/noise/ - Noise General

Rebooting the old thread because it died kind of prematurely.

New White Suns album coming in 3 days. Anyone else hyped for it?

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

heavyblogisheavy.com/2017/06/05/white-suns-psychic-drift/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How many of you guys also make noise as opposed to just listening to it?

I made noise-influenced music, but I don't know if I'd call it "noise music".

I'm hyped as fuck. If the rest of the album is as good as the singles it will probably be my AOTY

I've got a sound collage track that's kind of noise and footwork influenced on my soundcloud. I've got a few ideas I want to work on once I'm done with my summer courses and have some free time.
Really hoping the new White Suns is as good as these digits. They've only gotten better with each release.

>these digits
>347
>374
Well, there's something there, but it ain't a get.

99% of noise fans also make noise

Xern0n, if you get to read this, did you get to buy the new Hijokaidan boxset?

I was talking about OP's get.

what are some fun pedals to buy for noise besides more distortion?

I think reverb in noise is underrated. It gives you a lot more space to work with, and you can of course throw on a distortion after the reverb to really make an impact.

it's my primary function

Delay

Are there any half decent reverbs that aren't expensive as fuck?

I though TC Electronic's Hall of Fame was good? Never actually tried it, though.

And if you want cheaper deals, always buy second-hand.

Is John Cage noise music?

Bit crushers, ring modulators, bass synths, & sustainers

Oh, that makes sense.

Also one of the members of White Suns called it quits, or something? What's up with that?

KHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (repeat for 17 and a half minutes)

There just made a noise song

Good noise songs don't sound like that, though.

Where did you hear that? These guys uave honestly slipped off my radar for a while so I'd like to catch myself up.

heavyblogisheavy.com/2017/06/05/white-suns-psychic-drift/
> From the immediate assault of “Korea” through the fading exit of “Medicine Walk,” Visser’s absence on the album is abundantly clear. Barry announced without explanation that the record was recorded by him and Matthiesen alone, though the lack of discernible guitar parts isn’t a detriment to the album. To the contrary, the of abandonment of blatant six-string fare as well as Mattheisen’s percussive accompaniment clearly allowed him and Barry to flesh out their electronic compositions and mold a narrative alluded to by the opening track’s title.

I make noisy music and sometimes make straight-up noise

Thanks, user.

some of it is concrete music

What about Penderecki's early works, then?

I thought I remember a couple /noise/es ago that he was getting it and planning to rip it.

If you guys have your own personal noise projects, reply to this post with links so we can check them out.

no you just shitposted with your keyboard