What do you think about the confederate statues and monuments being removed from the major southern US cities?

What do you think about the confederate statues and monuments being removed from the major southern US cities?

dont care good riddance the south will never rise again hillbilly

sounds silly and a waste of time and money

So it's irrelevent even though it's part of American history?

We can get rid of union monuments now too right?

It's about time

The union didn't lose. :3

>The traitors that lost are mad they can't erect statues for their loser traitor leaders
Suck it up snowflakes. You lost.

its like the cultural revolution in china. this can only end one way.

Take ‘Em Down Nola and STAND With Dignity, two left-wing BlackLivesMatter-aligned organizations lobbied Landrieu to go further than just the four monuments. Now, they are calling for the removal of more than a dozen monuments and street names, including:

Andrew Jackson monument in the French Quarter
Charles Didier Dreux monument in Mid City
Abram Joseph Ryan monument in Mid City
Albert Pike monument in Mid City
Palmer Park in the Carrollton neighborhood
Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 in Central City
Washington Artillery Park in the French Quarter
D. White monument in the French Quarter
Confederate Memorial Hall in the Central Business District (CBD)
Confederate flag etching on City Hall in the CBD
Robert E. Lee Boulevard
Walker Street
Mouton Street
Lane Street
Bragg Street
Polk Street
Forshey Street
General Ogden Street
Calhoun Street
Palmer Avenue
Taylor Street
Nichols Street
Meyer Avenue
Slidell Street
Beauregard Drive
Lee Street

It doesn't matter who won or lost, what matters is that the monuments are honoring the American men who fought for their home and country. My 3rd great grandfather died in the Battle of Bull Run for the Confederacy in 1861, so now he's irrelevant?

He stopped being an American and became a traitor when he fought to break up the country. A traitor like him deserves nothing more than a shallow unmarked grave.

Well watcha gonna do about it? I tell you what I did. I got together with my boys and walked thw town yelling white power. Random white poeple joined us and we grew in numbers. Put your money wehere your mouth is.

WHITE POWER!

i suggest you learn some history on who the aggressors were in that battle sir

after the statue the history books are next.

Ok no he was an American because the confederacy was called the confederate states of america, ok? And he was not a traitor, he went to war to defend his home against the invaders and because his home state Virginia succeeded from the union

I'm no white supremacist. I just love history, even the ugly parts. You can't just close your eyes and pretend it never happened. Now, if they wanted to put a plaque nearby or something, that I could get behind. They are taking down a monument near my hometown that has stood for over 100 years. Yeah, I think it's wrong.

I feel like it's an attempt to delete history. The statues should remain as a physical reminder of how far we've come. Imagine if we started removing statues of MLK, it's not right.
Censoring history is wrong, both sides of the story need to be told. After the monuments, they will come for the books.

Liberals love censoring history

Fuck them all

I might be some class of authist, I'm sure I am, but I didn't give a shit about Afghanistan until they started demolishing old buddhist monuments. Trend has continued with islamistic iconoclastism whereever they have power (including france et c)...

TL;DR: Imma sjw snowflake and I find you to be at the level of shit tier islamists.

i'm not a nigger so they don't bother me in the slightest, but the fact that rednecks are getting their panties in a bunch over their removal is quite satisfying.

Secession was ruled illegal. No one actually left. His citizenship was also restored, so fuck you.

Dont see any museums being taken down or books being burned

>ITT: butthurt faggots pretend like they arent crying over something

arks the beginning of a new era of enlightenment that will not only allow us to better understand ourselves, but also humanity's ful

This. It's just whitewashing the past, trying to pretend it never happened. Confederate statues are not an endorsement of slavery, and the people who protest for this kind of thing will never be satisfied. Harvard had to get rid of the title "Master" on campus just to placate these SJWs when it had nothing to do with slavery. Next they'll want to outlaw wearing cotton shirts because it's triggering to black people.

No. Victors write history dumb ass

Should have sent him to Africa with his niggers he wanted so much.

I honestly think that's not cool. Although I'm not a southerner nor do I support the confederacy, but those are still historic monuments. They represent a big part of our history. And history shouldn't simply be tampered with like this. It's important that we preserve our history for further generations.

Ignoring the past is not enlightenment.

