Reminder that Christ taught about the flood and you can't be Christian if you deny it

Reminder that Christ taught about the flood and you can't be Christian if you deny it

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/did-a-comet-hit-earth-12900-years-ago/
phys.org/news/2012-09-theory-impact-event-years.html
creation.com/6000-years
youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg
michaelcardensjottings.blogspot.com/2010/07/did-king-david-really-exist.html
youtube.com/watch?v=79Lmmy2jfeo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would I want to be a low IQ brainlet?

>Taking the Bible literally

The flood was symbolic you dolt.

Back to Sunday school you go!

>muslims believe Mohammad assended into heaven on a ray of light

The flood did happen. It's described in the bible to instill a conspiring fear of natural disaster

fuck sunday school

Why can't I be a Christian if I deny it?? Nice D&C Shlomo...Back to the ovens with you.

>Implying their peasant brains could take the fact the Arc transported life from Mars to Earth.

The flood did happen. It was caused by the rapid (flash) melting of the northern glaciers ~12,000 years ago when they were struck by a comet.

samefag

>a dead kike on a stick
wew, glad Bernard Cornwell redpilled me on Christianity

Which of course rapidly raised sea levels around the world, flooding all coastal cities and many riverside settlements.

The death toll is exaggerated. fear mongering should be expected with any holy book

Because Christ spoke about back in the days of the flood. Do you know what Christian means?

>I have no argument so I'm gonna strawman
Classic reddit

>implying there was no flood

[citation needed]

scientificamerican.com/article/did-a-comet-hit-earth-12900-years-ago/
>Worldwide iridium layer coincides with mass extinction of megafauna

phys.org/news/2012-09-theory-impact-event-years.html
>an extraterrestrial body – such as a comet – impacted the Earth approximately 12,900 years significantly changing the climate

Pic related goes wicked in depth

And you truely believe some schitzo dude managed to preserve all existing animals using the magic of incest?

>believe it happened long time ago
>believe it happened even longer time ago
I don't find your objection persuasive in light of recent biological discovery.

No. I believe the story is metaphorical to allude to small groups of humans who survived by escaping to high ground (like Gilgamesh) or perhaps in boats with essential livestock (Noah).

This was a story told by bedouins, it varies based on translation. These guys had no written language, and taught people basic lessons orally through stories. Most, if not all of the Old Testament is regarded this way by non trailer park Christians in America.

How does Bedouins telling the story disprove it?

It dosent. But an oral culture/tradition is subject to massive telephone game style distortion, so only the basic meanings are preserved. Flooding would have been disastrous, localized to the area of these tribes. Stories like these helped them understand and adapt to these situations.

But how did this happen 12 thousand years ago if the earth is only 6 thousand years old?!?!

It was scary finding sea shells half way up mountainsides with no understanding of plate tectonics, ice ages, alluvial deposits and all that shit. Walk a mile in baby Jeebus' shoes for fuck sakes.

The Earth is 4 billion years old

Where did the wood for a fuckhuge ark come from? Having most likely been in modern day Iraq, there's no way. "HURRR GOD PLACED THE WOOD IN FRONT OF HIM" is an insufficient argument.

And even through I know this thread is definitely bait, there isn't enough water on Earth to cover the highest mountains, and the underground ocean shit is pure crap.

The woods?

DAS RITE

Wow, they allowed THREE pandas on board, and they're still endangered!

I guess I can't be a Christian because I didn't marry a whore.

kek

Iraq did have trees y'know.

NOTICE HOW MODERN DAY IRAQ IS ALL SHITTY AND HAS NO TREES?

WHERE DO YOU THINK ALL THE TREES WENT?

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS

Iraq actually had vast forests once, but constant war burned it all.

But the bible says that the earth is 6k-10k years old.

OR MAYBE NOAH USED ALL THE TREES TO BUILD THE ARK?

Where?

woah

If you're to take the "days" before there were any human observers literally, and neglect to notice that Jews only consider Jews to be human.
When Lilith was exiled she found plenty of "people" to fuck.

Only if you're a fucktarded literalist adding up all the patriarchs'/prophets' lifetime while also assuming no mistranslations in words relating to times such as aeons vs days.

FUCK YOU HERETIC

WOKE THREAD

What part of this isn't awesome as fuck

Why would you deny the flood? It's a fact that it happened

Saint Augustine (A.D. 354-430) in his work The Literal Meaning of Genesis (De Genesi ad litteram libri duodecim) provided excellent advice for all Christians who are faced with the task of interpreting Scripture in the light of scientific knowledge. This translation is by J. H. Taylor in Ancient Christian Writers, Newman Press, 1982, volume 41.

Usually, even a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other elements of this world, about the motion and orbit of the stars and even their size and relative positions, about the predictable eclipses of the sun and moon, the cycles of the years and the seasons, about the kinds of animals, shrubs, stones, and so forth, and this knowledge he hold to as being certain from reason and experience. Now, it is a disgraceful and dangerous thing for an infidel to hear a Christian, presumably giving the meaning of Holy Scripture, talking nonsense on these topics; and we should take all means to prevent such an embarrassing situation, in which people show up vast ignorance in a Christian and laugh it to scorn. The shame is not so much that an ignorant individual is derided, but that people outside the household of faith think our sacred writers held such opinions, and, to the great loss of those for whose salvation we toil, the writers of our Scripture are criticized and rejected as unlearned men.

