Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MKp30C3MwVk
youtube.com/watch?v=assdzSC7EXo
youtube.com/watch?v=3QAqJAfBjN8
youtube.com/watch?v=uzCZN-m75bQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

any hip hop album

Music in general

I get that Sup Forums is too contrarian to praise TVU for the banana album but holy shit stop shilling this garbage

This desu
:^)

The Velvet Underground
The Doors
Rolling Stones
Can
Beatles
Soulwax
The Zombies
DJ Shadow
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Flaming Lips
Genesis
Journey
Any and all post-punk revival
Gorillaz
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Lemon Jelly
Merzbow, at least on Sup Forums
David Bowie
Frank Sinatra
Tame Impala
Television
Any and all breakcore

Go ahead, lynch me.
Said it before I could, thank you

Swans in general but fuck that album specifically. I've tried it more than once and it's the most boring shit I've ever heard.

Good list

more of a OB4CL fan?

Her in general

>Post overrated garbage

Is that like post rock?

>david bowie
I disagree

certain albums are definitely overrated but I still believe that he's one of the most talented artists in history

Delete this.

What the fuck? The Beatles, ELP, Genesis?

You have the shittiest taste I've ever known.

The Beatles are the single most overrated act in the history of rock. I'm not Scaruffi, promise. Their music is, at best, simplistic and easy to listen to. Even their best record to date, Sgt. Pepper's entire Side A is forgettable and quick, due to the myriad of dumbed down easy to listen to pop songs on it (With a Little Help..., Fixing A Hole, LITSWD, etc.) I have listened to the entire discography of The Beatles twice over and I have found little to anything worth listening to again. Revolver was disappointing and boring, A Hard Day's Night along with their entire early discography is redundant, annoying and simplistic, Rubber Soul was decent at best, coming close to Pet Sounds quality, and almost their entire late career consisted of weak attempts at true psychedelia. They should have stayed to imitating the Rolling Stones. As for ELP, their entire act is the moog synth/mellotron. It's uncreative, repetitive and even annoying at times. Tarkus is a fun listen, their self titled is too raw, PAAE is decent, at Trilogy it's starting to get old, and BSS makes me really just want to listen to something else. They shouldn't have ever tried to make more than one 22 minute extravaganza, because they fall flat with Karn-Evil 9, save for First Impression, Part 2. Genesis was another one of those filler, annoying prog rock acts of the early to mid 70s. Of course like all the rest they come from Britain, so there's no variation in the vocals from any other group, just the same tripe we got from ELP. Their late career, save for Lamb Lies Down On Broadway was entirely an attempt at imitating similar, objectively better prog rock groups (see King Crimson/Robert Fripp). Absolutely, all three of those bands are overwhelmingly overrated.
Throw some more groups at me that I said, you know I'm right

>Any and all breakcore
>dismissing an entire genre
kek

>acknowledges breakcore
>doesn't acknowledge post-punk revival
favoritism detected
also breakcore sucks, link me a good breakcore album please

>The Doors
>Can
Objectively shit taste

I like Hallelujah and Nostril by Igorrr, From Rotting Fantasylands and Avalon Vales by Lauren Bousfield and Rossz Csillag Alatt Született the most. I understand you can dislike them, but how is breakcore overrated? I don't really see people talking about it or praising it.

Post-punk revival isn't a real genre, it's just an umbrella term for post-punk made after 1999

I've noticed Breakcore to be something like the licorice of music; you either really hate it or you really love it. And the few people I know that like it are absolutely obsessed, I never understood it. It always seemed like a large mesh of random noise, that's coming from a Frank Zappa, Residents and Boredoms fan.
>isn't a real genre, it's just an umbrella term
Fucking stop
The definition of a genre is umbrella term to refer to many albums
Saying post-punk and post-punk revival are the same genre because of the time difference is like saying Europe and Asia are the same continent because of the lack of water inbetween them. Obviously there's a stark difference between the two which differentiates them from each other easily. Try and look me in the face and tell me that Joy Division and The Cure are both stylistically identical, genre wise, to My Chemical Romance and Panic! At The Disco, you literally can't because that's comparing apples and oranges, albeit similar ones.
The Doors are boring. Typical UK punk from before it was popular. They might have started a genre, but they suck. As for Can, I just think they're talked about too much when it comes to German music. Just a simple look at Rate Your Music can tell you that; searching up all music from Germany will give you the top 3 albums of all time as all being published from Can. They're not bad by any means, just horribly overrated.

