3 films in and easily DC's best villain

> 3 films in and easily DC's best villain.

Apologize.

his performance was so cringeworthy

>3 trips to the hospital in and that was easily the BEST kidney stone i ever passed.

I like Jesse Eisenberg and he easily should have won best actor for The Social Network, but his performance in this is one of the most outwardly awful pieces of acting I can remember ever watching

>The villain in Suicide Squad turned out to be an ancient evil.

>not zod
Kneel fag, he had a reason to do what he wanted.

>Suicide Squad villain
>Not Amanda Waller

The Enchantress is going to turn out to just be a relic of the prehistoric war, a sentient WMD left behind and worshiped by primitive man.

Also, Lex was a god-tier villain.

>Only villain whose character is fleshed out in any way.

>Only villain with motivations that make sense.

>Only villain who isn't a one dimensional "baddy" and you can actually sympathize with him on some level.

>Best part of the movie he was in.

I don't care if this is bait. Kneel before Zod.

>Amanda Waller is not overweight

I just loved Shannon's portrayal of him so much, like when he, though seething, barely contained rage, carefully and patiently explains to Clark why he's about to wreck his shit.

I thought the actress did a great job, but I too would have preferred Waller in all her fat, ugly, take-no-shit glory,

>Jared Leto and Jesse Eisenberg will be competing for the same razzie award in the same year
when will marvel ever get on DCs level?

>>Only villain with motivations that make sense.

Hold up.

>On this planet, all kryptonians will be as gods
>movie establishes kryptoninan atmosphere neutralizes all yellow sun powers
>TERRAFORM THIS PLANET INTO KRYPTON IMMEDIATELY... as we need a giant CGIfestbattle.

clearly disney has undermined the credibility of the razzies.

quickly, start a petition to end the razzies

He was conservative, as in a fanatic to the old ways.

Shes black, so that's just as bad. If not worse.

DC being tots repilled and all

>your face when you're about to be encased in a giant penis and flown into the asshole of the universe

conservatives are all about might makes right and "fuck you got mine."

Zod was definitely better but I liked lex

>charismatic
>clear and interesting motivation
>plan doesn't involve opening a portal
>complex and manipulative

>B-BUT H-HE'S NOT MUH LEX LUTHOR!!!
Fuck off, reddit.
He's a better villain than anything in Marvelshit.

But then they wouldn't be "kryptonian"

Jesus christ pay attention it's only a capeshit

>Lex Luthor imagined as a nu-male
-rich fuckwad who inherited all his money
-is a le edgy atheist and hates god figures
-dresses like a cunt in graphic tees and skinny pants
-has a hip azn sidekick/gf

I unironically think this was a cool way to imagine a modern Lex. Casting Eisenberg was no accident - he's basically supposed to be Zuckerberg.

Reddit hates it though because he's not bald.

>takes years to get used to get to atmosphere of your own planet
GENIUS

The first 15-20 minutes of the man of steel was so fucking good. Too bad it all went to shit as soon as Zod got encased in a giant penis that shot into a black hole.

>charismatic
>total control of nearly everything
>loved the subtle slip of "normie mask" when senator doesn't play ball

Lex was fucking brilliant imo

>create a planet where everyone can jump around like a fucking god and punch shit and fly
>lose all kryptonian wildlife, geology, etc.

Would entirely fucking defeat the point of Zod, retard. He wants to preserve Krypton and its culture. If he got to Earth and was like "nvm this is cool" then he would be a hypocrite.
Would be a fucking disaster, desu
Just how retarded are you

I also like the fact that they never completely shut the door on him really being Alexander Luthor, and that Lex is still out there somewhere, having faked his death or something. There's almost a Daniel Plainview/H.W. vibe between Lex and Lex, Jr. - "Write checks for Lex!"

Either way, I loved Jesse's interpretation of the character.

I disagree but Zods return was great, hijacking radio waves to broadcast his message was the most tense moments in capeshit

nu-males don't like when they are portrayed as villains.
>NO THE VILLAIN SHOULD BE AN OLD WHITE MAN!! AN OLD WHITE BUSINESSMAN!!!

"How about we make him a nu-male cuck with a speech impediment?"
-based Snyder

That scene was legitimately unnerving.
Snyder should do another horrorkino - Dawn of the Dead was great.

That was so awesome. It made me realize that the movie was going to be more science fiction than your typical cape movie. "You are not alone."

Remind anyone of anything?

Yeah but why did he have access to the script for the movie and all the sequels? What was his plan with Doomsday? To kill Superman ? But Batman alone beat his ass

Literally one of the best villains in recent memory

>what is back up
If he didn't have Doomsday youd be complaining he doesn't have a back up plan.
He's just being smart and covering his bases. There was no guarantee Batman would stomp his shit in.

>55%
>27%
>26%

What does it all mean...

>sir, krypton and it's culture would be completely invulnerable on this planet
>THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TERAFORM IT IMMEDIATELY

But he was already releasing him anyway

Casting shannon "the cannon" had a lot to do with that. Seriously there's not another actor that could have played Zod

It means the end of their culture, think of japan before Perry.

