How did 500 Spaniards conquer the Aztec capital of 200,000?

How did 500 Spaniards conquer the Aztec capital of 200,000?

>tfw will never be a Spanish conquistador who sacks Tenotchitlan, beds with Aztec princesses, and spawns a race of half breeds who inherit his culture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dpklZWniq_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Otumba
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afonso_de_Albuquerque
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Malacca_(1511)
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-09-07/vasco-da-gama-torched-a-muslim-pilgrim-ship-lewis-lapham
youtube.com/watch?v=zPxqWTVl1MI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cannons, guns, metal armor, and superior weaponry and tactics.

Tonnes and tonnes of native allies.

Guns, Germs and Steel
Great read.

How did 1 million Muslims elect a mayor of the British capital of 8.539 million?

>Allies
I love how the Nazis had so many allies working in their camps

they were seen as gods iirc.

By being superior and the help of God.

Its shit
They had better tactics and equipment

Allying with people the Aztecs pissed off.
And
Europeans are objectively superior fighters. Yes they had the tech but they had that tech as a direct result of being superior fighters and embracing conflict as a mechanism for meritocracy. Most cultures do the opposite: avoid conflict, stifle meritocracy. Europeans only did this because they failed to set up a strong central government that could supress and censor achievement.

>jewish theoretical trash not supported by empirical evidence

They also made friends with some indian tribes

-steel
-gunpowder
-horses
-superior bodies
-disorganized resistance
-aboriginal allies
-jesus

Nope, the Spaniards had legitimate native allies who were more than happy to throw their lot in with the newcomers. Aztecs made a lot of enemies.

Also, melee weapons don't hold a candle against cannons and muskets.

with the help of every tribe/group the Aztecs have been shitting on for hundreds of years

It was more than just 500 Spaniards. They allied themselves with a local tribe hostile to the Aztecs, the Tlaxcallan, who provided several thousand soliders. As well, they did not conquer it on their first visit. They originally stayed, were thrown out and escaped back to Hispanola, and came back a year later when most of the city was destroyed by disease.

If you want a true example of a small number of conquistadors taking down a capital, check out the fall of Cusco, the Inca capital.

BECAUSE THE BLACKS VOTED HIM TO PISS US OFF, THE WHITE RICH CUNTS VOTED FOR HIM TO BE PROGRESSIVE, AND ALL THE SINGLE WOMEN VOTED HIM, BECAUSE THEY WANT MORE MUSLIM CURRY COCK, NOW COME TO MY HOUSE AND KILL ME IN MY SLEEP, I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ANY MORE

this helped

the other tribes hated the Aztec for obvious reasons, they used to cull their population every once in awhile, take slaves, leave some alive, then come back in 20~ years and take more slaves and do it all over again

These

Deadly Spanish flu

What is your address?

Anglos suffering, that's good.

It literally has a passage (further south, dealing with Spaniards vs Inca) that plainly demonstrates that Europeans are superior fighters. Something like twenty Spaniards with no support, no allying disgruntled neighbors, nothing but what they brought with them in their hands and two horses destroy the entire Inca army.
Because Europe was a chaotic place, if you made it to adulthood you were automatically a better fighter than most of the rest of the world. Andean culture was all about tight centralized control guaranteeing stability. So you have a pack of hungry veteran wolves coming upon a herd of runts whose prosperity circumvented nature.
Diamond's evidence undeniably says this, and then he plows on with his incoherent nonsense as though he had not just said this. It's like when Benny Morris told Norman Finkelstein that Finkelstein was not allowed to quote Morris's books.

number 10 downing street
Nuke us Russia, do it now!!!!!!!

So what happened to all the Spaniard allies afterwards anyway? Did most of them then go on to die from diseases?

This is how

youtube.com/watch?v=dpklZWniq_I

>500
Try ~100.

Also, the most relevant factor is that we had God on our side.

>Yes they had the tech but they had that tech as a direct result of being superior fighters and embracing conflict as a mechanism for meritocracy.
Interesting conclusion.

Thinking like:
Culture A is a superior group of fighers
Culture B is worse and close to A
Culture C is even worse, but not close to A

A becomes such good fighters they further their tech. Destroy Culture B. The reliance on tech makes them slightly less physical as time goes on.

Culture C eventually has some contact with A, copies their tech. They grow stronger than A due to their current physical strength and new tech.

This creates a kind of revolving door of dominant military societies. I wonder if Arabs and Africans are the Culture C right now.

