What do you guys think of Run the Jewels?

What do you guys think of Run the Jewels?

Personally, they're probably my favorite rappers our right now. Was slightly underwhelmed with RTJ3, but their second album is probably one of my favorites in last decade.

>>>/reddit/

Unfrotunately, I think they've had their time, and they should call it quits while theyre ahead.

I like Run the Jewels a fair bit, but their sound is already dated. Fun songs, and it'll be a source of nostalgia for me down the line, but their schtick is up.

I just found them and i quite like them. great music to smoke weed to.

RTJ 3 was literally that. I hope they reinvent their sound or do something different for their next album.

like them alot. my RTJ3 vinyl just came today in fact.
i think they can be pretty cringy in how they act and perform but the music strikes enough of a chord with me that i can forget that

1>3>2
1 was their only good release. DDFH, sea legs, twin hype back, no come down, Christmas fuckig miracle. Great production and killer mikes best RTJ verses

meh

>cuck the jewels

Honestly just can't get into them. I've heard a few off of what I think was RTJ3 which I like because they seemed more mature and mellowed out. When they're doing the aggressive politically charged shit they seem like out of touch old men and it's seriously cheesy af IMO. And it's not that I just don't like aggressive hip-hop, they just never did it in a way I enjoyed. All this being said I haven't listened to any of their albums all the way through, just some singles and bits of other songs.

They're both amazing rappers but I find their beats kind of weak. For all three albums I've listened, enjoyed the songs for a few days, then never listened again. Plus all of their songs kind of sound the same.

RTJ 1 and 2 were incredible
RTJ 3 was medicore. Anyways they are too mainstream for me now.

>too mainstream for me now

Kindly hang yourself.

mm i wish they'd do more experimental stuff like el-p is good at. pop rap isn't really either of their true games
you sound like a cunt
mainstream isnt a buzz word its referring to poppier hip hop songs. their third album is far more radio and pop friendly than the last. compare it to el-ps work on cold vein or fantastic damage, for example

DG gets a lot of flak for being 'this generation's Limp Bizkit' but apart from the music itself RTJ fulfills that niche better.

Ok I can understand that.

>73329461
>apart from the music itself

I like them mostly because it's heartwarming that these two rappers that only rap nerds liked for 20 years became bffs and went on to be really popular. That said, each album has been weaker than the previous one and RTJ 1 wasn't as good as C4C or R.A.P. Music.

Still looking forward to seeing them in November with Danny Brown though.

Their "shtick"? So El-P is doing something radically different than he has for the last 20 years? Not sure I understand. Please, enlighten me.

RTJ2 is their best project by a mile, and even though they're not as experimental as a group with El-P involved deserves to be, they're still fun. Only good tracks on RTJ3 are the final 3 imo.

Great

But in terms of their solo work

El-p > Killer Mike

>their sound is already dated

What the fuck are you talking about

Do you even know what dated means?

You want to know dated?

Waka Flocka circa 2011 sounds dated

RTJ, whether you like them or not, has the benefit of production that is weird enough that it's hard to place on a specific time

Waka Flocka circa 2011 sound better than ever

I think RTJ2 will sound fresh forever

>Waka Flocka circa 2011 sounds dated

lol

go back to your aesop rock playlist, nephew

>Implying lex luger beats aged well

For the record I'm not even really a fan of RTJ or Aesop Rock for that matter

I enjoy it but Lex Luger's take on the trap sound didn't age well for the most part.

RTJ3 was weak shit.

El-P is one of the best producers in the game and I'm pretty sure he peaked in this style with RTJ2 and now RTJ and what people are expecting is holding him back. He needs to make another solo album or an instrumental album and push himself.

Killer Mike needed to spend less time fucking around in politics and more time writing verses because he was really shit on RTJ3. I suspect he's pretty aware that his new P4Kcore and 16 year old audience doesn't even know so why bother.

>dated
Literally how

id like them more if they weren't so hype about talking about how much better they are than other rappers considering they're literal whos

anyone else felt the 2nd half of rtj3 was just really fucking boring

>literal whos
Maybe if you've never listened to hiphop before