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you?
>what are ids?

thats the stupidest thing i have ever read.

If they find a Christian mistaken in a field which they themselves know well and hear him maintaining his foolish opinions about our books, how are they going to believe those books in matters concerning the resurrection of the dead, the hope of eternal life, and the kingdom of heaven, when they think their pages are full of falsehoods and on facts which they themselves have learnt from experience and the light of reason? Reckless and incompetent expounders of Holy Scripture bring untold trouble and sorrow on their wiser brethren when they are caught in one of their mischievous false opinions and are taken to task by those who are not bound by the authority of our sacred books. For then, to defend their utterly foolish and obviously untrue statements, they will try to call upon Holy Scripture for proof and even recite from memory many passages which they think support their position, although they understand neither what they say nor the things about which they make assertion. [1 Timothy 1.7]

creation.com/6000-years

i can't tell who the bigger scumbag is, god or op

I am pretty sure there isnt one. Stop defending fairytales

That's a website not the bible

In City of God, Augustine rejected both the immortality of the human race proposed by pagans, and contemporary ideas of ages (such as those of certain Greeks and Egyptians) that differed from the Church's sacred writings.[81] In The Literal Interpretation of Genesis, Augustine took the view that everything in the universe was created simultaneously by God, and not in seven calendar days like a literal account of Genesis would require. He argued that the six-day structure of creation presented in the book of Genesis represents a logical framework, rather than the passage of time in a physical way – it would bear a spiritual, rather than physical, meaning, which is no less literal. One reason for this interpretation is the passage in Sirach 18:1, creavit omnia simul ("He created all things at once"), which Augustine took as proof that the days of Genesis 1 had to be taken non-literally.[82] Augustine also does not envision original sin as causing structural changes in the universe, and even suggests that the bodies of Adam and Eve were already created mortal before the Fall.[83] Apart from his specific views, Augustine recognizes that the interpretation of the creation story is difficult, and remarks that we should be willing to change our mind about it as new information comes up.[84]

>oral culture/tradition is subject to massive telephone game style distortion
No it isn't. That's just a meme.

t. anthropology major

I'm not a Christfag, but I do think the flood, or something similiar, did actually occur. Nearly every culture worldwide, ancient and modern, have flood "myths". I can't accept that as coincidence, especially when there are so many submerged cities around the world and knowing that the sea level was much lower during the ice age.

Excuse me what?

>Jesus basically thought all the jewish shit was BS
>He said the flood happened literally
[Citation Needed M8]

> ~400AD
> angsty atheist trolls existed
Holy kek

>Jesus basically thought all the jewish shit was BS

BelIef in God is absurd

>mfw

Belief that we are anything more than ants floating on a rock in space, is absurd.
Fuck, we barely even made it to the rock directly orbiting us for a few hours, and you are going to say what things do and don't exist?

>the flood was a great war
>the ark was a sanctuary of some kind
>2 of every animal was 2 of every race
>the dove was the herald of peace

And whats so stupid about it you dumb frog?

The flood happened as you say, but it wasn't a comet. It was just a rapid melting of glacial waters over a period of a few hundred years when Earth entered another warming trend in earnest.

>Defending the literal interpretation of the bible

You might as well be Catholic if you don't believe in the literal Holy Bible. The flood did occur and it occurred because of 40 days of worldwide heavy rain, flooding the entire Earth.

The Holy Bible

8000-12000 years old

Moses was 400 years old he traversed the Atlantic many times, building the arc required supernatural - impossible to replicate or provide evidence (The blind faith part of faith) intervention as many other bible stories. Also desertification has expanded greatly over the last 3000 years.

Looking at any civilization in the Mediterranean back then they all have some sort of story about a massive flood hitting their area and destroying everything. Also some things like the Sphinx shows some water damage on it by water flowing by it.

I really doubt Noah got every single creature in the world on a ship. He could've easily got 2 of every important animal like cows, sheep, horses, and whatever else they needed for farming.

>The bible is evidence

A FUCKING LEAF

Sir!

Enjoy:

youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg

The jewish flood myth is ripped off wholesale from the Mesopotamian one. It even leaves details out. Jews are plagiaristic parasite faggots.

Yeah, and King David was symbolic, and Daniel with the lions was symbolic, and the resurrection of Jesus? Yeah, that was symbolic too.

The Great Flood is not real you morons, even in a metaphorical sense. Pic related was written hundreds of years before the Jews even existed.

>t. Lucifer

Right but that was just retroactively placed that way because of Satan.

The bible is evidence for Christians, actual Christians. It contains many supernatural events which cannot be explained by the natural world or sciences, for them to mean anything one has to have complete, blind, faith in Christ.

Damn, you beat me to it.

>trailer park dweller detected
Checked the leaf

Being this angsty has to be painful for you.