Yes, like 98% (iirc) of the population died to the pox

The firearms of the day were nornally melee weapons themselves, using the stock as a club, and with reloading taking up too much time to stop a charge.
Americans did not have war, conflict or meritocratic open struggle as Europeans understood them, and Europeans swam in all three from birth.

Soon you'll all be happy living in a sharia progressive world no worries ex-best ally

*smallpox

I never understood why you PM just lives in some shitty townhouse?
Can anybody just go by there and knock on his door?

Every culture, Europe included, wants to sit down and get fat. Nonwhites were able to do this (and consistently preferred it) for a variety of reasons. Europe wasn't, I think, mainly because Europe never had an Emperor Chin unifying land and language and burying the intellectuals alive and making competition a crime. You have two guys who each want to be that, living next door to each other, and they fight all the time, and that fighting becomes a new thing in itself.

To point up that he isn't a king.

How can one race be so beta

no they have gates on each side of the street

Somehow this ignores the Roman Empire completely.

Stanley Kubrick ?

A formation of muskets killing rushing melee only troops is a huge hit on morale. This is why formations are no longer a tactic in modern military.

A common tactic was to have one line of soldiers shoot the first salvo, then a second line advanced and shot theirs, while the first line reloaded. You can make short work of people in leather armor quite easily.

OH GOD, JUST NOTICED THERE'S A MUDSKIN IN THAT PICTURE, FUCKING BLOW MY BRAINS OUT

Because Sup Forums would have exploded even more if we elected a jew

>How did 500 Spaniards
More like 1300 spaniards. Also add every tribe conquered by the aztec empire too (almost 100,000 native warriors joined the spaniards)

The aztec priesthood it is to blame too. The prophecy of the return of Quetzalcoatl.

Yes, most of them died later.

No it doesn't, are you talking about it ringing the Med? Romans lived and breathed meritocratic competition even late into degeneracy.
We're not talking about European armies fighting in ideal conditions at home.

why do our coppers not have lips?

its not the nature of the jew to be in the common light, they prefer to work behind the scenes

efficiency breeds destruction.

Look at what all the progress brought us.
We are probably the last generation who will be able to shitpost and jack our years off to hentai.
We will be the last, for a few hundred years atleast.

>According to America: A Concise History, "The sight of the Spainards in full metal armor, with guns that shook the heavens and inflicted devastating wounds, made a deep impression on the Aztecs..." (America: A Concise History, James A. Henretta, Rebecca Edwards, Robert O. Self)

You are underestimating the impact of more advanced weapons.

YOU MEAN THE MUDSKIN SUCKING HIS LIPS AND POSING FOR THE CAMERA, SOMEBODY GET ME OFF THIS RIDE

No

The entire street is blocked off and guarded by the police and a big heavy fence. You can see the door from the side. It's maybe 20-30 metres from the fence.

Fuck the Spaniards, seriously.

We could have had the Aztecs as neighbors.
But nooooooo, instead we get Drug Cartel central, where the people are obese and the cities rot with pollution.

Everyone hated the fucking Aztecs because they were pieces of shit, so when the Spaniards showed up they jumped on the momentum but then died of smallpox.

450 cossacks vs 650.000 Siberian Khanate.

If this is true then why couldn't one of the angry tribes "be" the Spaniards?

>Wanting savages who would sacrifice you to keep the sun in existence as neighbours

The only thing the Spanish did wrong was not genociding them all and making a country full of pure blood europeans

the conquered severals tribes before getting to the city
and cortes was probably the luckiest mother fucker on earth

Fucking plebs.

>Could have had an entire continent full of Europeans
>ruined it by not genociding hard enough
>Entire north could have been European
>ruined it by importing darkies
The genocide worked out pretty well up there though

/thread

That's what you get for forgetting the wisdom of Quetzalcoatl and surrendering your souls to Huitzilopotchli.

Pay attention Mexicans, bc what is going on in your country with the renewed and open worship of old spirits of death like santa muerte is tearing your society apart. Keep on that path and the days ahead of you will be darker than even what you are going through now.

>and cortes was probably the luckiest mother fucker on earth
Second luckiest. Pizarro conquered the Incan Empire with less than 200 men.

A friend of mine told me that the Aztechs were so pathetically weak from only eating mais, that the Spaniards couldn't even use them as slaves.

most tribes didn't rally cortes without a fight
he had to subjugate them outnumbered 1:40

God why are Europeans so based?

I didn't know Orson Welles was a conquistador.

Totally wrong. The Tlaxcalans joined him because they knew it was their only chance to overthrow the Aztecs.

Why is pol so uneducated?

