I can and I will

>listen to pic related
>pretty meh, might revisit idk
>a year goes by
>see it in my librar
>guess it's time
>10/10 greatest of all time

yep

I try to give it at least two listens, but sometimes I'll stop at one if I gave it a good listen.

>eat poop
>it tasted like shit and made me throw up
>have to eat 50 pieces of poop to know for sure I don't like it

damn..

are americans really this dumb these days? my god

True
Did that post trigger snowflake?

THESE ARE NOT MY BEAUTIFUL DUBS

Can I judge it without listening to it

This is literally true.

Is it acceptable to drop an album halfway through?

maybe, it's quite a bad habit though, you're just feeding into your ADD tendencies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

>order a pizza
>eat a slice
>don't like the slice
>have to eat rest of pizza to make sure that I don't like it

I usually listen to an album 3+ times unless it's really garbage and painful to listen to, like the new Linkin Park album. I listen to it just once

>compares eating a pizza to listening to music

i bet you throw up if you listen to too much music?

>Did that post trigger snowflake?
Back to (r)eddit, fag

>this is the state of Sup Forums

a pizza is temporary. music lasts forever even if you throw it away. you can't even hold it

I do tend to like the album more on further listens than I do the first one, so unless I really disliked the album, I tend to check it again.

These are some of the most ignorant posts on Sup Forums I have ever seen. Enjoyment of music is in fact partially reliant on familiarity with the music. You literally scientifically CAN NOT listen to an album once and judge it properly. Think of when you listen to your favourite albums. You enjoy them because you can look forward to the moments you enjoy, and appreciate the build ups to those moments. On a first listen, you don't get that.

Further note, this is why Scaruffi should be completely disregarded as a critic. he said in an interview that he rarely listens to an album more than once, and sometimes will not even finish albums before rating them. From a psychological perspective, this is nonsense and if he were half as smart as he thought he was he would realize this and change his practices.

Scaruffifags btfo

i wanna marry you

This is true, I didn't quite like most of my current favorite albums. You have to give every albums multiple listens, especially because of this
>you enjoy them because you can look forward to the moments you enjoy, and appreciate the build ups to those moments.

+1

you are all brainlet plebs. If you cannot enjoy an album on your first listen you are a poseur who listens to music they think they SHOULD like. Pathetic. As for
>you enjoy them because you can look forward to the moments you enjoy, and appreciate the build ups to those moments.
you are missing the point of music, that is not active listening, you are not present, you are pathetic junkie scum

I'll take your autistic and ultimately meaningless retort as a concession. Try harder next time.

not an argument

Not him, but why should he provide an argument when responding to a post that does not itself contain a single coherent argument?

If you can pull one(1) legitimate argument out of this post then yes, he fucked up. But I dont see one and I dont think you do either. I know this is probably bait but Im bored so please just fuck off or stop being so fucking retarded.

haven't found a single album i liked on the first listen

This is not clever at all.

I think it's reasonable to judge a recording of improvised music on first listen but I can't glue together my thoughts on this at the moment. I think a lot of people on this site have a concept of a recording as something like an album from the rock tradition, which many musicians intend the listener to hear several times as a cohesive work. It seems reasonable to judge a recording of a score I'm familiar with by a performer I'm not because I know the music and focusing on performance. Maybe what I said about improvised music also has to do with judging performance, rather than an intentional work like in rock. There's something there

>literally scientifically
Haha okay Corey Feldman try to chill with that sizzlin flow
I believe if you've heard plenty of music in your lifetime, as long as you're not listening to something in a style you're unfamiliar with OR something that contains no surprises for you, then one listen will do. Particularly with more popular styles of music. As you gain experience as a listener, you can identify certain elements in music better, and there's not much to question about it. One listen will do for these types of music.

Yeah basically this

>guy gives an argument on why judging an album on first listen is a bad idea
>people agree with him
>retard comes up and literally just says "lol ur all pathetic poseurs with bad attention spans"
>people call him out on it
>"not an argument"
kys please

so if an album was an hour of shitting samples you would have to give it at least two listens to decide whether or not it's good

l o g i c a l
e x t r e m e

So you're saying you'd listen to more than 2 seconds of Limp Bizkit to find out that it's the worst music on the planet

>guy criticizes a guy for not having a argument by himself NOT having an argument

looks like someone needs to be geropilled

I can usually judge whether or not I will enjoy something on future listens on my first listen. At very least I can realize I need more listens if it's fairly odd or interesting.
I very rarely don't finish listening to a new album unless it's very bad or out of my taste. Metal Machine Music is something that I'm extremely confident I won't enjoy listening to after I finished the first track, for example.

are you retarded? do you expect everything to be an argument? I'm calling him out on his bullshit post

not an argument

it literally is and spouting memes won't change that
>inb4 not an argument
this is also an argument

>implying

Bitch

not an argument

Bitch

>not
>An
>ARGUMENT
PFKJGOIPKOE[DSXPL,;DMCKFL

>B
>I
>T
>C
>H

youtube.com/watch?v=sfipfguTMDc

nice

>eat onions when I'm 12
>WowThisIsntFuckingCandy.jpg

>Be in 20s
>a dish I like contains onions
>boy howdy!

with pop albums you can, with more interesting works of music (classical, jazz, etc.) you really can't

You all eat poop.

>You enjoy them because you can look forward to the moments you enjoy, and appreciate the build ups to those moments.

Literally junkie-tier answer

man how do people write shit like this and walk away from their computer happy with themselves?
Every time I listen to some garbage hip hop like this I really gotta wonder how people have such low fucking standards for everything

yes

I can and I will