Is this anime based ?

Sup Forums whorships this anime, any reason ? How much redpilled it is ?

Should I watch it ?

Other urls found in this thread:

kissanime.to/Anime/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes
barnesandnoble.com/w/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-vol-1-yoshiki-tanaka/1122404176?ean=9781421584942
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, you should try it.

>any reason?

It's entirely centered around politics and war strategy. That's why Sup Forums loves it.

It shows flaws of democracy and autocracy. The battles and tactics aren't great. It's a series with a huge range of iconic characters. Avoid the previews after every episode at all costs. The series was made with an audience in mind that had already read the novel and the previews are filled with spoilers.

Also the entire OST consists of classical music.

> That's why Sup Forums loves it.

Is not it because the main character is called Reinhard von Lohengrimm and is a pure ayan ?

It's ok, but since all gooks have very low testosterone, most of the male characters are too effeminate to be believably European.

There are jews in LOTGH ?

Yes.

it's a realistically grim take on interplanetary political and military war written by a cynical but not nihilistic jap with a pretty good eye for societal folleys and trends. It's also loaded to the brim with often dry but memorable and relatable characters

Yang is racist.

>Europeans
>masculine

yeah also that

K-ON is objectively better than Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It is the most sophisticated anime ever created; a tour de force, the pièce de résistance of animation! LoGH is little more than plebeian dreck in comparison, its creators wishing they could have produced an anime with even an inkling of the genius contained within Our Holy K-ON. From the profound debates about eating cake, to the highly philosophical discussions about procrastination, to the marvelous musicianship exhibited by the Light Music Club, K-ON has established itself as the greatest intellectual anime. You cannot disagree unless you are a terrible person. Seriously. It's an infallible law of the universe. K-ON is a masterpiece, and we all know that K-ON has the superior tea scenes.

"A phenomenal chef-d'oeuvre. My fifteen years of work on Evangelion now feel trivial by comparison." — Anno Hideaki, esteemed anime director

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man." — Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States

"I am an uncultured lowborn with pedestrian tastes in anime." — Anonymous plebeian, speaking in reflection of his love for LoGH

It presents a good dialogue about the virtues and flaws of autocracy and democracy.

Also it features Adolf Hitler, except they call him Rudolf, and the main character is basically building a fourth Reich.

I agree, this user was rather rude, we should bless Japan for animes.

>Hitler
>not Yang

They call them 'Phezzani'. although, it could be said ere are multiple sects of Jews throughout the galactic region.

I'm nearing the end of a rewatch of this show. I still get feels when someone dies.

Yes.

phezzani are more typical "merchants" than outright jews but yes they have the typical greedy merchant memes

Yang is a champion of democracy who hates war and hurting people. Basically the opposite of Hitler.

Meanwhile Rudolf, which is two letter from Adolf

>was elected democratically, then took power as an autocrat
>purged the bureaucracy and filled it with those loyal to him
>enforced eugenic policies and slaughtered millions who he deemed inferior
>slowly got madder and madder with power as time went on
>was a german supremacist

Literally just Hitler with his name changed.

only the eternal virgin part of Sup Forums

nigger I was making jokes in regards to the screenshot I posted.

where can you watch this cartoon?

hello ahmed

kissanime.to/Anime/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes pretty high quality rips

This show would've been much better if Yang just accepted the role of an autocrat and became an unwilling philosopher king leading his people in a time of turmoil, only to abdicate once the republic was safe again.

torrent it on nyaa, try to find the LaserDisc rips so you don't have to look at the ugly DVD redraws.

There's Jews, and then the Jews who are Jewing the Jews.

FUCK THEY HAD PREDICTED THIS????

>German name
>Aryan

WE WUZ ARYANZ N SHIIIET DEN DA JOOZ DUN GENOCIDED US

Nope, watch it again. They resemble the Ashkenazi perfectly, acting as impartial and open to all parties while fucking over both sides. They also aren't capable of defending themselves beyond blackmail and sabotage and will harbour criminals and thieves for immediate gain.

>PREDICTED

No, they just looked to the past. It's just a part of history that repeats itself.

also if you're going to watch it you should watch the movie titled "My Conquest is the sea of stars" it takes place before the main series and showcases reinhard and yang meeting for the first time

One of the first scenes is literally about how degeneracy caused the democratic alliance of planets to become weak; while the neo-monarchist Aryan empire got stronger.

Who were more Jewy, Terraists or Phezzani?
it's the way of all societies, eventually they degrade
No homo

also the art style is fucking amazing

terraists = zionists
phezanni = banker merchant jews
they're the same bruh

This has also been a way of society, I guess.

>no one would possibly think to drop a fusion bomb into the gas planet
>meanwhile, on Reinhard's ship
>fire fusion bombs into the planet
kek

Phezzani are like those secular Jews who run the banks and finance companies, while the Earth Cult are like the rabbinical orthodox Jews who never cut their sideburns and make pilgrimages to Israel. They're different Jews but Jews all the same.

Go read it, the first novel just came out barnesandnoble.com/w/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-vol-1-yoshiki-tanaka/1122404176?ean=9781421584942

Only took them 30 years to translate them. I probably will be buying them later.

There is massive flaw.

Yang is a semi-god and lohengran is shit-tiers but lucky, i spoil nothing you see that very fast

Oh man this was so fucking funny
No explanation, either

Terraists were more like Muslims or some insane sect of Buddhism, tbbqh, famiglia.

I don't know if it would've been better, but I do think they fucked up Yang's characterization a bit. He was always looking for the easy way out, realized that autocracy isn't necessarily bad, and knew that the Alliance was fucked if he didn't do anything.