>King David was symbolic
Yep.

www.jesusneverexisted.com/david.htm

michaelcardensjottings.blogspot.com/2010/07/did-king-david-really-exist.html

>Daniel with the lions was symbolic
There is literally zero way to prove this ever happened from an archaeological standpoint. It's far too specific and unremarkable.

>and the resurrection of Jesus
Yep.

youtube.com/watch?v=79Lmmy2jfeo

Pretty much everything in both old and new testaments are complete lies and fabrications. And most of this is already known. The truth is, stupid people are going to disregard facts and believe what they want no matter what.

>Right but that was just retroactively placed that way because of Satan.
Lol. This would be even funnier if it weren't the actual dead serious apologetics claim.

Are you retarded?

So many flaws but what can you expect from atheism

>www.jesusneverexisted.com/david.htm
This sounds like a quality source

You do understand I was just quoting the retarded statement of someone else?

>So many flaws
Name ONE.

>This sounds like a quality source
No valid, non-jewish source claims that David was a real person. There is zero evidence for him in the archaeological record.

I feel bad for people who belong to jewish cults.

>>trailer park dweller
I fucking wish I could afford my own trailer the Chinese are holding prices up we didn't have market correction in 08 pic related

>This would be even funnier if it weren't the actual dead serious apologetics claim.
Religion, all of them, come down to blind faith. Religions all contain supernatural aspects, which by definition require complete and blind faith. Without any sort of faith you turn into a literal moralless, tipping, bug chasing, faggot

Literally every ancient mythology from East Asia to Norway to the fucking Amazon talks about the old flood.

Anyone who denies an ancient worldwide flood is fucking retarded.

2 specimens is not enough genetic variation to repopulate a species

>Religion, all of them, come down to blind faith.
Not really. Few religions demand mindless blind faith. That's a jewish thing. Sure people from non-kike religions can believe shit that isn't true because of religion, but generally their religions don't command them to not learn and just obey a fucking book like the kike religions do.

>Religions all contain supernatural aspects, which by definition require complete and blind faith.
This isn't true either and this entire viewpoint is a product of kike beliefs taking over the west for a millennium. There are two basic types of evidence: empirical evidence and experiential evidence. Modern science, being a product of the abject materialism that resulted from the cancer of jewish religion entirely disregards as fiction anything which can't be repeated. That's a shitty way of viewing reality. Just because you can't repeat something in a lab doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and believing it does gives an incomplete view of the universe.

>Without any sort of faith you turn into a literal moralless, tipping, bug chasing, faggot
And here it is. I suppose the only "right" religion to give us the proper moral guidance happens to be the one you belong to, right (even though jewish morals are literally worse than complete amorality)?

It actually is. Your chances are just REALLLY bad.

>It actually is. Your chances are just REALLLY bad.

right, and would all knowing GOD gamble on that?

Very few people would disagree with that at this point. The mainstream view now is basically that the reason for all the global flood myths comes from about 12,000 years ago when such a coastal flooding really did happen globally. Interestingly, this is almost exactly the same time Plato said Atlantis was destroyed.

Well if we're going with "a wizard did it" we can claim anything.

but being an ominpotent wizard he could have just wiped out wicked humans without touching any animals at all

even the modern US DoD could selectively genocide as they wished if they chose to do it

what does G-d need with an ark?

Dude. Have you ever heard actual jewish holocaust stories? These people aren't known for their skills in accurately representing reality or even internally consistent logic.

The remains of the old pre-flood civilization are still standing.

>Not really. Few religions demand mindless blind faith.
Name me 1 religion that doesn't require any supernatural event (eg. creation of the universe) or "experiential evidence" (which also requires faith).

>Just because you can't repeat something in a lab doesn't mean it doesn't exist
This is what faith is, it requires faith to believe in things for which there is no empirical evidence.

>right" religion to give us the proper moral guidance happens to be the one you belong to, right
Absolutely. The Holy Bible is the literal work of God and Christianity (Not Orthodoxy, Not Catholicism) is the only correct religion.

I'm the user who was posting the creationism pics. Sorry for the sudden departure but its mother's day. I would have kept sumping otherwise

Just because there's no evidence of him in the archaeological record, it doesn't mean that he didn't exist. This is just an argument from silence.

Incidentally I see a Canadian has been holding the shit posting fort in my absence.

Thanks leaf friend

All good mate, go and treat your mother, she deserves it.

I think it was more like it rained for a week, on a small bronze age jewish tribe's near-river settlement.

This tends to happen to all river-based settlements very very often. The nile floods all the time.

The Bronze age derps thought "Oh wow, the whole WORRRRLDDD must have flooded"! Let's write about this lmao.

I mean the book of Noah must've been written by Noah, or his descendent.

So really it's a self centered tale about how my grandad built a boat, and saved the world.

Lmao. You guys literally believe this? Walk into any 1st grade class and the kids there would be writting similar stories. You pick that shit up and say this is the 'scripture' I'm going to live my life by. How dumb can you be.

If the church accepts evolution they can't accept gensis.

If they don't accept genesis they can't accept original sin as it's described in the bible.

If they can't accept original sin, then they can't really accept Jesus who was sent to forgive that original sin.