Obama activates 'Catastrophic Emergency' powers, creates new Executive branch: Nobody Cares Edition

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_and_Homeland_Security_Presidential_Directive
>Enduring Constitutional Government," or "ECG," means a cooperative effort among the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Federal Government, coordinated by the President....to execute constitutional responsibilities and provide for orderly succession, appropriate transition of leadership, and interoperability and support of the National Essential Functions

This directive issued by George Bush Jr. in 2007 claims directorial power for the executive branch over the other two branches in the event of a constitutional crisis.

>>US President Barack Obama has signed an executive order establishing a team to aid smooth transition process for the new administration as he demits his office next year after eight years in power.

>The White House Transition Council, comprising of about a dozen members, is headed by his Chief of Staff, Denis McDonough. The other officials include Director of National Intelligence[...] national security, homeland security and counter-terrorism.
>“To facilitate the Presidential transition, including assisting and supporting the transition efforts of the transition teams of eligible candidates, there is established a White House Transition Coordinating Council,”
whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/05/06/executive-order-facilitation-presidential-transition
Obama officially invoked the powers asserted by the 2007 national directive on May 6th, 2016. He has devolved powers reserved by the constitution solely for the Commander in Chief to the council and given it power beyond his authority.

TL;DR instead of the supreme court deciding disputes over the outcome of an election result (Florida 2000), crises over the transition of presidential power will be resolved by the executive branch itself.

Who ready for Obama and Director James Clapper to declare the next president of the United States?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Core
scribd.com/mobile/doc/311747555/Obama-Executive-Order-2017-Presidential-Transition-Assembly
reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4icob9/obama_activates_catastrophic_emergency_powers/
reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4icnz7/obama_signs_executive_order_allowing_him_to_steal/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_and_Homeland_Security_Presidential_Directive
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If there is a state with disputed results that would determine whether Trump or Hillary gets to be the next Consul of Washington, whats the over/under on Obama's team siding with Trump's contention?

jesus christ
fucking obama

now post the edit

Holy fuck

They are doing ever thing they can to stop trump from becoming president

Bush actually issued the directive creating the framework for this presidential power grab, Obama is simply executing his orders.

Might be time to go back and look at all of the 2spoopy national directives that were coming out of the Bush white house post 9/11 which were almost too sensationally alarming to be true.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Core

but there is no counstiutional crisis?

They can do these things because we have been in a continuous state of emergency.

Constitutional crisis means anything I want.

scribd.com/mobile/doc/311747555/Obama-Executive-Order-2017-Presidential-Transition-Assembly

Sounds like they're in charge of shredding papers.

What do you mean goy, he will have a special representative looking out for his interests on the council, chosen by Obama especially for him :^)

In the opening lines of the executive order he frames the democratic process for the transition of national power itself as a crisis necessitating the formation of this council.

Democracy is a catastrophic emergency in the year 2016.

Reform politics the police economics culture law

Trump BTFO!!!!

[spoiler]Sadly.[/spoiler]

someone tweet this to trump

And reshuffling the current federal and cabinet appointments in such a way that whoever comes in next will have the greatest difficulty trying to replace the people who are presently empowered within the bureaucracy with their own people.

They want to establish as little opportunity for change in actual government beyond the figurehead come 2017 as they possibly can.

This is my bet. If it were Hillary, Cruz, Rubio, or JEB! they would have just used the machine built over the last 30 years and handed it over for the next guy to use. If Trump gets a hold of it EVERYONE who touched it in the past is getting wrecked.

So we find our about military and police loyalty?

this
Trump needs to know the crooked shit they're trying to pull

That's why the council has the power to make every one of those people while still remaining government officials in some capacity or another.

The vermin are not going to just abandon their hive at the mere appearance of the exterminator.

I tweeted him but he gets thousands of tweets. We need to make sure he gets this.

Send it to Alex Jones he knows trumps people

You need to ask him if the president has officially approached the Trump campaign about who they would like to be their representative on 'the council'. The appointment must be filled by 11:59 tomorrow night according to the executive order.

I'm sure his campaign would relish having the authority to dictate legal appointments to President Obama right now.

Huh? You really think they'll clean out the dark secrets and hand it over carte blanche to Trump?

This sounds much more like the setup of a technical loophole that will give Hillary the win like Bush got Florida.

It also allows the Obama administration to have an executive body ramifying the status quo within the federal bureaucracy with the power to continuously reorganize the internal deployment of their power brokers from now up to inauguration day (although not necessarily ending there).

They will do everything they can to entrench the existing structure. This council is by designed to frustrate installation of the next president's cabinet and make the actual 'transition' of power as difficult as possible.

Can someone actually explain the details of how this will hypothetically play out? I don't understand the details of how the committee is claiming it should work.

The closer we get to November, the closer it looks like the second Civil War might actually be coming after all. Lincoln getting the election when half the country despised him was enough given the tension. There's tons of tension now between the left and anti-authoritarians.

Basically he is creating a federal agency he heads that can control who becomes president and limit the power and information the successor has

Reminder that the true constitutional crisis is when the President commits illegal acts and congress refuses to impeach him.

I fucking hate Obama and his shitty executive orders. We need to make this go viral.

We need to come up with a short clear slogan that explains what this agency does, and spread it.

On the other hand, this makes me a feel a lot better in that the elections might be more genuine than we thought. People in high places seem to be showing real fear Trump might be elected, and taking appropriate actions to prepare so nothing actually gets changed.

...yet. Maybe this means there is a major happening soon.

I could really see this play out into some sort of military cou

FUCK

This thread is being slid hard. This information needs to get to Trump. Just imagine him tweeting a link to this and saying
>hey Obama, whatcha doin'?

