This fucking kino is so underrated

this fucking kino is so underrated

literally a pleb filter

more like it please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cF4fVMXOFPc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Definitely in my top 5 of the past couple years.

If you haven't already seen The Witch, I'd say that had a very similar aesthetic and intensity.

It was alright, but they botched the ending. Macbeth is supposed to burst forth from his throne room dressed in full armor wearing his crown for his final charge against Malcolms forces. Polanski Macbeth did the final battle much better in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong though, it wasn't a bad adaption of the story in the end. Lady Macbeth was phenomenal in the movie especially.

It's shit. Had to use American subtitles for it.

What a wonderful movie, It reminded me of Excalibur in its mystical tones and feelings of despair.

Cotillard and Fassie are excellent. The director of photography and the music composer are also top tier.

They all come back for Assassin Creed, we'll see what they can do with such a shitty source.

The witches were a little weak. I want my witches to be more cackling and eccentric in their personalities

One of the worst Macbeth adaptations ever

Movie was legit good.
>Brother tells me we are watching Macbeth
>Brace myself for early nineties camp
>It's this movie with mother fucking Michael Fassbinder

I'm gonna be honest I'm kind of a pleb and found it hard to understand a lot of what they said but in terms of shooting and delivery it was amazing.

That wouldn't have meshed with the film's sophistication.

eh. the polanski version was better. this version ruined macbeth's 'life is but a walking shadow' speech.

how the fuck do you make macbeth boring
i mean even bela tarr's was cool

Why did it bomb with the critics?
Are they really wrong with this one?

I love a strong husband and wife power couple. It's good to see a man and his woman be true companions to one another intellectually, morally and spiritually. A wife should challenge and inspire her husband to realize his fullest potential as a man, and a husband should uplift his wife to Queen like authority and ambition.

That last shot with Banquo's son running and then the title appearing gave me a boner.

this tbqh

It was great. I heard the writer is also doing the Assassins Creed movie. Will it become the first game-kino?

>trailer features Kanye West

But of course.

I liked the witches being more subdued and mysterious. It fit with the tone of the movie better.

Interesting b8, I almost thank you for it.

Naaah, fuck that, give me a good old fashioned sub.

When you have 2 people who's Will to power is off the charts, and you put them together, there's going to be too much interference. And too much insatiable desire is never a good thing.

Also, I tdont think I'd use the Macbeth household as a benchmark kek

Witches shouldn't be stiff, stoic figures. They should be irrational, unstable figures who exhibit the same manic insanity that Macbeth became overcome with in the end

Aww bless

It's basically Shakespeare made by Christopher Nolan.

>muh gritty realism

Fun fact:
The Director, Screenwriter and Lead Actor (Fassbender) of MacBeth are now working on the Assassins Creed movie.

Prepare for vidya kino

It has a 79% on RT how is that a bomb?

They weren't insane in the play though. Cryptic, yes, but not insane.

And this is a remake that clearly had its own vision and I can respect that. A lot more was left out as well (the "something wicked this way comes" for a witch-related example) but the movie made it work.

The witches were in it for 10 seconds anyway; I don't understand why you're putting emphasis on them when they obviously weren't a focal point.

The ideal is to have your woman be an independent person from you with her own will, who chooses to align herself and her ambitions with you because she truly desires to be your partner and lover. Any man can have a submissive woman at his side, as most women seek to just melt into the life of their man and discard their own, but a truly strong and ambitious man will have an equally ambitious woman at his side who will contribute just as much to their shared life as he does. The woman in a man's life and the way he treats her reflects his character.

Aw shit, guys, he said "muh" -- I guess I feel like a stupid pleb now.

More like Assbender ha ha

Thats really insightful, user. Can we see your tits?

It was too short. I'm not overly familiar with the play, but for me we never saw how the guilt slowly made him mad. It was just a time jump and was already there.

The witches are indeed not important at all anymore, just a mere vision inside their head, just like God in Exodus... Emphasis on the gory battles with much slow-mo... First sequence with a dead baby which was not in the original text just to make it like a whole PTSD problem from war and grief, as Fassbender told the press himself.

So yes :

>muh gritty realism

The witches orchestrate all of the events in the story, they're very important. They're the catalyst for all the dramatic action

PUNISHED MACBETH

- A Hero Denied by his Kingdom -

The original implied they had had a child that died at some point though, so it's not like it was totally made up, just a different element they included.

