There's no way Birth of a Nation can still win an Oscar, right? The main star has been accused of rape

There's no way Birth of a Nation can still win an Oscar, right? The main star has been accused of rape.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6FaJ9U2bh8
youtu.be/hHf2BBYY1do
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>now cloaked in controversy
>now

lol because making a race baiting movie about a race war at a time when BLM are destroying america wasnt controversial? Why is hollywood making shit like this? Do they want to destroy america?

>Do they want to destroy america?

Um, yes?

He was acquitted, so yes, it'll still win. There's no a way a movie about slavery can't win in the current year.

Accused might as well be convicted in this country, then again, you may be right. He could kill 20 people and this movie would still win.

so history's perhaps most controversial film is "cloaked" in controversy?
wew

Won't all black women defend him just because he's black? Well that's how OJ Simpson walked free right?

>blacks dying their hair blonde

we get it, you want to be white. how about making your race like whites?

what

because that's what's been happening with bill cosby

Nope

Billy is an Uncle Tom cracker

To make things worse the victim committed suicide back in 2012

Probably depends on box office/critical success. Lee Daniels' The Butler had markings of an oscar bait movie, but didn't get one nomination.

White people are literally being attacked for being white in Milwaukie by gangs of black people right now. Maybe it's time to tone down the glorification of black on white violence, just for a bit.

>he and his best friend were accused
>went to court
>best friend found guilty
>he got off

Not at all similar

She went straight to the police and it went to trial

SHUT UP YOU RACIST!

>Milwaukie
Kill yourself.

the tension is real and something's gotta give, this just didn't happen out of the blue and it was not created by obama. It will pass and it will be alright in the end but it was inevitable.

>Birth of a Nation is famous as historical propaganda including negros raping white women
>New birth of a nation propaganda's black creator raped some woman
cmon man

That was before the #oscarsowhite controversy this year.

THINGS ARE WORSE THAN EVER NOW

what site is this again with all the "secret" hollywood shit

Blacks can't rape. Rape = prejudice + power

was this even a serious contender?

from all i seen it looks like borderline made for youtube shit, like that new Roots

this
rape has literally nothing to do with sex
rape is only about power

black people have no power, ergo black people cannot rape

His best friend appealed, and also got off.

das rite

>The main star has been accused of rape.

He was acquitted in a court of law fifteen years ago (which is, in all honesty, not an easy thing to accomplish - getting off with a light sentence is far simpler). To punish him for it extra-judiciously would be slanderous, and dare I say, lynch-mob justice.

Not only that, but she later killed herself over it.

Of course, It's the next 12 Years a Slave
an insulting whitewashing of real historical events that changes all the black people involved into innocent characters, and twists all whites involved into pure evildoers

>because making a race baiting movie about a race war at a time when BLM are destroying america wasnt controversial

WHEREVER I RACE BAIT I MUST ALSO RAPE

Please. It wasn't rape. It was just reparations.

He got off because the victim got tired of the continuing harassment from Nate and his gang so she just gave up and didn't show up to court. Look it up.

yeah but that was still well made technically and it was a good story about one individual (it's propaganda in its release context, but as a stand alone story of one man it's a good movie)

BoaN looks like ass entirely done for propaganda

why are you such a racist?

It's also about a nigger who killed innocent children.

why are you such a racist? those children were white

>yet ANOTHER slave movie
>couldn't even come up with an original title

Oh wait, he raped someone too?

The inciting incident in this film is also a rape! Awkward.

It's actually really fucked up that we arrest black people for rape. Think about it. It's part of their culture. You wouldn't arrest a Mexican for making tacos, you wouldn't arrest a Japanese girl for wearing Hello Kitty. But we still in 2016 arrest black folk for something as simple as rape, I don't get it.

Yeah... The topic comes out on good timing, I hate to say. Hope a dude's reputation doesn't tarnish his accomplishment. A film turns out good from what I hear so far.

>Why?
JEWS
E
W
S

>that fucking nose

I hope this comes out the right way, because I am a Sup Forums-tier Nazi, but this might actually be a good film. The true story behind this, and overtly acknowledged in the trailer, is a crazy nigger who thought he was a prophet and led his cult on a pointless slaughter of wholesome, innocent whites, like some sort of nigger Manson. Despite the fact that I've built a basement labratory devoted to the study of a pathogen which kills only non-whites, I'm actually looking forward to seeing this.

I'm sure the director has another intent, but sometimes perspective redefines intent. Critical theory cuts both ways. Some people see Elysium as an indictment of white privilege, I see it as a horrific warning glimpse of the non-white majority future awaiting us.