100 years ago when they made these monuments nobody had a problem with it, it's the SJW bitch nigger faggots like you who spawned from some white apologists' snatch who suddenly care these days. Fuck you and yes the south will rise again

Kek

Statues are in the same vein as museums. They turn entire cities into museums really, if you think about it.
The issue is, museums and books are the next step. Give it 15 years and textbooks will have little to no reference to the economic plight the South saw when faced with the end of slavery. Slavery is wrong, but you can't ignore the fact that their entire economy was based around farming, and in turn slavery.

"left lane must turn left"

Sup Forumsritfag here.

This seems pretty fucking stupid... I mean, taking them down doesn't change the fact it happened.

Why try and erase something that was integral to your country becoming what it is today?

Is it because it offends people? If so thats fucking dumb.

What dose the monument show? A war or battle or something? Also why are they taking it down?

>books being burned
Censorship takes many forms.

The South will never rise again. It didn't rise to begin with. Fuck. If nothing else, leave the monuments as a reminder of their failure.

the Confederacy was right in so many ways. schools will teach you that the confederate states wanted to leave simply so they could keep their slaves, but the truth is the civil war was fought over many different reasons.

Getting rid of these monuments is like the goyim getting rid of the yad vashem and all the holocaust museums because they're uncomfortable with what happened in the past to the jews

hit the nail on the head

Couldn't be happier. Fuckers committed treason by turning on their own country

Yea. Leftists are basically trash in the streets of our once-great cities. Welcome to the conversation

Like most, that particular one is just to honour Confederate soldiers that died.

You are watching history being re-written, is all.

It's how the issue is forgotten, not part of our truth. Fact becomes censored.

Conclusion: winners can lie or tell the truth. But we held on to it for as long as we could.

Now we're all niggers.

Just like that. And slavery never happened.

>fuckers committed treason
How was it any different than the American Revolution? Secession is not treason.

*Confederate traitors

So fucking sick of hearing about how the "north were the aggressors."

The South declared succession after the election of Lincoln, attacked Fort Sumter (A Federal outpost) and Bull Run was an attempt to march on D.C.

South started a war so they could keep their slaves and then lost because they're a bunch of pussies. Deal with it.

An actual trained Military Historian has spoken.

There is a big difference between ignoring the past and removing a monument dedicated to a traitor. People who were more willing to defend the interests of the rich men who owned plantations rather than the core ideals of their great nation.

Think about this. You level a rifle and fire it into a line of your brothers in an effort to protect the KFC guys right to import more niggers.

“Do we take down the Washington monument because he had slaves? Do we tear down the White House? It was built with slaves!” Nungesser said. “No one believes this will help race relations.”

I live in baton rouge, LA. New Orleans is about an hour away and they're removing monuments from there.

I don't understand the mentality here. Why spend the money to remove and store monuments. The monuments have to be replaced with something, and that's going to cost money as well.

These monuments reflect real history. They aren't lauding their likeness for their great deeds, they are instead reflective of the real life battles that took place here and shaped the culture and lives of the people that reside here today.

I don't get it.

Pretty much people getting triggered is the problem. Some stupid idiotic fucks here believe that "Hey, all historic things that I dislike shouldn't exist because they're racist and misogynistic". It's important to preserve all parts of our history, including the bad parts. And censoring that same history won't help us at all.

>loses a war
>expects to keeps mementos to immortalize what could have been

this

Actually very very very fee in the south had slaves, dumb shit. And the ones who did sent their sons to fight the north

The war wasn't fucking fought over slavery, that's propaganda that the bleeding heart bitches in the north tried ti make it seem like. It was about states rights

No one cared then because these back water shitburgs didn't matter. No one saw then so no one cared.

The internet has made it so we can see your continued treason and put a stop to it's display.

it's FEMA

Exactly.
Maybe would should just destroy Germany on that logic... The city I lived in was bombed to fuck by the luftwaffe and I lost two great uncles fighting them.

Germany offends me, I cannot find a safe space while it exists. Triggered.

plz tear down the pyramids cause they represent the enslavement of so manies people

God I hate liberals. Can't wait till the muslims kill you all off

I think you seriously misjudge the average Confederate soldier's perspective on why he was fighting. They didn't know what you know.

A states' right to do what, exactly?

Yet some how life went on without it. And it only took a million dead and a scourge of imported niggers to prove the point.

Thanks for that you inbred fucks.

Well they should keep it. Sure, the confederacy and the civil war weren't the greatest part of our history. But simply removing things like that is just wrong. Those men died not for slavery or simply to keep abusing blacks, but instead died for their homes. And this is how we reward them? By taking down memorials to those men because someone said "Hurr durr hurr durr this is racist and shouldn't be kept. Hurr durr". Fuck the people who think that censoring parts of history like that is a good idea.

