I have 50 k saved, should i travel or buy a house

fuck bitches

invest you fucking retard

if you're from canada look into gics with RBC

i know but should i do it at home or around the world

house. But why ask Sup Forums!?

You could buy me a game from my wishlist too,please
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960542560/

im 30 in a couple days but i havent done shit trip wise i wanna do it big while im young so i can fuck bitches

ill check out your list you nigger

Invest/save buy a skateboard and chill

but i live that life in my head and become a slave with a mortgage get old get fat then what i cant travel and fuck the kinda girls i want

Post your credit card number and exp date so we can make sure...

Any fags know a good way to make money while traveling

Where the fuck can you buy anything with 50k?

If I wanted to buy a house here I had to spend 1mil...for a small one not in the best place.

Send Nudes

I'm gonna need some sauce on that pic before I give my advice

50k house ?
cardboard house maybe, but don't expect better

OBV I'm talking about a down payment on changing life to living with a mortgage get in the game you extreme case of autism ...... lol

You can't buy a house with 50k

>50k
>buy a house
lolwat? A first down payment perhaps.

Sauce

Has anyone traveled a while and got any stories

Invest it, you arent going to find a nice house for 50K, invest it properly and retire early.

travel now while you can. you won't be able to do it forever

Man thats the brain talking. im 30 single decent looking can talk to girls, imma do this right to get the picture

>Turning 30 in a couple days
>Decent looking good body 6ft nice, funny, can talk to girls
>Living with dad after tragedy
>Worked for Uber saved 50 K
>Deciding wether to get mortgage or travel

>50k
>buy a house
So you're shopping for the mobile variety.

Have you traveled before.?

Sauce

gwah

That doesnt do the trick either.

I thought about buying here (not a house just an apartment) but is just isnt a good idea if you do not have enough cash.
Even with the low interest these days I would have to pay maybe 30% up front and after that I would have to pay interest for 30+ years

Real talk
do the house but rent the rooms out.
I started doing that when I was 20.
I'm 30 now with 4 houses. I could live off of just being a landlord but it'd be living cheaply. So I'm going to keep growing my properties until I can live comfortably off of being a land lord. I'm aiming at quitting my job at 40.

sauce

Sauce please

>50k
>Thinks he can buy a house

Photoshop/10

>Doesn't understand mortgages
>Opens mouth in housing thread

Whiskey, hookers, and cocaine.

Wow dude i'm impressed. i just don't want life to slip by without living it. i know i can always make money again somehow and push but im going to be 30 and i want to just travel, fuck and enjoy life day to day experiencing new shit seeing new shit

I'm in

equity

Travel, and buy a house in a foreign country. You can buy some places in Vietnam (the good parts like Vung Tau) for hella cheap.

the fuck you ppl have that fetish with travelling ???? i dont fucking get it , what for

Invest a good chunk. Some aggressive gics then travel. Don't waste in house yet.

life becomes boring same shit day after day traveling means to us new experiences new people a chance to start over.

dollar-cost average -> invest the amount based on your remaining life expectancy into index or mutual funds and travel in the mean time. >young
i think you missed a spot m8

So my friend is planning on buying his first house excatly like you did just to rent it out and he thinks hes gonna be like rich or something but I keep telling him not to blow all of his hard earned money into a random house that he may have to upkeep and take care of forever

I think about that Option but i love my country and i heard bad things for Vietnam the condos are like falling apart

You can buy 2 houses in columbus ohio for that kind of money. Just have to buy them from Auction.com.

DONT TALK ABOUT REAL ESTATE IF U KNOW NOTHING FAGGOT SNOW

if american?
note op but ive been thinking the same

another retard xD

fly u fool. travel b4 u lose ur youth

FINALLY, someone who feels the same way about it as I do. Whenever I go on a travels I cannot wait to get home. Let's be honest, if you live in the west, you live in the best places in the world. Places like India, China, anywhere in africa or southern America are a complete shithole, why the fuck would you want to go there out of free will? Spend your life savings on it LOL

I think i will

financial crisis did nothing to u eh? how'd u do it?

I agree, I have traveled to many other countries and america is THE FUCKING BEST.

My consensus is that the rest of the world wants to be like america. Slowly but surely they will become it.

Traveling ineffectively will waste all your money, you can do the traveling part when you area bit older at a time. Soon airlines like

Wow.air

Frontier

and several others will offer really cheap flights so you can wait for deals and travel then

This user has it.

I know you feel loaded because you saved some money. Do you want to have to do that all over again while paying for a house, a wife, and 4 kids? Oh yes, we know, it'll never happen to you.... but it will.

Living life and having fun doesn't mean you need to piss your savings away. Sure, go on a trip. But don't blow all your money.

I'm 42. I did a pretty good job of saving my earnings over the years. It just so happens that I then married a girl worth a bit over a million...

But I own a business working with old folks. Nothing more sad than folks getting old and unable to support themselves. Getting old ain't cheap.

Buy a house in a popular touristy area, like colorado, live it in and VRBO it, if it gets booked bail out and take the cash, travel while your house is getting rented, now you get to travel and own a house.

name of model this was terribly shooped from?

I felt the same way... then I traveled. And don't bother going to some all-inclusive resort which is just a chunk of America placed someplace exotic. Get the fuck out into the world. It's an amazing place.

Buy a traveling user, buy a boat or an RV

people should learn to enjoy being where they are and experience nature around them instead of running in circles and "hurrrrr lets see magical ancient triangles pyramids and desert horses camels"

buy a mobile home. that way its both.

