Is Dayz Standalone worth buying on steam?

Is Dayz Standalone worth buying on steam?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ztNYp_E8nj8
reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Why?

The game has been in development for the past 5 years or so and in general is shit. Believe me if ur going spend $30 buy rising storm Vietnam there's an open beta right now and the game is $22 if u buy before release.

No buy Miscreated instead it's honestly better

Fuck no

Why is it so buggy? 4 years and you'd think it'd be done by now.

it's shit, get 7 days to die instead

I have over 600 hours on it and played the living crap out of it with friends. Some of my greatest adrenaline, exciting moments happened in day z. It holds a special place in my heart, but I cannot recommend it because the development oout of alpha is dead. The zombies are way too difficult for the purpose of the game, and the server syncing really sucks sometimes.

Had you asked me 3 years ago, I would have said absolutely. Now I'm saying do not buy it. Get battlegrounds instead.

PUBG is shit.
DayZ standalone is shit
Miscreated is okay.
I mainly play Arma 2 OA / Epoch mod.
Id recommend that over standalone.

Uhh why would you say PUBG is shit? It's honestly amazing. And the reviews prove it.

just get pubg retard, it's dayz without all the cheese

The game is dead, more and more people are abandoning it everyday.

On the plus side, the devs treating everyone like shit inspired many offshoots to bridge the gap. Among them Player Unknown's Battlegrounds - which you may remember as an Arma Mod itself

youtu.be/ztNYp_E8nj8

it's basically Dayz with a shrinking world that makes you engage, Matches last about 30min. It's pretty dope, but admittedly you miss out on all the crafting and survival stuff if you were into that.

It simply is. I have no desire to play the game. Its terrible.

yep. Everyone good went to pubg (player unknown's battlegrounds)

how do you get the dayz mod to work? just recently tried playing again but everything seems to have gone to shit

It's PC only, so I'm guessing you're just an XBOX/PS4 pleb.

PUBG is the future
reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/

I bought it as soon as it was available. I still play it to this day but rarely. I usually play a couple days, and then wait a couple months till i get into it again. It has a thrill factor no other game has. But development really sucks, it's so slow and unefficient... It might be worth if it's on sale but can't recommend it otherwise.

Whats the problem? I have DayZ Launcher, installed DayZ 1.8.8 & Epoch 1.0.6.1 and hop into a server I like.

You need Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, and Arma 2 DayZ Mod for it all to work though.

Nope. Proud PC gamer.
I just simply despise the game. Its as simple as that. The same goes for H1Z1 king of the kill.

Anyone know of a single player zombie game like DayZ? I can't stand multiplayer games.

>inb4 State of Decay

Because they've only had 6 people working on it since rocket left. Honestly the game isn't buggy nor is it not fun I honestly like it. Definitely not like the original dayz way more survival based. Only thing that needs reworking is the networking to fix a lot of the latency issues. Other than that there is a shit load of content and a lot to explore.

didnt know you needed dayz mod downloading now and hopefully thatll fix everything thank you

You need to start each game at least once. That way your PC and DayZ launcher realizes you have all the assets needed.

Its a bit of a bitch, but eventually youll get the hang of it. If need-be, drop your SteamID and ill add you up.

theres a free version of it out that has a working multiplayer and servers up on 0.61

420gaming.net

>It's a meme game all streamers are playing
>It'll die within the month
It's honestly terrible. Sure the mechanics are all fluid. But the core of the game doesn't have lasting content it's why I hated battlegrounds on Arma 2 and 3. I hate all those arena based games. It's like once you played one game you've played all of them. It's repatitive and bland. I give it a month and a half before they have 400 people playing just like h1z1 the craze will die.

Didn't know you need OA to play. Thought you just needed the Game Arma 2 itself.
Do a lot of people still play Dayz mod? Seems like a couple still.

Been in alpha forever, still full of bugs, hackers, half the "mechanics" in the game dont work at all. Buy Arma 3 if you want a DayZ-like game, and get the mods for it.

Download link?

You only want it for the pvp, the survival aspect of dayz is definitely the focus of the game now. Go back to playing overpoch, breaking point, and what not. Those game modes are what killed the original mod.

Yep. You need OA and the Mod its self. You can get Arma 2 and OA for like $5-10 on G2A.com (Look for Arma 2 Combined Operations)
As for people playing it, on the DayZ launcher, there is about 12-15 servers with the 50 slots maxed out. So its not dead, but its not in its prime. You can certainly find a server you'll like.

it's on that link. jump in their TS and somebody will tell you how to do it.

I honestly don't get why everyone hypes up games just because streamers are on them. h1z1 is a great example of a shitty game that everyone played for the sole reason of famous streamers being on it now all the twitchwhores are gone and it's completely dead. PUBG is following the exact same route and will inevitably have the exact same outcome