How did Matthew McConaughey survive going through a black hole?

How did Matthew McConaughey survive going through a black hole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H5SPYjhdK_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was the power of love

Exactly, how!? This movie was a retarded piece of shit.

Matter is actually wavy, same as radiations and the scientific community just discovered that radiations probably can escape a black hole

BRAVO NOLAN DOES IT AGAIN

i read that once you reach the event horizon, you would briefly see the death of the universe and then get turned to spaghetti, but apparently you enter some magical bookcase instead wtf?

>survive
guess who didn't get the movie

Future humans saved him you fucking mongs

He didn't go "through"

I thought you could survive falling into a black hole if it was big enough, as spaghettification is caused by the sharp increase in gravity, or am I wrong and Sup Forums is right?

Well I survived going through your mom.

he didn't

You wouldn't actually experience the falling, you'd just get stuck in time as you hit the event horizon.

He is still there

youtube.com/watch?v=H5SPYjhdK_I

>just discovered
Not really, Susskind discovered that shit a while ago. Also, I think you're misinterpreting the implications.

Lincoln's have climate control and 5-star rated safety system from JD Power and Associates

>tfw you wish faster than light travel was possible and easily accessible so you can visit the nearest black hole and fly into it

Not even suicidal, I just think it would be a great way to go

Can you not suspend disbelief for one moment even for a science FICTION film? Are you that autistic?

But you wouldn't necessarily "go". You might get into an eternal limbo with your current thoughts and feelings.

This you morons
You are willing to accept future humans built the dimension crossing gravity manipulating device inside the black hole but can't fathom how they might also saved Cooper from being crushed by the gravity?

Love never trancended space and time, only Gravity did.

That line in the trailer is a pleb filter.

Love was just Cooper's Motivation.

Coop sends himself into the black hole to reduce weight and gave Anne Hathaway the best chance for survival.

The black hole contains a tessaract, which Coop assumes was made by futuristic multidimensional humans. The ascended humans needed a method to read the gravity data from inside the black hole so they could exist in the first place, and the method of this transferal would be the love between Coop and Murph.

The tesseract is basically a 3-dimensional representation of the entire timeline of the library. Coop is able to manipulate things in the library such as the orientation of objects, etc, and the whole plan hinges on him using the room to send himself into the future so he can deliver the data to Murph, which requires Murph figuring out that the 'ghost' is her dad through the connection established in things like "STAY" and tugging on the watch's hands.

He completed his task of transmitting the data before being shunted through the wormhole in time to see he daughter die.

Read the short book of Kip Thorne where he explains every single theory he used in Interstellar.
Stop pretending to be super massive fast rotational black hole experts.

You can find the pdf online for free

>You might get into an eternal limbo with your current thoughts and feelings.

I'm already there m8

It would be incredibly painful are you stupid? You'll get spaghettified.

Anyone else was scared when he flew into the black hole? The fact that it was pitch fucking black and seeing that hole of space close behind him was terrifying.

he didn't actually went through a real black hole, is a movie so it was special effects and filming techniques

You sure?

You're correct, although this is only possible in theory and is high unlikely because of the sharp increase in gravity as you approach a point of infinite density

/thread

positively, it would have increased the budget at least a couple of million dollars more

Pure kino

I personally loved this movie, and the 3 hour runtime just flew by for me

same

i dont get this meme

People heard the line in the trailer and assumed that's how it happened.

Anything to shit on Nolan, right?

He threatened to tell it a joke.

If you would have taken the first 40 minutes of the film and taken it down to 20 and the last 30 minutes of the film and taken and change it completely. Interstellar would have been a nice 8/10

People in the future built a time machine in it

Ignoring anne hathaway's plea to follow the pull of love caused the death of everyone except cooper and anne hathaway. As wave-staring-idiot died on miller's planet, black man died on mann's planet, then when catowman gets to edumund's planet, she finds, during the time she's spent wasting listening to cooper, edmund was killed by a rockslide.

Then, inside the black hole, cooper realizes love is the only way he'll navigate an exploded three dimensional representation of four dimensional spacetime to the proper coordinates to send a meaningful message.

So love is literally a fundamental force of the universe in interstellar.

Because the movie is stupid

Tesseracts

The black hole was never dangerous. 4th dimensional future humans created a forth dimensional cube and folded it into a 3 dimensional space so McConaughey could navigate it. Because the black hole was artificial to begin with it never had a singularity in the center. As for why they didn't just make the center wider tk prevent him from losing his spaceship that part is obvious. McConaughey was always going to survive and because they were from the future and always knew he would they didn't bother making him too comfortable since they already knew he'd make it.

WITH LOVE TARS, LOVE

>painful

Is it? No seriously do you even get to experience it considering your legs and head are a thousand years apart?

Gravity
Martian
my poop lol
Interstellar

in that order.

>t would be incredibly painful
>not extremely
Stop redditing.

Nobody knows what happens after the event horizon. What we know is that time goes by much faster there, so even if you survived after falling inside a black hole, by the time you got out everyone who ever lived would be dead, and the universe would be frozen. So stay the fuck away from black holes, they're bad news

no

Not so fast!

