Lets get a civilized discussion going Sup Forums

Lets get a civilized discussion going Sup Forums.

Fact: to ban guns that are already legal opens a new market for criminals to profit. It also takes business away from local law abiding sellers and range operators. It would condemn those to jail who feel differently and further increase our prison populations.

Look at prohibition. Crime skyrocketed and criminal activity made substantial profits off the illegal distribution of alcohol. Though it was illegal, it still managed to get into peoples hands just the same as guns would if they were illegal.

What are your thoughts?

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

yeah this business don't have any profits in Europe while we are armless... But that's just my point of view... Criminals get weapons somehow anyway...

Samefag kys

Trips checked. Do it faggot

>I like guns

There, I fixed your post for you.

You must be very smart

I think its fun to create narratives about what you think would happen, and then believing its absolute truth but please. Dont do that.

Thats why america is in such a bad state. People (lib, cons, sovereign cits)
or whatever falsely thinking this is actually a logical way of thinking and a good way to determine policy. The news is just god awful for rhetoric these days.

When you never actually know at all what would happen until its done. A lot of the time, too, the result is very counterintuitive ie what happens is the opposite of what you expect.

And sometimes you have the luxury of other countries having done a thing already, so you can actually see what happens when others do it.

Testing testing and research.. Not rhetoric rhetoric and condemning.

Guns are WAY too unregulated and WAY too over manufactured. I don't think guns should be outlawed, however, I do not think that you should be born with the right to bear arms. You must earn that right by serving your country in the military for a minimum amount of years or by working in law enforcement. People can't be trusted, and letting anyone get their hands on a machine designed to kill is just ludicrous and irresponsible.

I don't need to be very smart to know that you like guns, and want to keep them.

Everything else is irrelevant.

So why make anything illegal?

If people who want to own or do something illegal are just going to do it anyway, then why not just fuck the law off and let everyone do what they want?

What works for one country might not work for the other. I based this off of how prohibition went. Should we make laws without considering the likely outcomes?

Because we can trust military and law enforcement.... hahahaha

Yknow i live in canada, we have strict gun control, way less shootings and all that..

I also have a gun. Legally. I like it, and the government isnt coming to get it. Theyre not even threatening to...

Same with any other western country with gun restriction. You can still have one as long as you arent a dangerous pos.

This is also true in the UK. No handguns though unless muzzle loading.

Thats a pretty good question. To me I would say it makes it harder for the people to obtain/do the illegal activity. But it definitely benefits organized crime.

>Look at prohibition. Crime skyrocketed and criminal activity made substantial profits off the illegal distribution of alcohol. Though it was illegal, it still managed to get into peoples hands just the same as guns would if they were illegal.

Guns aren't drugs. The demand for drugs and alcohol is always high. The drug market is not price sensitive. Drugs will be consumed no matter what they cost.

The demand for guns is already not that high, reducing the supply wont do anything because there is already a fuck ton of guns manufactured. Thus there is no demand compared to say drugs and alcohol, a market where there is always a high demand.

Guns should be illegal. It wont stop gun-related violence, but it will reduce it.

I can trust military and law enforcement individuals with a fire arm a lot more than I can trust some random citizen that feels the need to hold a gun on them because they don't know how to defend themselves. Yes.

We used to be allowed handguns in the UK. Till a massacre in Dunblane, Scotland in 1996, leading to the Firearms Amendment Act of 1997.

A lot of people were pissed off about it, but the general attitude was that if it saves one life, then it's worth it.

There's been one mass shooting in the UK since then (in 2010 I think).

People who like guns at the expense of everyone's right to not be shot by a gun, are all selfish cunts, and I genuinely wish then serious gunshot injuries.

Eurofag here.
Murica shouldn't ban guns IMO. In case of getting your nation under attack, it's easy for you to mobilise more army quickly. Equipment wouldn't be a problem neither. Issue I see is not that you guys can have guns, but that's way too easy to get one.
I'd love to have courses for firearm permits similar to those for driver license in my country. Explaining legal situation, safety measures, how weapons work etc, as well as mandatory shooting range practice. People with criminal record would be prohibited too.

Must enlist in the military to earn the right to someday protect your own life and the lives of the ones you love. See the problem with this statement? The fact that guns are manufactured in the numbers they are is purely based on demand. If they couldn't sell those guns they wouldn't produce them and letting the government regulate how many units of a product a private company can produce is pure communistic cancer.

You're right about the demand. There are too many guns in the US to get rid of them all. Also, how much harder would it be for police to track down a criminal who obtained a gun illegally versus legally?

You folk are scary. And stupid. You actually think gun laws have any effect on criminals. Best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.

There are way too many gun laws as it is. You can't hardly buy a gun and not have a dreaded 4473 filled out. Those things are forever. Basically the only easy way to avoid that is to buy a stolen gun. I'm lucky. I've gotten my collection without having to buy a stolen gun or have any 4473 existing with my name on it.

I'm the only person who knows the extent of my collection. And that is how it should be.

Fucking this.

Make being able to own a gun something like being able to fly a plane.

Make the training and tests thorough, and log the hours that use each specific model.

