What are some good albums to listen to on LSD?

What are some good albums to listen to on LSD?

t. never done this before

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WJ1ajL5hapg
ffhks.bandcamp.com/album/jam
erppy.co/
discogs.com/JJUUJJUU-FRST/master/1011065
youtube.com/watch?v=zwTeomRilOk&list=RDzwTeomRilOk
apprenticedestroyer.bandcamp.com/album/glass-ceiling-universe
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1QK5fjJcQOk
youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

loveless on heroin is relaxing just do that

I've had real out of body experiences with In The Court of the Crimson King. Would also recommend LSD and The Search for God.

charles cohen - a retrospective

>I've had real out of body experiences

Animal Collective - Prospect Hummer and Sung Tongues
Alice Coltrane - Journey in Satchidananda
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds and Smiley Smile
Boards of Canads - Music Has The Right To Children or Geogaddi

Those are all from the top of my head

This was pretty cool

>picture of syd
>no piper at the gates of dawn

These are all good choices. If I'm going to listen to John Coltrane though, A Love Supreme is nice but I prefer something more unhinged like Ascension or Om. Or something more relaxed but still incredible like Live at the Village Vanguard. Also Pharoah Sanders is great while tripping.

I also recommend Sun Ra, the Residents, the Zombies, Status Quo, and the Knife

both good boys with good ideas

I'd also add:

The Microphones - Mount Eerie
Kid A (actually surprisingly profound while tripping...those first 3 notes fuck you up)
Swans (if you dont mind being overwhelmed)
Animal Collective - Feels, Here Comes The Indian
Talk Talk - The Laughing Stock
Can - Tago Mago, Future Days
Coil - ...And the Ambulance..., Black Antlers
Nujabes - Spiritual State
Nick Drake - Pink Moon, 5 Leaves Left

Pic related.
Also aphex twin selected ambient works while watching the "moving art" video series on Netflix is amazing.

It's the same as "omg im literally dying"

If I ever drop acid it'll surely be the first album to listen to.

Any album you like, you'll still like on LSD

Any album you think you like but you're actually pretending to like to keep up appearances will be a nightmare and make you a better person.

Music made to be "trippy" almost always sounds like garbage.

only right answer in this thread

although I might contest with the last point, because I have grateful dead while sober but my friend put it on while we were tripping and it was actually pretty nice

Grateful Dead is generally pretty up-the-middle jam rock. It sounds good on acid. I mean, it's good stuff though.

R Plus Seven, I'd be surprised if OP doesn't shut it off 1:30 deep.

Listen to Masterpieces:

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On?
Prince - Purple Rain
Bjork - Homogenic
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
BT - This Binary Universe
Joanna Newsom - Ys
RADIOHEAD - IN RAINBOWS
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Pt. 1
Sufjan Stevens - Age of Adz
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
Swans - The Glowing Man

theres been like 4 threads about music on lsd in the past few days. summer in full gear

American Beauty has some of the most beautiful folk rock pieces ever. i used to thing they were run of the mill though too but the guitar tones, lyrics, and harmonies are kind of addicting

You are awful to do drugs with, you really should know that.

Iasos-interdimensional music

Lil ugly mane-third side of tape (skip noise parts if you want, they scary)

Yuk.-anak

Anything by teebs

and of course, WEEN. DO NOT FORGET WEEN.

youtube.com/watch?v=WJ1ajL5hapg

An absolute masterpiece, yet no one knows about it

Here's (you)

But in all seriousness, I have OP the albums I have the most "transcendental" experiences with. Also you should be positive, it's an LSD thread and the worst type of person in these threads are people like you. Just saying.

>Masterpieces

>reddiohead
>neutral meme hotel
>"Masterpieces"

just because its a meme doesn't mean its bad

ffhks.bandcamp.com/album/jam

definitely this

I personally think its bad and really not that great and would never suggest anyone to listen to that shit on one of the most powerful substances known to man

I always like to listen to crazy ass electronic music or Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas

Besides the ones already mentioned here are some of my favorites:

Mercury Rev - Yerself Is Steam
Panda Bear - Person Pitch
The Cure - Disintegration
Tim Buckley - Star Sailor
Dave Bixby - Ode to Quetzalcoatl

Loveless is great to trip to as well

this, seriously
also any album you already enjoy listening

and if you want some visuals while listening, try this erppy.co/
just remember to mute it

This might be too basic but when I started doing acid I listened to until the quiet comes by flying lotus like the whole time I tripped. It was never my fav album by him but the textures and moodiness just sounds amazing while tripping. Their are two kind of weird dark songs near the end that might make you feel a little weird but the final track is gorgeous.

