Any ex-smokers here?

Any ex-smokers here?
I quit around 3 months ago but I still have cravings, I mean I actually enjoyed smoking, especially during breaks with other people. I still feel like I want to light one up and that I won't get addicted again but that's obviously a shit idea.

it's like the heroin: you never stop being addicted to it. so just embrace it idiot

Heavy smoker here
I quit for a year and still got cravings
They don't go away my man

Get a vape

I quit with the help of Chantix in 2012 after like 15 years of smoking. My doctor had me stay on the Chantix for six months even though I had quit after a couple weeks. I think the idea of keeping me on it for that long was in case of a moment of weakness like you're talking about. In my experience, the urge DOES eventually go away, despite what user said above. It just takes a while. Be patient, OP, you've done a great job to make it this far and it gets easier. You're just not entirely out of the woods yet. The thought of smoking a cigarette is entirely repulsive to me at this point and has been for years now. You'll most likely get there too.

Dumbass, keep going, fill your lungs with that nice thick phlegm and get a nice raspy cough

Quit for two years, whenever I got a craving I'd have a packet of mints and I'd just chew on them. Obviously not nicotene or anything but the little bit of sugar took my mind off it.

I got a vape but it broke, also made me look like a faggot so I'm glad it did. I'm not really looking to swap one addiction for another.

>smokers logic

a solution to a deadly, expensive, and retarded addiction

"it looks gay so i dont wanna do it LOL FAGS"

so fucking dumb, get a grip, or die
i dont care either way, just pointing it out

about 5 months here. I stopped in December, but have had a few when I was drinking, and a few once when I was very stressed. They honestly tasted disgusting each time, but when I was drunk I didn't care, and when I was stressed, I pretty much threw up when I went back into my apartment, probably because of the nicotine, partly because of the flavor. I have a vape, and I only use it when I'm home and and really have a craving. Maybe once a day or so. I used to smoke a pack or two a day, but stopped for my girlfriend's sake. Vape doesn't feel the same, so it's tough to straight up switch, but it's obviously possible. I needed an external force to stop me from smoking, and it's working for the most part. You need something to replace the habit, preferably something that is healthy

I'm not talking shit about vaping, I can be a great tool to quit smoking, even though it's not what helped me in particular. It's just that I didn't want to keep on vaping after I had quit so I'm glad it broke.

I just smoked weed instead..
Feelsgoodman

Yeah, ex smoker here i used to waste 2 - 2.5 packs marlboro a day..
Quit august 5 yrs ago, cravings are gone..
Last time was about a year ago i guess, lost track because i couldnt care less about it..

Quit cold turkey because i was on vacation in romania and the village we was staying in had a lame old fucktard that didnt speak any other language than his own..
Took me half an hour to fix a pack,

next day i didnt buy any because fuck old people and fuck smoking..

Still havent bought or smoked any since that day

god I want to smoke a lucky strike cig rn. It's hard to really say how to keep from caving in, but it just happens. If you really want to stop, you will find a way.

don't listen to these faggots op
i smoked for 15 years before i quit and the cravings will go away and you will reach a point will your body reacts differently to how disgusting it fucking is.

Forgot to mention i smoked 13 years before i quit

Brought to you by Chantix ™

copenhagen longcut

OP here.
The whole repulsion thing is what made me quit in the first place, I got a really high fever (constantly 39°C, 102°C almost choking myself on pills meant to keep the temperature low), and during this time I naturally started smoking less as I was pretty much bedridden.
One day I lit a cigarette and it tasted like absolute shit, the smell of it was unlike anything I'd ever smelled before, it was so foul I almost threw up.
My mom smokes, when she lit a cigarette on the balcony on the other side of the house I could smell it right away and I just had to cover up my nose.
I don't know what the fuck that was but I pretty much had to give up smoking as it had become indescribably disgusting.
Once the sickness was over the disgust towards the smell of smoke went away but I had obviously gotten past the worst of the withdrawal symptoms, which more or less I didn't distinguish from how bad I was feeling from everything else, so I just decided to quit for good.

I smoked for 7 years, up to 3 packs a day for a short while, mostly 2. I quit cold turkey 37 years ago. the first two weeks were really uncomfortable, but i wanted to quit. The next few months were torture when I went out drinking with (smoking) buddies. A couple years later, and I forgot all about it except in really quiet moments when there was nothing to do. So for three decades now, I'm feelin' good, man.

Meant 102°F, I'm not an oven, yet.