>renowned brilliant scientist believes in the birth of Christ

atheist fags BTFO

Good point.

I'll be monitoring this thread

>not knowing what "B.C." and "A.D." mean

Never change, Sup Forums.

>renounced brilliant scientist believes jesus was born on december 25

I mean.

You don't have to be christian to believe that Christ was a real guy.

There's many hystorical documents independant of the bible that, even if they don't agree on the date or circumstances of his birth, can verify that he was a real guy who existed once.

>renowned
>Doc Brown

Any real scientist with a time machine christian or atheist would check it out just to see the truth

I guess he can join the list alongside fucking einstein

Christ probably did exist in some capacity though. Also
>December 25th
Not so brilliant after all

>scientist
>thinks there was a year 0

>not using the most convenient and widespread calendar when the start point is fucking arbitrary anyway

>renowned brilliant scientist

What? Doc was discredited and treated as a crazy laughingstock by the scientific community. Why else do you think he was working in his garage instead of a lab?

There was no year zero.

These tbhwy

He literally says Birth of Christ. Although you'd think he would be aware the date was changed later.

I also believe a guy named john smith was real. By virtue of the fact its a very common name.

see also: jesus

Yeah but December 25th was not his date of birth. The 25th was already popular in pagan religious celebrations.

>DEC 25

Looks like he was trying to travel to Saturnalia, not Jesus's birthday.

>renowned scientist doesn't know that there was no year zero and the calendar went from December 31, 1 BC to January 1, 1 AD
>plebs on this board don't understand that this is why end in years starting with zero and new decades begin in years starting with one (so 2000 was the last year of the '90s as well as the 20th century and second millennium and 2010 was the last year of the '00s)

You know what he meant. Stop being a smart ads

To be fair, decade delination does just go from 0 to 9, because who gives a fuck about the fashion trends of the first ten years of the Gregorian calendar?

OR he was just using it as a clear and easy to understand point to explain that he has a time machine as most people understand what christmas is as a modern holiday and the date associated with it, even if it was not truly the day of christs birth? NAH MUST BE A SHIT MOVIE INSTEAD. ALSO ...BANE?!

Yes, hes talking about the "historical jesus" crap. Which is basically meaningless.

I mean if i had a time machine I would probably do the same thing eventually If for no other reason than to see what everybody got wrong.

Why is it meaningless?

robert zemeckis is a right-wing christfag

explains why mars needs moms was homophobic and beowulf was a horror movie about a christless world

Because the only reason anyone cares if a person named jesus existed during that time period is because hes constantly referenced in a religious text. So they research to find if a person named jesus existed, he did, because its a common name, and declare the matter shut.

You want to really bake your noodle?

We don't actually know what year it is right now.

Right now, we assume it's the year 2016, but that's based on a unanimous decision made by the church about 700 years ago, before which no one could agree on the exact date, because time keeping and records up to that point were spotty and hugely prone to human error. It's entirely possible we're "missing" up to 300 years.

The *actual* date right now, might be somewhere in the 1700s.

whoaaaaa bro

pass that dank good good my main memer

>There's many hystorical documents independant of the bible that

No, there's one if i recall correctly, and it's vague at best. Did you just make something up and claim it was fact? How are you that stupid?

i thought Doc was Christ

>go back in time do some mircle science shit
>zip back to the future
>people in past thought he died
>zips to the past again
>think he's resurrected

Hey guys, it was a joke in a movie.

Reminder that Sup Forums used to be atheist until Reddit became atheist, and since this site is contrarian, everyone here now is pretending to be Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell.

Likewise, Sup Forums used to mock the shit out of the Star Wars prequels and praised Redlettermedia. After TFA came out, this board suddenly changed its tune and began writing essays how the prequels are kino, and dismissing RLM as "Reddit letter media".

It'd be pretty cool if the "dark ages" were just a math error.

Actually that kinda stands to reason.

upboated le tipping frenzy thread

>contrarian

Reminder that reddit literally invented that word to explain why people had opinions other than them.

he was there to kill the guy so there would be no bullshit to waste time for humanity

u should have lurked moar famalad

That's total bullshit because historical records exist in places like Istanbul, Persia, etc. that corroborate the passage of time. What's more, physicists can even use star maps from the era to determine how long ago it was. There's no way we're 300 years off from the Roman era.

It must suck to be a man named jesus around 1BC. Time travelers always coming back to murder you before you found some religion, even though the biblical jesus is entirely fictional and invented centuries later.

That would definitely explain the book of mormon. Ya know, other than joseph smith being a fraud.

>Reminder that Sup Forums used to be atheist until Reddit became atheist

Im not sure when exactly things changed honestly.
I think its Poes Law honestly, with the Sup Forums shit and the euphoric meme shit

Problem being, the Gregorian calendar is only 400 years old, was cobbled together by jesuit monks with no real way to verify anything, and really exists only to make the catholic church the source of time in the civilized world.

2011-2014 was when the change happened.

religion threads were epic trolling

The epic trolls just got more ingenious as time went on

People who agree with what they were saying were easily convinced by their rat's nests of tangled logic.

Basically, smart people pretending to be dumb will generate better arguments for stupidity than than dumb people will be able to, thus causing those dumb people to feel they're in good company on Sup Forums.

That's almost the exact opposite of the history of the Gregorian Calendar, which was approved to be formulated by the council of Trent and implemented by papal decree. Furthermore, the 1500s were the height of the Renaissance with large amounts of knowledge documented and available, and on top of that, human beings are fucking amazing at timekeeping. Every culture in the world figured out the solar year was 365 days even though seasons can be a fickle lot and most figured out leap years.

The Gregorian calendar wasn't "cobbled together by some monks", it was extremely well-researched, with an accuracy level of one day "off" every 3000 years.

It's just a pop film.

>Being contrarian about a fucking word