I love this show so far. My only problem is this...

I love this show so far. My only problem is this. How am I supposed to believe that this guy is trusted with wining and dining clients? he's inherently unlikeable, and putting him in charge of that is a bad move.

He's likeable enough for clients. I think they make him out to be a dick because that's how a lot of young successful people were seen; kids who never had to fight in a war and get all the benefits the previous generation worked for.

He can "put it on" for clients, briefly in season 5 there's a scene where he's really good at it

that's sort of the point.

he's socially inept naturally, which makes his personality more appropriate for clients.

his social skill set was learned through analysis, which is why it comes off as clunky in genuine relationships, but works well for clients.

all you need to keep a client is happy is superficial niceties. it's a scripted and shallow interaction. going any deeper is a mistake.

watch more than one episode, maybe.

I take it you haven't worked as an account executive before. Very little of your actual personality comes through.

whats more unbelievable is that this guy just couldn't fucking stand having to come home and fuck alison brie

>show devotes multiple episodes to the fact campbell only had his job because of his name

>people come up with completely random bullshit theories as to why he had his public-facing job.

Living seems only to find new ways to hurt me.

You sound like you have no friends. Am I right?

office behavoir is often diferent than client behavoir you autistic

which one is that?

So he has two personalities? Nicest guy you'll ever meet, and a twisted fucking psychopath?

Talking to Megan's dad

Takes Jaguar client to brothel house.

At the Codfish Blal is one of me favourite episodes.

Shame Meghams father is only in one episode

>What do you DO everyday?

And his wife blows a guy while a preteen lil slut watches, so hot.

He got the job because of his name, he meets clients because he's good at bootlicking. This is also shown multiple times in the show.

I could have sworn he was in at least two

I don't think so....

Shit you're right, amazing how he never felt like a once off character. I guess he's always on the phone to someone

I didn't know he was only one episode either. The writing in this show is on point, nothing feels throwaway.

Poor guy

The majority of the clients don't operate on the level that Don and Roger do. They're similar to Pete in a lot of ways and that's why he does so well with them

Was this kino?

>that incredible run in season five culminating in The Other Woman and Commissions and Fees

And then Weiner almost fucking blew it with The Phantom, before saving it in the last five minutes with that season ending

THE KING ORDERED IT!

>the episode where Don gets really drunk and abusive and rapes Peggy

She said she didn't remember it happened, it must be hard working for your rapist.

>Have we ever hired any Jews?
>Not on my watch, not while I'm in this office. I will fuckin' cut your Shylock nose off and stick it up your ass before I let that happen. Coming in here and poisoning my workplace with your Jewish, nigger-loving, hippie bullshit. Fuck you!

Getting Sam Raimi to guest direct was a mistake

On my second rewatch, about to start 7b

What do I expect bros