Why doesn't everybody own a gun? Wouldn't the world be safer. Bad guys already have guns...

Why doesn't everybody own a gun? Wouldn't the world be safer. Bad guys already have guns. Why shouldn't law abiding citizens be armed as well? Is it because the government wants to be able to control their ppl with out threat of retaliation. Or would it actually make for a more dangerous society. Would more guns deter criminals or create more?

Other urls found in this thread:

pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, hard to say. "Bad guys already have guns" is not true in most civilized countries. I'll keep mine as long as everyone else in America has them though, that's for sure.

I think what would happen is that fights that might have ended with a few black eyes would start ending in gunfire. Or road rage that would have ended with a middle finger would start ending in shootouts.

We don't need another wild west where everyone is strapped all the time.

Yeah the problem is people can't be trusted to be responsible. The more guns there are, the more guns there are in the hands of irresponsible people. People can't even be trusted with cars or democracy.

>Knows nothing about gun free zones.
Ok Piers Morgan

>Why doesn't everybody own a gun?

Escalation of force.

Everyone owns a gun, they'll be robbing people with bazookas, dipshit.

Think about most people. Then think about them with a gun.

I live in Texas. Land of dip cups and dip shits. I live in constant terror some fuck nut trying to "protect" us all is going to shoot me in the dick.

>Yeah the problem is people can't be trusted to be responsible.
>people can't be trusted
Trust people to take my guns because we cannot trust people.

Thinks places like Texas have those.

>I live in constant terror
You're right, we should all give up our last tool of freedom because of your emotional distress.

This isn't about gum control. This is about arms escalation. Very different conversations. Stay on target gunner.

Yeah nothing should ever be illegal to own, because the government destroying illegal property is exactly the same as letting citizens own and use that property.

This isn't about gum control. This is about arms escalation. Very different conversations. Stay on target gunner.

Again. Not a gun control discussion.

All you are all doing is proving you're too stupid to be armed.

If you think guns are our last tool of freedom, then I think you are probably the one in distress.

And how many people are shot by legal gun owners (Illegally), meaning not defending themselves, compared to illegal gun owners shooting people in Texas?

Guns are for pussies who need distance and explosive assistance to fight.

You're not a man because of what you purchase, you are a man for what you can do. Guns are old fart fidget spinners

Because everyone having a gun does not stop someone from robbing you. This is hillbilly logic. Here, let me help you. Now, someone pulls a gun on you and you give them your wallet and they leave. Your idea: someone already has their gun out, walks up to you and shoots you in the head. Then they steal your wallet and your gun. This is why bank guards no longer carry guns, the bad guys start shooting before anyone has a chance to do anything. If you disagree, there are plenty of countries you can move to that have either no gun control or extremely lax enforcement. Think Somalia or El Salvador at their worst.

protip: in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is.

Depends on the culture

Really?

>wild west

Aaaah those were simpler times.

How many is too many? Is there a certain percent or numerical threshold where it becomes a problem?

I've personally seen 4 people wave pistols around in arguments. Two in traffic, one from a dock at a boat, and one on the street. It happens, people are emotional.

Great argument, totally changed my mind user.

Thank you.

The times that only existed in Hollywood? Learn history

At the end of the day, guns exist, and a large percentage of us would prefer to own a gun than to not own a gun.

Everyone who doesn't want to own a gun is entitled to their opinion, and I guess I get it. But to succeed, you have to take away the guns of people who have guns while you don't have any guns, which is a failing project before it starts.

Or you do it using a group that's allowed to have guns specifically because it's not safe for them to not have guns, at which point your argument immediately begins collapsing on itself.

Me and my family will be keeping our guns, one way or another, thank you.

>Guns are old fart fidget spinners

>I've personally seen 4 people wave pistols around in arguments.
That would be illegal,it's called menacing, if you would have properly reported that crime, they wouldn't be gun owners anymore.

What argument? Do you know what an argument is? What are you even talking about?

Trips of truth. Also I do.

>pic related

My most prized firearm

You are more likely to be killed by owning a gun. Either by family or an assailant. You are increasing probability on both sides of protection and harm.

>I AM A FUCKING MORON
Yes, you are a a complete fucking moron kohai.

Oh, it's illegal, well shoot I guess that solves everything. That was definitely the point.

Yes it is. It most certainly is true. In nearly every single country. Fag.

