Does Sup Forums think that one can benefit from participating in organized religion?

Does Sup Forums think that one can benefit from participating in organized religion?
Even if one does not believe in god whatsoever, could it still be beneficial to have a routine of prayer and/or meditation, or to have a community of people to be able to have as a support structure?

Holy shit, no wonder it's euphoric
He's hugging you

Yeah dude i think about this sometimes they are sort of like a loose cult where most people know eachother and have to provide charity and share rides, etc. I think its useful. Although i think you're aiming more at emotional support which i cant help you with because i find it pretty useless

What's going on in this pic? Where is Jesus arm?

No I don't mean emotional support at all. I'm just wondering of actually having the routine of praying or meditating can be good for the psyche in whatever metaphysical way. And exactly what you're saying about the charity, there could be potential for job opportunities etc., especially for someone who has "turned it around" and found salvation in whatever sense that religion outlines.

>have a routine of prayer
Who would you be praying to? The whole point of religion is to have a close personal relationship with God. I'll be praying for you to find that relationship if you haven't already. Good luck, brother.

yes

if you have a large community, there are prob a few businessmen who can get you jobs and stuff
overall pretty useful

thanks man i appreciate that.
I don't know man, if there is even a god, i don't think that a close personal relationship is something you can instantly will into existence. Would it not take time of having that routine to see the benefits of your prayers? at the very least in just how you feel?

has that been your experience?
or have you at least witnessed that?
or are you just hypothesizing?

Definitely, I feel like its a community thing so theres bound to be resources, say even if you're just lonely you can join clubs, events and shit I will probably research this stuff myself later. If you believe in spiritual energy (I don't myself) thats also kinda useful because you can feel part of something.

his arm and Jesus's arm are one

It doesn't take anything special to contact God. Just reach out to him and you might be surprised. I think about all the people who don't believe in him and bash him regularly, and that makes me think he would jump at the chance to help anyone who actually wants to talk with him.

where you live user?
i live in southern california and i wonder if church is the same out here as other places

People have a spiritual need.
You eat when you're hungry.
Sleep when you're tired.
Why not fulfill your spiritual need?
That is one of the main reasons Man has religion. Any way to become connected to the higher plane can be beneficial.
Some are able to find spiritual health considering the vastness of the cosmos, but most end up eating the kosher atheist euphoria and never getting in touch with their soul.

If you're white, you should consider religions of Aryan creation. You might think I mean Pagan religions, but the priests of Hinduism were decidedly Aryan, and Gautama Buddha was high-caste, therefore certainly Aryan. Simply studying these faiths will bring you closer to achieving spiritual well being.

If you are not white you should become familiar with the spiritual teaching of your own forebears.
The same goes for the ancient peoples of Europe such as the Basque.
Do not limit yourself, though, unless you want a local community to join.

Finally, if you're a Jew: you should kill yourself, because your culture is based on sacrificing the children of "goyim" and your god is Satan (who relishes cutting the tips of baby penises)

im super conflicted. My parents are two different religions, and divorced when i was young, the constantly bashed each others' religions, and now that im older and i can see how religion is beneficial, (ie, raising a family with good values, having a community to rely on if times get tough, etc.) but i dont know which way to go.

i am not flithy a jew, i am half aryan, and grew up going to church, and half mudslime.

Check em

Remember that Islam was forced upon the people who resided in the path of conquest of the Mohammedan upon fear of death.
If you trace your lineage you might find that your ancestors were indeed all Aryan, or closer than you think.
You should study Aryan faiths, especially those that predate Islam conquest.

Organized religion is meant to control people.

There is good and bad in that.

kek