Can we take a break from the Let It Be/Beatles posting and have a CKY thread...

Can we take a break from the Let It Be/Beatles posting and have a CKY thread? The 16 year old in me is pumped for the new album, but I have nobody IRL to talk with about it.

Previews:
>Replaceable
youtu.be/DG0YNLxq4q8
>Days of Self-Destruction
youtu.be/b0Hc-9w2vqE
>Head For A Breakdown
youtu.be/1LHf93t22EE

I'm mainly curious whether people are pleasantly surprised or disgusted by an iteration of the band sans Deron Miller and whether non-fans find this new material more/less interesting than the previous records. It felt very strange this morning to see CoS debuting a track from guys I'm used to people dismissing as "that Jackass band."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZejRBdJlqxo
youtube.com/watch?v=LlxIcDHDD2o
youtube.com/watch?v=w0eE2NCDsu4
youtube.com/watch?v=QbU3ZymPbYk
discogs.com/Camp-Kill-Yourself-Volume-1/release/7547458
youtu.be/EDcHoy6Lub4?t=2m33s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can we talk about 96 Quite Bitter Beings being sampled in this utter shitfest of a song?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZejRBdJlqxo

I will say that the production initially put me off. These some struck me as excessively mastered. It's a very loud album. It bothered me less with repeated listens as I picked apart the layers.

Oh God, I'm having flashbacks to the Alliance forums.

sounds like every other generic buttrock band. RIP CKY.

Care to elaborate? Nothing about it sounds generic to me. My first exposure to DoSD was on the radio and it stuck out like a diamond in the rough. I get much more of an 80s glam vibe than anything else, complete with gratuitous duelling solos at the end. You don't hear a lot of Moog on generic buttrock either.

if you put this song on for me without telling me what it was i would just think it was some generic rock band. it sounds nothing like cky. i also dont listen to music like this so maybe thats why i think its generic. im talking about head for a breakdown btw. dsod sounds more cky-ish but im not really feeling it. i miss deron ;-;

Sounds like Chad's solo album. Should be pretty good.

Sounds horribly over-produced, the riffs are generic and Chad is on shit form here. Like it or not, they need Deron and Deron needs them.

t. Deron Facebook fuccboi
Explain to me what you think "overproduced" means.

I can see your point about Head For A Breakdown, even if I think the acoustic guitar stuff sounds very reminiscent of Volume 1. I disagree about DoSD. It sounds like a spiritual sequel in the Hellview saga. Replaceable has an even more classic sound to me, in terms of riffage. Personally, I'm having a lot of fun hearing a more danceable version of what CKY can do.

central kentucky

No deron, no cky. Chad is a pentatonic effects wanker who thinks he's vai and gg allin, but is just a cheap imitation.

fuck you sir !
youtube.com/watch?v=LlxIcDHDD2o

Hollup!!! They makin a new album??!!

yee

Days is eh for me but I love Replaceable and Head for a Breakdown. Very eager to buy the album. CKY is definitely a band I've loved for a long time.

Replaceable had me hooked. The swagger is infectious. This pre-order is the first time I've bought a band shirt in two years.

>No Deron, no CKY
And yet.

What did you think of Galactic Prey? The guy is slowly unlearning how to write songs.

better than anything cky put out recently. fight me niggas
youtube.com/watch?v=w0eE2NCDsu4

Megadexria is a classic, fuCKYou

These new songs are embarrasing

Literally just stealing Derons guitar style/riffing with complete buttock cringe inducing bad vocals and lyrics as subtle as diarrhea.

All 3 of the main CKY members are manchildren but Deron could actually write songs. Sad

I loved CKY as a teen as well but this is just lame. It lacks any of the old CKY vibe and just sounds like generic buttrock like some other anons said.

Which CKYAlliance faggot is shilling Chads awful new music?

Damion? Tony Dubz? Tuneman? Reveal yourself senpai

CKY has always been over produced stoner rock.
Which of course is the worst type of stoner rock.

