Will this man go down in history as one of the most important to ever exist?

Will this man go down in history as one of the most important to ever exist?

Sure, if he stops talking about doing things and actually completes a project that proves to be viable in the long run.

no

he was able to successfully get a rocket to return to cape canaveral... do you have any idea how big that is?

In the future when people realize how important he is, yes.
He has actually successfully re-landed and re-lunche a rocket, or maybe thats his goal atm

he said we should be taking our first mission to mars in 10-15 years... thats pretty exciting shit

If that's the case and it work's out to be cheaper then that's pretty fucking awesome.
I'm rooting for him don't get me wrong, I'm just sceptical.

Last time i heard that i was in 3rd grade. Whenever i hear someone say mars in 10-5 years its hard to believe. I just want to see someone do that shit. Thtas wa big moment in human history and being alive for that would be amazing.

just to give you an idea... elon musk wasnt even launching rockets 10 years ago.. and he was the first to ever develope the concept of re-usable rockets. Now his company does private contracts for nasa and other huge telecom companies. What this man has done in such a short amount of time is what I find incredible. not to mention he also developed basically the future of cars. and self sustain energy.

he also fucked Amber Heard which is a huge succes for the nerd community. We all know who Mark zuckerberg ended up with :/

the problem they always faced was money. a rocket cost a shitload of money and to do a mission to mars you would need ALOT of launches... so thats why the technology of re-usable rockets is what was keeping us from doing a mission like that... he solved that problem last year

>he was able to successfully get a rocket to return to cape canaveral...
He didn't, the engineers did. He just proposes old ideas that weren't feasible in the past due the tech required and his engineering team does the hard job of figuring out if it's feasible or useful at all, with some of them being dead ends. Still, I'm not against people proposing new ideas, even if they don't work the knowledge gained from them makes us advance.
The hyperloop for example is based on a concept almost a century old, and it's still unknown if it'll be feasible to do such a thing.
He has great ideas though and a good perspective of future, energy production will probably move from giant power plants to individual homes that can store the energy they produce and maybe share it between neighbors creating a local energy distribution network, I think his powerwall thing and his solar roof tiles are a neat idea and it has proven cheaper than being connected to the grid.

yeah, because when we send a rocket at the moment, we get rid of most of the rocket in space. Thats just wasted materials. The problem we have to face now is how to go faster than we can now. What i remember reading was why would we go now if in the future we can go faster and waste less time. Sorry little drunk/high so it could be difficult to understand.

When I say Elon Musk I am talking about his entire organization... This concept was never even thought of by Nasa or any other government on this planet... I am giving him credit because he thought of the idea... when you think of Apple, you think of Steve Jobs... was he the programmer behind Apple no... but it was his idea.. So i fully give elon musk full credit

>This concept was never even thought of by Nasa or any other government on this planet...
To be fair the amount of technology that it takes to stabilize a rocket is quite high, and wouldn't have been possible until a decade ago.

Steve Jobs was good at marketing, he wasn't a revolutionary inventor or anything like that. He just knew how to sell overpriced products.

No, he's just a great salesman.

elon musk has model parents.. lul

>pays over $400k for interviews with mainstream media
Oh yes you must be so special
Just spouts random shit that shes going to do, and then uses the money from the government to pay thousands of engineers to figure it out for him.
"we are making solar panels that are 90% efficient and cost nothing"
>spends the next 3 years coming up with jack shit, and distracts people with self driving car

I agree that Musk has a bit too much of a cult of personality thing going on, but he's actually more than just an ideas man. The guy does actually really know a ton about the engineering and business side of things, which is a rare combo.

He also works his ass off. I work some crazy hours at SpaceX and Musk is around all the fucking time.

>"we are making solar panels that are 90% efficient and cost nothing"
Things that never happened the post.

i think yes
it might be true that his engineers do most of the work for him but he has great ideas and he is very very ambitiouse and he spends a lot of time working as well.
but i think that the most important thing about him is that his companys do the things we really need in our global civilization, like solar power, his gigafactorys and the reusable rockets
and i agree with him

This.

>We all know who Mark zuckerberg ended up with :/

Why did he marry that butterface when he's really rich? Was it a business oriented marriage?

>He also works his ass off. I work some crazy hours at SpaceX and Musk is around all the fucking time.

I thought he spends most of his time at Tesla.

Yea, but Trump got a lot of mexicans to return to mexico.

to be fair, obama did that...

He spends the majority of his time at SpaceX. He also lives in LA and not the Bay Area.

Recently he's been flying up to the Tesla factory in Fremont more often since the Model 3 production is accelerating. Tesla's automotive design headquarters is located next to SpaceX but I would say he spends a good 70-80% of his time here at SpaceX.

No, but he will be remembered as a visionary and technological pioneer of his times.

You don't work there faggot. Tesla's headquarters are in Palo Alto.

Tesla's corp headquarters are in PA but the automotive design group is headquartered in a converted hangar right next to us at SpaceX in Hawthorne.

He's gonna be like Thomas Edison or similar. In 100 years, people will say he invented electric cars, rockets and shiet.

He's cool. I'm really glad he exists and does what he does. Some people overrate him, like he's an absolute genius, but that's understandable.