Fuck Sup Forums I fucked up...

Fuck Sup Forums I fucked up. On my Samsung J3 Emgerge SM-J327P I was in my settings and accidentally disabled OEM unlock, then rebooted a couple hours later without remembering to re-enable it. Now my phone just displays this shit. I can get into download mode for Odin but I can't do anything else and I don't want to lose my files, please help.

Other urls found in this thread:

techalike.com/how-to-fix-bricked-samsung-galaxy-j3/
developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html
androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120715171
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NR9JE30/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Download Kies and re-install firmware. That'll wipe your device but you can re-root it later.
Don't worry, it'll be fine.

just delete system32,it'll be just fiiiiine

I can't lose the files I have on here though, is there any way to get them off first?

>Samsung J3 Emgerge SM-J327P
techalike.com/how-to-fix-bricked-samsung-galaxy-j3/

You can't. You pretty much have to take it back to your carrier and get it fixed. You cant do shit with FRP lock failures. I don't even think a custom wipe will work.

I have the phone and firmware files though

Wrong model

Those are for the j320, the j3 emerge is j327

Damn. I guess I'll just use Odin and a stock J327P ROM I got from Samsung's site.

Thanks guys. I'm pissed about losing everything but at least I'll still have a phone.

This is a lesson to ALWAYS BACKUP IMPORTANT FILES.

Fucking Google Drive is like 100 gigs for 2 bucks a month. Also get an SD card and put important shit there. At least you'll be able to restore from the SD card.

Get the files from Updato, they should have the AP files you can flash from Odin. And I also bricked my phone trying to root it. I was supposed to wipe the /data partition before I flashed the SU binary to get root.

This.

/thread

Kies doesn't support the J3 Emerge, I just tried it
Yeah. I'll have to be more careful about that now, thanks.

Also I'm about to go through with Odin, do I need all 4 of the files or just the AP one?

Can't /thread yet. He said he has the J327P, which is most likely the Sprint model. He won't be able to use the Kies method since he'll need a serial number for his phone but Sprint are cucks and usually don't have one for the Samsung models. He can call and try to get it, but all he really needs are the firmware files which he can get from firmware sites, like Updato.

I got the firmware files from some XDA thread for J3 users, my phone's already bricked so it can't hurt to use it

Yeah this is good advice. OP you should go to XDA and make a thread or look for someone whose had the same problem

Afaik no, try emergency recovery maybe it'll not wipe user files (but I'm not sure).

I would flash all of them, won't hurt I guess.. Last time I was stupid and downloaded and flashed the test ROM that is installed before the "official" ROM and then I flashed the official one but only the AP file, and it got it up and running but I didn't have wifi nor 4G. I ended up having to flash all 4 of the files and everything worked again.
XDA is fine too. You sure you got the J327P files right and not the J320 ones?

Also you on Sprint or Boost?

Fuck wait, you probably can recover some files. Have you flashed TWRP yet? If so it has a file manager and you can even ADB push or just use the file manager to move files to an SD card or USB OTG flash drive or whatever.

Actually maybe not. Since the device is encrypted you'll have to wipe /data before you can interact with the partitions. Which you'll end up where you already are.

Kies doesn't work with the Sprint J3 so sadly that's not an option.

Definitely J327P, and I have Sprint.

I was certain I had TWRP installed but now I can't boot into it at all. It was the first thing I tried.

Damn, that sucks. Maybe try to reflash it and see if you can boot into recovery? If not, try to reflash the stock recovery and then TWRP

Do you have adb (android debug bridge) on your computer? Maybe you can shell into it in other boot modes.

developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html

Maybe try to flash the original boot.img and see if that will work.

I still have the original TWRP file I used when I rooted it in the first place, should I try flashing that before the stock OS?

I have ADB but I have no clue how to use it.

Use Heimdall frontend to flash a blank firmware onto it, then make sure you don't wipe the User partition

He probably didnt enable USB debugging beforehand.
Try to reflash TWRP right now before you wipe the phone. And then try to boot into recovery.

Also what did you use to root? Chainfire's SuperSU, Magisk, or something else?

I couldn't get Heimdall to work last time I had my S5. I think Odin works better for Samsung phones. Maybe I'm too nigger to learn how to use it.

Flash stock firmware and factory reset.

Restore files from backup.

Interesting, never heard of it before. I'll look into that next.

I'm pretty sure I used Chainfire but it was like 6 months ago. For TWRP do I put the .img in the AP slot?

TWRP should be a .tar file or .tar.md5 and yeah AP slot

androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120715171

That should be the latest TWRP for the J327P in Odin in the AP slot

Cool, thanks. It's stuck on SetupConnection right now but hopefully it'll get going.

Oh wait there's a new line of code on my phone screen that says "Custom binary(recovery) blocked by FRP lock"

I guess I'll just have to go for the stock OS flash

Oh yeah, turn off your phone and set it to download mode if you can. Before you turn it on, hold the power button + the volume down key + the home button all at the same time. It should be in download mode and then try to flash TWRP.

Yeah I'm in download mode, I'll reboot back into download mode and see if I can get TWRP going though.

Nah the FRP lock is going to fuck you over. This is why I said in my earlier post you might be shit out of luck with even the reflashing of the firmware.

If you can't boot into recovery, just pass on trying to recover with TWRP.

Yeah that seems to be the issue. After TWRP fails I get the message on my phone about FRP lock.

Also Heimdall won't even boot up (something about a missing .DLL) so I'll just use Odin.

reflash stock, sell it and buy a real phone

Try the firmware files now then. Hopefully that will go through.

But yeah man, get an SD card and I'd pay 2 bucks for the 100 gigs of Google Drive. Probably the cheapest paid cloud service out there atm. You might need to pay for a paid app though to sync tons of files at once because you can only upload one file at a time with the shitty stock Google Drive app. It's absolutely retarded that they don't have any sync options built in.

what kind of retard keeps important files only on their phone?

The OS flash went through fine. I'm really bummed about losing everything, I saw the little Android sitting there as it booted up and said "Erasing..." under it and it hurt to look at.

Thanks for everything Anons, I should be solid now. Usually Sup Forums's pretty filled with schmucks but you guys helped me out when I had nowhere else to turn to.

This retard.

Np man. Best of luck out there, and remember to back your files from now on.

Heimdall basically is Odin with more manual controls.

>Samsung J3 Ermahgerd SM-J327P

You can try buying a USB jig.

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NR9JE30/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well I'm retarded

Anyways, Odin is more noob friendly than Heimdall imo.

You probably tripped knox rip

FRP is an Android thing.

flash your fucking stock rom or some custom rom and you will be fine