My main beef with this movie. Who the fuck thought the planet near the black hole would've been a good place for humanity to "drift". Every hour on the surface is like 7 years everywhere else. How is that any kind of existence for humanity. Why not go on to the next planet & circle back if you get a chance? They had NO reason to go to the surface.

Yes, every decision made by anyone in the movie was idiotic and existed only to drive the plot forward.

It's just a pop film.

>the black hole was artificial

i always forget that important detail. in the movie they word it "someone put it there" so by the time it's relevant 2 hours later, I'm wondering how the fuck he survives.

That's the wormhole you mean right? The black hole was Gargantua right? That wasn't artificial was it?

Nah, you'd still die of thirst and hunger. A black hole doesn't magically suspend biological limitations (assuming you aren't ripped to shreds first)

>4th dimensional future humans
The humans Anne and Coop will be raising at the end of the movie?

Weren't they intercepting a signal from one of the previous scientists? They went to pick him/her up.

fugg
*slaps forehead*

This

underrated post

Thanks for pointing this out , it gave me a hearty one.

The larger a black hole is, the shallower the tidal forces.

A supermassive black hole would have very shallow tidal forces and likely would not rip you apart if you came near it or descended past the event horizon.

... I'll need some peer reviewed sauce on that

The event horizon is the point where one direction becomes all directions. So it doesn't matter how big the event horizon is. At some point, every part of your body is going to be moving in all directions relative to the rest of you.

This is moot anyway, as its established future humans protected cooper from being torn apart by 5D space gravity love magic, then traced him back out again with the same magic.

I wish I could see this again in 70mm Imax :(

They used a stunt double

I stop watching Interstellar as soon as this blackhole scene happens. That's when the movie becomes utter shit.

He survived purely on the merit of Hans Zimmer's music.

The most ridiculous part of this movie was the Matt Damon character.

They even said he was the best of the best of the best and he would Fucking lie about his planet and basically end humanity?

Yeah Bullshit.

>with the same magic
I don't think it's the fact that Nolan's story was full of holes, but rather the magic part.

But whatever, I'm not really in the camp that throws autistic hissy fits over this shit.

he was a man

without love

Really? THAT'S what trigger your autism? Not the retarded time dilation on Ocean World? Not the fact that they apparently lack eyesight because they couldn't tell Ocean World was uninhabitable without landing on it? Not the fact that travelling thru a wormhole is flatly impossible? Not the 45 minutes set on Earth with MUH DIRTFARM shit that went literally nowhere?

is there any other movie as soul crushingly depressing as this one? ive yet to find one that comes close

Seriously? Yes

Most Von Trier films
Most Haneke films
Most Bergman films
Most Cassavetes films
Most Bresson films

This bothers me the most aswell
And all the love shit

nono, I mean stuff that came out in the last five years with a huge marketing budget made by americans.

you can take your artsy fartsy foriegn bullshit and jam it up your gay ass

>I mean stuff that came out in the last five years with a huge marketing budget made by americans
13 hours

>MUH 4 INNOCENT FREEDOM FIGHTERS!!!

He wore a condom.

Core strength

all hacks

get some taste dude

he died in a plane crash right at the start

the whole movie was his hallucination

>all hacks
Tell me what you think when you're over the age of 18

Literally the only good thing about this movie was Zimmer's brilliant score.

I thought it was overbearing. In fact, when I first heard that it would be mostly organ music, I got my hopes up that it would be something more along the lines of Bach's organ works.

They could've come back for her years later and she would've never known the difference though

it's not about huggin trees, but it's not about being wasteful either

FACT: If you play church organs super loud you'll be fine when passing through a black hole

MUUUUUUUURRRPH

"Survive?" the black hole ??? You should use an adverb "barely" before a verb "survive"... At least, that is what I thought from watching a film. Thank to the state of arts that a film didn't fell in short, user.

love

his youtube channel has so little activity that it makes me feel bad for him

>suspend disbelief for one moment even for a science FICTION film
yeah i can do that, for fiction/fantasy star trek

i can even do that but seldom need to in europa report, alien, 2001 odyssey,

but when nolan pays some physicists like Kip Thorne and Neil Tyson to shill and hype the movie as the next best HARD scifi flick, yeah no i cant suspend as far as going into fantasy territory, but that's not even solely why interstellar is shitty;

as a whole, its cliché and even predictable/guessable, i guess i was lucky but could have guessedn wrong, but there were only so much that could happen when early on you have a fact exposition with some pre-estabilished fantasious

interestellar isnt hard scifi, why even bother fake marteking it that way. fuck nolan, at least i hesitated and didnt give that lying fucker any money for it, pirated and was quite disapointed

I'd got spaghettified often times

DONT NEED MONEY

Aren't we all already there?

>It would be incredibly painful
You're a big black hole

pretty much this; is not that hard to get.

is Nolan, for fuck's sake. how is there so many misconceptions about the film?

...yeah, it's obvious, what you just said

Wait, you mean to tell me retards thought that 'power of love' alone allowed him to send the info into the past?

Holy fuck, it will never cease to amaze me how stupid people are

How fucking far away does one has to be for a black hole to look as close as this??
Wouldn't it take years for his ship to even reach its gravitational pull?

be real honest though, did you hold your breath in during docking scene?

i know people throw around breathtaking as a buzzword but that scene was legit first time in a long time when i actually held my breath