I will never forget my trip with JJUUJJUU, It was the best acid trip I've ever had.
discogs.com/JJUUJJUU-FRST/master/1011065

I don't get why, people do acid, I haven't tried it myself yet but was around some mates when they did it and they just seemed super confused and on edge the whole time. the next day they didn't really remember much of it but they were all like 'yeah it was great'...

Lou Reed-Metal Machine Music
Side four of Live/Dead by The Grateful Dead
The whole discography of both Chrome and Einsturzende Neubauten.

Phil Lesh- Seastones
Yoko Ono-Fly

The only way to know is to try, I don't know any other way to describe it. Everything changes, the way you think, the way you feel, smell, hear, see, touch. The world around and inside you changes completely, in a better, psychodelic way. And the music, gosh it sounds amazing on acid, this way every great musician takes psychodelics.

Also make sure it's acid, most of the time it's nbome.

Honestly if you don't listen to Dark Side of the Moon you wasted your trip. There is a genuinely reason it's known as the album people do acid to and it's because everything in it enhances the trip and really captures you.

LSD can give people some anxiety. It's usually best to go with the flow and confront your feelings rather than fight them

Is it much different from shrooms/truffles? I know its effects last longer, but is it more intense as well?

youtube.com/watch?v=zwTeomRilOk&list=RDzwTeomRilOk

kek

Honestly just pick one of your favorites op. If youre having a good trip it'll be a good listen. All of these are great suggestions but you should just listen to what you feel like as that will probably be the most enjoyable

NEU! and tago mago of course

Any one of Blank Banshee's albums. I dropped Acid to this after reading he produced the whole thing on acid. Not sure if that's true or not but 10/10 Would trip again.

shrooms are different from acid, if you take 5g+ of shrooms you will 100% get very intense hallucinations and maybe talk to the spirit of mushroom. Acid won't give you hallucinations but will affect the way you see the world from the inner perspective. Acid for art and music, shrooms for spiritual experience.

apprenticedestroyer.bandcamp.com/album/glass-ceiling-universe

Listened to this on LSD, can vividly remember the clouds dancing and the sky turning a shade of pink.

hands down, best trip of my life

Whilst it's just my experience, for me most hallucinogens feel very similar even at high dosage, out of 2cb, acid and shrooms I have acted slightly differently on them, and have had slightly different visuals (acid being "clean" with very clear patterns and spots of light, shrooms and 2cb being more "organic" and less geometric) inwardly I feel very similar on all of them and music doesn't change a whole lot. For me acid and shrooms offer a very similar experience, music sounds similar on each, though each to their own I guess and it's definitely a very personal experience and unlikely going to be exactly the same as anyone elses when you take hallucinagens. Pic related was great on everything I've done

pretty much this. i think electronic and rap music sound particularly good, anything with interesting textures. it's great hearing stuff you're very familiar with too, you hear the nuances you have missed before.

there's a strange banjo guitar towards the end of the universal by blur which me and a friend noticed together for the first time on 185ug

meddle or piper at the gates of dawn by pink floyd are absolutely fantastic to listen to while on lsd.

Loveless is increasing my hallucinations a lot.

Maybe they were uncomfortable tripping wherever they were? I know I would hate to trip anywhere but home honestly. I enjoy it because I always put on a three hour playlist and every single sound is engaging, and I have really fascination thoughts and ideas. It is a profound feeling but easy to become uncomfortable if you're in the wrong environment.

>yeah bro, just do heroin, it's not like there is a very good chance it will ruin your life

Great advice desu

nothing beats this album when you are on LSD

I hate the patient. And lateralis too. The grudge and tick and leeches are 10/10 btw.

LSD thread and no chemical brothers? I always shuffle their older discography but if i had to pick one its Dig Your Own Hole. Big beat is awesome tripping, chemical brothers seem made for psychedelics

album in question. love private psychedelic reel

the patient is meh it's the only track i don't really like. lateralus is the best track on the album the fuck you talking about

obligatory. I'll never forget the summer of '08, found a good acid connection and literally this album changed my life

music video to welcome to the machine is necessary as well

Blank Banshee and acid go together very very well.
I doubt anyone could make stuff this well-produced while also high out of their minds.

EFFECTS TWIN

acid absolutely will give you oevs and cevs

what?

