7 years into the decade

>7 years into the decade
>only 5 truly exceptional albums have been released so far
Is music really getting worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/music/groups.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2010 > 2013 >> 2011 >>>>> 2012 >>>>>>> 2014 >>>>> 2016 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015

>(((exceptional)))
>no TPAB
>no Salad Days

No you just don't listen to enough music

>no Ultraviolence

how old are you?

>literally 8,600 full discographies catalogued
Yeah ok kid

The only ones of those I really agree with are Newsom and Holter, sorry Scaruffi. There are other albums I'd consider exceptional though.

Proof?

scaruffi.com/music/groups.html

wow nigga I got a spotify account too

and people say scaruffi is a misogynist baka

Cheeky.

TPAB is considered by 90% of people the greatest album of the decade. Salad Days, Blonde, Money Store, MBDTF, Powers that B, GKMC, If You're Reading This It's Too Late are also up there.

The word "hype" wasn't enough to describe the media assault on the sprawling 80-minute To Pimp a Butterfly (2015), another meticulously crafted album that employed legions of writers, producers and musicians (including jazz pianist Robert Glasper and jazz saxophonist Kamasi Washington). Six people wrote Wesley's Theory, including George Clinton, and four produced it, including Flying Lotus. Nine people are credited as writers for the funk-fest King Kunta, making it de facto a collage. The producers threw in more live instruments, resulting in a sound that is more revivalist than innovative, but also a sound that helps the general theatrical atmosphere. For better and for worse, The Blacker the Berry is the epitome of this emphatically pointless but fashionable avant-jazz-rap music. I begins as an olf-fashioned synth-pop hit of the 1980s before it begins to sound like a James Brown parody (with the lyrics "the number one rapper in the world" and "i love myself") accented by a jovial piano figure. The best psychodrama is possibly one of the simplest songs, the melodic funk-soul These Walls, and the best political sermon the equally straightforward funk ditty Hood Politics. But the music is secondary to the histrionics and it doesn't matter that the catchy and danceable Alright stands in opposition of the industrial beat that derails Momma, a fact that could account for at least eclecticism. This is a superficial and, ultimately, middle-of-the-road album from an artist who lacks the visceral energy of Public Enemy and Tackhead while also lacking the poetic depth of Kanye West and the musical genius of El-P. He tries to be all of them at once, but maybe he would be most credible if he were just himself: a brilliant script-writer of fictionalized real-life stories: the Christian parable How Much a Dollar Cost presents God disguised as a homeless man, and Mortal Man interviews the ghost of dead rapper 2Pac.

listen to more music niglet

>TPAB is considered by 90% of people the greatest album of the decade

Agreeable tbqh

Woah I didn't know Scaruffi had a news section
His coverage of the 2016 election and Trump cracks me the fuck up

>it's popular so it's bad
Pause B
We're talking musical merit here. These are the best records that defined this generation for me. These are what we listen to the 2010s generation. They're the best records we have and equivalent to our Beatles, Pink Floyd, Nirvana whatever but for todays youth. Maybe you're a bit older and don't get hip hop or are just a racist, and that's ok man. But remember hip hop is the sound of today and TPAB was the best hip hop album of the decade and many critics agree and so does an entire generation of music listeners. Name a bad track on any of those they're highly regarded for a reason, but your close minded rockist bias is preventing you from seeing that.

2010 has been the best year for music since the early 00s

End your life

>TPAB was the best hip hop album of the decade
[citation needed]

Your ears

Read any review nigga

It's the shit

>no The Way Out
>no Murmuure
>no There Is Love In You
>no Going Places

>They're the best records we have and equivalent to our Beatles
that explains it

Wow you liked Soft Moon that much?

>Every post-revival Swans album came out since 2010

Yeah, nah mate

How can you call anyone a rockist when you say stupid shit like:
>These are the best records that defined this generation for me. These are what we listen to the 2010s generation. They're the best records we have and equivalent to our Beatles, Pink Floyd, Nirvana whatever but for todays youth.
I don't think you actually know what rockism is since you're so intent to discuss albums.

Rockism = bias against non rock genres

Hip hop is not rock in the slightest. Rockists hate hip hop probably for racial reasons but they also hate electronic music.

>swans
>good
>ever

>Rockists hate hip hop probably for racial reasons but they also hate electronic music.

little reminder this is 2017, not 1987

dude I really like Kendrick but shit like this is why I'm embarrassed to tell people lmao

I dont agree with op but damn nigga this is cringe as fuck

>Thinking Salad Days isn't a masterpiece and totally representative of the mood of our generation

>hate hip hop probably for racial reasons
Do you even aware of the volume of wiggers
>Bass thumping out of my Kia in a Panera parking lot

>awful economy all over the west
>rampant populism and conservatorism
>transglobal islamic terrorism

>all of that represented by derivative lazy hazy guitar pop ditties.

Nigga no one cares about your gay pol shit fuck off

pleb

>Thinking this isn't the sad reality and that 90% of middle class libby white kids aren't entirely out of touch with the fucked up state of the world and instead just drifting through stupid happy haze of weed and pansexual open relationships

Are you being ironic?

>asking directly about irony on Sup Forums
what are we, primates? Jesus

This

We ignore it by smoking weed and making shitty music and hooking up with strangers online

nothing wrong with kids having fun

(((JUDAISM INTENSIFIES)))

they'll grow out of it, some of them may never be that happy again. Let them have their fun.