I think there's 4 reasons we don't all have guns:
1. Government fears strength in the people
2. Lack of unity. We, as a whole, don't all agree or have the same view on guns.
3. Some people are too scared to even own a gun.
4. Some people are mentally insane and should not own a gun. Even if everyone had one to fire back, a crazy person could still get in a few shots if they weren't scared of dying after

You're lying and everyone who goes outside on a daily basis knows it.

>we don't need another wild west

wat

>slide safety that pushes up
>prized

:(

Well, I still have no clue what you are babbling about, but I guess my theory about you being in distress has gained momentum.

Can't make a bazooka with rusty pipes lead powder.

The simple reply to this is that guns make it easier to kill people. I'm sure you can work out the rest on your own.

I have 9 guns but 3 Are pistols and the rest are hunting rifles and shotguns

If I owned a gun I would kill random people because they are stupid, fat, or in my way. I will never own a gun because I know I have no empathy and a lot of pent up hate. So long as the option isn't in my hands, people don't die.

try and take them you cuck

¦[

Probably over 99.9999% of people who buy a gun legally don't go and shoot the first person they get into an argument with. If the victim of said crime would have reported it, the perp would have lost his rights to own the firearm. This is thee system we have user, what part of it do you have a problem with? Making some of us can help you figure it out.

Lol dat hp22. Guess you could have spent the 85$ on something worse.

You must be a Sandy Hook Survivor

Typically the only ones who can illegally obtai firearms throughout Europe, Russia, China, and India (most of the world's population, and certainly the overwhelming majority of the civilized world) are large organized crime groups. They then largely do not use them because it draws attention and creates more problems than it solves. You get mugged with knives in all those countries, not guns.

>Guns are old fart fidget spinners

What ohms you running bro?

No, I grew up near mormons

>What is sarcasm
Since you're to retarded to realize, I was mocking you for not having an argument, just a screeching emotional response.

I'm not a number, I'm a person.

I won't accidentally kill myself, and neither will my family members. I also won't accidentally drink myself to death or smoke a pack of ciggarettes a day or try heroin. So I don't really care what stupid people are statistically likely to do with their freedoms, I can think for myself and would prefer to have a way to protect myself in extreme circumstances, and don't want someone else dictating what I'm allowed to say, do, think or own.

And what happened to "criminals don't obey gun laws"

If they are willing to break the law to wave it in your face, why wouldn't they then break the law and just get another?

Even so, still not the point. The point was that many people are irresponsible. I never said we should ban guns because of that, but it is something that needs to be addressed better in my opinion.

There are only four reasons that I can think of to own a firearm. 1.) Hunting - okay, there was a time when an agrarian society (long gone btw) supplemented their protein by what they could hunt. No longer necessary and now nothing more than a hobby really. 2.) You love the sporting aspect of shooting, skeet, target, whatever. In this case, other than convenience, no reason to keep your guns outside of a gun club. 3.) You believe in protecting yourself against others that have guns. Somewhat valid point but; if no one (and I get this is the difficult part - no need to explain) had guns, you would not need one. And finally 4.) To protect yourself from Government tyranny. This is where many of the most ardent gun owners like to stake their claim to need. This is actually the worst argument of the four. I do not care how many of you there are and how many AR-15s you have, you will not begin to have an affect on an A-10 Gunship when it flies over your town. A single man with a rifle lost an semblance of competition around 1910.

I know a ton of people who have guns and believe VERY strongly in their right to own them. For them it's an extremely emotional issue that is not based in logic in any way - although the go to great lengths to try to explain why it is so very, very important that they keep them.

hp22A
A
Get it str8 m8

>what is irony
You started with the exact same thing lol.

That's fine, but gun owners face as much more likelihood of being shot as their gun protects them.

That is what everyone who ends up a number says before it happens.

Thanks for talking out of your ass tonight, user. I laughed out loud.

Because it would require a lot more effort to obtain an illegal gun.

posting FMJ range ammo instead of hallow point fucking idiot i hope your not stupid enough to think this ammo will stop an attacker. Get something with some rip and grip.

>>There are only four reasons that I can think of to own a firearm.

I stopped reading right there. My reason for wanting to own a firearm is because I want to own a firearm, and now you have to justify the logistics of taking away my firearm without a firearm of your own.