If you were there with modern firearms you would still have trouble. A weapon is only as good as its user.

conquistadores were probably the greatest adventurers
mel should make a conquistador movie

Sounds like what happened to germany in WW2.

A pure European country probably would have been better, but I would rather have the Aztecs as neighbors than Pedro and Carlos.

Disease preceded Pizarro. He was mainly doing cleanup.

Jesus, the balls on those men. I don't understand how they could ride horses

>10K deads

i'm sure they gladly joined him

For the people still not getting it.

They had massive balls. When Cortez ran out of gunpowder he had his men trek 200 miles through the jungle and rappel down an active volcano to collect sulfur to make it.

I wholeheartedly agree. Let's not also forget about the conquistadors of the East, the Portuguese. This guy especially: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afonso_de_Albuquerque
>mfw en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Malacca_(1511)

AN ENTIRE EMPIRE. There were large battles as well where the Spanish lost not one soldier. Disease helped, but Pizarro was both an opportunist and master strategist. A legendary warrior as well.

That support was nothing without the Spanish and was made up of similar maize-fed combat-ignorant unarmed midgets.
There is no way around European superiority.

An entire empire yes. And many great battles. But the Incas suffered an estimated 60~95% casualty rate from smallpox. 50% in just the first round.

They still massively outnumbered the Spanish.

Albuquerque was so fucking based.

Oh for sure. Not denying that. The incas had also just run through a civil war.

Vasco da Gama as well.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-09-07/vasco-da-gama-torched-a-muslim-pilgrim-ship-lewis-lapham

>A subsequent voyage by a fleet of 15 heavily armed Portuguese ships reached India in October 1502, and da Gama then set about capturing Arab vessels.

>The Miri was a pilgrim ship coming home from Mecca with many of the wealthiest Calicut merchants on board. They tried to negotiate their freedom with gold and spices but were refused.

>Desperate Muslim women held up their infants and toddlers and pleaded for mercy. After looting the ship, da Gama spared only 17 children, who were forcibly baptized.

>As screams rent the air, the Miri was then burned with the rest of the 300 people on board, “very cruelly and without the slightest pity,” according to one eyewitness.

t. Babylon the Great.

The ones who worship this idol, they do it in the dark since they got too much publicity. Also the practice is not widespread, it's more common in regions like Catemaco (Veracruz) or Mexico city.

No, when the spaniards started to mine silver, only the natives of the remaining tribes could survive the mining. They brought blacks but they died out very quickly. Northern indian tribes like the tarahumara are very hardy. Same with the yaqui.

They never will. A house divided will not stand. The spaniards didn't admit this until much later, in the times of the vice-royalty.

Nice ID

Accounts of war against the Muslim was one always of great cruelty in either side. Veterans of the Moroccan conquests were in no mood to spare the kebabs.

Yes, it was our very own crusade.

The aztecs where fucking mega assholes and when the spaniards arrived the natives rallied behind them.

The guns, steel and horses also helped. The native myths about white ''gods'' with beards and and snakes that spit fire also helped.

Like so
youtube.com/watch?v=zPxqWTVl1MI

Because of la Malinche, prophecy (which is actually incredibly accurate), superior weapons and tactics, horses, Tlaxcalan allies, a great stroke of luck, Cortez's Machiavellian psyche and because men of those days were different from today.

If you want an epic novel based on this history, go check out War God

a musket is really really slow. indians in america frequently beat the shit out of white people with bows that could fire 15 times a minute. muskets at that point are really just easier to learn to use.

cortez and his men also had swords and pikes, however, and those were considered just as important. the aztecs had stone weapons, and no armor.

even in melee battle, the spaniards slaughtered the aztecs.

it was the tactics of a people skilled in war that won the day.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

actually, ALL of them died later. everyone dies later.

>19,000 Brits vs 200,000 Chinese
>On Chinese home turf
>69 Brit casualties
>19,000 Chinese casualties
>British Victory, Hong Kong Ceded

If only the Brits remembered.

If you are truly curious please please please read the eyewitness accounts from the Spanish fighters who were there. We're incredibl y grateful they still exist.

>That support was nothing without the Spanish and was made up of similar maize-fed combat-ignorant unarmed midgets.
>There is no way around European superiority.
No one is denying that but to claim that they would have been able to do it without their native allies is just retarded. 1000 vs 100 000 thousand, they would be surrounded and lost because of fatigue. Killing 30 people that don't want to be killed by hand would be extremely tiring.

Just slashing and stabbings for hours without rest.

>go check out War God
Graham Hancock is based as fuck, i have to chedk that out.