Stop thinking like a weak human

>being immune to all threats, internal and external means the death of culture

>tfw you will never win a gold metal in mental gymnastics

He was perfect, he needs to comeback in some form

After the perfect casting of Shannon as Zod

How do you go to Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

I'm fine with gadot as wonder woman by the way

What the fuck happened

>YES I'M SURE ALL THESE KRYPTONIAN PLANTS AND ANIMALS WOULD EAT AND GROW NORMALLY ON THIS ALIEN PLANET
Again, how retarded are you
>YES, EVERY SINGLE PERSON SHOULD BE ABLE TO BREAK THE SOUND BARRIER AND PUNCH SOMEONE THROUGH A MOUNTAIN
Again, how retarded?

>created for the sole purpose of assuring krypton and it's values
>omg why doesn't he abandon it for powers lol so dumb

Literal nu-male cuck

>How do you go to Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

But he was great.

People seem to believe that hating a villian is somehow wrong, he doesnt need to be cool, he needs to be just a villian and thats what he was.

>OMG WALTER WHITE SHOUD BE LEX LUTHOR BECAUSE WALTER WHITE IS BALD AND SO IS LEX LUTHOR ALSO BALD

Hello, reddit.

Can this meme fucking die? Being bald is not a prerequisite to play Luthor. Any actor can shave their head. Latching onto Cranston shows a lack of imagination.

I believe that Lex always anticipated Supes wrecking Bats with his mom's life on the line. He'd have killed her anyway, of course, but that's what he wanted, and Lex never asks anyone for anything he doesn't already know they can deliver.

He'd have used Doomsday as the initial diversion to keep Supes occupied after he came back mom-less from whatever bullshit place Lex told him he could find her. He'd have then turned around and sold the government some more bullshit about Supes being crazy and being responsible for releasing Doomsday in the first place.

That's just how villains roll, yo.

Cranston was literally made for lex...

Eisenjews lex wasn't really bad (enjoyable desu) but Cranston would have been perfect

I hope this is ironic

Youre a fucking idiot. Lex is the real lex. You can clearly tell just from watching the movie

It was a win-win.
Supes kills Bats, and he has turned full evil vengeful God willing to kill some to save others.
Supes loses, and he's not all powerful.

"If God is all powerful, he can not be all good. If he is all good, he can not be all powerful."

>Name a Marvel villain that came up with a plan as genius as this
>Protip: don't bother trying

Lmao Jesse Eisenberg detected

Name someone else you would be liked to see as Luthor

dude clearly establishes that in order for his people to prosper and not suffer years of agony through the aclimatation process, he wanted to terraform planet earth to have the same atmosphere as krypton had. Guy was also a fanatic and maybe a purist, he does not want just a planet to repopulate with his people, he wanted krypton back.

also, can you imagine a planet filled with being with god like powers, it will destroy itself in matter of years due to a number of reasons

you are a fucking idiot if you didn't realize this when you saw the movie, and even more of an idiot if you try to correct someone without basis

See

Your complete and total lack of counterarguments as been noted.

Heres another flaw in zod's plans/motivations

>learns earth's atmosphere instantly gives any kryptonian ridiculous superpowers
>doesn't just order six kryptonians to equally distribute themselves across the earth into the largest population centers and destroy everything they can if ka-el doesn't cooperate
>instead, he has all his limited number of kryptonians tied to defending the most indefensible structure in existence, (half of which isn't defended AT ALL, BY ANYONE) that is absolutely necessary to his plan to restore krypton
>is shocked when this plan fails

Zod even fucking knew clark got to earth via phantom drive.

>being this stupid
Welp, guess the Marveldrones found the thread.

>dude a planet full of supermen would destroy itself lmao!!

if zod was such a fanatic, wouldn't that fit with his desires to reproduce krypton completely?

>clearly after the codex
Well now I know you just didn't pay attention.
Maybe put your cell phone down next time.

Shut up cunt.

no motherfucker, he wanted to save his race, bring back his planet, people, culture, etc, how anyone who wants to preserve a race would risk to lend said race the means to potentially destroy itself

A nonsequitur. Brilliant.

This has to be a troll right...

But the inescapable fact of snyder's superman is the culture of krypton literally could not stop itself from destroying itself.

Besides, feel free to elaborate on how a planet filled with equally superpowered people would destroy itself.

Hey, if i'm trolling, I'm doing it backwards.

But keep proving the movie is utterly indefensible.

>Besides, feel free to elaborate on how a planet filled with equally superpowered people would destroy itself.

Every animal they bring back will be superpowered.

A fight between 12 years old could destroy mountians

>>Only villain with motivations that make sense.
It didn't make any sense. The movie didn't make sense. Superman spends the entirety of his early life adjusting to Earth and when Zod rocks up saying he must terraform for the new generation, he magically adjusts to the Earth in 5 minutes when his suit breaks.