To succeed and be their own country? The US did that to England, why couldn't the south do that to the north?

And why is the fight the south fought being discounted from american history like this?

Yeah, you all like to say that. Read the articles of secession, and Jefferson Davis's speech from his inauguration.

They leave no doubt of the primary motivator. Those backwater fucks are no different from the snow flakes in California who want to susceed because Trump won.

Do you know the two major differences between the Confederate Constitution and the original one? Slavery and Succession.

"States Rights" is the centerpiece of a shitload of very horrible apologist history. You can't say "it wasn't about slavery!" when the original declaration of succession was "you elected an abolitionist, so bye!"

Left because Abe was an abolitionist, but this isn't about slavery. What the actual fuck is wrong with you people?

Fucking "secession" you turdbag autocorrect.

Fuck california. Let them leave

I hope the cartels take over the state and shoot every fucking piece of shit liberal

Secede*

It's different because of the motivation. In the revolution the only control people had was to rebel.

The confederates were born from losing an election because they were wrong.

They made their cause, the rest of the country didn't care for it, so they tried to leave.

If they won they would have fractured every time a large group lost on an issue. There would have been a confederate civil war in 10 years over incest

We left because we weren't even given a voice in washington, the north elected lincoln and basically said fuck you to the south before we had a chance to represent ourselves.

In that case, succession isn't an unfair alternative

>calls Southerners backwater fucks
>doesn't know how to spell secede

Sorry son try again. I'm no liberal. I'm just a man from a non inbred part of the country, who is forced to see niggers destroying our country day in and day out in the news.

We can hardly blame the niggers, they are animals. But we can blame the people who brought them here, and the people who spilled the blood of their countrymen to bring more niggers here.

At the very least they knew what their political leaders told them. And they made a pretty big deal about slavery in their speeches.

It's fun watching the snowflake cuckservitard redneck crew chimp out

this bothers me the most

it'll never be enough, they won't stop crying until white paint is banned

Obviously the south was in the right because of that user's typo.

>"OMG Germany is such a disease, like everyone there was a nazi and gases Jews, the country still being around is a sign of racism. So let's take it down, so racism dosent spread.

censorship wont change what happened.

It triggers endless alt-right online crying which means endless trolling opportunities for me
Pure gold I rate it 10/10

Can you show an example of a country that allows statues to be made of their traitors?

Hey, the Declaration of Secession for South Carolina clearly uses the term "slaveholding states" to delineate themselves, but it's not about slavery, but self determination.

The South needs a fucking Federal government to pull them out of the Dark Ages.

Don't worry, it's just a matter of time till they get it back up the ass. First the shipments and trucks from food plants and manufacturing facilities will stop going to their cities then when they begin to starve we'll go in and wipe out the survivors

Also, I corrected myself in the next post, turdbag. Forgive my lack of doublechecking my autocorrect.

>they knew what their political leaders told them
Yep. They 'knew' that they were self-sacrificing heroes, defending their homes and loved ones from 'northern aggression'. They were hoodwinked into fighting for the elite's financial interests, the same way our soldiers are today.

No, they won't be happy till they start a white genocide and kill all white people because "They're all racists".

It's fine as history. It's not fine in a position of respect.

No, the south was set up just fine. Then the north pillaged and raped their way all the way down to Georgia and then we lost Gettysburg.

Except that "northern aggression" was ending slavery. They knew they were fighting to keep slaves and import more.

"Other colors" better hope they can keep a free society going, because looking around the world, there isn't too much confidence in that.

Wasn't talking about statues of Hitler in Germany, talking the country itself.

Did I say that? No. Just tired of the stereotype.

I bet there's a statue of William Wallace somewhere in the UK.

A bunch of fucking cunts removing from sight what "hurts their feelings".

Nothing more.

Sigh. How many times are we gonna do this "it wasn't about slavery" bullshit.

>We

I love how you miss the irony. Getting upset about removing a statue honoring General Lee and saying white genocide is next. General Lee is responsible for the deaths or more white people than all Muslims and niggers combined.

Bout fucking time.
You lost, black people are actually humans, get the fuck over it you brain dead meat wads.

>only end one way
Which way is that?

Because it seems to me Mao won.

You bet? Or there is?