Only when you've sufficiently trained and experienced are you allowed to carry in public.

Or fuck it and let me fly a plane tomorrow.

You sound like an honest, well thought out individual. Have some more guns.

>Murica shouldn't ban guns IMO. In case of getting your nation under attack, it's easy for you to mobilise more army quickly.

What country are they trying to ban guns in?
...Oh, wait, I forgot. They create this fantasy where liberals want to ban all guns (they don't) so stupid fucking rednecks and no necks who suck off cops will go out and buy a shit ton of guns...and it works every. fucking. time.

Nice getting your political veiws from a drug addict comedian who knocked up his girlfriend of 3 months.

Super smart.

This could be true, though I could see it being a different story in america because of cultural differences. There are a huge amount of americans who WANT THEIR GUNS. Alot.

Where as europe just got cucked willingly.

This is probably what the 2nd Amendment was originally trying to ensure. The Founders liked the idea of having a nation of Minutemen rather than a standing army they'd have to maintain.

Exactly.

I am a liberal and I couldn't care less if you own a gun. As long as you a not a criminal or mentally unstable no liberal wants your guns. We just want there to be checks in the system to keep them out of the hands of criminals and crazies

Yes that's exactly what the 2nd amendment is for. To defend against invasion and a corrupt government. We are using then for neither

Preach

>Gun-related violence

Ah yes but reular violence isn't touched.

As of right now yes

Except it already is that way.

You want a right regulated by the government, good goy.

>muh guns
No one wants to take your guns. That's false. Gun (emphasis on control) is about controlling who is able to buy guns. People with serious mental illnesses should not have access to automatic weapons. You bought in to the right-wing "Lefties takin muh guns" propaganda.

You can defend yourself without using a gun. You're a human. You have the ability of logical and constructive thinking. You have the ability to learn. You're just to lazy to properly learn self defense so you cut corners and buy a gun that would probably end up being used on a loved on accidentally then an actual home intruder purposefully. And the reason why the demand is high is because it's legal. You must reduce the supply before you can reduce the demand when it comes to this market.

Are you planning on a foreign invasion Or to overthrow the government

The standard rebuttal is that "regular" violence takes a lot more energy and guts to carry out. Beating someone to death with a baseball bat takes a lot more, physically and psychologically, than just popping a cap in a nigga.

You're a retard

Why because he's right?

You have selected "Yes"
Please stand by while a SWAT team is dispatched to your location.

Gun > any form of fighting. Good one.

So what you're saying is only certain fit healthy people should have guns? Any real reason that disabled people can't have a gun or are you just a discriminatory piece of shit?

>insults instead of arguments/facts
Nice job man

As it is now, muricans are not under immidiate threat. But you have tradition, when hard times come, you'll be prepared.
It's too easy to get guns, but it's not a bad thing that you have access, like quoted.

That's my point is you can't overthrow the government because we allowed police forces to militarize and have a bloated defense budget so the military has a lot of shit. You think some rednecks and neckbeards are going to win in a fight against them? Look at Ruby ridge and Waco. You don't stand a chance

>people with serious mental illnesses
nor should they be able to reproduce

Because this has nothing to do with liberals. You fucking liberals brought it up as OP accusing liberals of wanting to ban guns you retard.

People with who hear voices, people on terror watch lists, etc should not have access to serious weapons.

Guns are for pussies. Be a man and get your hands dirty, faggot.

Yeah because your 8000 hours of karate lessons will magically render you bullet proof. Fucking idiot don't be pissed that superior intellects have found more efficient ways to manage their time, which probably explains why I'm earning 10x your yearly income in a month.

He also said civilized and calling someone a retard for stating an opinion is not civilized.

>muh guns
You're a retard and a hypocrite

Just let the dumb amerifats kill themselves in peace

>be user
>"You're a retard"
>Am I cool now?
>Am I random enuff?

Ah so a person needs to be a perfect model of health and citizenship to own a gun, who gets to decide that? Cause it sounds like you're arguing for legalised discrimination their buddy and that shit is pretty fucking un American

There are other weapons you can use other than guns dipshit.

And no one cares about your monthly income. No one even asked.

If you don't hear voices you are probably deaf. You should get that checked out

>this has nothing to do with liberals
No, people who support gun control have nothing to do with a conversation about gun control. What the actual fuck?

Guns are cool as shit and the vast majority of people don't go all crazy and kill people. Its problem areas and crazy people. And I can't stand the small minority fucking it up for the rest of the population.

Except it's not

>am I random enuff
Please, as if calling someone a retard on this board os randomy. Go back to tumblr

>further increase our prison populations.

fuck off let go all those innocent negroes who you put in jail for life literally for carrying fucking weed in their back pocket in case you didnt shoot them with 20 rounds for loitering.

You get the point.

If you are blind you can't get a driver's license. If you are crazy you shouldn't be able to get a gun.

MOLON LABE MUTHAFUCKA I AM KING LEONIDAS OF GEORGIA COLD DEAD HANDS MUTHAFUCKA

>insults
Look kid, this is a grown up conversation. If you would like to voice your opinion, go ahead. Otherwise, fuck off.

