Why did the engineer go from 0 to 10 on the rage scale in a matter of seconds after just engaging humans in casual...

Why did the engineer go from 0 to 10 on the rage scale in a matter of seconds after just engaging humans in casual conversation?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/161357860
movieline.com/2012/06/20/prometheus-secrets-revealed-what-did-david-say-to-the-engineer/
youtube.com/watch?v=sQVFYLf8_eI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgw0jeu_-c
youtube.com/watch?v=32mxZxv3dYM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dumbass soldier type
>trapped at da weapons depot when other fags left
>go to sleep see if they come back after him
>pissant experiments show up
>fuck me, these shits got space ships?
>Not on my watch

It's like you can't even think three dimensionally. Jesus.

Don't know but this thread seems interesting. Have a bump

"We spent ten thousand years genetically engineering new lifeforms.. and we could have just BUILT them out of plastic? FUCK!"

Humans uppity demanding immortality, with David probably taking Wetlands uppity demand for said immortality and saying it in the language of the Engineers in and even MORE uppity tone just to get a rise out of him

These are the type of posts that keep me coming back here and wading through all the shit.

Most Outstanding Post in the Field of Excellence 2016

sounds plausible, for the most part

What's so bad about lesser species like humans having space ships, though? Like bad enough to have him personally make the decision to bomb their planet with terrible bio weapons that make xeno-things?

Also, wasn't there some thing about him being in stasis for 2000 years? Like Jesus was somehow involved in all this?

There was a bit of a disconnect between how he addresses them politely and then just goes berserk.

he was originally on his way to destroy the earth for becoming too advanced. I don't remember why he had to go into stasis though, I haven't seen it in a while
>having a comfy nap
>the creatures you were going to destroy appear and wake you the fuck up
>oh shit better kill these fucks before they find out what's going on

I think he was just a little curious. He was seeing one of their creations who happened to become advanced enough to be a threat right in front of him for the first time. The fact that humans look similar to his race would at to this.

it was whatever david said to him that made him ree

vimeo.com/161357860

I can't tell if he's reacting to Weyland's hubris, despite the language barrier, or just getting sick of listening to his gibberish. Apparently the conversation is in proto-Indo-European, so maybe there's a translation of it somewhere.

Honestly, is Prometheus any good? I never watched it. Alien is a 10/10 classic and I have everything that came after it, I like to pretend the sequels never even happened. This Space Jokey looks like bad CGI.

*hate

he's not CGI he's a man in a suit

he's mostly practical effects though. There was just some trickery to make him seem tall when he was in the same scene as the humans

It would've been good if Damon Lindelof had been kept away from the script

The script is fucking terrible. They clearly had these little action scenes set in their mind, and they just kind of drag the characters from scene to scene, which leaves all the characters acting in totally bizarre ways that either make no sense or are the complete opposite of how they'd actually act.

Other than that it's beautifully shot and the cast is superb.

I dont get it.

>There was just some trickery to make him seem tall
nvm, the guys is just tall as fuck

they could have made synthetic lifeforms instead of letting life evolve from their organic matter over millions of years

You know, I think I know why I hated Prometheus. The WHOLE MOVIE led up to this moment, and they threw it all away so the movie could end like Alien, with the main girl being chased by the monster.

Prometheus look amazing dude, some people hate it but even they admit it looked beautiful

>they could have made synthetic lifeforms
What made you think they could? If you meant the androids, than they are as much of an living organism as your computer.

>it was just a suit the whole time
who's idea was this?!

>Wake up from 10,000 year hibernation
>Don't know if your civilization still exists
>Have no idea what's going on.
>RAWR MUST KILL ALL HUMANS!!

How could a species that advanced fuck up so badly?

>It would've been good if Damon Lindelof had been kept away from the script
I wouldnt be so sure. I think Ridley's lost it.
This movie was always his baby, and he ultimately carries all responsibility for the way it turned out. He was the one who hired Lindelof to rewrite the script for him in the first place, and he was very active in the development of Lindelof's new version.

