Transporters are down Captain

>Transporters are down Captain
So why don't they ever use the shuttle craft?
Or at least use the transporters ON the shuttle craft?
General Sci Fi bitch thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DyiWkWcR86I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ugh. Transporters suck

And don't get me started on time travel in sci fi shows.. just.. the worst.

Why do they let faggot Asians drive the ship?

probaby shielded through the ships walls somehow, like Im sure they could come up with a reason to make it logical if they needed to.

Id say their range might not be far enough/strong enough but... I mean they use them to transport to planets so often so thats wrong.

HERES MY BIG QUESTION:
if the ferengi are so rich why doesnt the Grand Nagus have a luxury fleet when he travels around instead of taking small ships to quarks and staying in his room????

What about the massive and powerful ferengi warships from Next Gen?

Whats going on with the space jews man

>hostile life forms come on board
>Kill people like its nothing
>"We should communicate with it to see what it wants"
>kills more people
>"Now we should stop it!"

The Ferengei suck in general. Apearantly space pirates was too violent so now they have to be the perfect mix of jews and muslims. All the sheckles none of the respect for women.

The irony is they were folded into the show because the budget for landing a shuttlecraft every week would have been prohibitive, so it's possible that the whole conceit has just become an in-joke in Star Trek.

You don't get rich by spending money when you don't have to.

Fucking humans in star trek
>We're too enlightened for money
>literally everyone else still uses money
It must suck having to barter god damn everything because money is evil.

Because they have a sense of responsibility and duty to their crew and they can't shove everyone on a shuttle. They would rather sacrifice themselves to fight until the end to try and save the rest. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

>why doesnt the Grand Nagus have a luxury fleet when he travels around instead of taking small ships to quarks and staying in his room?

In Seattle it costs $32 to park my car in the building I work. It would cost me $160 a week just for the privilege of combating traffic for 3 hours to drive 20 miles. Then I don't like the idea of spending 1500 a month for a closet to sleep in.

All Ferrengi are cheap. If they were to visit Seattle, they would save themselves 2,140 a month by getting a ride, or riding a bike and staying with a friend or family member.

That's 25k saved per year. Live long and prosper.

Asteroid belts are never this dense. If they were, you wouldn't have an asteroid field in a few days time, you'd have a planetoid

What if the material was super light, like pumice or too brittle to form a bond?
Just curious.

I swear, Bank of America is run by a bunch of Ferengi

I've always wondered how Starfleet paid for goods on ds9 ?

youtu.be/DyiWkWcR86I

atheists have been greeting others with the vulcan V which forms the hebrew letter shin, not knowing they were giving homage to the jewish goddess Shaddai, one of many names of the Hebrew God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Actually it was an abducted BoA exec that taught the Ferengi.

You'd still have a planetoid.

>goddess Shaddai
That's another word for God according to the Kaballa.

Shaddai el Kai

Get it right shithead.

Shaddai al kai* Oops.

>if the ferengi are so rich why doesnt the Grand Nagus have a luxury fleet when he travels around instead of taking small ships to quarks and staying in his room????

The Nagus travels on the down low, to avoid unwanted attention.

>You don't get rich by spending money when you don't have to.
There is a German saying that it is the rich people that can teach you how to save money