So then the conversation of gun control only goes to people who disagree with it?

Oh cool so you go train in bushido for the next 5 years and learn how to use a katanta weeb boy and I'll keep going about my daily business of not being a retard and devoting my time to actual intellectual pursuits safe in the knowledge that I have a gun and can protect myself with out wasting my time and money. A gun is for protection and is the best method of home protection for busy people who actually contribute to society rather than neet losers like you sitting around in your mother's basement all day jacking off and admiring your katanta collection

I mean I guess. But a lot less cringe and tardedness

No. That's not what I said. I'm saying both sides need to be represented.

Yeah but who defines crazy and to what extent does one have to be crazy in order to become a second class citizen not worthy of the same God given right as every other American

I'm sorry but you're talking about things that haven't been tested through history... Prohibition creates illegal organized crime to provide a commodity to the consumer. And they do it more efficiently then the government ever could imagine. Same concept with guns, but ten times worse you're stealing someone's right to defend themselves. If anyone ever comes to take my guns I'll kill all of them where they stand. I've got a right to defend myself, and you're trespassing. Only reason I need.

>No, people who support gun control have nothing to do with a conversation about gun control.
>people who support gun control
>have nothing to do with
>conversation

Well it might not be what you meant, but you sure say it.

Nope, guns in this country are well regulated...but it's still easy to get them with the right friend, veteran etc...I think you're an idiot plus, I want everyone to have a gun. Defend yourself

If gun control worked, Chicago would be one of the safest cities in the country.

Historical point. Gun control was started to keep Blacks unarmed and unable to resist abuse at the hands of the KKK.
The Democrats persist on pushing for more gun control because they want a powerful, central government that does not need to fear the people they would dominate.

And you trust the government? Fuck you're such a liberal nigger scumbag. I know you can't be trusted. Fucking globalist piece of shit. Not one fiber of freedom is in your bones. I hope I can kill your bloodline one day. You shouldn't be allowed to procreate. Fucking marxists...

You're on the internet way too fuckn much.

Just cause you don't have a gun, doesn't mean you have a fucking katana as a weapon jesus christ grow tf up. A couple alternatives to automatic firearms that I can think of off the top of my head are Stun guns. Pellet guns. Knifes. Be indiana jones and use a whip for all I care, it doesn't matter what you use. There are alternatives to guns.

Ok alex jones shut the fuck up

Yeah, but not many weapons have the range/power of a gun either. Any sharp or blunt weapon's ability will be very tied to the strength of the wielder. i.e. if a 250 pound handed nigga busts into the home of a 110 pound woman with a knife, she hardly stands a chance.
The only factor with a gun is aiming it at what you want to shoot, it's have the same power/force regardless of who's firing it. Hence, it's by far the superior choice for defense and the great equalizer in "power" when other factors (height, weight, etc...) would tip the scales.

Wrong again gun sales would increase if they were illegal because people would.be more scared. Honestly it would cause a 2nd civil war if someone amended the Constitution to take guns. There would be millions of people rushing to Washington to protest with their guns.

>we have to pass laws to know what's in them

Very slippery slope m8

Sounds like you need to change to the libertarian party

You don't need a fucking sniper rifle or ar-15 to protect yourself in your home. Guns were fine back in the 1800s when they were still fuckin muskets and shit, but if our founding fathers new how firearms would evolve, they sure as hell wouldn't agree on the right to bear arms.

Damn you can't even decide what career to choose but you're 100% certain how 300 year old dead men would feel about guns.

You clearly know nothing about guns

Can I remind you of an indiana jones scene

You've seen Indian Jones then? The film where he literally pulls a gun and shoots the sword expert dead with no effort cause that's what happens you come at somebody with a knife they will shoot you Dead in a heartbeat, grow the fuck up kid, move out of your parents basement and maybe you'll be capable of actually thinking about a post.

There are checks and systems for this exact thought but you can't stop criminals from paying you 3 times the avg. Price for your gun with scraped numbers. Oh great, wait 5 weeks go buy a new gun. That's how easy it is for a criminal to buy a gun. So, no matter what we do they will get guns because of your human greed. Best way to defend yourself is buy your own...and they're really cool Mechanical designs, and beautiful artwork, also, guns appreciate as years progress collectors are willing to pay big bucks.
mFW my gun collection is worth more than your bank account
mFW I don't own that many guns, just the right ones. Collectors items!!

>Nobody is taking your guns!!!
>You just can't have x y z
>Oh and maybe w should be banned
>You have ALL THESE
>Hmm v and u are too much
>YOU HAVE YOUR GUNS JESUS CHRIST
>t looks kinda bad
Ad nasuem

I agree.

Sorry, OP, but you're going to have to stop being level-headed about this and be a bigger polarizing edgelord like the rest of us.

So you kind of understand the market but clearly not the gun portion. Anytime legislation is coming down the pipe ragarding some type of ban related to firearms sales sky rocket. Please do your research before chiming in your opinion.

Not true, any restriction on my gun rights is a further step towards taking my guns. You know my name and my address and my SSN when I buy a gun so yeah fuck you idiot. Go die cancer kys.

History begs to differ