>Nigger makes a race-baiting movie to try and overshadow the single most important film in the entire artistic medium
>Film may even succeed and that it's easy Oscar material for such a politically correct environment
>It comes out that a woman said nigger raped almost twenty years ago offed herself recently
Divine intervention.

youtube.com/watch?v=h6FaJ9U2bh8

>overtly acknowledged in the trailer
Not sure how much of your post to take seriously, but to me the trailer seemed like a pure of heart magical negro trying to bring hope to poor innocent slaves by killing only evildoers.

I know that's not historical, but that's what I got from the trailer.

Why are you guys so mocking towards "listen and believe" and skeptical of rape accusations except when black dudes get accused?

statistics, user

Looks like he dodged

The birth of a Ne'Shawn

it was basically guaranteed after the reception it got when it was screened earlier this year, only reason fox bought it for $17m

Listen and believe? The guy that he raped her with spent 6 months in prison. She won a civil suit against the university for not protecting against it.

>Why is hollywood making shit like this?

Idk, OP.

He dindu nuffin

>skeptical of rape accusations except when black dudes get accused?
>went to trial
>his friend was found guilty
>but he totally had nothing to do with it!

lol

hopefully the audiences reaction will be a repeat of last time

>not seeing the bigger picture

>remake of a movie that was originally a sympathetic portrayal of the early history of the KKK
>"cloaked in controversy"
But how?

Isn't what you're describing illegal though? Why didn't they report that to the judge?

It wouldn't win Oscar's anyway, too much pro Christian elements

I highly doubt it will win best picture this close after 12 Years a Slave. Mostly because I'm 100% sure this guy isn't as talented as Steve McQueen so this is going to pale in comparison. But also, it's too controversial of a story. The academy likes safe movies. It's why Crash won over Brokeback Mountain. And with this rape thing, there's just too much controversy surrounding it to win.

I'm still pulling for Manchester by the Sea.

Everyone complained because no nig nogs were nominated this year. So prepare for this movie to get a bunch of token awards.

wow I never realized how much of a certified banger Dixie is

>implying

The subject matter alone guarantees a Best Picture nom in Hollywood.

(((They))) won't stop now, race war soon

I refuse to watch movies about slavery and the holocaust at this point. It's always the same one sided shit story

>race war soon
it already started and you're losing
what are you going to do about it?

>it was inevitable
You know how it could have been avoided? If people didn't loot and riot and participate in racial-hatred violence.

Low tier bait my man

>racial-hatred violence
exactly, now think about how it started and when it ends.

>try to correct the record by making race bait oscar bait movie
>lead actors that was gonna be the nominee is a rapist

hollywood can not catch a break

do nothing, keep losing,

If no one's seen it yet, how do they know it will win? Or are they just preemptively giving it an Oscar because it's about slaves?

>Nigger makes a race-baiting movie to try and overshadow the single most important film in the entire artistic medium
Damn, they ruined Intolerance too?!

But Son of Saul was pretty good

>implying black people will actually go out and see this
This is all a setup. The media is going to acknowledge this and then other media sites will say he's the victim and that they should go and see his movie.

I guess the assumption is that Nate's friends would hurt her if anything would happen to Nate regarding the case or reporting their shit to the cops. She killed herself so her mindset was pretty fucked anyway

>Hating on American history

This is why blacks can't have nice things

Birth of a Nation? More like Birth of a Rape Baby

man.

that joke sucked man.

>that pic
Sublte and cheeky.

Oh shit is this film going to be "The catcher freeman story" thar Riley told? Like he some kinda blackass batman?

Only ration explanation: they want to anger both blacks and whites to recreate segregation. They're working hard at making both sides angry, knowing blacks would lose any conflict.

I am not a faggot!

People love movies where blacks are enslaved. They can see how safer it is.

wtf i hate white people now

The civil suit was for alleged harassment (from who, it doesn't say), not rape. Also, as a lawyerfag, settling a civil suit doesn't mean that the accusations were valid. The fact that the settlement was for such a low figure means that the university likely thought it could when, but that it would take a long time (meaning more money) to do so.

youtu.be/hHf2BBYY1do

Theme song for this thread.

Yeah Django unchained really felt safe

>movie about Nat Turner's Rebellion
>aka about a bunch of slaves brutally murdering white folk with hatchets, clubs, and fence posts
>only now cloaked in controversy
right

>BLM are destroying america

That was for black people.

B
I
G

Being pro-BLM is Reddit. You can like normal black people and still be anti-BLM.

>single most important film in the entire artistic medium
(you)

>The media is going to acknowledge this and then other media sites will say he's the victim and that they should go and see his movie.

No.

Not after they spent so much effort crucifying Bill Cosby.