we have a patrician in the thread

DELET

If you're interested those are some of the most accessible songs , off the top of my head:
youtube.com/watch?v=MKp30C3MwVk
youtube.com/watch?v=assdzSC7EXo
youtube.com/watch?v=3QAqJAfBjN8
If you like black metal this is probably the best starting point, it even samples Moonsorrow:
youtube.com/watch?v=uzCZN-m75bQ

This is probably the worst album i've ever heard, I still don't get why people worship this garbage.

Listen to In The Flowers at a "reasonably" very high volume through good speakers, then you'll understand
If you don't then, maybe dream pop/experimental electronic isn't your thing, ITF is what got me started on MPP
>inb4 huhu cause it was the opener?
no, dingus, I had revisited the album on speakers and that song came to mind, I blasted it and almost had my third eye opened

NiN isn't *that* bad
but Kanye West is, good pick, I didn't think of that one

I like Kanye generally but 808s is trash, I get the emotion behind it and I can appreciate that but that doesn't stop it from being trash

Get out

Youre totally right, Scaruffi

Very true, although I was never a huge fan of Kanye to begin with
Listened through MBDTF, College Dropout and Yeezus and none of them really struck a chord with me, although I can recognize their quality
shushhh, Lou Reed is trash >:[

By overrated garbage you mean just any overrated album, or bad and overrated albums?

>Even their best record to date, Sgt. Pepper's
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just things that are terribly overrated
Beatles for example
Not amazing, but still good
Terribly huge following though, very undeserving given their output and talent

>>Even their best record to date, Sgt. Pepper's
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Aren't they hated by almost everyone already?
>It always seemed like a large mesh of random noise
>implying that's a bad thing
anyway the random noise you're talking about is probably just the stuttered & stacked breaks

>The Doors are boring. Typical UK punk from before it was popular. They might have started a genre, but they suck.
Not sure how you can consider them punk. They were a psychedelic rock band and far from boring. Great songwriting, great creative synergy and great instumental talent not to mention Jim Morrison's talent as a vocalist and lyricist. Strange Days is one of the best albums of the 60s.
>As for Can, I just think they're talked about too much when it comes to German music. Just a simple look at Rate Your Music can tell you that; searching up all music from Germany will give you the top 3 albums of all time as all being published from Can. They're not bad by any means, just horribly overrated.
This is a fair point but I think it's justified since they're the best band of all time.

Understandable argument for The Doors, might have to listen through their self titled and Strange Days a few more times before I'm able to give an extremely detailed opinion on them. I can also see where you're coming from with Can, considering I haven't nearly completed listening through their discography. I've only really finished Tago Mago and Future Days. Again a band I have to revisit.
>best band of all time
no sir, that is Kraftwerk, close but wrong

Kanye West, all by him. I can't believe people say Devil in a New Dress is one of the best songs on MBDTF, it's one of the worst.
I still don't understand how can anyone enjoy DAMN.
Late Swans, The Seer is the exception, and even that one is really flawed. Early Swans isn't that good neither.
Wu Tang Clan.
The Beach Boys.
I'd mention The Beatles, Sex Pistols (does anyone even cares abot them nowdays?) Nirvana, Queen, you know the rest but at this point is kind of unnecesary. At this point I think all the shitpost made me like The Beatles a little more.
Pink Floyd, except for The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.
Joanna.
Talking Heads.
Overrated Divison.
Björk, though I really like Debut.
Aphex Twin, with the exception of Windowlicker. I appreciate the man a lot though.
Beck is one of the most boring musicians I've ever listened to.
Iron Maiden, except for the self-titled and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.
Mayhem is quite an overrated band in the black metal community.
Louis Armstrong.
At this point I'm not sure if Trout Mask Replica is overrated or underrated.