It isn't an agency, it is more akin to the joint chiefs, with greater asserted legal authority. They are literally the manifestation of the power and 'responsibility' of the executive branch to direct the democratic process in such a way that it ensure the continued existence of an 'enduring constitutional government'. According to the 2007 national directive this council's power derives from direct responsibility for maintenance of the US constitution's enforcement.

You could think of them in relation to Obama the way that the Queen is related to the British parliament; aspects of her sovereign power are inherently within the auspice of parliaments authority to effect those powers on society. The council is a devolution of power like the canadian government is to the crown.

nice Reich dubs

Our best bet for this to get traction is to make it known on /r/donald. They'll fucking be all over this.

This. Time to utilize our colony for something beyond simple exposure.

bump

the_donald

bump

Someone post this to /r/donald and put a link here. We'll upvote the shit out of it.

>Who ready for Obama and Director James Clapper to declare the next president of the United States?
>they didn't believe us when we told them Obongo wanted to stay in power 5ever
King Nigger might not be the face of the US government anymore, but it's obvious he will be pulling the strings of Shillary

FEMA camps soon

If Obama tries to take the presidency from Trump it will start a civil war.

Remember when Sup Forums used to distribute information itself?

I hope we have another Civil War.

We're in a position now more than ever to beat the fuck out of the federal government. Most of the military would be in favor of the civilian side over fighting for the government. This is literally a struggle to whoever can start or stop the impending civil war first.

The White House Transition Coordinating Council, its members, or their designees shall endeavor to obtain such facts and information from individuals representing a range of bipartisan or nonpartisan viewpoints. If the White House Transition Coordinating Council, its members, or their designees find it necessary to seek advice from private individuals or outside organizations, such counsel should be sought in a manner that seeks individual advice and does not involve collective judgment or deliberation.

Hey, rabbi.

I wonder what sorts of people are going to be consulted :^)

Don't even care; two bad choices in their own unique ways on the ballot anyways. Besides, if you're that overly concerned about "immigration", it going to solve itself once the literally astronomical amount of debt we are piling up requires servicing and investors say "Fuck that".

This, combined with rising energy prices over time mean we're in for a nice little Great Depression on the horizon.

Hold on to your butts.

Linking to reddit... what have I done...

reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4icob9/obama_activates_catastrophic_emergency_powers/

okay desu senpai

reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4icnz7/obama_signs_executive_order_allowing_him_to_steal/

We are. We still do.
If we directly link from here it will be called a far right wing conspiracy theory. You should realize that. Using a more mainstream outlet like plebbit has better impact.

shitty title

give it something like

Obama suspends democracy

Oh I didn't post that, it was user.

Social Media has become much more viable. We used to spread shit when shit like facebook and twitter weren't popular or existed. We have the tools to reach millions, why not use them?

I'm going to try and read up to get at least a 6/10 grasp of what this really means. THe more who get it the better. Quoting art of the deal:

> I believe in the power of negative thinking. I happen to be very conservative in business. I always go into the deal anticipating the worst. If you plan for the worst—if you can live with the worst—the good will always take care of itself.

It's been growing on me that I've embraced my lack of purpose just by being here for as long as I have now. The only way I can have any meaning at this point is if civil war begins again. It's what's right.

I'm sure his research teams have already had wind of it.

How old are you guys? If you're under 30, TRUMP would be very disappointed in your defeatist attitude. If you're over 30 it's hard to change and I understand, but it's still worth it and the right thing to do.

What fucking defeatist attitude?
Fuck our government, and fuck our government all the way back to the 50s.
Fuck them right in their lying deceiving opportunist power hungry greedy ass. I've wanted a civil war in this nation well before this and I hope every single one of the fucks in the federal government gets executed publicly right on the lawn of the white house.

The fact something like this won't start a Civil War,

the fact that if the election in November gets called into question and the victory by default goes to Hillary would be applauded by ~40% of Americans is fucking infuriating.

NO ONE should stand for this, EVEN if your candidate gets the victory.

ESPECIALLY IF YOUR PARTY USES THIS TO WIN

You need to read yesterday's executive order, "National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive" (or Executive Order 51), "Presidential Transition Act of 1963", and the July 2001 presidential memorandum amending the meaning of the PTA-1963.

They collectively are the framework for a body of the executive branch that has been developing towards wielding institutional power autonomously and essentially in direct opposition to the office of the president.

It is a body claiming to wield executive power over our system of government separate from the commander in chief.

In my opinion, this executive order solidifies the existence of a fourth branch within the balance of power, regulating the judiciary, presidency, and legislature.
1) assuming the right to validate (or invalidate) the claim of all future candidates for the presidency to any direct involvement in the selection and delegation of offices within the executive which will constitute the president's cabinet
2)implying the ability to arbitrate the putative interests of the competing presidential candidates in wielding the power of the executive to enact their personal agendas through the logistical application of presidential power
3)The creation of codified frameworks for the administration of the federal government that rely on novel legal interpretations and are enforceable by expenditure of the national treasury.

They now basically have the role of asking 'what kind of governing body you want senpai?"

Fun fact: the roman senate continued to operate as the legal entity deriving the greatest legal authority as the direct representatives of the Roman citizens' sovereignty all the way through the entire existence of the Roman Empire, right up until it was conquered by the germans.

They were never dissolved and their authority was never amended constitutionally.

I'm really hoping desu this is some crazy pills talking right now.

I keep re-reading this thing to see if it means what I think it means.
The last section seems very benign:
>(d) This order is intended only to facilitate the transition and is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

But that also looks like it can be interpreted any way you want and make it seem legitimate.

This executive order is simply an activation of the sweeping powers referred to in the 2007 order, which is actually where the claim of new legally enforceable power was created.

Whoever is running that reddit thread with all the commenters who don't get the thread of legal inventions here, you need to throw in this fucking link
Put it in your OP dog