Kids already look at these the same way we caught the tail end of floppy disks...

Kids already look at these the same way we caught the tail end of floppy disks...Discs are basically glorified film reel...the best of the archaic. Like a chrome rock.

How does it feel to witness the present become the past quicker than our forefathers?

Baby's first obsolescence?
Plenty of us here saw the birth and death of a slew of technologies from Cd's, to Vhs, to the sony walkman and even records. We remember a world without Google, without smart phones or even mobile phones at all, some of us even witnessed the birth of Sup Forums.

I really don't give a fuck. CD's are shit, and I used to burn a new one all the time. I'm happy mp3's came out. I'm happy I can just use a cellphone instead of that God damn Discman, and my Walkman before that. Keep up with the times.

Oh, and just to reiterate.

Fuck the past. Always look forward.

And their kids will look at smart phones like crazy junk from the past too.

>How does it feel to witness the present become the past quicker than our forefathers?
Feels good man.
That's just how technology works.

And before you say Hurp derp you so old the tech has moved on, Who do you think 'made' the stuff you 'use'.
It's like when some teen say's, 'Hurp we use apps now', I'm pretty sure snapchat wasn't coded by a bunch of 12 year olds, that shit came from my generation profiting from your dumb ass.

8 tracks are still cool because it's all good stuff, no minaj or beiber.

My first digital art project.

Yawn.

As of right now, discs are still superior to streaming in terms of quality and content.

Dat how it feels OP.

My car has a 6 CD changer but no aux/usb plug or cassette deck, so they're defintely still useful to me

fucking lame, i wouldn't be admitting to making that shit

This is now a trap thread.

lol, you must have really shitty internet to think that. You do realize you can stream in hd as well as 4k right?

imma plug my phone in an aux cassette converter and insert it into an 8 track converter so i can listen to spotify on my 8 track player

clueless cunt with no idea

>I don't understand what compression is
Try comparing an HD or 4K blu-ray to its streamed counterpart.

No idea about what?

What if forward is a guaranteed full on Muslim Invasion and what's left of white people will enslaved? What f it's the very same white people that gave away their lands to the more masculine Muslims who enslaves them? What if I told you that if things keep going the way they are that that's exactly what's going to happen? How does that make you feel and do MP3 players fix this? It's already started, the emasculation of western males is well underway. One only needs to look to history to know that all great civilizations fell soon after the the emasculation of it's men and the societies general acceptance of this at large.

Wake up.

Streaming also doesn't have all movies

Same here, so i'm still burning CDs, not changing the radio because i want to change the car

i have done, try getting a decent tv and streaming service. Obviously using poor fag technology.

>Kids already look at these the same way we caught the tail end of floppy disks...Discs are basically glorified film reel...the best of the archaic. Like a chrome rock.

What fucking kid is looking at a disc like it's ancient tech?

good job

it's easy enough to find almost anything including latest releases and stream for free. YOU just don't know about it and I'm not telling you

consoles should have been obsolete a decade ago. its just a ploy to control the market.

>mp3
is obsolete too now, since a few days... It's not a standart anymore

>niggers gonna nig

this... Each time I had to explain "what an old guy over 45 do on Sup Forums" to the "younger" people here... that our generation made all this possible, we basically developed this

I remember those. I used those in walkmans.

Now i see kids that dont know what that is and they dont know how to put one in walkman.

Sad because it is proof for lack of critical thinking.

The time of the quickening. The forever increasing rate in new technology and new discoveries will one day happen at a pace so fast, that if we're still around to witness it, it will take our merging with technology to adapt to it.

A slice of time from the human historic experience always looks different. Where as wasps birds and beavers have been making their same nests and environments for millennia. Any slice of time of the human experience looks very different. We are the main event of nature and we are about to transcend ourselves.

21! 21!

OK gramps

File Transfer Protocol hats? I'm in!

DubsTrips youre in anywhere

Snapchat was actually originally made by 25 year olds but then it got bought by some huge ass company either google or Facebook

fucking tripdubtrips

Sweet!
>listened to $ucideboy$ once
>never did again

>How does it feel to witness the present become the past quicker than our forefathers?
No big deal. What you're talking about is called Moore's Law. I witnessed the obsolescence and revitalization of LP's, the end of the cassette, the 8Track, VHS, dot-matrix printers, rotary telephones, the end of tube stereos. And even more modern stuff, like SD cards, which are now miniaturized. Tube televisions to flat screens, about a hundred game systems, the advent of GPS - which some people still do not use, bluetooth connectivity, and even battery technology (LiON batts) that are still evolving. When you quit trying to evolve with technology, you become officially old.

It's actually dubtripdubs

only an asshole would use snapchat

>we
Nigga, the first game I ever bought was on floppy. I grew up playing Venture on the ColecoVision. If I wanted more games I went to an arcade.

I'm not even old. Just keep up.

explain

I assume he means that console exclusives are bought to keep the console market profitable, because otherwise PC beats them out in every field

This + ease of use keep consoles values inflated.