>Can
>Frank Sinatra
>DJ Shadow

K. Y. S.

>No Pink Floyd

that's ok but you're in the minority

What's the point in the threads? Its always the exact same shit from venting contrarians.

Literally just shit posting!

>The Beach Boys.
Not overrated but Pet Sounds is. Surf's Up is clearly their best album.
>Pink Floyd, except for The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.
Saucerful > Piper
>Joanna.
Just completely wrong.
>Talking Heads.
Like the Beach Boys, the band isn't overrated but their most popular album is. Fear of Music blows it out the water.
>Björk, though I really like Debut.
Vespertine and Medúlla > Debut
>Aphex Twin, with the exception of Windowlicker. I appreciate the man a lot though.
ICBYD is his best album tbqh

Not that or any other but I really really wanna recommend checking out The Lost Tapes my man

Poster from earlier here
Swans isn't bad at all, records like Children of God, Great Annihilator and To Be Kind are all amazing works
The Beach Boys are a streak of pop genius, they were among if not the first to use unconventional, Baroque-type instruments in their works (everything pre-Pet Sounds is neglegible)
Pink Floyd is another one of those pop legends that I have a soft spot for, there isn't a particular album I can cite as being their best overall but I recognize some of them are great and worth a listen or three (WYWH, Animals, DSOTM, etc)
Tell me if you want an in depth explanation of why Talking Heads are amazing.
Agree with you on Wu Tang, Joanna, Joy Division, Bjork, Aphex Twin minus Syro and Drukqs, Beck, Iron Maiden, Mayhem and Louis Armstrong. Definitely agreed with Kanye West.
Already explained Can to another poster. Frank Sinatra is just a singer; a pretty boy who can do no wrong because he has an "angelic" voice, despite his absolutely lacking back instruments "huhuhu but it's big band sometimes!". DJ Shadow just never struck a chord with me as being any good. Endtroducing... was alright, but on repeated listens I've found it to grow rather tiring and boring. The Mountain Will Fall was also alright. DJ Shadow produces exclusively "alright, not that great" music in my opinion, he never truly struck me as much anything.
Will do, thanks

>Not that or any other
god I'm high

all pop music.
all hip hop music.
the majority of Sup Forumscore albums.

The Doors are arguably one of the best bands of the 1960s. You can't tell me you don't like Crystal Ship by them.

I like Swans, but the early No Wave Sounds and their late stuff is overrated imo. I enjoy a lot SFTB and WLFTMOI.
I like The Beach Boys, but besides some songs, I just can't get into them.
About Talking Heads, yeah, why not? I enjoy some of their stuff a lot (I love The Great Curve), again, I find it kind of to listen to their albums as a whole.
Medulla sucks, but Vespertine is good too. And enjoyed Fear of Music as much as I did with Remain in Light, not too much.

>calls ELP repetitive
>beach boys:same fucking harmonies every song

Never got the beatles/beach boys debate. At least the beatles (post '65) mixed it up a little.

Obviously the "best band of all time" thing is just my opinion, Tago Mago is my favourite album ever and Ege Bamyasi and Future Days are both close to perfect as well. They did take me a few listens to get into, I think Ege was the first album of theirs that clicked with me.

Funny that you mention Kraftwerk because I'd nominate them for inclusion in this thread. Never really got into them, I'd much rather listen to Cluster, Harmonia or Tangerine Dream as far as the electronic side of Krautrock goes.

