ITT: labels that helped ruin an entire decade of music by pushing for corporatized trends in scenes

ITT: labels that helped ruin an entire decade of music by pushing for corporatized trends in scenes

>I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4aI_G1KT1ns
youtube.com/watch?v=0D6KRb6manA
youtube.com/watch?v=R7mxbpFVzaU
youtube.com/watch?v=MQHheIu8iA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

80's - K records
90's - Sub Pop
00's - Fueled by Ramen
10's - Burger

don't even try to disagree with me, Nirvana apologists

>implying it isn't Pearl Jam's fault for all the shitty post-grunge bands

Pearl Jam is a symptom of a bigger problem. It's like getting mad at The Adventures of Pluto Nash for existing instead of Hollywood

Jews.

>Identifying summer
>yep, it's summer

Capitalism.

Yeah, but it's not Nirvana's fault. I just didn't understand why you included "Nirvana apologists" when you said Sub Pop was at fault.

>using Reddit arrows while being an underage burger records loving Mac demarco faggot who dresses in overalls and smokes cigarettes and weed and calling anyone else summer

Burger had good intentions and I wouldn't say they were pushing for Incorporated trends. It got out of hand though, and Burger sucks ass.

do labels decide what music you listen to for you?

No but they do decide the promotion of bands and attitudes and influence the shape of the scene as well as payoff coverage sites like pitchfork or Amoeba to film media supporting these artists

I never heard the meme with burger, only the backlash. What did they do?

>identifying anger
>yep, it's anger

They singlehandedly ruined Los Angeles' music scene from 2009 - 201??

It peaked in 2014 with the release of salad days

But how?

they put out any shitty LA based band's stuff on tape. Don't know if this has been verified but you can apparently pay them $200 and they'll make a tape for you. Thousands of bands that all sound the same. Just bad derivative poppy garage rock.

>derivative poppy garage rock
i mean, isn't that the charm?

Yeah, it's a nice DIY scene that's produced a few catchy tracks and the occasional good album.

There are a few people that overrate it, but that's likely to happen with every scene. Just because it's LA's scene it gets a lot more attention.

No it's not because there's bands actually making good records that get no recognition at all because burger has swallowed the scene whole

>oh no, no one can make music any more at all because of all this pop/garage rock thats sweeping the airwaves

if you can't write a hook better than some greasy teenage dorks, then fuck you, don't make music you talentless fuck.

Topshelf has also done irreparable harm in the early 10s

that's not what i said. maybe read. I said bands actually making good record get no attention because Ty Segall and his friends get all the coverage. Also guarantee you've never written a song in your life.

capitalism = jews

>no good bands are getting attention, because garage rock is taking the nation by storm.
that must be tough. maybe you could turn your hard earned ressentiment into a song?

Again not what i said you fucking moron. Good garage rock bands aren't getting the coverage the more mediocre bands are.

Hey man just out of curiosity could you name some of these cool garage rock bands that dont get any coverage?

feel free to link to the 'good bands'; but my intuition is that someone's a little sour grapes about not being a signed burger man

great minds

Sick Thoughts - youtube.com/watch?v=4aI_G1KT1ns

Buck Biloxi and the Fucks - youtube.com/watch?v=0D6KRb6manA

Heavy Lids - youtube.com/watch?v=R7mxbpFVzaU

No it's just that I love this music and am sick of these flavor of the month bands getting undeserved praise

Here's another good one youtube.com/watch?v=MQHheIu8iA8

our tastes diverge. these are fine, but i prefer less hard, more pop. i'm not plugged in enough to give recs you're probably unfamiliar with, but i really liked that mike krol from about a year ago. cheers.

But K had KARP and they were cool