I always thought the alien got pissed because he saw that David was a synthetic. He was pissed that humans had created "life" albeit flawed, soulless, and in his own image. Quite similar to what they had done. Maybe he finally saw the fruits of the engineers creations, what it had developed to, and became disgusted by it.

It's my favorite in the Alien franchise even though I like Ripley's character a million times more than the ones in this. I like the philosophical questions posed.

Probably the engineering race was involved in a long war against living machines, so when they saw the android dude, they decided to destroy earth

that's good headcanon

>I think Ridley's lost it.

I thought so too. I was so relieved when The Martian turned out to be as good as it was.

He kinda looks like Eminem to me for some reason.

In reality

>finally figured out how to fap in hypersleep
>slowly stroking your massive Engineer space cock over millenia
>been edging for centuries, finally about to let go and experience an orgasm that will last a decade
>so fucking close
>suddenly hatch pops open and it's some jabbering retarded monkeys and their toy doll jibbering at you in 50-IQ Engrish

>Engineer's face when

he looks like handsome squidward

>Plan to exterminate humans because they are becoming too advanced
>Fall asleep
>Wake up
>The humans have now mastered space travel
>They wave guns at you
>One of them screams at you incoherently
>One hits a woman
>An old man begs for immortality via google translate

Holy fuck why does no one get this scene.

A professor who specializes in PIE translated it. At first I thought David basically insulted the Engineer but it turns out he wasn't playing tricks.

He said
>‘This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life’.

movieline.com/2012/06/20/prometheus-secrets-revealed-what-did-david-say-to-the-engineer/

youtube.com/watch?v=sQVFYLf8_eI

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLgw0jeu_-c

One of my favorite comments ever on the engineer scene is

>David would you ask the nice 7 foot tall alien to give me eternal life? I've got your back with a board of wood with a nail through it.

Agreed. Like fuck you make the Engineer go berserk, and fuck you for having some "monster" have to appear when her babymonster could have been a teaser in the end that there would be a sequel or some shit, just having it circle around the Engineer at the end would have been better.

But
>Lindelof
Well there we go

Humans were an accident, this is proven in the first scene. So, this accident you were trying out extremely dangerous bioweapons to fix, is suddenly at your abandoned facility filled with these bioweapons. Add to that the fact that the dormant ships contain the coordinates to your homeplanet.

Not only that, but the "leader" explains he wants more life. If you're smart, you're going to want to kill everyone to avoid the chance of human greed or ingenuity to send more ships to the planet, and end up spreading the bioweapons throughout the galaxy, maybe even send them to your homeplanet.

C'mon, man. It just makes sense.

Can you handle the truth? If so, read on:
Jesus Christ was actually an engineer and an eco-terrorist, who - 2000 years ago - infiltrated the Prometheus base, released the bio-goo on the soldiers stationed there, and then flew a ship to Earth to warn us (Judgement day being when they attack us with the goo). Then the Romans crucified him for looking like a big white monster, and he just let them do it because he's a hippie pacifist (he 'died for our sins').

>wake up from hypersleep
>sentient subcreatures are talking to you in your language
>the oldest of these cockroaches is demanding more life

How were humans an accident, that looked deliberate to me.

because he was autistic

So, you broke me out of my immortal slumber to ask me for immortality?

I kek'd a little.

This is what I always thought when I watched the movie
>engineers went around creating life on habitable planets because why not
>Later one of these creatures came back and raged war, which is why the are all dead during prometheus annd why they went from creating life to warmongers trying to destroy all there decendents using black goop

He was autist and didn't know how to end the conversation.

>Humans were an accident, this is proven in the first scene
how so? I'm sure the Engineers at the beginning knew what would happen to their DNA in such primordial waters after they did that ritual. You'd think that there would be easier ways to seed life on other planets, other than than having to kill yourself and use your own DNA - especially if you didn't want humans to spontaneously appear later from said DNA traces. It seems more like the engineers at the beginning actually wanted humans to appear.

My guess is that the engineers from the beginning were from a different faction than the ones who occupied the base in the main movie. They may even have been at war with one another

Wait, I've never seen Prometheus, but the ship taking off in that .webm looks exactly the same as the ships in the trailers for Arrival.