47k -> house or other investment
3k -> travel

Never be afraid to enjoy some of the rewards of your hard work. But you should be socking away enough money to retire on - which means, 401k/IRA investments and purchase of a decent house which will appreciate in value.

42 years old here, just broke $1 million USD in my retirement account, with another 100-150k in savings spread across a brokerage account and a couple checking / money market accounts.

Depending on where you live, and what your family situation is, 50k should be a nice down-payment on a nice place to live. However - especially as a new owner - do NOT deplete your liquid funds fully - you should have at least 6 months of "normal" living expenses (rent/mortgage, utilities, groceries, etc. - assuming you cut nothing & live as you do now) saved up. You should be able to stretch that to 9-12 months if you really cut costs in case you lose a job, or suddenly need a new water heater or some other expensive home mechanical bullshit.

If you don't have savings for that sort of stuff, make that #1 priority after you get settled in the new place and take your vacation.

ITT: OP is immature and really wants to travel for some reason

I'm happy as hell where I live. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else... but damn.. that doesn't mean I don't want to see the world. Fuck I feel sorry for you people who never go beyond your doorstep.

i was also travelling some in the past and i hate it
world just convinces me that i dont fit anywhere
well fuck this planet ill fly to trappist-1 check whats going on there

Invest in crypto currencies and double it within a week

sauce?

travel is overrated.

>invest
>gics with RBC
((RBC))
Good luck beating inflation

If you can do it at home do it at home.
Carry drugs in your butthole.
This, if you buy a house you can afford, you will end up fucking negro bitches and die of aids.
Because of white genocide, America is regressively turning into a 3rd world country.

Travel first. you gonna regret it in a couple of years.
You're not gonna buy jackshit for $50k, best put down a downpayment and take on a mortgage. Become slave to the bank and never be able to leave.
Take $15k out. put the rest in some liquid investment and just leave. Hit vietnam, thailand, cambodia. You can fuck till your dick drop off. then try eastern europe. You can last 4-5 months easy on $15k.
Deal with the house shit when you get back.

This guy gets it. Buy houses near a university with limited housing. Parent's foot the bill. You'll have lots of turn over, but no deadbeats.

4-5 months on 15k ? In eastern europe you can literally last 15 months with 15k

>Worked for Uber saved 50 K
Get the fuck outta here...

He's not talking about lasting, he's talking about having a REALLY good time.

He could buy 50 houses with that kind of money in Detroit.

50k is not enough for a house, you need 700 in asia, 1500/month im us, europe, just travel mate

Meant whore mongering and travelling between south east asia and eastern europe for 5 months. Not living in a tundra crying over the price of bread.

for starters you can give some sauce for that loli ass.

Fuck i love 4 chan i knew you plebs would come threw great advice thanks everyone.

Bullshit. In the US, 50k is a 20% down-payment on a 250k home. That means you'll take a 200,000 mortgage, which results in a mortgage payment of around $900 a month (plus/minus depending on your credit rating).

Looking on any friendly internet real estate site, there are plenty of small homes and condos that cost 250k or less.

I live in the Boston area, and while you're not going to get something in downtown Boston for that price, you can find plenty of new-construction possibilities within 25 miles (just outside of I-495). Go a bit south to Providence, and you can get something inside Providence city limits for that price, and Providence is actually a really nice small city.

Since New England is one of the more expensive areas in the US, it's a good bet that you can find something pretty much anywhere in this price range.

Bonus - if you buy, you're not lining your landlord's pocket, you're actually building a reasonable investment which will appreciate in value while you own it.

do you even grammar faggot?
go back to school, you have a lot more to learn before posting here.

sauce plz, not the ariana fake, the owner of the ass

this.

I just bought a pre-construction condo with a 55k downpayment. The housing market is pricey in the greater Toronto area so good luck buying a detached house with only 50k. I estimate my investment has already appreciated 90k based off listing price of similar units.

i don't know about prices of housing in your area, but where i live you could afford about 30m2 of house with 50k(EU).

about the saving... have you thought about investing in Gold?

Mmm... Toronto. I had a girlfriend there once upon a time...

Love that waterfront, bro. Banged my wee ginger lass late in the evenings many times on the balcony of her condo on Bathurst Street.

where the hell do you live that you can buy a house for 50k??

Set up a LLC, buy a house under it's name, and then rent out the house.

Make sure you read up on renter's laws and the like, though.

Mortgage payments are cheaper than rent. So you can get them to pay for your mortgage *and* make a tidy profit.

this is what you do:

put the 10/15% down payment on the house,
rent out the basement, and one room upstairs at 500-750/month

this should be enough to pay your mortgage for you. (maybe make some extra on the side)

then you save the accrued money and in 2 years you will have made between 24-36K this will allow you to go travelling whilst making mortgage payments. take it from a former accountant who is currently going for his masters in macro economics (i know, this is micro econ but the logic of finances doesn't differ.) If you want to be really strategic, buy a house somewhere with a lot of industry (somewhere people can make good money with little to no education, For example, somewhere the oilfields are booming like texas or northern Canada.) people will be willing to pay more for rent, housing prices will be higher but that will inhibit those workers from buying and creates a more stable and lucrative environment for property owners. plus people wont care you're charging a lot for rent, because their stupid and spend all their money on cars and trucks as soon as they get it.

make your money work for you, that's capitalism baby.

tips M'lady

>buy an acre or two in Oregon
>beautiful place, legal weed, fun
>build tiny home on the land

lol sorry bro i never said i was smart

Great Advice M'lady

buy house, rent out, travel with profits

Buy a Toyota GT86 and maybe supercharge it.
There is no other affordable new car which is so much fun driving