I was defening them m80

Eh, can't really argue against the Beach Boys one. Harmonies and many layered instruments are somewhat of a musical fetish of mine I suppose. Different strokes for different folks, right?
On the Talking Heads:
Their debut, Talking Heads: 77, is an amazing example of how polyrhythms can actually work in an accessible, decent sounding setting. Polyrhythms not doing that: Trout Mask Replica. It's an amazing piece of new wave/folk fusion, definitely a rewarding listen upon repeated plays. More Songs About Buildings And Food is really an expansion of 77, and I mean that in the most endearing way possible. They took what they did in 77 and expanded on it in such am amazing, layered synth way that I've always considered it my favorite TH album. Fear of Music is what I would consider to be their ultimate, objective best: they take their sound and give it this darker, new wave aesthetic that serves as a perfect transition point from MSABAF to RIL, it shows plenty of experimentation as well as obvious production lead from Brian Eno. Going onto Remain in Light, their biggest album, personally I've always said that one's their big overrated album, personally because Side A is somewhat repetitive in my eyes and Side B is emotional, yet boring. Not bad by any means, but still not great. They really go ham on the African influence here and fuse it with American new wave, it is a very psychedelic experience and something to be played in the dark, alone. Speaking in Tongues is possibly their most accessible release, bringing Burning Down The House, This Must Be The Place, Girlfriend Is Better and many other classic accessible pieces to the table. They go much more new wave with this release. Little Creatures is an acquired taste, even more bland than SiT, although it is a personal soft spot of their discography. True Stories just sucks, it's boring, repetitive and shows the band's age. Naked is, surprisingly enough, a well executed return to form in a way.(1/2)

I've always considered Naked to be something of a Part 2 to Remain in Light in a way, with extra jazz influence and african polyrhythms to boot. Although, considering it is a last ditch return to form, some might criticize it as a bland album but I've always considered it to be a hidden gem of theirs. Speaking in Tongues, their live album, put short is all of their biggest hits but twice as good. Brilliantly executed live performances really bring all of their sounds together in one big, harmonious package, I'd recommend this as well to starters.
Kraftwerk's always been a personal favorite of mine. They were one of the first bands I've ever got intensely into believe it or not, but I've only gotten into their earlier material recently. Their self titled is amazing, as well as Ralf & Florian, but Self Titled 2 is a little inaccessible. Very reminiscent of Can, Neu! and other traditional krautrock groups. I've always loved their raw, instrumental sound with their self manufactured instruments. Dunno, it always struck me as an amazing band, but opinions are opinions :P

>Even their best record to date, Sgt. Peppers
Well it's not like they're making new stuff given half their members are gone

aahahaha got em
sure told me how it is :^)

Oh don't get me wrong, harmonies and many layered instruments get me going too, I was a Big (70's) Queen fan in my youth, but I just found the Beach Boys too samey. I tried, after seeing Pet Sounds as "the best album ever" in a poll one time, but grew bored quickly. I don't doubt their talent, just don't like their sound.

Thanks for the info, will listen to some of their stuff later, maybe I'll change my opinion.

This. It has No One Knows and Go With the Flow, so normies love the shit out of it. Era Vulgaris and Like Clockwork are vastly superior.

only correct post

this bullshit. why are people pretending this is actually good?

Fuck, Stop Making Sense is their live album lmao excuse me

Your list of best albums is almost exactly like mine

You're nice, user

I've never seen him overrate something this hard

I dig TDS and PHM but Fragile is very weak

This

Underrated

i mean, yeah
Despite the fact that it's their best, it's just above mediocre at best
I hold the apparently contrarian opinion that the reprise of the title track is the best on the album
It's just groovy, man

So you dislike can for a reason thats completely unrelated to their music. True patrician right here

Never said I dislike them, my dude
I only said they're overrated
In fact I think Tago Mago is a great album, just not deserving of nearly the amount of praise it gets, especially around here on Sup Forums
Stop strawmanning >:l

Hey, I thought I was the only one.

Even if theyre overrated here and a few online communities they are still underrated as a whole. Even jaki's death didnt inflate them to bowie level of postmortem fandom

It's pretty easy to tell when an album is overrated. Before listening to any album reccomended to me, I always skip to the end. If the last 5 seconds are silence, it's trash pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

I like 3 songs on it but the rest is boring

BE GONE!

I enjoy all 80 minutes to be completely honest

I enjoy literally every song on this monster, never lost my attention

Everything by Swans.

no one is overrating fucking Nero

Among people who have rated them, they're overrated. The millions who have never heard their music are irrelevant.

>Merzbow, at least on Sup Forums
there's like a 90/10 hate/like ratio for him on here

Kid A

your favourite album

This

>Bait in 5K
>3KB
>300x168
Whoever made this could've at least tried