Fine faggot

>learns earth's atmosphere instantly gives any kryptonian ridiculous superpowers
He doesn't, not until superman is brought in
>doesn't just order six kryptonians to equally distribute themselves across the earth into the largest population centers and destroy everything they can if ka-el doesn't cooperate
Not all of them are soldiers in fact I think Zod/ faora/ namek were the only ones. He also has a skeleton crew since not every kryptonian survived. He was wondering space for many years before Clark activates the ship.
>instead, he has all his limited number of kryptonians tied to defending the most indefensible structure in existence, (half of which isn't defended AT ALL, BY ANYONE) that is absolutely necessary to his plan to restore krypton
Which structure are you talking about?

Zods a super soldier designed and artificially created to adapt to any circumstance

Still don't understand why they can't have them adapt and have them stronger because of it.

Also, something that's frequently overlooked:

Zod's ship actively did something to dampen the energy in Superman's cells. It's not just the atmosphere on the ship that weakened him. The ship weakened him, *then* he suffered from the atmosphere.

Earth's atmosphere isn't the sole component in being "super." If anything, it's mostly responsible for them getting the "superfeels" like their hearing and vision. There's no reason to believe that they'd have just been slightly *less* super after their "kryptoforming."

Lastly, there's no indication that even as advanced as they appear to be that their planet-forming methods are self-sustaining. It appears to require a continual investment of energy, hence why Zod finds the World Engine on a barren, lifeless planet to begin with.

Ohhh, so yellow sun gives animals superpowers instead of just humanoid kryptoninans

Which was established nowhere at all in the movie at any point.

Gosh you sure showed me.

Again Zod is created to act and think a certain way he's a complete purist who wouldn't tolerate a bastardised kryptonian race. Think space nazis and you'll be nearer to understanding Zods thinking

Whether the scientists on board thought the same would have been interesting

>HEY I'M LOOKING FOR THIS ONE SPECIFIC AND VERY IMPORTANT THING
>BETTER SPLIT MY TEAM UP
Christ you're dense.
Might stop responding cuz now I'm pretty sure you're a troll.

The villain in Thor Darkworld was terrible too and it was made worst because it wasn't close to being amusing

>so yellow sun gives animals superpowers
Yes, it does. It's like the whole point of Krypto the superdog

Why would they be exempt? They all evolved on the same planet. You'll have to be an idiot on your own steam from here on out. I'm going to bed.

>what structure

the fucking worldengine you gibbering fuckwit

Virtual Jor-El Crowe directly states it was atmospheric balance that neutralized superman's powers. Which he then rebalanced to restore superman's powers.

Another problem you're having is you keep pulling from the comics for justifications for the movie's shit. The movie fucks up extremely hardcore and establishes, directly and inexorably, as its important to the plot multiple times, that atmosphere alone grants and neutralizes kryptonian superpowers.

Not the user you were speaking to but the flora and fauna of krypton simply wouldn't exist in earth's atmosphere without which it would be a dead planet.

>post something stupid
>LOL IM GOIN 2 BED

so it really is just a maymay that MoS is good?

>worldengine
>unprotected

Jax-Ur, the scientist that extracted his blood, explicitly states that the ship is actively working to dampen the energy his cells have absorbed.

Dog, seems like your Ritalin wore off midpost there.

Care to try again? Elaborate a bit, maybe?

What part?

Which is then directly contradicted by Russel-El.

Of course, if, the scientist wasn't lying, that line also establishes that Zod knew full fucking well the effects of yellow sun radiation on kryptonians.

laughably bad actor. who are this jews parents? must be rich as fuck

can someone explain to me luthor's plan with doomsday? did he actually expect to control it?

No, but your posting style has already outed you. Why don't you post some of your shitty Zach Galifianakis shoops and make all our lives complete, you miserable shitposting troll?

I can't tell, there's a logical break at some point where you shift from a to d.

i agree. zod was a better villain and the actor gave a better performance

Ah, anyone who posts what you don't like is person you don't like.

I shall endevour to fit more cleanly into your codified view of the 4chans.

>DC's best villain is a guy who stopped listening after the word batman so he played the joker

>audition for the joker
>they make you play lex

That's got to be rough.

I lost my shit (so as my sister when I showed her Ultimate cut) when giant fucking tearing Martha Wayne's tomb.

Or when capitol bombed, but that's not horror element.

>Kryptonian Flora and fauna would not exist on earths atmosphere
>no flora and fauna = no ecosystem
>no ecosystem = dead planet

>charismatic
do autists really see other autists and think "wow what charisma"? eisenberg might be the least charismatic actor currently working

>HE'S JUST LIKE THE JOKER BECAUSE HE HAS A HIGH PITCHED VOICE AND IS GENERALLY WACKY
Can this meme die?
Completely different motivations.
Completely different mannerisms.
Completely different performances.
Fuck off, reddit.

No, feel free to post whatever condescending,self-contradictory, intellectually dishonest shit you like. Just don't expect any more responses from me.

>line also establishes that Zod knew full fucking well the effects of yellow sun radiation on kryptonians.

Not really since it could be a new affect that the scientists just observed

I guess you're losing me when you skip from "earth has an atmosphere" to "earth is a dead planet because plants that won't survive on earth are introduced to earth."

>condescending,self-contradictory, intellectually dishonest

You're using the words to describe people who describe the plot to a superhero movie as ridiculous.

But, again, your lack of counter arguments is noted. Sleep tight.