Song is political

>song is political

I can't be alone in thinking that politics in music is just dumb, right? Maybe it is just because I am a politically literate adult and logical so "political music" in all forms just comes off as propaganda to me, but clearly people get something out of it. What say out?

All songs are political in some sense, even if it means just following norms. sometimes it's better to just be out in the open than be insidious and subversive.

There will always be that one guy who goes

>hurr durr, if it's sung it's a political statement.

Cut those out of your life.

can frogposters fuck off back to pol and r9k

lel

If the lyrics are badly written then it doesn't really matter but if it makes a good point and is well written then it can make a song

Listen to instrumentals then

>I'm a stoner I'm a stoner I'm stoned
>I'm a stoner I'm a stoner I'm stoned

And there he fucking is.

It's true though

people have opinions and stances that contribute to feelings and it just so happens that a lot of the time that reflects in lyrics

Is Sup Forums the Williamsburg to Sup Forums's New York City? Why is it completely unable to handle any of the culture?

Yes, in some sense, but not in the sense I'm speaking. There's a difference between existing within some political context that influences your art and making an intentional statement on political affairs.

Refusing to define things doesn't make you intelligent.

Political songs are my favorite. Music should depict the world it comes from it shouldn't be divorced from the issues of society.

>when a band from one country writes a song about a political situation in another country .

>I like music that's hokey and dated

Politics isn't just whatever is trendy. Any message has some level of political influence.

>Maybe it is just because I am a politically literate adult and logical so "political music" in all forms just comes off as propaganda to me
wew plen

It should be natural. It should come about from an artist communicating their personal struggles. But most of the time it's people being cringey, either because they are just completely uninformed, "edgy," or conspiracy theorists.

>Any message has some level of political influence.

We won

What do you want us to define, your arrogance or ignorance?

Maybe the point is how disconnected the listener is from their wavelength. If everyone can relate or empathize with what they are saying it can't be very special.

Yeah, pretty much, take a look at all the people in grimes threads getting triggered because people added "fag" to their waifu's name

who's we?

Because frogposting is reddit shit.

Didn't read