The first scene implies a rite of death. He drinks the goo, maybe he was forced to take it and see what it would do to the planet since it's pretty clear the black goo is a bioweapon.

The goo kills the engineer, and it spreads in the water. It's implied this somehow relates to human evolution.

On the original script, the goo affects a bug that then bites a female cave-women. It was taken out because it was too on the nose, and they wanted more "mystery".

Regardless of that, it's pretty clear they were trying to destroy humanity with bioweapons, so go figure.

Maybe they created us to be sex robots, and they got mad after they discovered we gained the power to talk, because talking is a boner killer.

See that's what people don't always understand, the gear wars were never about the gears.

if such a thing happened to me with some funny little house-elves who only lived to be 10 years old or something, my first reaction would certainly not be to just kill them all with my bare hands.

The engineer in the movie was either a psychopath or had previously been given orders to kill us all

you don't know that the black goo and the "potion" from the beginning are the same thing. That is a total assumption

I was just going to say that.

He didn't really seem that mad, he was just testing the guy's theory about gods and living.

You are right, but whether it's the same goo or not, the only thing we know for sure (before the Alien awakes) is that they were planning on infecting the earth with the lethal goo. Call it for science, or they being unhappy with their creation (accidental or not) but the point stands.

The point being that the race you were trying to wipe is now at your doorstep, asking you for more life. Of course the engineer would try to kill them all.

The problem with Prometheus is it reduces the aliens status to a gimmick

What about Ailens... that movie rules.

My interpretation was not that the Engineers directly created humanity, but that they seeded life on Earth itself in some kind of sacrificial ceremony in which one of their own volunteers to take some kind of goop that breaks down his entire body into the most basic life structures that would allow simple organisms to develop. The earth depicted in the scene is a primordial Earth billions of years ago in which life has not developed yet, and the engineer is seeding it.

maybe death is something they engineered or envisioned

yeah, it looked great. It also had some amazing sound. The deep, bassy tones sounded very bizarre and alien. It fitted the overall tone of the movie.

Like others have said, the problem was in the writing

Sneaky violent aliens are the worst. We should build the wall - its the only way to be sure.

It reduced humans to a gimmick too, though.

In john spaihts's original script it's explained that the engineer was awaiting medical care because it had an alien embryo within it and was pissed that they woke it up. Of course the alien isn't in the movie, so it makes almost no sense that they kept in the movie.

don't forget the name of the movie is Prometheus... a Titan who stole Fire and taught humanity how to use it, going against the gods.
I like anons idea that it was a renegade faction. I agree the black goop looks too similar to the bioweapon shit but the fact that ONE of the progenitors came back to check up on us in the form of Jesus (and later died for our sins) means that there were some that cared for humanity.

So why did they want to destroy us? The other faction (probably the majority) didn't feel like having a potential competitor later down the line? Maybe we were evolving a little too quickly. Is it established when their lab went into lockdown? Could it be connected to the crucifixion of Jesus?

Some headcanon: Maybe the seeder faction disagreed with the rest because they were alone in the galaxy. Imagine that, your civilization goes interstellar and as you search and search you realise you are the only ones. A minority may have decided to create pet projects by seeding habitable planets to no longer be alone...

truth

Adam was more perfect than any of the other cast

You know Adam from Adam ruins everything? He claims building a wall will INCREASE immigration.

A pretty reasonable assumption, considering they look exactly the same and seem to do the same thing

I think they got pissed that we crucified Jesus.

I mean Jesus came to give us eternal life, and we basically shat on him, then after being given the key we have the audacity to say, we didn't like your first answer to eternal life. Got another one?

>the engineers from the beginning were from a different faction than the ones who occupied the base in the main movie. They may even have been at war with one another
Don't forget that simple lifeforms first appeared on earth around four billion years ago, and complex lifeforms appeared 500 million years ago. So - if the opening scene was indeed on earth - then I doubt that the original faction who seeded life on earth was still around. Even 500 million years is an inconceivably long period of time

Well, if jesus cleaned our sins, then why these guys are so mad?