It's really stupid to get autistic over minor details in a Shakespeare remake that is clearly trying to be its own work. It would be boring as shit if they were all carbon copies of the original.

And Warcraft had Bowie's own blood Duncan Jones, and looked at how that turned out.

The dead child has become the very center of that post-modern adaptation. Even the fucking witches have children... During Lady Macbeth famous monologue, we see a ghost baby too.

It's no more about religious fall and sin, it's about post-grief psychological issue.

Indeed, I don't really know what you're talking about, but indeed it seems like a facile analysis of the film.

>I heard the writer is also doing the Assassins Creed movie
>the writer
and the director
and the cinematographer
and the lead actor
and the lead actress
and the composer
and the producer
etc. etc.

>It's no more about religious fall and sin, it's about post-grief psychological issue.

That's a superficial "analysis" of it and who gives a shit if a new movie has a different perspective of it?

But yes, you can say that it is an original perspective after all.

I didn't like it, although it was beautifully shot.

Machbeth fucked his own mother.

>it would be boring if they were all carbon copies of the original
This

I would think this would be stating the obvious, but either people don't understand why another line-for-line remake of Shakespeare would be absurd, or they just like appearing sophisticated because they know Shakespeare (I'm thinking it's more the latter)

Btw.

>“[Macbeth is] suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder,” he explained. “I’m aware that it’s a completely modern interpretation of his actions and it’s only now we know what the condition is, we were just as puzzled by soldiers returning from World War One with PTSD, society didn’t know what to do with them.”

Fassbender himself.

>muh war

I never denied that they were going from that perspective, I'm not sure why you think I was. All I'm saying is: I don't give a shit, it fits with the original and it worked well in the movie.

It's about both really. In a symbolic sense, the symbol of the Man represents knowledge, form and authority, the Woman represents wisdom, intuition and spirituality, and their child represents salvation. Beginning with the Man and Woman mourning their dead child foreshadowed for us symbolically the death of their spiritual salvation.

As is common with most stories imbued with a true spiritual essence, the beginning of the characters demise begins when one prays to God for power, and is answered by something else entirely. Lady Macbeth fulfills this unholy covenant in this story, bringing the demonic influence into their lives that destroys them

That "demonic" side is very light here though. The whole psychological realism tends to nearly excuse her as a matter of fact. She's much more of a bitch in the play.

Sadly I didn't watch Polanski's, but you could see that in Kurosawa's version, Lady Macbeth seems much more scarier in this one, imho.

After raving about it for ages I convinced my friend to watch this. He looked literally everywhere in the room but at the screen.
I was like what the fuck you goddamn normie so later he rewatched it with the subtitles on and said oh it was better. I haven't watched a good movie with him since, only the laughably bad ones.

Dat soundtrack though. I was listening to turn hell hound for days. The costumes and hair/makeup were phenomenal too.

It was certainly pretty. Just the rest wasn't very good.

>as is common with most stories with a true spiritual essence
Wat

vant to laugh more?
>Fassbender
"fasz" means dick/cock/penis in hungarian

Stories written with a spiritual reality natural woven into it's framework

It's got a solid aesthetic and visual direction, but the handling of the text is miserable. No acknowledgement of the verse text. Mumbly-dumbly giving of Shakespearean verse is a fine experiment, but fails to achieve all of that

Ok, Harold Bloom, I think you're kinda talking out of your ass.

Patrick Stewart's WW1 adaptation is pretty neat too:

youtube.com/watch?v=cF4fVMXOFPc

>I like Hillary Clinton rather than Melania.

Kek. I fucking hate Trump and his gold-digging Slav whore, but this is exactly what I thought of when I read user's post.

But generally speaking, he's (probably "she's") right -- very ambitious people who don't have extreme insecurities (like Trump) tend to end up together. You're not going to find many Fortune 500, Type-A's with Average Jane spouses.

Make it accurate to the source material. Shakespeare fucking blows.

This

>tfw he didn't wear that make-up for the majority of the film

It's a really good look. That opening's a great sequence

the way fassbender delivered the my mind is full of scorpions scene blew me away. best actor in hollywood right now.

movie was pure kino

I wish I could talk like that natural. Just blunt with the metaphors without putting on an air. The Spartacus TV show had a knack for that too with more depravity

>There isss that fit again

Intimidating how he just acknowledges his anger