ITS JUST YOUR OWN FUCKING TASTE IN MUSIC YOU FUCKING PLEB

i see we too cool for mbdtf now. also, ekstasis is better than tragedy.

>Chipotle, Panera, Whole Foods
>Childish Gambino
>Mom's BMW SUV she gave me after buying a new Lexus
>Daddy sends me money while I'm at 'school' (by which I mean 4 year parent vacation drunk party sesh where there are no grades or exams and I learn about female African basket weavers who matriarchally run their village from my 'professor' who has 3 nose piercings and smokes up with the students)
>My degree will earn me 15 years of living at home working at CVS on and off smoking weed dating 36 year olds until he realizes I haven't shaved my nipples or armpits for 8 years

I can't believe Sup Forums ever pretended to like MBDTF

This made me laugh way harder than it should have

>fucking Salad Days

holy shit

see

>hasn't heard this

This is just bait at this point. Also,
>Caring about reviews

It's not even Mac's best album

I actually agree, but it is his most well known and widespread, so it introduces more people to Mac and is a great sampler of the mood his music creates.

Muh "hip-hop isn't music!!"

Whats the best album from every year from the 10's?

I want to like Archandroid but it's not as good as the hype led me to believe

Have One On Me
Tragedy
Immunity
Salad Days
Dumb Flesh
Atrocity Exhibition
Haven't heard a good album from 2017 yet

And you've likely listened to 99% of those albums once.

What an incredibly accurate foundation for critique.

Have you ever considered that 90% of people are retarded and have shit taste in music?

>2 mac demarco albums
Come on man
How many albums have you listened to from this year? Honestly I think 2017 is already better than 2016.

He's unironically a better songwriter than most of Sup Forums's favourite artists, also I don't really bother keeping up with new music. I've only heard 6 albums from 2014 and 2 from 2017

2010 - Have One on Me
2011 - Space Is Only Noise
2012 - Luxury Problems
2013 - Shaking the Habitual
2014 - Nothing Important
2015 - Pomegranates
2016 - Sirens, for lack of a better choice
2017 - so far maybe Common as Light

Someone please recommend 2012, 2014 and 2016 music because I'm not satisfied with those choices.

never seen Lakutis posted here before. overlooked tape for sure

The Archandroid
Replica
Channel Orange
Shaking The Habitual
Benji
Sleep Cycle
Common As Light And Love Are Red Valleys Of Blood

>Replica
stop.
watching.
melon.

The best albums of the decade in chronological order:

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Let England Shake
Channel Orange
Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City
To Pimp a Butterfly
Carrie & Lowell
Blackstar

didnt he hate replica?

Doesn't matter, he still exposed you to it. I listened to it during my branching phase from Aphex and I was utterly unimpressed. And I like SUNN O))) too, which it irks me that he worships

>i share a board with this people
the day cannot be worse

Shaking the Habitual is still top 3 for sure. Cherry on top is my favorite track.

Fleet Foxes -Helplessness Blues
Angel Olsen - MY WOMAN
Alt-J - An Awesome Wave
Beach House - Bloom
Whitney - Light Upon The Lake
Sun Kil Moon - Benji
Lower Dens - Twin-Hand Movement
Bon Iver - Bon Iver

This is why there are circle jerk obscure music worship threads my friend.

Also
>complaining about having to deal with part of a community on Sup Forums

>caring what other people listen to, to the point where you can't listen to their opinion as an introduction to new music

We need more share threads

he didnt but ok

Timber Timbre - Hot Dreams

>caring about music to the point where you take issue with people relying on a source of 'quality music criticism' to find stuff they should check out and get into
I just hate that no one explores on their own anymore and could actually give two fucks what ANY critic thinks, even a smart one like Scranthony or Faruffi

where do i go for circle jerk obscure music worship threads my friend.

TPAB might be the best album of the decade, but most people don't think that...at all. It's not as accessible, takes several listens to fully appreciate, and only has a couple radio singles.

Most people like DAMN. and GKMC over TPAB...
>90%
lol

Salad days is a one-listen-wonder
Drake is shit

The thing about sharethreads
It's that what.cd is dead
This kills the curious man and leaves only the most recognized works

You can do both. I use reviews as an introduction to new music, or I'm more patient with critically acclaimed albums that I don't enjoy as much on my first listen. From there, Spotify and Sup Forums suggest enough new shit to keep me busy.

>catalog
>look for good album cover
>look for actually fun ideas for threads
>look (sometimes) for 'rate my chart huhhuhh' threads
>look for 'I really like X, doesn't anyone else??'

hello, i am the best album of the 2010s

This is 2009, but easily the most overlooked album on this site. 10/10 southern rock/folk/country

Fruit Bats - Ruminant Band

Salad Days is good, but entry level

i fucking love this album

Archspire - The Lucid Collective
Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
Artificial Brain - Labyrinth Constellation and Infrared Horizon
Bestmaker - Lusus Naturae
Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity
Clutch - Psychic Warfare
Meshuggah - Violent Sleep of Reason

Music is definitely getting worse
2010, 2011 and 2012 were great years but 2013 was only good and all years since have been shit

Haha you listen to that much music but you have still have that "trying-to-fit-in-on-/mu-while-still-being-unique" tier taste. Oh my I pity you you poor fucking thing.

It's Scaruffi retarded newplen

Black man's first day on Sup Forums everyone

>keeping up with scaruffi to this very day
There's your first problem