The Earth is only about 6 thousand years old.

Probably because immigrants would be the ones building it.

Kek

>I mean Jesus came to give us eternal life
so the one thing I was thinking about is that we don't actually know what he tried to teach in the Prometheus canon
if we apply modern descriptions of him, that don't correspond to giant ass white bald guys at all, ergo we can't make assumptions as to what he was actually trying to teach since our Bible is probably also way off
for all we know he was starting a cult that was about worshiping him and his people
did he promise them tech? ascension? In a way I'm glad he got shit on. I believe social developments and scientific discoveries have to go hand in hand, and have to progress on timescales recognizable to humans. Look what happened when we tried to bring civilization to Africa. Devoid of any progressive social structure, they took the tools (mostly guns) to perpetuate their tribal nature.
with the prometheans we would have been either slaves or savages with high tech. fuck space aliens and fuck space jesus, we can figure out shit on our own in our time. forced uplifting is a mistake.

>around four billion years ago
I was gonna mention that actually. That's why I believe they were the first and they were alone. We don't know about their lifespans or reproduction or social structure to estimate their "half life". The fact that they visited us again billions of years later is a testament that they did NOT forget and their society managed to survive for that long.
It's preposterous to assume that in the 13.7 billion years since the big bang there has not been another civilization until our planet became habitable, but I like the poetry of them being very alone and playing gods.

God that ship is so sexy

Would you have preferred if it ended like Contact and the alien put David on his knee and explained how the universe works to him?

they really do not look the same at all; this webm I'm posting now is of the black goo, and the one in is of the potion.

Eating the black goo does not cause lifeforms to disintegrate into DNA slurry like the potion does; it mutates them and uses their bio mass to make them into a weapon.
Also, the black goo is referred to by David as "organic", meaning it should have DNA of its own. The potion from the beginning of the movie can be seen enveloping the engineer's cellular DNA strands like a dark cloud made of tiny chemical particles (meaning, not-organic)

>much of an living organism as your computer
This is what organics actually believe

what was that shit moving around on the ceiling anyway?

Why were the walls changing?

It's true, read your Bible.

Here for some home truths listen to what Megan Fox has to say on the subject.

youtube.com/watch?v=32mxZxv3dYM

>the language of the Engineers

Which we're supposed to believe is Indo-European, a language that has only existed for some 6,000 years or so. This movie is even dumberer than that Interstellar crap.

>It's preposterous to assume that in the 13.7 billion years since the big bang there has not been another civilization until our planet became habitable, but I like the poetry of them being very alone and playing gods.

>It's preposterous to assume that in the 6 thousand years since the big bang there has not been another civilization until our planet became habitable, but I like the poetry of them being very alone and playing gods.

there fixed that for you, Highschool biology has really fucked with so many people's heads.

Yes, I want answers.

because they unsealed the door and opened it to the outside air

Interesting how the world is also only 6,00 years ago. Maybe this movie is speaking to the reality that our Earth is relatively young, just there weren't aliens behind it.

I understand everything.

thanks doc

they visited us a few thousand years ago... possibly more than once
they could have taught/learned it

This movie fucked up the 'Show, don't tell' part of movies.

Everyone fucking yammering about space languages and biology every scene... it's like the CAD comic turned into a movie. They wouldn't shut up long enough to show off spaceships or dust storms.

Plus there was absolutely no mention of the bonus situation.

David asked him if he was a big guy

Was waking up part of his plan?

okay.. imagine building a working car out of metal. that's how the engineers did it.

now imagine getting a cardboard box and drawing wheels on the side with crayon. that's how the humans did it.

the engineers made life at the cellular level. the Weyland Corporation built fake life out of nuts, bolts, plastic pipes and what appears to be about ten gallons of semen.

If humans were a mistake why did they leave a map to their research facility in cave paintings?

For sex games.

They waited a long time to get their rocks off and the guys who woke him up didn't even have the decency to offer him a blow job or a rim job... rude.