I fucking can't stand tool on acid. Its too fast sometimes and the rhythms are fucked up. Music that includes wall of sounds gives you a way more comfy feel.

all my friends i wish i had irl are ITT .

the fucked up rhythms and the changes in speed are the best parts. way better then some boring repetitive wall of sound bullshit.

open eye and closed eye visuals

hey i love kettel!
smiling little cow is goat

u play too much nigga

>listening to plebshit and wasting my drugs
fuck that

Yeah, I guess you're right, but I had a really nice trip once in which a friend of mine read poetry over A Love Supreme and that album was just great, mainly due to the spiritual and relaxed nature of it. Psalm was especially nice.

Unrelated to Coltrane, but Desolation Row is a great song to listen to on psychedelics. I listened to it on morning glory seeds and I could picture everything so clearly and easily, it was fun.

How was the trip from morning glory seeds? Ive been considering it for a while. Also try this album out since you like love supreme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1QK5fjJcQOk

Morning glory seeds were rather different than LSD desu. Aside from the terrible nausea that made me throw up maybe an hour so after consuming them, the overall "trip" or "high" is a much more lazy or sloppy one. I remember a friend of mine describing it as drunk LSD, and I think that would be accurate. Regardless of that, the visuals were pretty different than those of LSD, it wasn't just kaleidoscopes and patterns everywhere, but there was a sort of "fuzz", along with different colors here and there, and shit breathing and morphing. The CEH were something else though. I could actually see scenes and shit when I closed my eyes rather than just patterns and movement. Like actual people running through an actual field. It was pretty cool, worth checking out to say the least.

Also, thanks for the rec, my man.

>something more unhinged like Ascension or Om

don't forget my personal fave for tripping - interstellar space

I will always reccomend Barry White to anyone tripping, everything he says just clicks and he's honestly a spiritual leader and honestly his stupid fucking face amplifys it

youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw

How has no one suggested Druqks? I personally like SAW 85-92 from Aphex Twin the most, but Druqks was definitely amazing on LSD. Also Grateful Dead's first three albums.

Any help on finding people who supply hallucinogenics?

Really only ever been interested in shrooms or LSD, but I can never make anything happen. Starting to think I may have to pick the shrooms myself.

You should defo pick your own its fun to be in the forest.

I'd say anything that isnt too complex. But then again, i dont know what music you really like.

im going to be taking mushrooms for the first time in a week

im going to be tripping at night, alone in my room.

should i just listen to music and watch movies? im not going to walk around outside until i get how i interact with the drug for the first time to be safe

Get a sitter

is that necessary? ive done up to 900mg of DXM alone before and handled that fine as well as smoking weed in combination. is it more intense and stessing than that? im curious ive never done an actual psychedelic before

If you're going to listen to anything by Animal Collective, just watch ODDSAC.

You'll be fine just remember you're on a drug and don't do anything stupid and you'll be good. It couldn't hurt to have a trusted friend you're comfortable with around to ensure you're okay though. I just hate tripping around sober people, it makes me feel awkward so then my whole trip is shit.

I've never done shrooms but I can tell you the case with LSD: if you plan on doing LSD, do it outside, during the day, with a sitter that you feel comfortable with. You won't necessarily have a bad trip either way, you're just much less likely to enjoy it if you don't take my advice. Some people still enjoy it that way, but most of the people that I know who have done acid indoors thought it was pretty lame. I did it on a hike on a beautiful day and it was great.

I have tripped plenty of times inside on acid. Probably more than I have outside...maybe next time I do it I should go for a walk or something.

Actually next time I do it I'll be at MPP watching Animal Collective and Fleet Foxes lying in the grass. Fuck. That's going to be amazing.

ive had my share of bad trips but those were mostly due to me making stupid decisions, not the drugs.

so if i just keep to myself and ride it out ill be ok? im just trying them to see how i react so i get the hang of it

i do want to trip outside when its a nice day and take it all in, but however with my circumstances its better if i just try it on myself alone at night with no one around to bother me so i see how i feel on it.

once i get the hang of where my mind can go, ill feel more confident for future trips

XXYYXX

I would share them with a friend

Really, it just depends on your mood and what you're doing. If you feel yourself getting overwhelmed, all I can say is try to remain calm, control your breathing, and change up the atmosphere to something a little more chill, if you can. You should be okay. I've tripped alone plenty of times and been perfectly fine. Overwhelming trips suck though, but having someone else there really isn't going to make a difference. You just have to keep control of yourself and beat the sensory overload back until you can relax.

Just listen to some music you like, watch a trippy movie or two, something light hearted. The Yellow Submarine or something. It'll all be cool dude.

i would love to trip in a safe place with a friend but im going to be taking enough to one.

im wondering how vivd are the hallucinations? like i dont scare easily and ive seen visual trip hallucinations before like running shadows like animals, bigs crawling, the wall moving and stuff like that. is that as serious as it gets?