I like it and the new CKY songs. I also liked Chad's solo album and some of Galactic Prey. I guess I just don't take sides and just enjoy all of the new music.

just lurk /r/cky and see all the dickriders there

Music sounds like a good Deron Miller rip off but the vocals/lyrics are just horrible.

shit intended fornot

>I guess I just don't take sides and just enjoy all of the new music
I don't take sides either. Never like FO or Chad's solo stuff. Don't like new CKY either. They need a nude erection
youtube.com/watch?v=QbU3ZymPbYk

>couldnt even write 10 songs for the album

lol chad be strugglin

>name is chad
>not actually a chad

The production on that album was atrocious. Deron sorely needed Chad's production to create decent sounding vocals and his new guy doesn't have the touch.

>Deron invented the OC-2
Here's your (You). They wrote songs that sound like CKY. If they did that, guys like you will call it ripping off Deron. If they made something completely different, guys like will call it generic. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I liked Jess' post on AskCKY ripping apart the "stoner rock" label. It's meaningless.

I really enjoy the vocals. Chad's dry vocals (Replaceable) sound better than Deron's pitch corrected, multi-effects vocals. I like the lyrics so far. The album is heading in a more personal direction than normal for them, which is a good thing. The alternative would be songs about a carnival where people get murdered, like Deron is writing now.

>jess is tall
>bam is a manlet

I always like derons dumb word salad-y lyrics

>their voices almost sound exactly the same

>chads vocals on these songs sound good

can you get a trip as Le Chad Defener already, jesus christ man

this shit sucks. yeah deron is an alcoholic ass but he is still CKY. chad is a glorified producer.

Deron is my waifu

Chad is BAD

Jess is a mess

Matt is fat

Bring back oiL but replace Jess with the fat bald drummer from H.I.M.

I liked some of them. Lost In A Contraption is glorious word salad. It just gives me a chuckle that some people are ripping into these new lyrics as being far inferior to such gems as "Lock me up inside my room, leave me without toys and food." Chad writes very different types of lyrics, no doubt, but that in itself isn't a bad thing. For my money, "love to see you suffer, I'm obviously doing great" is my favorite lyric in a rock song this year. It's got balls.

Gas quit and killed the band on his way out. Shit sucks.

I didn't realize Sup Forums had a rule about liking things you don't like.

oiL without Jess is pretty much 96 Bitter Beings.

so young and full of hope

>(((Limited)))

deceit is striking gold

Outtake from the Carver City sessions almost a decade old now. Deron overdubbed some extra guitar and sang on it to make a "new" song for MechaShitty. It still has Jess' drums for fuck sake.

The new CKY songs are new and properly recorded, not old MP3s with overdubbed new parts.

I like the scratch take that became Conditioned Or Unconditional, but Replaceable has it beat as a dancey track.

Remember when Chad dissed Mave

>Outtake from the Carver City sessions
Didn't know that. No wonder why it's good.

There are a limited number of blank CD-Rs at Deron's house at any given time, user. That's limited.

I think it more or less morphed into Afterworld. They're very similar.

do you think he still has some? I want one of these
discogs.com/Camp-Kill-Yourself-Volume-1/release/7547458

1. IDR
2. Volume 1

POWER GAP

3. AACBF

POWER GAP

4. Carver City

He'd probably make you one for $50.

>rating AACBF over CC
Get a load of this bait. ...And She Never Returned slays everything on AACBF.

CC is garbage, talk about overproduced shite

CKY is one of my favorite bands.

Other favorites include HIM, Turbonegro, Fireball Ministry, Death, The 69 Eyes, KISS, Clutch, Graveyard, GG Allin, the list goes on..

I think Don't Hold Your Breath is a better ballad than Era Of An End.

AACBF is more consistent in terms of quality, but CC hits higher highs. When it's good, it's really good.

You gave me a sensible chuckle, user. Though the joke is on me, because I like all of those bands except Ministry and Kiss. Radio Bam was a great place to find new music until he discovered rap.

If Carver City had been
>Hellions On Parade
>And She Never Returned
>Rats In The Infirmary
>Imaginary Threats
>The Boardwalk Body
>A#1 Roller Rager
>Doubled Up On Trauma
>Old Carver's Bones
>Stripped Your Speech
it would've been perfect.

rather have bam as a vocalist
youtu.be/EDcHoy6Lub4?t=2m33s

>12 posters
>53 replies
Why are you doing this to yourselves, deron chad and jess?

kek. not like there's anywhere else to talk about cky.

I don't think Chad's a bad vocalist. It took me a few listens of his solo album and the new CKY songs but I'm pretty used to his vocals now and like them.