This
It's crazy when you start thinking about it, kids nowadays running around with tablets,smartphones... and comparing that with just 25y ago

Vinyl is the objective best.

My great grandmother was born before before powered flight by humans and before electricity, cars, broadcast radio, and even indoor plumbing in much of the US, were common. And she lived long enough to read about animals being cloned and this new internet thing taking the world by storm.

While in many ways technology and science advances are accelerating, what has the average person seen in the past 20 years? Smart phones? The rise of the surveillance economy? Slimmer laptops? Dumbass shit like 3D TV or VR googles?

At the moment and for quite a while, it seems we're past the point of diminishing returns. No doubt this will change at some, but how? Robot cars? A.I. that reminds you to buy toilet paper?

Not really an exact argument, consoles have some value besides gaming. You can use them as portals to use your bigscreen for some cool shit, if it isn't a "smart TV".

Hey men listen to Ta Ha she's the ultimate bae

transhumanism and nano technology

If you like the distortion, hiss and pops and clicks of vinyl, you should record this objectively 'worse' sound (which you very well may like better) into a digital format.

No one have ever - EVER - been able to tell the difference between vinyl and a quality digital recording of vinyl - in a properly done listening test.

At what point are our lives easy enough? Great question. I hope humanity either finds a greater purpose or goes extinct before we have to answer for a diminishing sentiment such as that.

Yeah, I use that shit all the time. Right up there with the light bulb for most people.

Blu-Ray is thriving, what are you smoking?

It's what's next, bro. Traps will finally be able to change that Y chromosome to an X.

>At the moment and for quite a while, it seems we're past the point of diminishing returns. No doubt this will change at some, but how? Robot cars? A.I. that reminds you to buy toilet paper?
Innovation comes in weird ways. We're at the point where we can control basically the whole house with smartphone, voice commands. I think the biggest innovation most recently was 3D printing. Sony is developing contact lens screens that take pictures and you ccan see shit like Predator. You'll be able to surf the net and watch movies by closing your eyes. They can put sensors on your head and watch your thoughts visually, which is pretty neat. Quantum computing will soon be able to answer theoretical questions and tell us how to solve complex problems, like designer drug therapies and how to arrange molecules for eco-friendly fuels and print organs with 3D printers from stem cells. Its an interesting time to be alive.

As far as technology goes, anyway, which is a good thing.

>2017
>Still listening to mp3
KYS

LOL dickhead

What programming languages do you know cunt

What a great time to be alive

first time I saw a home computer was my uncles commodore 64 in 1988 , we got our Pentium 100Mhz in 1995 , got internet in 1998 at home , I have been on Sup Forums since January 2004

And once you dl a thousand movies, where do you keep them all?
Don't tell me everyone is now buying multiple hard drives and just replacing them when they get full.

A demand for a home entertainment system is a ploy ?

Buddy , we had PC's that played more powerful games than consoles in the 1990s , what the fuck are you on about ?

I didn't arrive on the tail end of floppies, I used to trade nes and snes roms with them, even spanned the bigger ones on multiple disks with winzip. It sucked, those floppy shits were amazingly unreliable also 1.44mb is pathetic.

CDs were better but in tropical climates they rot very fast for some reason. USB keys are tough, I even washed one and fell in the lake with another and they still work.

Having nostalgia for that is like having nostalgia for the days when you had to get water from a well with a bucket and if you wanted a warm bath you'd have to hear the water on the stove.

3D printing is a way to make plastic prototypes and the odd useful item - hardly a replacement for a machine shop.

No one gives a fuck about turning their lights on or flushing their toilet with their phone. People don't want voice commands when they can have a high tech switch on the wall.

Quantum computing may be a real thing someday, but the technical approaches common today seem to me to be a dead end.

Molecular level 3D printing? That would be interesting if it ever happens in a practical way, but we'll never get a practical amount of fuel from such it.

Definitely an interesting time to be alive. No doubt it may be just around the corner, but I don't see what will be the next penicillin-level paradigm change will be.

clapper sound light system has existed for over 30 years.

Being a somewhat successful independent musician, I like it. Income from downloads/streaming is completely passive, so I get paid to sit on my ass and play games instead of having to haul with a load of CD's every day.

This is not an argument, but a discussion, okay?

First, 3D printing is not meant to replace a machine shop, but the prototype thing saves millions of man hours. This will simplify start-up concepts for small businesses, which obviously helps bring small start-ups into reality and levels the playing field from big-business - much like computers helped small businesses flourish by eliminating book-keepers and secretaries tasks. Now the business owner can be his own product designer.

People do care about remote monitoring of their house, as well as voice commands. Its not a fad. The key to that will be faster processors and microphone sensitivity. When you can just mumble "TV on, channel four" and it doesn't fuck up, it will be as revolutionary as the remote control. Would you buy a TV that doesn'tcome with a remote control? Neither would I.

Molecular level 3D printing is already here, conceptually. The physical tech is not the issue, but the jetting of reservoirs of periodic elements to make the molecules accurately. Thats the problem.

Moore's law dictates quantum computing is inevitable.