 1 of which is good. Big KRIT needs more material

>You're just trying to fit kendrick in a top list
I'm not. I said that he's one of the best rappers of the last 20 years. This is objectively true. He's not the best of all time, but his work has proved him to be ONE of the best 2000s-now era rappers

You need better taste in hip hop

>Hating on kendrick
>you're probably 18-22 years old
>Hatur!
wew little girl

>Chance is the definition of overhyped
lolwat? Where is Chance hyped by anyone? You might think he's overrated by his fanbase, but overhyped? You have got to be joking. Especially when compared to Kendrick Lamar.

Overrated by fanbase = overhyped
At least how I meant it

And that's the thing about comparing Chance to Kendrick, I don't think Kendrick is really overhyped/overrated when people compare him to other popular rappers out right now (Drake, J Cole, Future). Unlike Chance, Kendrick has the talent to back it up. I mean he released two perfect albums back to back

Love is the best track in DAMN. Agree with people who believe TPAB is one of the best hip hop albums of the decade. As i do share this belief as well.

As for Good Kid MAAD. City. a handful of very good tracks don't a great album make sorry. Awesome but not TPAB level even though some tracks are really dope bangers.

Kendricks got an awesome style his lyrics are awesome. Creative and somewhat surprising. I'd say that at his best he is truly all you heard sung about him

>white

You need to drop either the white guilt or the passive-agressive racism

Gotta love kids these days. Kendrick is literally the most overrated rapper since JayZ.

>he released two perfect albums
kek, his best album is his first one, his albums have been getting worse ever since.

GKMC and TPAB are pretty damn close to perfect. That said, I'm happy to hear your critiques of the album

Even though it doesn't take anything away from Kendrick, which rap albums from the past 15 years or so do you think are better?

contrarianism due to his popularity and white fragility are probably the main reasons

TPAB is absolutely terrible, he puts on a weird fucking voice almost every song.

GKMC was alright, a step down from Section 80, definitely, but it had some alright songs on there at least. I lost interest after TPAB so haven't bothered listening to Damn yet.

Distant Relatives
2014 Forest Hills Drive
Good vs Evil
Recovery
There are too many to name, even Blank Face was better.

he fell for the we wuz kangz meme and stopped caring about making good music knowing that white people will eat it the fuck up

Have you been outside this year yet homie? His music is quickly, if not already, cemented in the basic bitch cannon. Also, his one good album still can't beat two classics. I'd say it edges out Section 80, but that still goes to show how much deeper Kendrick's repertoire is.

He's even more out-of-touch than that possibly-assassinated-commie-ex-experimental-classicist-Brit.

>Having kendricks dick this far down your throat

>pink guy
>Tyler, the creator
>Dylon
>ray William Johnson
>death grips

The only reason he's rated so highly is because everybody else is mumble rapping. He would have gone unnoticed in the 90's. He's the definition of mediocrity.

I would've said the same until TPAB
The scope and ambition of that album is nuts, and I say that as somebody who tends to be contrarian and skeptical of hugely praised artists

>The scope and ambition of that album is nuts