Hip-Hop cannot be held to the same standards as other music. It cannot compete with music as a whole...

Hip-Hop cannot be held to the same standards as other music. It cannot compete with music as a whole. Hip-Hop pales in comparison to literally any other genre. It has the lowest standards of any genre. An album can be good by hip-hop standards, but it cannot be considered good compared to the rest of the music world.

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0cZ8-RgtrP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this can be argued for literally any genre

do you wanna talk? hey dude

Both the most famous Public Enemy albums are masterpieces even compared to non-rap but yeah the genre is mostly shit

yes it can and you sound stupid

Madvilliany

youtube.com/watch?v=0cZ8-RgtrP0
>a 10 year old can make a "song" that sounds just as good as any other nigger "song" out there.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

damn, really makes you think

Any popular type of music (rock, pop, edm, hip hop) is shit compared to pre 1900 Western Classical.

pun intended?

yasssss

modern day hip hop always misses the mark for me it strikes me as the kind of genre that *should* be great, but there are so few albums that nail the sense of excitement that I want it to provide.

>Kanye came close, but the mastering of MBDTF is just bad
>Atrocity Exhibition was technically good, but lacking in the full force of experimentation that I would like it to have achieved
>TPAB is brilliant, but it seems to get lost in its own jazziness and loses its way at points
>The Money Store is too brash, it fails to be all-encompassing and accessible enough for me to consider it a masterpiece (pretty much goes for any DG album)

In fact, there is literally NO hip hop magnum opus yet:

>Madvillainy is too lo-fi and lacklustre
>Illmatic has insane production, but the straightforward kick-snare boom-bap style is too basic
>The Infamous is probably one of my favourites, but the lyrics are just "muh hustling extorting crackheads" on every track
>Ready To Die is far too sexually focused and and lacks any sort of substance, Biggie tries to compensate by killing himself at the end to add some semblance of "depth" but it just comes across as extremely out of place
>The Low End Theory is again really basic, fans of it are way to caught up in "muh live instrumentation" and fail to recognise that all it has going for it is its sensual sound
>Black On Both Sides is brilliant, but Mos Def's delivery is annoyingly cheesy at points
>36 Chambers has terrible production, bland musical ideas
>Liquid Swords has terrible production, bland musical ideas

there are no perfect 10 hip hop albums. I'm still waiting on someone to release one. I had hope for Kendrick but not so sure after DAMN.

Your post makes you seem nitpicky. What exactly are your top 10s from other genres?

I await with bated breath.

nice copypasta from 2015

copy and paste

>Prove me wrong
I can't, you're right.

i unironically agree

Electronic music cannot be held to the same standards as other music. It cannot compete with music as a whole. Electronic music pales in comparison to literally any other genre. It has the lowest standards of any genre. An album can be good by electronic music standards, but it cannot be considered good compared to the rest of the music world.

Prove me wrong.

then why is it so hard for them to make a good hip hop album?

you're just complaining about "scene" and not content lmao. We get it, you don't like hip-hop heads. But there is good hip-hop. Besides, no music can be held to the standards of any other kind neatly.

________ cannot be held to the same standards as other music. It cannot compete with music as a whole. ____________ pales in comparison to literally any other genre. It has the lowest standards of any genre. An album can be good by _________ standards, but it cannot be considered good compared to the rest of the music world.

Prove me wrong.

>metal
>folk
>ambient
>etc.
>literally
>any
>genre
>stupid copypasta

808s is the best album ever put out by a Hip Hop artist but sadly it isnt Hip Hop.

>then why is it so hard for them to make a good hip hop album?

Because the main people making it have no formal knowledge of music history or theory beyond the very basic.

I'll go out on a limb here and assume this is not bait
to be quite honest with you it seems like your entire experience with hip hop is contrived like your only exposition to hip hop is based solely on what gets parroted here 24/7 and while that's sad I can understand why you would want to hear your own voice the loudest in an echo chamber

MFW it's the "le enlightened man hate hip-hop" thread again

hip hop really is just for stupid people and niggers