If you think there should be a controlling group of people with firearms who benevolently oversee a group who has no firearms, you're an imbecile.

>Sandy Hook
>Real event.

Choose one and only one.

Glad I could make you smile. The facts are funny sometimes. Truth is stranger than fiction, they say.

This has to be bait.

I can buy one off eBay without registering. Easy and hard to trace for feds.

That's what a large percentage of them say.

If you're fine with someone else controlling your life, then more power to you. But I'm well aware of what's happening in my world.

Not really. You can buy them off craigslist or other similar websites. Most states don't require background checks for in-state sales. If you have friends who own guns, which you probably do if you are into guns, you can just buy from them.

Except you presented 0 facts. Lol. Get outta here nerd

Yes, being shot at is at the top of my list of reasons to pull out my own gun and shoot back

I'm not anti 2nd amendment, but if you honestly think owning a gun makes you much safer, then please use it on yourself.

Even in the event of a shootout, you're not guaranteed to win that shootout. In fact, things are more likely to escalate if both parties are armed.

Should there be people with tanks and war planes who oversee a group of people who don't have tanks and war planes?

>learn history

What you meant is most states don't require background checks nor record keeping of private sales. Idk anywhere, besides gun shows, that don't require background checks. & even most of those all do it anyway now.

Someone is controlling your life already if you think you need a gun. Otherwise you wouldn't need to defend yourself. So who is more free, the man with a gun, or the man without? Freedom being a state of mind until imprisoned, I believe you have locked your own door.

I choose columbine

>"criminals don't obey gun laws"
They usually get shot by a cop or a legal gun owner defending himself, or they never get caught and hurt people along their way until their inevitable end.

>If they are willing to break the law to wave it in your face, why wouldn't they then break the law and just get another?
Go check how many years people get for having a firearm illegally, you even get a decade per bullet in the magazine in many states, your comparison is laughable.

>something that needs to be addressed better in my opinion.
Yep, educate more people on how to defend themselves in case some faggot pulls a gun on you.

user you're so full of shit lol

Good choice

Probably not. But that's not the discussion at hand is it?

You can get as intellectual as you want, but when it's said and done, you have to go door to door collecting guns. So are you going to send an unarmed group, or a group with guns?

If you're sending a group with guns, you just explained why so many people want to keep their guns.

There are plenty of statistics out there. If bad guys already had guns in all those countries, you would have much higher rates of gun crime in those countries. Instead you have much higher rates of assaults with knives and clubs and such. Do you think china has fewer scumbags than America? Those dirty, dirty people? Or Russia? Do you think those countries have less organized crime? C'mon m8

>pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html
>Hard to trace delivery address that must be confirmed
>Conforming to Cali state law

If this isn't b8, you're legtiminately retarded. Do you realize how many people would have had to be involved in this, Alex?

>being so retarded that you choose a weapon that will kill you at the same time it will kill the person you are robbing

I think it's clear that you have no understanding of firearms, beyond the bullshit you've seen in a movie.

i sleep with this .38 colt. kept me safe many years.

You have any sources or anything at all to back up what you're saying?

When someone walks into a store and before they draw their gun they see you with yours, you won't have a brain to draw a gun with. See, people who shoot to kill don't blow out hearts and lungs, they hit the head. You won't be shot at, you will be killed. All you will have is the pop and darkness.

You're pretty full of shit dude.

I'm in no mood to debate with you about it. However you should watch "It's time to talk about Sandy Hook". More evidence suggesting it didn't happen then the contrary

Hahaha, user your so avoidant.

Yeah, in-state private sales.

Gun control and just as people are free to own them, they're free not to.

But who tracks the sale and registration of the gun? After the fact? Well that's useless.

>Craigslist
It's like nearly number 1 that its against the ToS to sell firearms on Craigslist, my dude.

And that's why law abiding people should be as helpless as possible.

Quit. Being. 13.

>You have any sources
Not the guy you're talking to but you can just google UK crime stats for the last decade dude.

Literally google gun crime statistics.

I'm not doing it for you because I can't tell if you are trolling or just dumb.

If I couldn't kill people with guns it would be with one of these

>however, you should watch...
Kek. Yeah no. You're an idiot.

Isn't armed revolution the last action taken when a population is suppressed by a government that refuses to cede power? And to have an armed revolution, you either need arms or a sympathetic nation to provide said arms.