There was no compelling reason as to why he didnt take power then retire with his waifu as soon as he fixed shit.

That would've also made a goat crisis for Reinhard, who became Kaiser even when his stated reasons for doing so were void by that point.

Just got mine today, translation seems pretty good.

>most of the male characters are too effeminate to be believably European.
>he thinks modern Europeans are masculine

All anime characters are effeminate by European standards.

considering the phezzani were working with the terraists no they're zionists

>Who were more Jewy

No idea, haven't finished it tbhf.

It's the best
Good observation on the jew parallel. The terraists are that weird religious group obsessed with their old holy land, most people just leave them be and tolerate them. The Phezanni are the mostly secular, globalist bankers and merchants that play both sides of every conflict and are all affiliated with the terraists.
((PURE COINCIDENCE))

No, that just would have been another Western war story.

Should've just based him on Cincinnatus, really. But in the end Yang was probably too lazy to bother with something like that.

fucking 80s

>implying Yang needs a reason to hate niggers
I just imagined Yang as the chink from Empire of Dust scolding Mashengo

Thanks user but is there a version that not in gibberish? i already have enough of shit to read tonight.

I think they were trying to do something new with that trope, I can see why, but I wish they'd done it better. Only part of the show that bothered me

>torrent it on nyaa
i don't even know what that shit means

BITT
EN
FELD

Yang is a really boring character, i hink he is inspired from a mythical vision of hannibal.

Some people think hannibal was a incredible leader but loose because of the republic

nyaa.eu
you can search for Legend of the Galactic Heroes and torrent it.
If you don't know how to torrent, google that shit and find a decent torrent client.

He was such a fuckup sometimes it was endearing.

I really wanted Yang to take power himself when I was watching the series, but his decision makes sence.
Yang was a lazy guy, he never really wanted to be a soldier that much. He found he had great talent and ability for it and he honestly believes in the virtues of democracy, yet also realises the positive sides of the autocracy presented to him. He chose the path of less bloodshed when it came to principles vs winning

>Oberstein
>Doing anything wrong

>Should I watch it?
Yes watch it!

>Sup Forums whorships this anime, any reason?
Politics and war tactics are made use of.
Different political systems in use.
Watching and learning the main background for the story and how the story progresses will pretty much explain how it has a relation to the common interests of Sup Forums.

Also there are statements made which are simply flawless and distinct to this series.

>How much redpilled it is?
It gives a good idea how some political systems work and are applied fairly well for this work of fiction.

Those less aware of politics can learn a fair amount from this series.

Well, Hannibal also won his battles because of the stupidity of his enemies and using semi-circles.

It's alright, not nearly as intellectual as K-ON! though.

I'm reading On War by Clausewitz and I'm wondering if there's a parallel between Oberstein and Clausewitz.

I know, and they did kind of justify it when qt's dad went full coup, but sheeeeeit

This guy lasted long.

you best not be talking shit on semi circles

Pretty sure he's a walking combo of him and Machiavelli.

Its Hitler allegory is a genocidal strawman who realizes his dream of racial purity by sanctioning horrific mass experimentation and the gassing of undesirables. Everyone with any moral standards despises the guy and wants to be as least like him as possible.

I'm surprised Sup Forums likes this so much.

The novels are licensed now and being released in english starting this year.

Its Hitler allegory is what most people percieve Hitler to be, except he won and became ruler of the world and started a dynasty.

I think it wasn't so much that everyone hates Goldenbaum (I see what he was going for) but that the Dynasty was a degenerate, corrupt, bureaucratic nightmare that needed reform in the guise of Lohengramm.

alright, Thanks user

Yang directly said the main reason he wanted peace was so he could retire and be lazy. He even hated the fact the war got started up like that because he didn't expect it and that meant he had to work hard.

Yang was a principled man. He wanted to be lazy with his hot wife, and the only way to do that was to put a stop to the fighting and make sure things wouldn't fall apart and ruin his laziness.

Now that's some pro-active laziness if I ever saw it.

Because
A. The Hitler strawman is a background character

B. The series itself is pretty redpilled

C. The Hitler strawman's methods are portrayed as shitty, but also somewhat necessary

its just like any sort of power system, it eventually becomes corrupt

It's pretty good so far. I've barely started it though.
I'm loving the political intrigue and how it portrays morality as grey and grey instead of black and white.

Kek

You forget the power of diversity and feminism in the democratic fleet

They're too powerful to be placed in the hands of a single individual.

yes land wales and fast breeding minorities make excellent shields

this bitch

No problem, watch My conquest is the Sea of Stars movie as a prequel, and Overture of a new war can replace the first three episodes, if you desire. The DVD rips have some very noticeable redraws, it can be jarring, the LaserDisc rips don't have this, but the picture quality isn't as good.
that's true.
As long as there's no heavy lifting, a female is fine too. Von Mariendorf also supported Reinhard in the fleet.
tactical half circle incoming, take cover

> Goldenbaum

The politicians for the republic really can all draw parallels to whatever our favorite hated elected officials are these days. They exhibited the same sort of blase carelessness about starting wars and rejecting people's rights.

That's one of my favorite parts of the series is the constant comparison between a dictatorship ruled by a good man versus a republic ruled by bad people, and then the contrast when it becomes clear to Reinhard that his death could lead his empire to ruin, whereas a republic does not care about the death of single individuals as much.

Does anyone have the "we're going to turn this world into an amusement park", "thank you, liberals" bit?

>war strategy

also requesting Kaiser Kasper and his castrated choir