This is literally the single best band of the 70s, if you disagree youre retarded

This is literally the single best band of the 70s, if you disagree youre retarded

Other urls found in this thread:

howgoodisthat.wordpress.com/2008/07/25/the-sex-pistols-a-manufactured-boy-band/
imdb.com/title/tt0236216/?ref_=nm_knf_i3
youtube.com/watch?v=1EapWhvdZO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think Can is but I respect your opinion.

Nah

I'm not gay enough for glam rock

Their first two albums, sure, but they went downhill fast after Brian Eno left. Stranded is their last good album, and it's by no means a 10/10.

Nobody on Sup Forums likes Steely Dan. It's a shame, but there you go.

But Country Life is their best

>Country Life is their best

LOL, no way. Country Life is where the train wreck starts. Eno has been gone for two albums now and none of his influence is left. The music is overblown, and everything is focused on Brian Ferry, whose glamboy crooner persona gets real tiring real fast. The first two albums are GOAT, and Stranded is good -- after that, everything is increasingly meh.

Country Life is thier most detailed and focused album. Not a single weak track, it comes together wondefully

I love Bryan Ferry on that album. Increible amount of personality

It's nice that you enjoy it/him, and everyone is entitled to their own taste. But the objective fact is that Roxy Music post-Eno just wasn't as good.

>Eno has been gone for two albums now and none of his influence is left
Not inherently bad

>overblown
Vauge weasel word

>focused too much on Bryan Ferry
Prrettt subjective, but I like him

>Prrettt subjective

Sure it is. But I have evidence on my side -- there's no denying who's had the much more successful musical career. Eno is the more talented of the two and the band just wasn't as good when he left. Bryan Ferry is good, sure, but he's not good enough.

That's not the Ramones

Oh. New are you? Fair enough.

Found the summerfag

Yep, what an argument, really got me there mr oldfag

This is the correct answer

The definition of wasted talent.

Oh, you mean the band which uses 5 power chords per song at best? Surely the best band of our times.

I'd personally say pic related, you can argue that any of their first 6 albums is their best
Somebody fell for the "you need complex chord progressions to be good" meme

Can or King Crimson are the only correct answers

>Somebody fell for the punk is the true "avant-garde" and revolution meme
howgoodisthat.wordpress.com/2008/07/25/the-sex-pistols-a-manufactured-boy-band/
One of the great "revolutionaries" were a glorified manufactured boy band and a project of Malcom McLaren. And what's more, that's even talked about in this documentary.
imdb.com/title/tt0236216/?ref_=nm_knf_i3
Not to mention that John Lydon and Devoto saw punk for what it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=1EapWhvdZO4

Yes, better than you're wank shite

The Sex Pistols weren't the first punk band you bellend, and Lydon disliked rock in general

That's not Black Sabbath op.

pleb in denial

>The Sex Pistols weren't the first punk band you bellend
Yeah, proto-punk exists, I know, although it had nothing to do with the "punk movement". Sex Pistols was one of the most influential punk bands really and you know that.
>and Lydon disliked rock in general
Which means you agree with me.

And that doc speaks positively of punk's influence on post-punk

Replying with two different chains is a bit awkward, but I was talking about the Ramones not the Pistols, why mention them?

Sure, the attitude was there, but PiL was basically a prog band. Other similar post punk bands are very close to that description too.

>Replying with two different chains is a bit awkward, but I was talking about the Ramones
I got lost too.

Is it the same loser being autistic about every subject that comes up ITT

First sucking Eno's cock

Then trying argue the objectivity of his opinion

And now some ill-informed and nonsensicak diatribe about punk

Quell your autism, summerfaggot.

After much confusion, I now understand that the thread subject was for bands in general, not just rock. So yeah, even the Ramones aren't my favourite band, so I'll go on my way

And your post full of hominem attacks is so much more reasonable, right? Really puts things into perspective now, doesn't it?

You're still doing it

You're a fucking retard and an insufferable faggot, and you have single-handedly ruined this thread.

>No u
>Ad hominem attacks
Great argument. You sure contributed so much to this thread.

We're talking about the music and the music alone

And that music was despised by those who were the most influential bands playing it. So, what now?

Why should I care if they despised it? I enjoy punk music despite it not being technically astounding

>I enjoy punk music despite it not being technically astounding
It's not even entirely about that. I'd recommend watching that documentary.

>Why should I care if they despised it?
Doesn't that tell you something about punk in general? Like, how many musicians are that honest? And not just honest, they went even further and made even more uncompromising and unique albums with their new bands. And I can't "disprove" your personal taste in music.

There is literally NOTHING wrong with Avalon.

It's their only 10/10 tho

>ctrl+f Led Zeppelin
>0 results

yes, why would you spend 8 years on an album'a production if nobody (well almost) cares about the songs themselves?
Autism, that's why

Kraftwerk, motherfuckers

but dats dadrocke

News to me -- this is the first time I think I've seen anyone say anything about them on Sup Forums. FWIW, I think they're really good.

LOLWUT.jpg

No, their first album is their best. For Your Pleasure is a very close second. Country Life is OK, and then the shit begins to flow. And, yes, I am thinking about Avalon.

The most influential German band, certainly yes. But the best? I prefer Faust, but plenty of other anons will choose Can instead,

>not Badfinger

>trying argue the objectivity of his opinion

But I gave only objective facts, user. Eno has had a far more successful solo career than has Bryan Ferry. Eno has had a far more successful career as a collaborator than has Bryan Ferry. Eno has had a far more successful career as a producer than has Bryan Ferry. I'm sorry if these facts rustle your jimmies, user. Untwist your panties and try to get over it.

This obviously

Can are certainly contenders yeah, so are Cluster and Tangerine Dream

Pink Floyd and it isnt even close

>Pink Floyd
>70s

>being such an odd little man that you dont like 70's Floyd
retarded retardposter

t. nu-male

You must be 18 to post here "bruh"

Who the fuck cares about success? Justin Beiber is successful af