The current state of indie in one image

the current state of indie in one image

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWBFp5vDUBM&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wow idc

I seriously doubt SZA was that good, you have to depreciate the scores because p4k throws around "brownie" points like madmen

fuck white people and fuck indie
we wuz bnm nyuggah

Is that SZA album good? I liked her EPs and I have a bit of a guilty pleasure soft spot for PBRNB, so I'll prob give it a listen.

>pitchfork

Wow P4k actually posted some opinions I agree with for once.

this

both of them are shit

Sufjan just didn't pull through this time. He's at his best with more emotive and playful melodies.

>hate p4k
>cry about p4k relentlessly
>keep going on p4k for more qq material and give them hits
>advertise p4k via your new qq material on Sup Forums
>never once post about the plethora of alternative online music publications out there
really gets the synapses firing

>admits they didn't listen to it in the post
>still talks shit

I did not know Sza dropped a new album thank you OP

mac mutha fuckin dre my nigga

>I have heard SZA before
>You still act retarded

yeah pitchfork is terrible, but if you let some person you don't know determine your opinions just because they write for a fancy website, then you have bigger problems

>hate p4k
>never once post about the plethora of alternative online music publications out there

>hate p4k
really gets the synapses firing.

please stop posting pitchfork I don't want this shit in my sight anymorr

what did
he mean
by this

>hate p4k

>he seriously thinks me not looking at Pitchfork's reviews will kill their site

Not him but why would you even bother supporting something you dislike, whether it makes a notable difference or not?

because hes redpilling us bro, gotta get woke and see the TROOF

Because Pitchfork is relevant to the current culture whether you and I like it or not. ME not reading it will have absolutely no effect on its commercial performance. The only difference will be on one hand I will be willfully ignorant of the state of indie music and on the other I will not be. That is literally the only difference.

both are mediocre

p4k is not the only way to stay up to date on indie music nor is it as relevant as it was last decade

you're willfully enslaving yourself to something you disdain and I feel bad for you senpai

>pitchfork
>relevant

lmao

all of you killed indie by not listening to indie. 98% of what is on pitchfork is not and will never be genuine DIY indie.

kirin j callinan is better than both of them, easily the best album this year.

mainly because nobody actually likes indie because its shit

define indie

really gets the skinflaps scoundering

ummm, yes it is. the current culture has shifted towards black music and pitchfork jumped on that boat and is driving it full speed ahead.

It objectively is. You can't argue with that unless you are an edgelord. They fucking suck but they are relevant.

really gets the 'icantsayanythingbecauseIhavenothingtosaynorcanIactuallycomposeanysubstantiveresponse' cells buzzing

those damn niggers, they aren't allowed to make music!

>what is an agenda

>t. normie

music that utilizes home recording to it's fullest and embraces imperfections as well as going against the conventional presentations and execution from popular music in order to have a more sincere feel and style.

p4k and their globalist nigger-loving agenda, bring WHITE back to indie!

wtf are you going on about "indie" is still extremely white

How is it possible for someone who cares enough about remaining hip that they frequent a site they dislike to not understand what sites are hip in 2017
jesus christ what flyover hellhole are you living in
in all honesty by the end of this decade unless fantano fucks up horribly he will have the same relevance as p4k

SZA BLEACHED when?

see I like this definition a lot but its been discarded since early/mid 2000s

nah man, pitchfork giving sufjan stevens and mark kozelek low rating means they're obviously giving a pro-NIGGER agenda!

Any video with a guy in it (except that new one with Travis Scott) has been white

We're gonna make it, r-right? I just want a qt thicc black chick to listen to sad music with and get stoned.

eh indie music sucks anyway

white cis males BTFO!

unironically tho it just means that they're viewing hip-hop as more hip than hop

Who cares. Sufan is boring as shit, it's all the same tripe generic crap. CnL nearly put me asleep.

All racial political aside Sza's album is much batter. Sufan is the same generic shit he's been doing for year. Indie music as a whole is very plan and overly saturated same with hip hop but there's a lot more personality and freshness in it then most indie.

Condé Nast, why have you forsaken us?

t. p4k

Was it really a 6.0?

No, it is clearly the most interesting album this year with lots of replay value though it is far from perfect. But you shouldn't give a fuck about PC4K.

I'm a big sufjan fan but it deserved that score. It sounded so directionless. There were some interesting moments but for the most part it was pretty boring and uninspired.

SZA album was shit.
Every track is "nigga nigga nigga". Sounds like a compilation of rejected Kendrick demos more than anything.

reminder

SZA getting an 8.4 was pretty obvious.

Great album, although the second half was a lot weaker. Yet to see a valid argument that the release is not good.

the sufjan thing was pretty awful tho... it was completely dull

Planetarium wasn't very good imo. There's some good stuff in there but it's mostly uninteresting. Never listened to the nigress

>Sufan
Boy I hope this is bait

I don't even know where to begin with this because it is all so retarded

What the fuck is wrong with everyone on this website CTRL was such generic bland pop/r&b. Every song is the same. The melodies are the same, the same beat shows up on every song, and don't even get me started on how embarrassing the lyrics are. I feel like I'm going crazy I can't be the only one who sees how bad it is. CTRL is undeniably uninspired, derivative, boring and lazy. At least Sufjan did something different.

these losers who haven't seen sunlight in days may not like it but it's true.

Nobody's interested in indie rock anymore.

Look at all these RAPPERS

Kikefork is perpetuating WHITE GENOCIDE

there is only one hip hop album in this picture.

not him but this might have been the worst post and comeback post i've ever seen. u literally talked shit about the album and the score it got based on nothing. off yourself my man

How is the SZA album? I only heard "Z", and it was flat-out uninteresting.

Holy fuck are you actually retarded

Pitchfork has been sucking on TDE's dick for years now, so that doesn't seem to be a big surprise at all, I wonder if they have even listened to the album before deciding that it has to be good because it's from TDE

>clamoring for award given by white men who know dick about music
>empowered

who gives a fuck? why are you comparing two completely unrelated albums? if anything we could have an interesting discussion as to why Carrie and Lowell was reviewed so favorably when Planetarium, a vastly more interesting project imo, was not. but we don't want too much music discussion on our music discussion board now do we?

weird i'm listening to this album rn

>I've listened to Surfin' U.S.A so I'm gonna assume every beach boys album is the same

Do you think we'll ever see another AOTY list from P4k that has a white person at #1 or is that era over?

is this nigga serious

why is this thread even still around

>hate p4k

As far as contemporary black women musicians go, SZA is leagues below people like FKA Twigs and Noname.

>hurr I don't have a big booty like the other girls I'm so different tehee

Planetarium is fucking terrible, it deserves a 6.0

Fuck off Sufjanstans

I like Z still going back to that project from time to time

Fucking this. The point of music isn't to stay hip and listen to what everyone else is listening to. It's to find music that you actually enjoy. P4K writes shitty, shitty reviews that don't suit my taste at all so they fail in their primary function of helping me find music I might enjoy. I couldn't care less what they have to say about any artist because their priorities when it comes to listening to music are clearly different than mine.

>gas
>visible cloaks
>julie byrne
genocide of male white indie, perhaps

if youre a gril or a post-glass or post-reichean technoman you're still in fine standing

>p4k
hahaha fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=HWBFp5vDUBM&t

THESE SHOULD DOOO

SZA's album is pretty good actually.

t. SZA

>agreeing with pitchfork

don't forget Janelle Monae

Why are you retards are arguing over those two shit albums when you could be soaking in the AOTY?